Mat

6 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Didn't you say your secondary power is not a kill? So how can you forget if you shouldn't have known anyway?

oh shoot

uh

Szeth

(also if someone wants to find where they said that, that'd be good.)

LG82: Night Three: A Good Idea

As it is with all wars, the Scadrian feud between Allomancers and Feruchemists had ups and downs for both sides. No one was dying at first (interesting that it was expected to be easy to kill a user of the Metallic Arts) but eventually people started to fall. The first fatality was mr lowercase, a blow to the Feruchemy side of things. But a few quick Allomancer deaths soon followed. Luthadel hadn't seen excitement like that in years, and it showed no sign of stopping.

The voice of the people had proven to be strong, but the even the strong have their weaknesses. At the time, it had seemed like a good idea to apprehend Danex, whom no one had seen since he was nearly killed in the alleyway a few nights ago. At the time, it seemed like his desire to hide from the Allomancers was keeping him away.

It wasn't a good idea.

It wasn't what was keeping him away.

But it's too late now.

Danex was executed! He was an Allomancer!

Vote Count:

• Mage (2): Szeth_Pancakes, Tani
  • Danex (3): Araris Valerian, Mage, Kasimir
  • Szeth_Pancakes (1): Danex

Night Three has begun, and will last about 24 hours. It will end on Friday, December 10th, at 10am PST.

• Don't forget about any actions that may be possible to take!
  • PMs are closed.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Ookla the Porched (Araris Valerian) - Lord Hadrian Penrod
  2. Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei) - Allomancer
  3. @Ookla of Anarchy and Chaos (Tani) - Reva
  4. ookla the quantificational (Danex) - Allomancer
  5. @Ookla the Confused (Szeth_Pancakes)
  6. @Mage
  7. ookla the lowercase (Sart) - Feruchemist
  8. Ookla the Paranormal (Archer) - Brawnze - Allomancer
  9. @Kasimir - Kiril Jerzy

1 minute ago, Ookla the Confused said:

On Kas?

I'm not going to say. I think the elims have some form of protection, and it may not be passive (i.e., they might only be able to protect a single teammate at a time), so there's no point in saying who I'm going to attack. Unless Tani and the elims double-tap me or something (which assumes Tani isn't elim in the first place), I'll still be around during the day to claim who I hit.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Confused said:

On Kas?

Anyone who wants to shoot me feel free. If that's what it takes to get people looking at the correct pool of suspects when I flip, I'm all for it. [Edit: 'Course, you'll have to do it more than once.]

Moreover, I just watched an episode in which Wormmon died and I'm emotionally destroyed and will be checking out of the game for tonight, so I'm not really going to be helpful.

They killed my boy and I'm not okay ;-;

Edited by Kasimir

Alright. I'm going to have to be AWOL until at least Sunday afternoon as I was a moron and misread when my second 30% midterm is due. I thought it was due Tuesday noon, but it turns out it's due Sunday noon so I guess I'm going to be pulling all-nighters. I doubt it's going to make any difference as we're probably at lylo but if we somehow survive, I can't prove it but I'm starting to theorise a <Sart, Araris, Mage> team.

Someone please yell at me if I'm on the thread instead of finishing the midterm and submitting it.

Also they killed my boy ;-;

I'm still not okay :(

Look at this poor sweet lad he never hurt anyone in his life D:

Spoiler

wormmon24.png.27f6295f7899dec162e23eeb048fa6fa.png

LG82: Day Four: Death of a Traitor

Reva stalked through the dark streets, in a unique position. She gripped a quarterstaff in her hands, tighter than necessary, in anticipation. Reva didn't usually mind the atmosphere that Luthadel took on when the sun went down and the mists came out, but she had to admit that the incoming fight would be a lot less stressful in broad daylight. But it had to be this way.

Her target, whom she had been following for a few minutes now, seemed to have no pattern in the alleys they chose to go down. Reva had planned initially to wait for her target to get where they were going before engaging (with luck, that would be a very short exchange) but she was growing impatient. It was time to do... something.

Her target ducked into another side alley, and Reva sped up, preparing to jump them. She turned the corner, and barely stopped herself from leaping at two figures.

Reva's target was already battling someone else, staff against staff. At least I brought the right weapon. Reva reevaluated everything she had thought would happen tonight. Do I engage? She thought, quickly. Neither figure had noticed her standing there, but that wouldn't last.

In the end, her decision was based on the choice that was the most fun. Engaging definitely was more fun. Plus, she had her Gold if she needed it.

Reva leveled her staff, and swung at who she thought was her target, but she honestly wasn't sure anymore. If the other figure was who she guessed it was, she didn't really care if that's who she hit.

The attack landed, and the figure stumbled back. The other leapt back, noticing Reva for the first time, then rushed forward and struck at Reva's head rapidly. Rusts, she thought. They're good.

Reva only could defend for so long. She had been counting on both figures fighting as a distraction, but the one she had hit earlier apparently snuck off. She gritted her teeth. She needed to play offense as well.

Launching herself at the figure's feet, Reva swept them out but falling on the ground in the process. They tripped- onto Reva. She broke their fall, and they still had their staff.

Desperately, she tried to tap Gold, but found she had none. Rusts. I used it all when I was attacked earlier.

Her last thought was to hope that the others wouldn't be confused by the metallic bands around her arms. She was on the Allomancer's side, really. Every war had traitors, and she was this one's.

The traitors don't survive for long.

Mage was attacked, but survived!

Tani was killed! She was an Allomancer!

Szeth_Pancakes was attacked, but survived!

Day Four has begun! It will last about 48 hours, ending on Sunday, December 12th, at 10am PST. I will likely not be on to close the cycle, and definitely won't get to rollover until 2-3pm, but at 10am the thread is closed and votes are final. Please don't post after that time.

• There will be an execution today, with a 1 vote minimum. Tied votes result in a decision by RNG.
  • PMs are closed.
  • Again, the writeup doesn't necessarily reflect what exactly happened. Blah blah you guys know that :P 

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @Ookla the Porched (Araris Valerian) - Lord Hadrian Penrod
  2. Ooklil' the Wei (Illwei) - Allomancer
  3. Ookla of Anarchy and Chaos (Tani) - Reva - Allomancer
  4. ookla the quantificational (Danex) - Allomancer
  5. @Ookla the Confused (Szeth_Pancakes)
  6. @Mage
  7. ookla the lowercase (Sart) - Feruchemist
  8. Ookla the Paranormal (Archer) - Brawnze - Allomancer
  9. @Kasimir - Kiril Jerzy

Edited by Ookla the Pianist

I've done maybe half the midterm except for the dashboards which is going to be a nightmare and I come back to this Stormfather-forsaken mess, which should be punishment in and of itself.

@Ookla the Confused, are you counterclaiming a kill on Mage, or not?

@Ookla the Porched, why should I trust you?

@Mage, who did you attack? And if you attacked no one, why not?

I think it's clear I'm very wrong about my two top trusts. I think there's also a possibility both of you are trying to get me and Mage to split the vote and hammer. But I think that's a danger whichever one of you I side with.

God. If there's one thing my tired brain does not have the energy or bandwidth to sort through.

Elims, could you not have taken a shot at me. Could you not have spared me from this suffering :|

I'm heading off to go work on the dashboards and submit the midterm and then come back to gaze on the situation with despair and sig.

Sorry for shooting you Tani, RNGesus failed me.

Spoiler

wormmon27.png.13274f5b83ddc903dd5f33d3f7f7a204.png

Wormmon more or less captures my feelings about the situation right now.

Just now, Ookla the Confused said:

That’s not much of a reason.

I'd argue that it's the best reason, and something that you haven't been trying to do. You spent C1 and part of C2 tunneling, your vote on C2 was on neither Sart nor Mage, and then last cycle you made the unwarranted assumption that all the villagers have 2 lives while the elims have 1.

Bah. No. Let me get this out of my head because I'd like answers before deciding and if I don't ask now, I'm going to have to deal with the possibility of not getting answers if/when I return on Sunday afternoon. Unless my brain is scrambling up the timezones again. Ech.

• Szeth not being familiar with the night kill rules doesn't seem right to me. People don't usually tend to be confused about rules governing their own abilities, especially when they're fairly straightforward (kills) rather than stuff like redirects. I'm also not really sure how lying about that prompts further information since this was the thread rather than the PM.

• Araris was pretty set on Danex yesterday, and not for going after Mage. Szeth on the other hand voted on Mage. But I think this was after people indicated they weren't going to move. IDK. I remember Szeth being second voter on Mage yesterday pretty early on as well so IRDK.

• This puts me in the unfortunate position of having to decide between two competing counterclaims to have put in a kill on Mage. Unfortunate since reads from posts are not my strength. At least one of <Araris, Szeth> is lying. It's possible, I think, that both Araris and Szeth are Elims and blaming each other even though one of them put in a kill on Mage. Great news: I don't know what to think >> It does mean I am better off voting within the <Araris, Szeth> pool because at least one of them must be Evil, but it's not clear if Mage is even though I think he is. And Szeth, I could ask you the same question - why should I trust you? It's lylo and I'm basically just going to vote with whichever of the two of you seems less sketch to me.

• Araris, if you think Szeth and Mage are Elims together, why are you voting on Szeth rather than Mage?

• I still can't really reconcile Araris's vote on Sart with Araris being Evil. I could see it being a matter of no real good alternatives to move to without drawing suspicion, maybe. But there's still the problem of Mage having been proven to have an extra life. Why wouldn't the Elims just shift the train to Mage? Better to have an extra life gone than to be one man down. Yet Szeth's voting patterns are not as good but don't really explain why Sart died. Szeth had a vote on Archer, and the last teammate could easily stack to save Sart. 

Before I forget: Araris. I'm open to changing this before the cycle ends but I flipped a coin and the coin said Araris so I'm voting on Araris for now.