Having a Bad Day?: Get 'yer Hugs here!!

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Silverblade5 said:

A couple weeks ago, I found out that a friend and coworker had a brain tumor. Today, during his break, he passed out in a chair. Had to get rough with him to get him up. Company owner ended up driving him home. We suspect it might've been a result of his medication. 

*gives sympathetic hug - no words needed*

I think I have some kind of OCD-thingy and I worry about tons of stuff and have these recurring intrusive thoughts that I can’t get rid of. I hate it, but it won’t go away. And the worst thing is, most of my worries and thoughts have managed to get tied to my religion, which makes it confusing and scary. 

On July 19, 2018 at 6:17 PM, Silverblade5 said:

A couple weeks ago, I found out that a friend and coworker had a brain tumor. Today, during his break, he passed out in a chair. Had to get rough with him to get him up. Company owner ended up driving him home. We suspect it might've been a result of his medication. 

Update: because of the fact that he could have a seizure at any moment, and the fact that lots of heavy equipment is constantly being operated, and we've constantly got trucks coming in and out, it has been determined that he presents a hazard, and has therefore been let go. 

On 7/24/2018 at 5:12 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

I think I have some kind of OCD-thingy and I worry about tons of stuff and have these recurring intrusive thoughts that I can’t get rid of. I hate it, but it won’t go away. And the worst thing is, most of my worries and thoughts have managed to get tied to my religion, which makes it confusing and scary. 

I know some people are against it, but medicine is a beautiful thing. I have anxiety/depression issues and meds make everything calmer. 

Maybe talk to your doctor about it? the symptoms can be controlled. Its not a one and done thing though, you might need to try diff meds. 

I had to try a few before i found one that doesnt make me feel weirder or simply..off. but its worth it. 

1 hour ago, Niteshado said:

I know some people are against it, but medicine is a beautiful thing. I have anxiety/depression issues and meds make everything calmer. 

Maybe talk to your doctor about it? the symptoms can be controlled. Its not a one and done thing though, you might need to try diff meds. 

I had to try a few before i found one that doesnt make me feel weirder or simply..off. but its worth it. 

Huh. Thanks! I will be seeing a doctor about the problems next month, so I’ll see what they will recommend to me.

1 hour ago, Niteshado said:

Yeah discussing the possibility of medication is always a good idea, if that's not something you're comfortable with then definitely see if you can find a trained mental health professional to speak to. Many anonymous services exist depending on what country you're in, and having someone who actually understands and listens can be a real life saver.

3 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Huh. Thanks! I will be seeing a doctor about the problems next month, so I’ll see what they will recommend to me.

go with what they say, but do NOT be afraid to tell them if it makes you worse or just simply feel "weird"

Dont be afraid as well to stop taking it till you see the doctor again if it makes you worse or you dont like it. 

The first 2 weeks are gonna be weird in general. Starting meds cause set off side effects. usually for me the first 2 weeks i feel better but have odd extra feelings or things happening. talk to your doctor if it continues, but give it 2 weeks at least, a lot of times the effects go away.

If you do have any questions or need to talk to someone, feel free to message me too :)

Someone I used to know died today. I never knew more than their name and I hadn't seen her in several years, but strangely it still stings. They say she rolled her car coming down the canyon, they say she wasn't wearing a seatbelt and was ejected from the car. I can't help but think how I am not dissimilar to her, we were in the same school took the same classes, I have driven down the same canyon. I don't know why I remember her, most faces are but blurs their names meaningless but for some reason her’s is sharply in focus. She was in my English class several years ago, she would answer questions and make insightful and often amusing comments. Aside from the occasional hello I never spoke to her. But I did see her, she was always smiling, always happy and full of life. Now she is not. Now she is dead. Death comes for us all, It looms just out of sight but sometimes I see it. Someday it will take people I know, this scares me. They say there is no light without darkness, they say it is contrast that gives life meaning, perhaps without death's shadow life would not have its allure. When we do see death let us reflect on it and contrast its bleak gaze to the intrinsic beauty that breaths all around us. Rejoice in the sunny splendor of life because we never know who it will take next.

Edited by The Forgetful Archivist

Not exactly the best day for me:

A pallet of stuff came in for work and it was so dirty I needed to wash my hands twice while unloading, the boxes were pretty smashed and 4 had to thrown away because they were too damaged or had gotten wet recently.

Needed to get the pallet behind the building where we keep pallets and I couldn't get back there because the maintenance man had his truck parked in the way. I went to ask him if he could please move the white truck so that I could get the pallet back there, I don't have permission to drive company vehicles, and he was so belligerent about it like I had asked in the rudest way possible.

One of the campuses called and they decided to rearrange the prek rooms... and I'd already done the inventory work for those rooms so I had to redo them so they had the right stuff assigned to them. These people don't seem to realize that this is how mistakes in the count happen since it's trying to figure out what goes where now. Oh and they do this every year, I do the tickets and they change the rooms.

Then me and my mom went to Panera Bread for lunch before going to the campus and she was rude to the manager taking our order. She was trying to take my mom's order but she wouldn't listen to the girl at all. The girl kept asking her for the base of the sandwich so that she'd know which sandwich to click on but my mom kept going 'no, you listen to me!' and the girl would reply 'ma'am I need to know what your base is first before I can do the toppings' I mean how hard is it to say 'turkey w/ (insert toppings)' instead of saying bread, sauce, cheese, veggie, meat, especially since the meat is how the employees know what sandwich you want. So because she refused to listen to the girl my mom chose to punish herself by not ordering anything, wait for me to finish eating and then she picked something up from McDonald's. Then she started telling everyone that it was the girl who was rude! She does this all the time and yet she wonders why her food is messed up 90% of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

*gives hug*

Required staying late is horrible. All you want to do is leave that building after a long day, but then they’re like “this is MANDATORY.” As if that makes you happy to stay.

Sorry that normally bad experience wound up on your birthday. 

Maybe the rest of the day will be better?

Its been a bit of a bad week, hopefully, yall won't mind if I vent a bit. I started having panic attacks about 2 weeks ago, and asked for a leave of absence at work (I work at a local pizza joint) they were not at all understanding and tried to fire me until they realized the possible legal implications. So they gave me my leave in the most uncaring and condescending way they could. I went to the doctor and he got me on some medication but stuff didn't really get better (I guess it takes a while to get into my system), I had panic attacks almost every day for the next week and a half and even had some thoughts about cutting or burning myself. on top of this I used to have a really bad speech impediment that took 10 years of speech therapy to get over, and now its started to come back, which kind of really sucks. I started missing a lot of school and I have had to drop all my classes to focus on getting better. Rationally I know it's not quitting, but it still feels that way, and I don't like giving up. I finally got in to talk to some sort of therapist person and he's pretty sure I have Bipolar II and OCD and we've only just started to dig, who knows what else might turn up. On one hand, its good to be making progress to patching my mind back together, but its also kinda freaking me out, sometimes medications don't work, and bipolar has a fairly high suicide rate. This really scares me. Basically, everyone agrees that I'm pretty messed up, but we still don't have any concrete ideas on how to fix it. 

@The Forgetful Archivist Panic attacks are NOT fun. I lived with them (about 3 a day) since i was young. Medicine helped me a lot with this. I was on Paxil from age 10-21, then stopped taking it. Panic attacks started back and i went back on it, then switched it around. Paxil tended to strip me of emotions so i wanted to try other things. Switched to Effexor and hated it, then swapped to Lexapro and thats where im at now and this medicine acts perfect for me. Takes a little patience to get the right one, plus you wont really notice anything until about 3 weeks in usually. Just hang in there. 

Thoughts of cutting or burning, They can be frightening. A trick i have picked up for this is oddly enough: Rubber bands. Keep one around your wrist, and if you feel the need, you can pull it back and snap it against your wrist. Safer alternative if you need it. 

Talking to a therapist is great. A lot of people tend to be afraid to go, or to talk out about what they are going through. Im glad you are able to speak out about it, and seek help. Just remember not to close up and withdraw. It can be hard sometimes but push through and you will be ok. It might take time, keep that in mind. Not every medicine you try will work, it can be annoying and disheartening, but finding the right medicine takes time sometimes, dont be afraid of speaking to whomever and telling them your medicine makes you feel weird, or you dont like it. Once you find the right one, you will know. 

Just keep your head up, and although i might not know you on a personal level, know I am always around if you need someone to talk to, or need support. I can relate a good bit. Ive got your back.