I see what you mean @little wilson

Also, since the hemalurgist hasn't come forward, and someone has placed a lynchlynch on him. And I've noticed he hasn't been very active lately, has been PMing me gut hasn't been active in thread.

@Aonar Faileas. I'm calling you out.

In thread I've mentioned wyrm saying you had been turned into a hemalurgist "a few nights ago" unless you give me tthe exact high you were turned into a hemalurgist, the only reason I can see is an omen. That you turned into an eliminator hemalurgist on the night on of the omens was found

Aonar faileas.

last name sounds too much like sadeas as well 

Aon leaned against the wall while the explorers gathered, failing to hold back a self satisfied smirk. 

"Who do you think found the Heart, Sheon? Who has been able to hear it's call from the very beginning?" 

Belatedly, she realized she had failed to share what she had heard earlier, so no one knew what she was talking about.

"Me, of course." And it was beautiful. Clearly, killing the professor had gotten the House's attention.

Shara, however, seemed unimpressed. She rattled off some nonsense about suspicious voting patterns and trying to capitalize on the professor's death. Now that won't do....

Okay Nyali. What the heck. I get that your reasoning is largely subjective, but I would appreciate if you had your facts straight. 

So. Suspicious voting patterns? For votes I can remember: (I'm not going to bother reading back through the thread for this.) I voted for Len shortly after Wilson (which, although I know it is unconfirmable, is what I would've done even if Wilson hadn't voted for him. I'd expressed suspicion of him more than once prior.) I abstained from the Dani lynch, since Mark's post made me privy to information that made me believe she was innocent. However, I declined to reveal this because I felt we would gain more useful info from the lynch proceeding as it stood. I voted for Hael because I was suspicious of him previously, I knew ahead of time Wilson had planned to scan him with Tin, and a fake scan gambit didn't seem like something Wilson would do for such little gain. However, despite this, I did not "capitalize on his death" as you so helpfully insist. I asked questions. I worked to confirm and iron out both his and Wilson's stories. Heck, for a while I honestly believed Hael might be innocent. I'm not sure where your 'feelings' are coming from, but they are wrong.

And now for DA. There is so much I could say here, but suffice it to say that most of it would break some or another etiquette rule. I've been busy the last couple nights, so haven't had time to post. (I am also rather angry about some IRL stuff, which I'm aware is coming across. I'm not in the mood to apologize, however.) I'm not a hemalurgist. I've never been a hemalurgist. As far as I'm aware, there is no village hemalurgist. (Why would there be? It's not an inherent ability like allomancy or surgebinding and Wyrm confirmed that the only village roles would be inherent.) I straight up said as much in my analysis of the omen I found the same night you supposedly found your book. I claimed to you in your PM because you were and are being suspicious as hell, and I wanted to call your bluff and see what you'd do. (Wilson can confirm, if she so desires.) Unfortunately for me, you gave me just as much for your being a Traitor as not. And by the way, you explored instead of translating the very thing we supposedly need to kill the House? Which we could have done this very night if you had? No. That doesn't happen, I'm sorry. Either you're an Elim who did something stupid and is trying to stall for time, or you're being deliberately unhelpful. (And according to you, if you die your item gets given to another villager rather than taken by the House, so there's really nothing to lose in killing you.)

Edited by Aonar Faileas

4 minutes ago, Aonar Faileas said:

I voted for Hael because I was suspicious of him previously, I knew ahead of time Wilson had planned to scan him with Tin

Shoot, I forgot about that detail. That alone is enough to make me second guess my analysis. Aonar. Who else knew about that again?

Also, I totally agree about DA. Should we lynch someone who claims to have an item that can kill the heart of the house, but is being extremely suspicious? I'm just afraid it will remove the item from the game...

Aonar, Seonid, and Doc were the only people who knew that. El knew I had Tin and that I distrusted Hael, so she probably could've worked it out if she'd wanted to.

Aonar told me he was going to claim Hemalurgist to DA to see what DA would do. I thought it was risky, but if it's what he wanted to do, then okay.

The last WGG done in the games was suggested by me but done by Burnt. The WGG before that was also suggested by me, and while I performed the attack, Cessie is the one who did the gambit (LG2). Yes, I am fond of WGGC's, but I'm also fond of being strategic and a WGG at that point in time in this game on me would not have been strategic.

Straw. DA. I've decided I'm tired of trying to work out what you're doing and would rather the info from the lynch tell us.

Edit: And as for removing the item from the game, if he's telling the truth, he said it'll move to another villager upon his death. If he'd lying, it can't kill the house anyway because it's probably an omen. Coincidentally, this book he claims to have he found the same night Aonar found the book omen that sounds almost identical to what DA has.

And a Hemalurgist killing the house? When the Hemalurgist is likely a Traitor? There are too many inconsistencies with DA's story.

Edited by little wilson

8 minutes ago, little wilson said:

Edit: And as for removing the item from the game, if he's telling the truth, he said it'll move to another villager upon his death. If he'd lying, it can't kill the house anyway because it's probably an omen. Coincidentally, this book he claims to have her found the same night Aonar found the book omen that sounds almost identical to what DA has.

I really need to pay more attention to this game. DA

If there were a reasonable second choice of suspicion, I'd argue for us to leave DA to Wilson's vial of mixed metals (I'm assume that if she could kill herself, she could kill DA) and lynch the second suspect.

With the lack of any clear consensus on other suspicions, and given the prevalence of protection items, I think I'll vote DA

19 hours ago, little wilson said:

And you, Arin? You also didn't say anything at all during the Hael lynch. Why is that? What are your thoughts right now? Suspicions? 

First I want to apologize for my inactivity.

So what about Hael? Honestly I just thought that he was innocent, and because there was already a huge number of votes on him and if I voted against you(Wilson) it would change nothing. So I just abstained from voting.
Suspicion? I gonna vote against DA. I do not understand why he remained unnoticed for so long time. Yeah there was peoples in thread that reffered that erratic behavior is usual for him. But if look on It from the other side he can just use that to cover his alignment. Don't know what else I can say I really bad in post analyzing, I can say only obvious things :(

Edited by Arinian

17 hours ago, Seonid said:

The last person I've seen pull a WGG was  actually Wilson, I think. LG15? Somewhere around there? We need @Elberethfor this one, I think.

This amuses me far more than it should, I think. Wilson got it, though. :P 

4 hours ago, little wilson said:

Aonar, Seonid, and Doc were the only people who knew that. El knew I had Tin and that I distrusted Hael, so she probably could've worked it out if she'd wanted to.

I actually didn't know you had Tin - I knew it existed, but I don't think I ever found out whether Doc had actually passed it or not. Point stands, though. I probably could've figured it out if I'd thought about it. 

My vote will go on DA as well. In my opinion, it doesn't particularly matter whether he's a villager or an eliminator - even if he is good, he doesn't appear to be actually helping the village. Else he wouldn't have explored last night instead of translating that book. As Wilson said, if he's village the book will move on, and if he's evil it's almost certain not to be able to help the village in the first place. So there's really not much to lose from his death. 

Night 7: A Graphic Novel

Billy sat down on a chair in the study and opened the book. It was ancient and had clearly seen better days, but that just made it all the more valuable. It was bound in leather and the titling on the front, though it could not be read, was engraved in metal. Once, it had probably been an incredibly important book for someone, judging from the wear from repeated use. But since then, it had just been gathering dust. He wiped the thin layer from the top, shivering a little at the touch of the covers. It felt wrong, for some reason.

“What are you reading?” Aon asked, looking over at him.

“A book,” Billy shrugged.

“That book looks a bit familiar,” Aon said. “It was in the library, wasn't it?”

“Where else would a book be?”

“I looked back later and it'd gone missing,” Aon continued to muse, ignoring the response. “It was a bit odd, I thought to myself, because none of the others had up and left. Very suspicious.”

“It's not suspicious, I took it,” Billy said. “It's interesting.”

“Oh?” Aon peered over the top of the book. “I didn't think you would be able to read it.”

“Well, I can,” Billy said with a huff. “Ish. It's slow, 'cause I have to keep looking back and seeing what is meant by things.”

“So what is it then?” Aon asked. “What does it say?”

“It's a book on Hemalurgy,” Billy said.

“And what's Hemalurgy?” Aon asked, a little exasperated. “What does it mean, what does it do?”

Billy shrugged.

“Hema- means blood,” Aon muttered to herself. Some kind of method that used blood to Awaken things? Though to be honest, she'd expect anything at this stage. The objects they had found in the House had entirely thrown their understanding of the world off kilter, and this was just another example of that.

She leaned over a little more, looking at the diagram on the page. What she saw was a rather surprisingly bloody image sketched on the paper, the artist painstakingly making the scene as graphic as possible with a simple pencil. She took a step back, shaken, and went to discuss it with the others.

The next time they approached Billy, they had rope in hand.

Billy/Darkness Ascendant was a Hemalurgist with a Book of Hemalurgy!
The
Book Bound in Human Skin Omen has been vanquished!

Billy/Darkness Ascendant (5): Shara (Nyali), Khaos (little wilson), Arinian (Arinian), Sheon Idris (Seonid), Kresla (Elbereth)
Bugsy/Bugsy6912 (1): Aralis (Araris Valerian)
Nathan/Nathanvanduij (1): Bugsy (Bugsy6912)
Locke/OrlokTsubodai (1): The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III)
Aon Deag/Aonar Faileas (1): Billy (Darkness Ascendant)

Character List

1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties. - Surgebinder
  3. Shara (Nyali) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree. - Explorer
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market. - Explorer
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life...
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure. - Explorer
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook.
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion. - Explorer
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie.
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure. - Explorer
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person. - Explorer
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance. - Hemalurgist
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself.
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA - Explorer
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise.
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy...
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for?
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars. - Lifeless Commander
  27. The Lady of Chaos (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA 
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. Mark (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1482094800.png

Edited by Alvron

1 minute ago, Aonar Faileas said:

Well what do you know. :P Storms I'm good. :P Hopefully we can find the real means of killing the House tonight.

I appreciate the write up Wyrm, although I am a little confused as to why Aon switched genders. :P

Because Aon is not a name particularly indicative of genders and I am a forgetful person >>.

Oh. Um.... Oops? I literally forgot about this game. Sorry.

Also, we have two days left to decide if we want to put pinch hitters in for me and Chaos. We will be totally unplugged from the 18th to the 27th; nine full days of inactivity. In fairness, it's not like a lot will change, but still.

I have a rather unfortunate and perhaps startling statement to make. If QF20 finishes before this game, which seems likely, I will probably drop out of this game in order to start my hiatus earlier. Apologies to all villagers (and death threats to all elims :P), but I feel as if I must take a break as soon as possible.

Edited by little wilson
Orange/gold is for moderator use only, thank you

Rule Clarifications:

1. Is the Heart of the House an Item? Is it in someone's pocket right now?
No - it's just the physical and spiritual centre of the House, i.e. a location which has been discovered.

2. Is it possible to arrange a pinch-hitter for this game?
No, for several reasons, including information hygiene, and that it's too late for them at this point. There is also no 'drop out' mechanism. This doesn't mean you can't go inactive - but it does mean we have no formal mechanism for allowing a player to retire their character from the pool of living players.

Edited by Kasimir

14 hours ago, JUQ said:

Orange/gold is for moderator use only, thank you

Alright. Blue looks better anyway :P.

Could the people who haven't posted please voice their opinions on a mass exploration? Obviously people with useful roles, like Wilson, should use them instead of exploring. However, everyone else should explore imo.

Well, exploring is nice, since it will eventually let us kill the Heart of the House. We can still spawn Omens, but that is an unavoidable risk. With all the inactives, and all the people that use items/roles, I doubt that much exploration will actually happen in the event of a "mass explore". I don't think there is really that much discussion to be had on the topic.

Day 8: Ceiling Falls, Everybody Dies

Eques peered around the double door frame into the dark room. He turned back to his companions and nodded, pointing at Aon and motioning her in, as she had the torch. She nodded in turn, and went first with her torch. The symbol on the glass blazed into life, shining a faint beam of light into the room. How the device worked, none of them had any idea, but they were glad for it right now.

“How does it look?” Bugsy asked, fidgeting a little nervously outside, looking down the corridor they had come from and the one that crossed it before the door. “Come on, come on, I feel really exposed and vulnerable out here.”

“It looks safe?” Aon said, hesitantly. “Large, but safe?”

“Why did you say it like that?” Bugsy asked, wheeling around to her. “Are you sure or aren't you? How can you not be sure?!”

“We can't let our guards down in this place,” Aon replied. “Even if it looks safe, we can't be certain. Caution will keep us alive in here. Don't trust anything in the room.”

“Even us,” Eques muttered dryly before slowly advancing in and looking around. He edged over to the side of the room, running a hand along the walls to look for cracks indicative of a secret passage. They'd already found a few, after all, no reason there couldn't be some in this room too.

Bugsy followed the others into the room, eyeing Eques' back suspiciously after that comment, but also giving Aon a few glances as well. He felt the threat was very much contained within the people, rather than the House.

“Aha!” Eques said, making Bugsy jump.

“What? What have you found?” Bugsy asked, peering over Eques' shoulder so he could see.

Aon walked over too, standing a little to the side and behind them to shine the torch over to illuminate Eques' findings.

“Cheers,” Eques said, prizing a wooden slat from the wall. “This was crooked, so it stood out a little. Put my fingers around it and I could feel something underneath. So...” He heaved a little more, and there was a slight splintering noise as the panel came off. He dropped it on the floor, no longer caring about it in light of what was hidden underneath it.

“It looks like some kind of mechanism,” Aon said, squinting a little to make out the detail. “A button of some kind? Press it!” She leaned forwards.

“Wait!” Bugsy took her arm to stop her. “We don't know what it is.”

“Secret passage,” Eques said with a grin, as Bugsy let go of the offending limb. “There must be hundreds of them here. Some are for the servants to come and go without being seen, but there are others that I don't think were for them. Colours if I know what for.”

“This House is rather shady,” Bugsy said, frowning. “Maybe there are things here that the masters of the House didn't even want the serving staff to know?”

“Could be,” Eques nodded. “It'd have to be something pretty valuable or illegal for them to hide it from their servants though, no way they'd be concerned about anything small around them.”

“Or it could be something dangerous,” Bugsy pointed out.

“Yes,” Eques acknowledged. “But don't we want to find something dangerous? There's something in this place. You heard it first, right? We can all hear it now. Thumping away, like we're in some kind of heart. We need something to stab it. Kill the Heart... Maybe we can leave.”

“It's a bloody House!” Bugsy said, exasperation getting the best of him. “Brick and wood and mortar! You can't... You can't kill something like that.”

“Wood can be Awakened though,” Eques pointed out. “And there are stories of even non-organic materials being Awakened. This place is, for want of a better word, alive. Might not make sense, but does anything about this place?”

“...I guess so,” Bugsy eventually nodded. “Well, let's see what it is then.”

“Stand back,” Eques instructed. “The wall might swing out quickly and hit us if we're too close.” They obeyed his command, and Eques pressed the button. He stood back and looked at the others, frowning at Aon, who was looking up at the ceiling. “What?” he asked.

“Is the ceiling getting closer?” she asked, a puzzled look on her face. “Or is it just me?”

“Colours!” Bugsy shouted as he too looked up and realised what was happening. The tall ceiling was indeed getting closer, rather quickly. It sparkled a little in the light of Aon's torch, as covering it were row upon row of metallic spikes. “Run!” he said, pushing Aon along to get her to stop standing there.

They ran towards the door they had came through, but it would be a close call. Then the door started to creak closed, both parts scraping along the stone floor. There was just enough room for the three of them abreast. Then two of them. Then one.

Aon threw herself through the closing door. There was a loud slamming sound as the door closed, followed by a quieter crash and swearing as a body hid the heavy wooden door. Then the swearing picked up again, joined by another voice. Then there was a hideous crunch, followed by silence.

Aon picked herself off the floor. There was blood in her mouth, she realised. Maybe she'd bitten her tongue or something when she hit the ground. It was strange how it tasted, probably not something she wanted to get used to. She stood there for a moment, looking at the rubble that had consumed the room. She felt an odd detachment at the sight, as though she was actually under there with the other two, and this here was her Breath watching her body. Maybe she should say something, a small prayer to the Iridescent Tomes. Maybe she'd Return, but she didn't know what she'd call herself. That would be a problem. Hopefully the priests would have a nice name picked out for her so she wouldn't have to think of one.

Maybe if she looked through the room, she'd find her mangled corpse. She wondered how it'd look. Hopefully it hadn't damaged her clothes, she'd only recently bought them, and at the very least someone else could use them after the blood was cleaned off them. Blood was a real pain to get out of them too. Not that she'd ever had to, not her blood anyway. Or anyone else's. That would make her a murderer or maybe the friend of a murderer and she didn't think that was true. She realised she was rambling a little to herself, but decided she would prefer that to being able to think right now. The mind was a really weird thing, wasn't it?

“You know what your immediate future and a group of crows have in common?” A high-pitched voice shrieked into Aon's ear. She involuntarily winced at the sudden voice so close up, but remained sound enough of mind to turn around to see what it was. But it was too late to react; the blade had already pierced through her. A hand pushed her off the dagger and down to the floor. Something stood over her, something clearly inhuman, but already her vision was darkening too much for her to make out what it was. Maybe it was never there at all.

“A murder.” The creature's piercing cackling consumed her senses as slowly the world faded to black.

Bugsy (Bugsy6912) was an Explorer!
Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) was an
Explorer with an Aon Ashe-Inscribed Torch, a Vial of Brass, and an Aon Ate Mark!
Eques Tempore (Straw) was a
Coinshot!

I would like to remind people that these writeups contain no useful information, aside from potentially an Omen being hidden within them if discovered. I have mixed up a few details to prevent people being able to derive the kills from what was written. This writeup should not be taken literally, in that these three were all exploring, or that they didn't turn on each other in a vicious bloodbath, etc. It's a nice little story containing exactly one bit of useful information - These three people died. No more can be read from it.

Character List

1. Dr Konwa Arelle (Wonko the Sane) - A biochromantic scholar.
  2. Frost (Doctor12) - He changed his name to something he thought sounded cool. Coincidentally, he is no longer invited to parties. - Surgebinder
  3. Shara (Nyali) - A real estate agent that ain't afraid of no ghost, because she doesn't believe in them.
  4. Stick (I_Am_A_Stick) - A thin piece of wood that has been cut off or that has fallen off a tree. - Explorer
  5. Aralis (Araries Valerian) - Not all-together there.
  6. Yiferien (Daniyah) - A murderous maid with her mind on the property market. - Explorer
  7. Exion (Unodus) - Gambling with his life...
  8. Rotiart (Paranoid King) - Not suspicious at all guys.
  9. Moro (Magestar) - Searching for treasure. - Explorer
  10. Bugsy (Bugsy6912) - Not related to any potential crook. - Explorer
  11. Doctor Ryan Oglethorpe (phattemer) - Has a strange speaking problem. - Explorer
  12. Quintus (Jondesu) - Entering the mansion. - Explorer
  13. Khaos (little wilson) - A fear junkie.
  14. Isaac 'The Hammer' Jones (Elenion) - In search of treasure. - Explorer
  15. Nightspud (Assassin in Burgundy) - A questionably starchy person. - Explorer
  16. Nathan (Nathanvanduij) - Signed up.
  17. Dr Artie Neuems (Arraenae) - An old gentleman comparing about today's youth. - Explorer
  18. Billy (Darkness Ascendant) - An rural man enamored by the House's appearance. - Hemalurgist
  19. Arinian (Arinian) - Appearing as himself.
  20. Greg Ronald (STINK) - TBA - Explorer
  21. Locke (Orlok Tsubodai) - George Washington in disguise.
  22. The Guy in the Red Uniform (Ecthelion III) - Too easy...
  23. Aon Deag (Aonar Faileas) - Has no interest in buying, so what is he there for? - Explorer
  24. Sean (polkinghorndb) - Planning on asset-stripping the House.
  25. C. L. Anky (Clanky) - Hired for investigative purposes.
  26. Prof. Alberd Hae (Haelbarde) - Searching for the research notes of the Five Scholars. - Lifeless Commander
  27. The Lady of Chaos (The_Lady_Of_Chaos) - TBA
  28. Jeffery Wilferson (jefrywlfersn) - TBA
  29. Eques Tempore (Straw) - TBA - Coinshot
  30. Sheon Idris (Seonid) - A shade of his former self.
  31. Juq (JUQ) - TBA 
  32. Huxton (The Young Bard) - He means well but does bad. - Explorer
  33. Kasther (Kasimir) - Intreped young estate agent. - Estate Agent
  34. Kresla (Elbereth) - Wide-eyed and innocent. This cannot end badly.
  35. Mark (Mark IV) - Better than Mark III.

Kasther's Pocketwatch

blu_1482267600.png

Edited by Alvron

I'm going to guess that Aonar was the Traitor kill, with Bugsy and Straw being vigilante kills.

Right now, I would like to hear from @Arinian @OrlokTsubodai @Elbereth @Clanky @Ookla The Russian (Mark) and @Paranoid King. These are the lurkers/inactives who at least have a chance of getting more active, now that Wonko and Chaos are on their cruise. I've included El because she hasn't been talking as much lately, though that's partly because of college applications and stuff.

Right now, we've got the Heart, there are 19 players alive (3 completely inactive and won't be returning) and 4 Traitors left. If one of those inactives isn't a Traitor, it's 4 to 12 right now. Those numbers don't seem terrible, and yet if we keep killing ourselves like we just did last night (none of those kills were me, by the way), we're not going to have much of a chance.

I'm tempted to vote for Arin. I doubt the Traitors didn't take advantage of the DA lynch last cycle, so I'm betting at least one voted for him. Out of all the votes on DA, Arin's is the one I'm most suspicious of.