No.  I said it was a gut feeling and that's what it was.  If I had another reason for voting then I would've said so when I voted.

Very well. I don't know about you, but I find that my own gut feeling is often a poor judge. If you feel like lynching me, I can't really do much to defend against that.

As for Meandbooks, it is quite possible, it being her first game, that she has either entirely forgotten her involvement in the game, or simply doesn't realize the impact of not posting.

Ripple, 

Is there any other reason than it being a subconscious reaction?  Referring to the lynching as most likely a Skaa and claiming it on a confusion just does not roll for me.

We have been talking about a plan to get the Skaa since page one, not only that, but on the rules it is clearly stated the the Skaa are the bad guys in the game, on top of that, there were a good 2-3 posts on math behind our chances of hitting a Skaa/Villager. You have been active in the thread (Since page 2, afaik) and I do not believe you just "forgot, it can't be a coincidence.

Give me some good reasoning --other than "other games skaa=good"--, or else my vote is on you.

Ripple

I don't know what I was thinking, that's the problem. I just made a typo, and now am being punished for it. Maybe I was going to say it would most likely not be a skaa, then got it mixed up with it likely being a villager, I don't know. Why is this such a big issue? I made a typo, therefore I must die. That seems like a bit of a stretch. How am I supposed to come up with a defense for a mindless slip of the keyboard? I was somewhat flustered from a vote based on no evidence whatsoever. What I want to know is why Orlok was so ready to jump onto me and say: look, a typo, that means she's a skaa. (got it right this time) It seems like he was waiting for an excuse to lynch someone. Even then, no one is discussing how Maill mixed up Orlok and Kipper. Putting my vote on Meandbooks to tie it for now.

Edited by RippleGylf

Yeah, a lynch train based off of a typo doesn't make sense to me. If there's something else, fine, but a typo? I know I'm guilty enough of that, as evidenced already in this game. Yes, the subconscious thing is a possibility, but is it a large enough one to base an entire lynch off of? Let the Coinshot(s) be the judge of that and if not, we can watch Ripple closer. Yeah, I know this will be taken as a defense of Ripple, but I just don't think these arguments are valid enough.

Also, our other lynch option is a first time player? If we're going to lynch an inactive, let it be Phatt or someone else who has played multiple games, not the newbie.

I cannot, in good conscience, support a lynch/kill on Ripple in the first cycle. I did that already a few games ago. Take me instead.

...but not really. I died cycle 1 in the QF. Wipe out Mailliw; he called me evil.

Edited by Kipper

I cannot, in good conscience, support a lynch/kill on Ripple in the first cycle. I did that already a few games ago. Take me instead.

...but not really. I died cycle 1 in the QF. Wipe out Mailliw; he called me evil.

I said I'm leaning toward evil, not that I'm certain. :P You'll notice I'm not voting for you.

Yeah, I know I said I wanted to ensure a lynch, but I don't like lynching either of our current contenders. If it comes down to it, I'll be voting for ripple over meanderbrooks, but the typo thing is really a small bit of evidence. I've made typos like that on both sides.

Oh, and retracting my vote on Sart, so that I don't have to worry about it later.

I said I'm leaning toward evil, not that I'm certain. :P You'll notice I'm not voting for you.

If I thought you were evil, I wouldn't vote for you. :ph34r: In the later parts of the game, people tend to place way too much significance on D1 votes, so if you (or I guess Wyrm, in this case) turned out to be evil, I would have some suspicion placed on me.

Snatching a moment between classes. Maili, while I'm not sure about you, I'm not sure about anyone except myself right now, but I'm willing to buy your Joe-reading abilities at this point in time.

Joe, I think that's an awfully tentative hope off which to work, much less to potentially lose a charge from each of our Lurchers over given the collective-action problem but I am going to reserve judgement for the moment.

I don't have the time to go over the Ripple-brouhaha, but I do have a question for Alv. If you believed Joe to be an atium skaa making a sacrifice play, then why only interject later into the cycle? The danger that our Lurchers did not follow/see in time to change orders was real, due to timezones.

Hm, I'd have to agree that lynching Ripple because of a typo is a pretty weak reason. I don't think lynching a new player on the first day is a good idea either. I'm fine with a tied lynch I suppose. No one really sticks out to me yet, so I'm fine with keeping my vote where it is.

Clanky, if you want a lynch, why didn't you vote? Or if you don't want one of the two candidates up for the lynch to be lynched, push for someone else?

@Maili, you're referring to my post about the Coinshots right? I think that the Skaa already have an advantage because of the lack of PM's, so why would they get two kills as well? Maybe they could have a Coinshot since there are limited uses, I don't know. I was just stating my opinion and my thoughts about if they did have one.

WellI I do have a vote on Sart and he hasn't done anything that makes me want to remove it. I feel like we will get a lynch anyways since I doubt anyone actually wants to kill meandbooks before they even get a chance so that leaves Ripple. If there were more time left I would try and push for someone else's lynch but I have to get to bed and won't be on till the next cycle.

Oh.

Vote Tally

Me&books (3): Sart, Araris, Ripple

Sart (1): Clanky

Lopen (1): Maill

Phatt (2): Alfa, STINK

Ripple (4): Alv, Joe, Creccio

DeathCluth (1): Lopen

Maill (2): Wyrm

Alv (1): Kas

So, Ripple's on the lynch table because of a simple typo? That's too simple of a reason...

Edit: Ninjaed. Removed Orlok's vote

Edit: html is hard on phone

Edit: why isn't the ul thingy not working??

Edit: Removed Kas' vote from Mailliw. Place it on Alv.

Edited by nicocoberru

I'm going to place a vote on Joe, in an attempt to offer up an alternative lynch proposal.

I have a fair amount if residual suspicion from the plan, and his retraction of the plan, and I am aware that there is a good explanation of this, but equally, it seems a pretty good way of gaining trust to propose and retract a plan helping the village - it feels very genuine.

Further, given from the later votes we were lynching Ripple on the basis of the information it would give, the amount we could draw from Joe's death at this point is vast.

(That and I can't really countenance lynching a new player on cycle 1, and I feel that the Ripple incident has spiralled further than I intended).

Oh.

Vote Tally

Me&books (3): Sart, Araris, Ripple

Sart (1): Clanky

Lopen (1): Maill

Phatt (2): Alfa, STINK

Ripple (4): Alv, Joe, Creccio

DeathCluth (1): Lopen

Maill (2): Kas, Wyrm

So, Ripple's on the lynch table because of a simple typo? That's too simple of a reason...

Edit: Ninjaed. Removed Orlok's vote

Edit: html is hard on phone

Edit: why isn't the ul thingy not working??

Kas retracted his vote from me. 

1) Just noticed elsewhere on the forum that Ripple seems hurt by our lynch train on her. Ripple, whilst I've tried now to derail it, I really am sorry about this.

2) I would strongly encourage others to reconsider their votes, this cycle at least. The last thing we want is to be seen as a sub forum where people cannot join, because of a non-inclusive culture. Even if you are certain of Ripple's guilt, it is, in my mind, worth us not lynching her this cycle, to maintain and try and encourage a more inclusive atmosphere.

I don't have the time to go over the Ripple-brouhaha, but I do have a question for Alv. If you believed Joe to be an atium skaa making a sacrifice play, then why only interject later into the cycle? The danger that our Lurchers did not follow/see in time to change orders was real, due to timezones.

I had planned to call out Joe just after I got home from work so it would've been a little over 14 hours before rollover.  Plenty of time for most to change their actions.  

Why didn't I say something earlier?  I wanted to see how many opposed Joes plan and how they opposed it.  Were they just against it for no reason or did they have logical reasons for it?  Did they change their minds when given new information or were they stubborn in their beliefs?  These things would've given us plenty to work with in finding the rest of the Skaa.  That's why I was so disappointed in Joe not being an Atium user trying to kill everyone.

Edit for new information:

Kas retracted his vote from me. 

Actually he didn't.  His vote is still in red in his original post.  Whether or not Gamma counts it as a retraction is something we will have to wait and see as there seem to be a couple of people not remembering to green out the other votes..

Edited by Alvron