So, if I'm reading that right, it looks like Araris bought Ostrich's vote. Will you confirm that, Araris?

Wyrm, if someone is Rioted or Bought to vote for the person who is lynched, do they get a share of the lynchee's coins?

They do indeed get that extra coin.

Rab checked the bodies to offer his professional opinion on their health. 'As a certified practitioner, I declare that these three bodies are all holey. See here? You can see right through Dowc.' He finished looting examining the bodies. Unfortunately, their coin pouches were already gone. ' Well, bother that. See this is what happens when you all start shooting things. They weren't lawmen even. Can't find any badges on them. But I suspect at least one of you who shot is. Look here, my revolvers still full of bullets, so wasn't me. Didn't even vote. Now, it seems 6 people shot. Seems there were also 6 people who voted. Now three could be honest voters, and I know one of you was bought off. Would seem to me that two of you wanted someone else dead. Those who fired shots, want to own up to it? Also, I don't suppose any of you would be tineye's who happened to catch who shot Piffington or Is Axe??'

Edited by Haelbarde

I didn't actually get any Coins from Dowanx's body. Since 5 of us voted for him I assume that meant he had only 4 coins?

Now then. Why did the spiked Lawmen kill Pifferdoo? Well, what has Pifferdoo done? Nothing in thread. All he did was vote winter since winter was evil in LG11, Winter was a bit annoyed at that, but Winter does tend to get annoyed at meta gaming and people playing unfairly.

Emerald voted for Haelbarde because Haelbarde voted for pifferdoo, So maybe the Spiked Lawmen thought Emerald knew something important about piff? Except there's no way they could have known anything about piff.

However, I'm inclined to think that Haelbarde is innocent, simply because he voted for the person killed by the Lawmen. I don't think emerald is spiked Lawmen either.

TL;DR I'm inclined to trust Winter and Haelbarde.

EDIT: Just realized, Whoever had the smoking gun, don't reveal yourself!  you should have between 8 and twelve coins, so if mailliw is right about the Lurcher being a lawman, then you're a prime target now.

Edited by The Only Joe

TL;DR I'm inclined to trust Winter and Haelbarde.

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

Just realized, Whoever had the smoking gun, don't reveal yourself! you should have between 8 and twelve coins, so if mailliw is right about the Lurcher being a lawman, then you're a prime target now.

This is actually a good point. However, if you have someone you trust (thought that's sorta hard right now, I guess), and could let them know, that could be useful.

A question for all of you. I sorta posed this with my last post (though as roleplay), but there were 6 votes and 6 shots. Can we assume that the 6 shots are from the 6 voters? Because that would imply that one of those to vote is a Lawman. This is why I'd be curious to know who had the smoking gun - it would be interesting to know if the wielder of the smoking gun was among those who voted.

I guess one thing with that was Is Axe? was a voter, but also was shot. So possibly that's just RP fluff rather than being a subtle hint.

I guess the one last question would be, did the tineye (presuming we have a tineye, which I really hope we do) catch either of the two people to kill someone? If you could let someone (or some people know) this would be nice.

• Will PM's sent as part of the new cycle PM, or will they be sent as they come? Presuming the former but wish to be sure.
  • Can you reply to a PM that has been sent anonymously? As in, if I received an anonymous message, could I send you a message to send to however that person is?
Edited by Haelbarde

I didn't actually get any Coins from Dowanx's body. Since 5 of us voted for him I assume that meant he had only 4 coins?

EDIT: Just realized, Whoever had the smoking gun, don't reveal yourself!  you should have between 8 and twelve coins, so if mailliw is right about the Lurcher being a lawman, then you're a prime target now.

That shouldn't happen. He posted and voted. The only type of thing he could've done with coins before the lynch happens is purchase a vote and I highly doubt he would've bought Ostrich's vote only to place it on himself. And actually, there are six of you, but you still all should've gotten a coin. 

8-12? What calculations are you using? And lawmen don't actually have a reason to get many coins. Some, yes, but only to buy votes and send messages. 

Since it apparently wasn't Araris, I'd like to ask who did buy The Doctor's vote. Marl, can I assume from your post that your own vote went unpurchased?

Correct. My vote was not bought.

Ralon watched from the shadows as the others talked and debated.  He had tried to sooth away everyones fear but his brass had run out.  Curse that Warn!  Why couldn't he have gathered more supplies.  Suddenly shots rang out and three of his fellow outlaws collapsed.

Out of the corner of his eye Ralon saw a flicker of movement from behind the fridge.  A strange appliance that somehow kept things cold.  No one was sure where Warn had acquired such a marvel.  Ralon had never seen anything like it before and rumours were rife that it used some form of hemalurgy.

Gingerly moving the large fridge away from the wall Ralon saw a sliding door hidden behind it.  Reaching out to open the door Ralon almost jumped out of his skin when the fridge started clunking and humming.  Snatching his hand back Ralon noticed a glimmer of gold on the floor where the fridge had stood before.  Scooping up the coin Ralon quickly pocketed it and opened the hidden door.

I have nothing to add so I'm just posting some RP while I have the time to show that I am active. (Sort of)

So, I'm thinking that at least one of Feligon, The Only Joe, Clanky, and Wonko the Sane is an eliminator, and that one (probably different to the first) had the smoking gun.

Reason - 6 votes on Dowanax, 6 shots rang out. The write up said one sailed over the crowd (thinking it could be Ostriches or phattemers), and then 3 hit Dowanax. Now, the next recorded death was Lord Pifferdoo, victim to one of the 6 bullets shot. Lord Pifferdoo we are assuming is the victim of the Eliminator Kill. There's a few reasons. Order of actions has Lynch > Lawman Kill > Smoking Gun. So we'd expect the 2nd death recorded to be the Lawman Kill. Secondly, the suggestion was made by Mailliw73 that whoever has the smoking gun should target whoever had the 2nd most votes, which was phattemer in this case. We notice that phattemer was the third person to die, which is where we'd expect the smoking gun kill to occur.

So, to me, this suggests that our killer was one of the 6 votes of dowanx. Ostriches vote was bought, and so was different to a standard vote. This would seem to match up best with the missed shot. 3 votes were normal, and the voters didn't necessarily have any other goals, so Dowanx received 3 shots. Seeing the other voters were shooting, I am then thinking that the Lawman carrying out the Lawmen Kill action then took the opportunity to knock of Pifferdoo, and the Smoking Gun was shot at phattemer, because it needed to.

As phattemer is dead (and was a villager), and because Ostriches vote was bought and presumably the vote to miss, there are 4 suspects:

• Feligon
  • The Only Joe
  • Clanky
  • Wonko

I've not yet decided how much I trust any of you yet. The Only Joe has been saying things that make sense to me, but doesn't clear him. He says he trust me, but that could be a ploy. It also might not. Not sure yet. Feligon has just been confusing. Wonko has also been involved in the discussion, and said some thing which make sense to me. The first post in this thread would imply that he wasn't the smoking gun wielder. I'm inclined to believe him, and presume he's a villager for the time being. Thinking Joe might have had the smoking gun, though he implies he doesn't. Clanky has said stuff, but not lots of stuff, and not much in the way of strategy. To my mind, he's in that nice area where he's active, but sorta under the radar.

So at the moment, I'm the most suspicious of Clanky. But for the record, this is a poke vote. I want peoples opinion on whether the write up is entirely fluff, or if Wyrmhero is likely to include relevant information in the writeups. I also want peoples opinion on what my thoughts, and I would like to hear from Clanky. If the prevailing opinion is writeups are all fluff, or I missed some of Clankys posts, then I'll most probably remove my vote.

Ultimately, discussion is a good thing, and so this is to promote discussion.

So, I'm thinking that at least one of Feligon, The Only Joe, Clanky, and Wonko the Sane is an eliminator, and that one (probably different to the first) had the smoking gun.

Secondly, the suggestion was made by Mailliw73* that whoever has the smoking gun should target whoever had the 2nd most votes, which was phattemer in this case.  

I want peoples opinion on whether the write up is entirely fluff, or if Wyrmhero is likely to include relevant information in the writeups. I also want peoples opinion on what my thoughts, and I would like to hear from Clanky. If the prevailing opinion is writeups are all fluff, or I missed some of Clankys posts, then I'll most probably remove my vote.

Ultimately, discussion is a good thing, and so this is to promote discussion.

I agree with your suspects, because that's also what makes sense to me. Feligon would be my top suspect, but I'm not positive on anything.

That was actually Joe's suggestion, not mine.

Why not ask? Wyrm, will there be hints in the writeup as to the murderers or is it just for the RP?

Well as for the write-up I had always thought they were just for fun and didn't actually show any hints. In the opening post thing Wyrm said"No distinction will be made between the type of Kill Action in either writeup or Tineye detection." but that doesn't mean that their can't be other types of hints in the write-ups. So I am not sure about that.

As for me not posting any strategy well it's because I frankly don't have anything to contribute. I can only think of catching the lawmen by seeing what people post and how the votes go. 

Well as for the write-up I had always thought they were just for fun and didn't actually show any hints. In the opening post thing Wyrm said"No distinction will be made between the type of Kill Action in either writeup or Tineye detection." but that doesn't mean that their can't be other types of hints in the write-ups. So I am not sure about that.

As for me not posting any strategy well it's because I frankly don't have anything to contribute. I can only think of catching the lawmen by seeing what people post and how the votes go. 

It depends on the GM. Some have subtle clues, and some don't.

The trouble is, Clanky, that, as others have remarked, we don't have a lot of time. This game is going to be over in a flash, and the longer we wait, the more advantage we give to the Lawmen. I think we need to start reaching some conclusions by next cycle, if not this one.

That is true. Still, the order seems to fit the order of actions, and it matches what I think we'd expect the cause of the 2nd two kills to be. So, not sure.

It depends on the GM. Some have subtle clues, and some don't.

I can probably go look at it, but some of you've been here for awhile and played in Long Game 7 - did Wrym put hints in the write ups when he GM'd that game?

That is fair enough. The reason for picking on you was mostly a gut feeling, as in, you felt most suspicious to me, and felt like you were in sorta a nice place to be if you were an eliminator, given analysis stuff I've read from some of the other games. Of course, this is my first game playing this type of forum elimination game. I'm, for the most part, going off the stuff I skimmed through from one or two of the older games in this forums. Also thought you'd have a more coherent response than Feligon (I think I've found everything he's said so far this game to be confusing...).

Again, I feel like we didn't get any useful information from the votes, and at this stage, we're still going to be shooting in the dark. I guess we could maybe investigate Pifferdoo, see if there's any reason behind his death.

EDIT: To be clear - I am not dead set on Clanky at this stage. I'm going to keep my vote there for the moment, but I'm equally suspicious of Feligon. And there's probably still at least 2 other eliminators out of the rest of people.

Oh, and re: quickness of the game. I was a tad pessimistic with that. Archivists and Koloss blood might net us another cycle, maybe 2 if we're lucky. But still quick.

Edited by Haelbarde

The trouble is, Clanky, that, as others have remarked, we don't have a lot of time. This game is going to be over in a flash, and the longer we wait, the more advantage we give to the Lawmen. I think we need to start reaching some conclusions by next cycle, if not this one.

I agree with needing to be quick. However I have been having a hard time making conclusions. This is my first QF game so I am used to having more time to figure stuff out. What I have decided though is that I am an innocent criminal and not a stinking lawman. 

Something that I feel hasn't been discussed enough is Araris lying about buying a vote. I'm still not sure why he did that. Was it to avoid getting lurched since people would think he had less money? Was it so people wouldn't vote for him because he might have two votes he could use? Also would he even have told us he lied about it if he hadn't been asked?

Also Haelbaerde I'm surprised this is your first time playing a game like this. I would have thought you were experienced from what you've done so far.

Something that I feel hasn't been discussed enough is Araris lying about buying a vote. I'm still not sure why he did that. Was it to avoid getting lurched since people would think he had less money? Was it so people wouldn't vote for him because he might have two votes he could use? Also would he even have told us he lied about it if he hadn't been asked?

+1 for lets discuss that. My brain needs to stop analyzing things for the moment, plus I got a small talk to write. But we've got 2 days before rollover, so there'll be time for that later/tomorrow.

Also Haelbaerde I'm surprised this is your first time playing a game like this. I would have thought you were experienced from what you've done so far.

Thanks! I just think a lot... :ph34r: And I've sorta obsessed over this game. And LG11. For the last week. I'm sorta like 'TheselooklikesomuchfunIwannaplayandhaveallthediscussions!' I have also been worrying that I might have talked a little too much and that the Lawmen might coming knocking at the end of this cycle...

It is a great game. I have an exam in less than 12 hours but I spent all day playing and will probably fail tomorrow. The thing is I'm not even sure I made the wrong choice.

EDIT Colour

Edited by Clanky

Good luck with your exam. Hope you don't fail. Gonna feel bad if it's on account of me luring you back by quoting your posts and putting you on the spot.

(Edited to blue, cos off topic)

Edited by Haelbarde

Nope I am staying on until the write-up for LG11 is up. So if you hadn't called me out I would just be sitting at the homepage refreshing the screen every few minutes.

EDIT: Colour

Edited by Clanky

A few things:

First, I put my vote up for auction to see where the Lawmen would try to sway it. It didn't happen to me or Ostrich, even though Araris said he was bidding for one. Even if there was a tie in the bids, someone would've gotten it.

Three deaths of those with roles. That isn't good. I don't know if this is Role Madness, but that's a lot to lose on the first day regardless. We need to be careful.

Last, two coins were lurched away from me. It's possible that that was Dow's doing. If anyone else has been Lurched, I'd like to know so that we can estimate how many Lurchers and, therefore, stolen coins the Lawmen have.

It's a game of lies and deceit. did you really expect people do tell the truth about what actions they were going to take?

Second, it's not role madness.

Last, did Wyrm tell you that it was a lawman who stole your coins, or is that just your assumption since a Scoundrel Lurcher died?

I was joking! I mean, my head was on the chopping block... Better to not spend coins and pretend I did.

Edit: I didn't bid for anything

If you're going to pretend to do something like that, make sure you can't get caught in not doing it. And honestly, that reminds me of what I did with my breath in LG4. Where I pretended to give my breath away so that the pahn kahl wouldn't steal it, except I was Pahn Kahl. Other than Meta, I've never seen another villager pull off that stunt.

Reason - 6 votes on Dowanax, 6 shots rang out. The write up said one sailed over the crowd (thinking it could be Ostriches or phattemers), and then 3 hit Dowanax. Now, the next recorded death was Lord Pifferdoo, victim to one of the 6 bullets shot. Lord Pifferdoo we are assuming is the victim of the Eliminator Kill. There's a few reasons. Order of actions has Lynch > Lawman Kill > Smoking Gun. So we'd expect the 2nd death recorded to be the Lawman Kill. Secondly, the suggestion was made by Mailliw73 that whoever has the smoking gun should target whoever had the 2nd most votes, which was phattemer in this case. We notice that phattemer was the third person to die, which is where we'd expect the smoking gun kill to occur.

So, to me, this suggests that our killer was one of the 6 votes of dowanx. Ostriches vote was bought, and so was different to a standard vote. This would seem to match up best with the missed shot. 3 votes were normal, and the voters didn't necessarily have any other goals, so Dowanx received 3 shots. Seeing the other voters were shooting, I am then thinking that the Lawman carrying out the Lawmen Kill action then took the opportunity to knock of Pifferdoo, and the Smoking Gun was shot at phattemer, because it needed to.

If it was one bullet per shot, wouldn't Dow have just been shot 6 times?

Why not ask? Wyrm, will there be hints in the writeup as to the murderers or is it just for the RP?

I think in the past Wyrm didn't hint at things in the writeup.

According to the tags, Gamma's behind the fridge.

I think I'm going to have nightmares now.

Tags are pretty amazing. I'm going to vote fort Wyrm since obviously only a lawman would create a situation like this where all of us respectable gentlemen would be at each other's throats so willingly.

Thank you so much for the helpful discussion Araris and Panda. What would we do without your help.  <_<

Edited by The Only Joe

I do not post hints in the writeup as to who killed whom. The sixth shot was always meant to be Dowc's failed attempt at retaliation. There was no significance as to the fact that he was hit by three bullets.

Edited by Wyrmhero