Long Game 78: The Legend of Zelda: The False Heroes

Biplet

3 hours ago, WhiffleWaffles said:

What are your reads on those mentioned people besides Drake's latch-ditch effort/purposeful funny joke analysis?

Archer, Devotary, Szeth, Jondesu, Alvron, and Tani. 
Archer - Archer came up with the whole frog/durian plan to id Link and Zelda. It was a good plan, but flawed. Archer took others' criticisms and concerns seriously, and didn't try to defend the plan. This makes me lean Village
Devotary - I don't have much of a read at all on them, but I have a gut village read in my notes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Szeth - Village read, because of tension w Illwei, confirmed elim
Jondesu - Not much of a read, but indirectly asked for role scan results a couple nights ago. That plus a gut read makes me lean elim
Alvron - not much of a read, again. This one's mostly due to inactivity, tho. 
Tani - reading elim.

I think if Tani legitimately is Link then the Elims know that already and will kill them off tonight. If Tani is not Link, the elims won't bother, and Tani is either a scapegoat distraction or an elim. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it, at the rollover when the game is either over or it's not

1 minute ago, attic_gremlin said:

I think if Tani legitimately is Link then the Elims know that already and will kill them off tonight. If Tani is not Link, the elims won't bother, and Tani is either a scapegoat distraction or an elim. But we can cross that bridge when we come to it, at the rollover when the game is either over or it's not

I think a lot of people are starting to sus Tani and I can see why, and I agree. Drake voted on Tani when Tani voted for themselves. That feels like something that's just been done to tease villagers. Otherwise, why would Link Tani do this to themselves besides misdirect? :think: I'm thinking Szeth is leaning village for me. 

Tani also retracted their vote and did not want to be apart of it, whereas a Link would likely kept their vote. (I think? I'm probably overthinking this.) Drake also voted for Szeth at one point but that doesn't really mean anything since Drake also pointed out about e!King Rhoam, and the fact that Drake knew they were gonna be gone so it could've been a thing to put us off course? 

ALSO to answer your question from earlier Attic, here's the vote polls so far:

N1

Pyro (4): Kas, illwei, Szeth_Pancakes, Stick
Kas (1): Steel
TUO (1): TJ
Steel (1): Drake
Araris (1): Matrim's Dice
Archer (1): purple
TJ (1): Araris
Ash (1): Archer

N2

Stick (4): Ashbringer, Steeldancer, purplewhiteandgold, Tani
Drake (4): Matrim's Dice, Archer, Devotary, TJ
Szeth_Pancakes (2): DrakeMarshall, WhiffleWaffles
Ashbringer (1): Araris Valerian
Steeldancer (1): Jondesu
TJ (1): Stick
Tani (1): Alvron

N3

TUO (11): Ashbringer, Archer, Dannex, Szeth_Pancakes, Devotary, Random Bystander, WhiffleWaffles, attic_gremlin, YeetAroundABush, purplewhiteandgold, quillinthestars
DrakeMarshall (2): Steeldancer, TJ
Tani (2): DrakeMarshall, Tani

N4

DrakeMarshall (10): Ashbringer, Azmine_king, Archer, Szeth_Pancakes, Steeldancer, Devotary of Spontaneity, Jondesu, attic_gremlin, YeetAroundABush, purplewhiteandgold
Szeth_Pancakes (1): DrakeMarshall

Honestly this is likely going to either be our last night or we'll somehow make it through to the next day with Link still alive.

I had a pm opened with dannex on D3 when they were looking for information, I had nothing to pass along. That was the only one I’ve been put in, I’ve refrained from asking for any because I don’t have any information and I don’t want to use up a pm when other people could use them much more efficiently.

3 hours ago, Tani said:

@StrikerEZ is white text even allowed?

White text is indeed allowed.

@Ashbringer @Azmine_king @Archer @Szeth_Pancakes @Steeldancer@kaylakrue @Devotary of Spontaneity @Jondesu @Alvron @Random Bystander @WhiffleWaffles @attic_gremlin @YeetAroundABush @purplewhiteandgold @Tani @quillinthestars Here is your ~7.5 hour reminder to get any actions in before the turn closes!

Also, shoot, forgot to do this earlier. @Random Bystander if you don’t post this turn, you’ll be removed or replaced (more likely removed).

Savia was growing very, very afraid. There were a lot less people in the castle than there had been just a few days ago. And not because anyone got to leave the castle. She was growing increasingly certain that something would happen to her. But that wouldn't stop her from walking around the castle at night. She wanted to be able to help if someone needed it, or at the very least be able to get someone to help.

And it seemed like she would have her chance for that tonight.

She heard the sounds of blades clashing come from down the hall. She quietly ran towards the sound, and then peeked her head around the corner. There was a Yiga soldier fighting Linkov, that silly elf that wouldn't stop shouting his name. And...Essen? Shen? Eshe. The lady that didn't talk much. Savia thought she was just another bystander to all of these events, and yet she was holding her own almost as much as Linkov was.

Savia couldn't help but watch as the three people fought. Linkov and Eshe were surprisingly good. Savia wouldn't have expected that out of them, but, well, she had learned recently that she wasn't very good at having realistic expectations. 

Everything changed once the Yiga scored a hit on Eshe. The Yiga's sword went straight through her stomach. Savia barely held in a gasp. But...what?

Goddess Hylia, Savia thought. What is she?

Eshe should've fallen dead to the ground after the Yiga stabbed her straight through, but she was still standing. And not only that, her form was...changing, and she didn't even look human anymore. Something slithered off the bones of the body, and squeezed it's way through a hole in the way. No one moved for a moment as they processed what had just happened.

The Yiga was the first to start thinking again. He drove his sword through Linkov's chest while he was distracted, and then began to run away as Linkov died on the floor. Savia was once again reminded of why she was in the halls of Hyrule Castle. She left to find someone to help, maybe see if Linkov was still alive. 

The light of the sun rising shone through the windows of the hallway, the form of Goddess Hylia herself becoming bathed in golden light in front of two dead bodies.

char(68)char(79)char(85)char(66)char(76)char(69)   char(68)char(69)char(65)char(84)char(72)

Archer has been killed! They were a Hyrulean Sheikah!
Random Bystander has been removed by the inactivity filter! They were a Hyrulean!

There will be a removal during this Day turn. There is no vote minimum (though no one is removed if no one votes), and tied votes result in a random tied player getting removed.

@kaylakrue This is an inactivity filter warning. If you do not post this turn, you will be removed from the game or replaced by a pinch hitter.

This turn will end at 9:30 am CDT on Tuesday, July 6th.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. Matrim's Dice Hyrulean Mipha
  2. Kasimir Hyrulean Beedle
  3. The Unknown Order - Hyrulean
  4. @Ashbringer - Faleast and AraRaash, who will certainly find a way to keep each other busy while stuck in a strange dimension.
  5. @Azmine_king
  6. Archer Hyrulean Sheikah
  7. Dannex - Hyrulean Sheikah
  8. @Szeth_Pancakes - Earl, a knight(?)
  9. @Steeldancer - Linebeck, swindler, salesman, local hero
  10. Araris Valerian Yiga King Rhoam
  11. @kaylakrue
  12. |TJ| - Princess Zelda
  13. @Devotary of Spontaneity - Kele, ex-Yiga, a bit confused but has the spirit
  14. _Stick_ - Hyrulean
  15. Illwei Master Kohga
  16. @Jondesu - Cimu
  17. @Alvron - Jamut Whitemane, no idea what's going on
  18. DrakeMarshall Yiga Postman
  19. The Young Pyromancer - Hyrulean Knight
  20. Random Bystander Hyrulean
  21. @WhiffleWaffles - Sagessa, she's pretty cool
  22. @attic_gremlin - Horatio Archibald Stibbons, Hyrule Castle's elusive, mustachioed butler
  23. @YeetAroundABush - Nott Yigah, from the esteemed and most noble house of Yigah
  24. @purplewhiteandgold - Vee, a maid at the castle and a bit new to all this
  25. @Tani - Reva
  26. @quillinthestars - Conepine, he's... he's just a pinecone cat

PMs will be sent out shortly, if they haven't been already.

Huh, we did have another Sheikah. Guess Archer simply didn’t have anything worth revealing, which makes sense since there were no other roles that conclusively outed any Yigas, but I do hope he had a trusted PM connection to pass info to, if that was possible.

Tani is my highest suspicion for reasons others have mentioned. I could easily be swayed at this point, but I don’t see any reason to hold back right now either.

So, now we get to decide on Tani. Obviously, Drake's claim of Link!Tani was a lie. But the question is, was Drake trying to protect an elim teammate, or get us to waste a cycle by voting off a random villager? The former seems more productive, and therefore more likely, so: Tani. But, I'm willing to hear out arguments to the contrary.

9 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Archer has been killed! They were a Hyrulean Sheikah!
Random Bystander has been removed by the inactivity filter! They were a Hyrulean!

Dang it. :( I know that Archer apparently had nothing of importance to share with us (at least in a way that was safe), but it still sucks to lose another Hyrulean Sheikah! I hope they were in contact with someone that they could trust in a PM. I'm glad Random Bystander was just a vanilla role, that's some relief.

Now that we know Dannex and Archer were both Hyrulean Sheikah it gives me hope that there's still another Hyrulean Knight out there! Pyro was killed off from a vote count on N1 and was a Hyrulean Knight.

Those who voted for Pyro were Kas, Illwei, Szeth, and Stick. Of course Kas was confirmed Hyrulean Beedle, Illwei as Kohga, and Stick as Hyrulean so that's just something that I think was more of an RNG since I don't have a read on Szeth really...

5 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

Can everyone who claimed to have a Drake PM say what turn it was made in?

I'd also like to have confirmation of this again... We know that Tani and Szeth had connection of a PM and that Drake was the one who opened it, as Tani has confirmed to us last. There's still a chance that it's e/e just to mess with us, or that it was a v/e setup to get valuable information for the Yiga.

I think we should consider who Drake has voted for in the past few games. Of course it could just be a random vote since a lot of those votes were basically determined when it was compared to 10 over 2 votes. (Example: when Tani and Drake voted for Tani.)

I have some read-over notes I made and I'll share those if anyone's interested, but it's likely to sound more like a dumb detective who's trying to make sense of nothingness. I'd like to think the information I saved is valuable somehow, at least...but idk. It might clue on to something???

Also would anyone be willing to share their reads on the remaining players and what made them conclude this? I know Attic read the people mentioned in Drake's post.

5 hours ago, attic_gremlin said:

So, now we get to decide on Tani. Obviously, Drake's claim of Link!Tani was a lie. But the question is, was Drake trying to protect an elim teammate, or get us to waste a cycle by voting off a random villager? The former seems more productive, and therefore more likely, so: Tani. But, I'm willing to hear out arguments to the contrary.

Tani did a lot of role claiming in the beginning for Link and Zelda. There was a PM opened by Drake between Tani and Szeth and I'd like to think it was an e/v, and not an e/e but I'm very worried that it's just another trick to throw us off course. Considering Drake voted both for Tani and Szeth at one point, although the VC wouldn't have mattered since a lot of people were hopping onto certain votes.

(sorry forgot to include this in my post)

1 hour ago, WhiffleWaffles said:

Dang it. :( I know that Archer apparently had nothing of importance to share with us (at least in a way that was safe), but it still sucks to lose another Hyrulean Sheikah! I hope they were in contact with someone that they could trust in a PM.

I did have a PM with Archer that was created by someone other than Drake, but apparently he didn't have any scans. I do have his reads list, which was Tani and Purple as leaning elim, Az and Jondesu as village, and Alvron not evil with Tani.

If there's still a Postman out there I'd like to request a PM with Devotary.

2 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

Mine with Tani was made D4.

I may have missed it or forgotten, but which one of you requested the PM? Or was it Drake that set it up randomly. 

5 hours ago, WhiffleWaffles said:

Tani did a lot of role claiming in the beginning for Link and Zelda. There was a PM opened by Drake between Tani and Szeth and I'd like to think it was an e/v, and not an e/e but I'm very worried that it's just another trick to throw us off course.

what's your conclusion on the roleclaiming? and if the PM was e/v, what's your read one who is e and who is v? 

Steeldancer, in the MR, was silly until the first mishap. I think he's vil.

Tani, in the LR, was silly until the first mishap. If I weren't her, I'd still think she's vil.

I'm too scared and serious to play around when I have responsibility. (when I'm elim or have a real role.)

@Steeldancer confirmation? backup?

Edited by Tani
formatting

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Tani, in the LR, was silly until the first mishap. If I weren't her, I'd still think she's vil.

I'm too scared and serious to play around when I have responsibility. (when I'm elim or have a real role.)

The thing is, I remember TJ’s MR where you were quite a silly Elim until it came down to the wire.

That didn’t get us to change our mind, either.

You have anyone else to go for? I have a few other ideas, but you don’t seem to be offering any.

22 hours ago, attic_gremlin said:

Honestly, I agree. Claiming Link as someone in a last ditch attempt to protect them sounds in character, from what I've seen of Drake. 

3 hours ago, Ashbringer said:

The thing is, I remember TJ’s MR where you were quite a silly Elim until it came down to the wire.

That didn’t get us to change our mind, either.

You have anyone else to go for? I have a few other ideas, but you don’t seem to be offering any.

Okay sure. Kill me. It's better than misexeing someone more important like Link. Tani.

Edit: Sorry. I'll say something nicer and less upset instead. And not sabotage my own team.

I... actually forgot that MR. Was that the thing with the That was the one with the three teams. Yeah, I wasn't feeling much responsibility that game. There wasn't an elim doc and I was an elim. (For some reason I feel like I'm rarely elim IRL.)

I meant in general. That MR is definitely an exception.

Edited by Tani

6 hours ago, Tani said:

Steeldancer, in the MR, was silly until the first mishap. I think he's vil.

@Steeldancer confirmation? backup?

I'll back you up on your point, but I tend to not trust anyone too much on their playstyles, because from my experience playstyles can fluctuate wildly.

For example, given my limited time, I've been focusing more on the MR where I found a fun niche. That leads to two wildly different playstyles. 

In the interest of spiking my interest in this game again, would a postman be able to make me a PM with someone? Don't really care who. I kind of lost investment in the game after Matrim died and I lost my PM with him. 

Since you're (edit1: probably) going to kill me anyway, would you like me to roleclaim? Edit1: Or would you rather I don't? Edit4: And can I hear from lots of peeps about this?

Edit2: Also, do you care what I do with my vote?

Edit3: @StrikerEZ @Biplet Do you count crossed out votes?

Edited by Tani