Also, I just want to say thanks to @Biplet for keeping me sane while I was running this, even though she was playing this and I made her wake up at 8 am everyday to be on for rollover. Plus she dealt with me having to do this while we were on our little anniversary trip a few days ago. And she put up with the stress that me cursing her as an elim put on her really well. She also made a lot of really funny memes both in thread and in the doc, so that was really fun to watch as well. :P

Anyway, I wouldn't be here without her, so just a huge thanks to her. Love you Bip. 

EDIT: Also also, she definitely called and woke me up ten minutes before rollover at one point because I accidentally slept in, so yeah, huge thanks for that as well. :P

Edited by StrikerEZ

Wait wait wait what

I was sure the game could not end today lol

Why the Kandra kill no hit an eliminator

Come the worst I planned I’d still have two actions and the wherewithal to possibly both sieze control of an elim vote manip and deploy my own vote manip

Well, this is awkward :P @Archer I’m sorry I did not use an item last turn which was a mistake but I did not expect this whoops

Time to read through what looks like an excellent finale writeup though so yay

And probably also some very interesting docs to read through :)

Good game all man that last cycle was on such a knife’s edge

2 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Wait wait wait what

I was sure the game could not end today lol

Well, it was 3-2-1 for N5. One villager died because Bip double tapped Dannex with the elim kill and the last coinshot kill she had from the medallion. Mat was trying to be the last one to submit the elim kill so he could hit Ash with it and prolong the game, but Bip got the last submission in. So with that, it went to 2-2-1. Keep in mind that the Kandra doesn't count towards parity. So at this point, since both you and Bip bought a Bribe last night, the votes would've been 1-1, ignoring the Kandra since they don't count to parity. Which means the elims won. Even if you'd tried to redirect someone, it would've been randomly redirected since Mat was Sliding you. :P

I really liked the incentives, but in the end, a couple boxings wasn't enough for me to try to find two hundreds words of game discussion most of the time. The kandra seemed adequately powerful, but its kill never really came into play unfortunately. Conversion roles are always fun and the mechanics with the elims were even better than normal. The Gasper role was fun and hard to work with and around (mostly around though). 

I'm once again annoyed that I was exed for the same thing I'm always exed for. At this point I'm not surprised by it though. I wasn't active after I posted my defense. 

Thanks to @StrikerEZ and @Young Bard for GMing.

3 minutes ago, Biplet said:

Because I beat Mat to it. My kill submission went in at 8:59:59 XD

This caused some trouble behind the scenes, actually. Me, being a backwater Aussie, must have a couple extra seconds of latency - I refreshed the Shard at exactly midnight, and didn’t see your second message. :P But fortunately Striker saw it before midnight and the server time on your post had 11:59, so you managed to squeak in at literally the last possible moment.

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

I really liked the incentives, but in the end, a couple boxings wasn't enough for me to try to find two hundreds words of game discussion most of the time.

I've been thinking about changing the amount of words required in order to get the discussion boxings. It seems like the current crop of players has a tendency to do shorter posts and stuff, so I think artificially trying to get them to post more doesn't really work. I think I'll keep the RP word count where it is, and move the discussion one to anywhere from 100-150 or so. And if I changed that, the Gasper role would change along with it as well. Or I could make the discussion boxings reward be 2 per post, but I worry about how that would affect the rate at which people acquired boxings.

10 minutes ago, The Unknown Order said:

The kandra seemed adequately powerful, but its kill never really came into play unfortunately.

What do you mean they never really came into play? Araris was the Kandra and all of those "coinshot" kills were actually him. :P

Edited by StrikerEZ

5 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

I've been thinking about changing the amount of words required in order to get the discussion boxings. It seems like the current crop of players has a tendency to do shorter posts and stuff, so I think artificially trying to get them to post more doesn't really work. I think I'll keep the RP word count where it is, and move the discussion one to anywhere from 100-150 or so. And if I changed that, the Gasper role would change along with it as well. Or I could make the discussion boxings reward be 2 per post, but I worry about how that would affect the rate at which people acquired boxings.

One hundred was what I was thinking. Adjusting the Gasper ferring would be weird. If you make the Gasper lower than the RP, then you eliminate part of their income, if you keep it where it is, it doesn't really matter, leaves more space for short roleplays with other people.

Somethings that could be done for the discussion boxings is one boxing for every hundred words of discussion maxing out at 2 boxings. 

10 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

What do you mean they never really came into play? Araris was the Kandra and all of those "coinshot" kills were actually him. :P

Three out of four, I guess. My attention just never got drawn to it.

13 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Well, it was 3-2-1 for N5. One villager died because Bip double tapped Dannex with the elim kill and the last coinshot kill she had from the medallion. Mat was trying to be the last one to submit the elim kill so he could hit Ash with it and prolong the game, but Bip got the last submission in. So with that, it went to 2-2-1. Keep in mind that the Kandra doesn't count towards parity. So at this point, since both you and Bip bought a Bribe last night, the votes would've been 1-1, ignoring the Kandra since they don't count to parity. Which means the elims won. Even if you'd tried to redirect someone, it would've been randomly redirected since Mat was Sliding you. :P

Oh rip the elims had more moneys than I thought I didnt think any of them could have afforded a bribe

Welp I guess its a comfort of a sort that a redirect during the night probably would not have worked anyway

Anyways I’m only on my phone so not many words to say yet but for now

Elims you played excellently kept us running in circles a lot we never even exed one of you

Ash the skimmer thing really threw me off lol

Bip i did not see it coming you sneaky IKYK master

Matrim your ability to survive against all odds is both impressive and annoying to deal with :P smh you werent even the thug

My village friends, we fought well. It was surprisingly close. Sorry I screwed up the D4 vote

Striker and Bard, man this game is complicated and thank you even just for reading all of my ridiculous monologues in the gm pms when you probably has a thousand better things to be doing. I remember LG66 fondly and this one was definitely a worthy successor

11 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Striker and Bard, man this game is complicated and thank you even just for reading all of my ridiculous monologues in the gm pms when you probably has a thousand better things to be doing. I remember LG66 fondly and this one was definitely a worthy successor

No, don't be sorry about the monologues at all. I love reading people's GM PMs. It's really really fun, and definitely a reason that I like running games. I highly encourage more people to do monologues and stuff in their GM PMs. It's fun seeing what's going on inside our players' heads. :P

Also, I'm really glad that you're fond of LG66 and that you felt this one lived up to the hype as well. :)

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Anyway, I wouldn't be here without her, so just a huge thanks to her. Love you Bip

Okay for real now:

Love you too! You're welcome for calling you to wake you up and also for letting you use my desk to do rollover shenanigans while I was prevented from accessing half my room in order to avoid knowing the outcome XD

1 minute ago, Biplet said:

I think that's the point. It's the consequence of storing

As it is, the Gasper can get just as many boxings as everyone else. I would, I was a Gasper and still got RP and discussion boxings. The consequence of storing is limited communication and high detectabiluty. 

Whoo, looks like a lot happened when I was inactive. I got exed, and then the elims won. Plus, for the record, I was scuddin' right, you guys. Mat was an elim. I storming knew it. Merciful Domi. Also, just for the record, this is two out of three times my weird gut reads have been right. First Quinn in LG76, and now this! Never mind Illwei in MR50. That wasn't a gut read; it had evidence.

2 hours ago, Biplet said:

Huge thank you to my teammates, I had a blast playing with y'all, even if you were a traitor Mat. And hey Lotus, we lived to the end for you!

Psh a traitor only in name :P 

2 hours ago, Biplet said:

Me, about to submit a coinshot kill on Mat:

wait actually

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Because I did an oopsie >>

WHICH I should probably explain. Cause I figured out why the heck I used the elim kill instead of the kandra kill, and I have a half-adequate reason :P.

So, once I was converted I figured out that I needed a misexe, one of each alignment killed, another misexe, one of each alignment killed. And that would be 0-0-1 and my win. Looking at the roles and the lack of a Thug I'm fairly certain that could have worked, making this worse, especially since Drake apparently didn't Blackmail me to target myself which was the other thing that could go wrong. But anyways.

On D5 when I worked this out, I figured that since Bip had a Coinshot Medallion (How there were 2 kills plus Araris' death N4) she would try to target 2 villagers, and I needed only one to die otherwise the whole thing would be jeapordized. So right then and there midway through D5 I determined I needed to sabotage the elim kill, which in that scenario is actually exactly what I needed to do. But then I managed to convince Bip to double-tap Dannex, not connecting those dots and inadvertently sabotaging my own plan.

If I had used the kandra kill, or if Bip's last-second action hadn't gone through, it would be D6 and Ash would be dead. Which I guess if Bip was gonna exe me anyway there wasn't a whole lot I could do (:P) but if I had convinced her to exe Drake somehow I could have killed her and Archer fairly easily for the win, or maybe she would have beat me to the kill again idk. But it does kind of bug me how... well this could have gone. It always looks that way in retrospect, I feel.

Anyway, it was my own fault and I still had an absolute blast playing, thanks to my wonderful (former) teammates @Biplet (who outsmarted me in the end), @Ashbringer (who shares my title as the only players to be all three alignments in the two runs of this game) and @Lotus (who my predecessor slayed N1) and of course @StrikerEZ and @Young Bard, the dedicated and amazing GMs. Do run this again, and again :D

Edit: And I hope @Araris Valerian forgives me for messing this up after he brilliantly set me up in such a good position. You did well.

Edited by Matrim's Dice

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

wait actually

I WAS VERY VERY CLOSE TO KILLING YOU

2 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Which I guess if Bip was gonna exe me anyway there wasn't a whole lot I could do (:P)

Lol I had that bribe ready to go I was absolutely going to get you exed and claim Kandra in thread and convince the villagers to help me, should you have lived and the game continued.

Just now, Biplet said:

Lol I had that bribe ready to go I was absolutely going to get you exed and claim Kandra in thread and convince the villagers to help me, should you have lived and the game continued.

Since my plan was to claim Kandra in thread, that would have been interesting :P 

Just now, Matrim's Dice said:

Since my plan was to claim Kandra in thread, that would have been interesting :P 

Would've made people choose sides which could've ended disastrously, but it certainly would be fun!

*Realizes he missed the last hoorah in the Elim doc.*

... oh well.

Personally I wished I could have been more active here - for all the hype I had for RP this game, Faleast and AraRaash didn't... do too much. All I managed to buy was a Blackmail (which I used in the last turn to bounce whatever Archer did back into his face - that's what you get for being a Smoker and convincing Bip that I was the Kandra :P). And while I managed to have AraRaash change a little detail, I didn't really get a chance to explain what it is. You'll see eventually.

In the meantime... aside from Lotus dying, us Elims got incredibly lucky. Tineye + Investigator down D1, Araris getting outed and subsequently Skid, the tie breaking in favor of our Thug, getting the dangerous roles out quickly (Slider, Connector, Soulbearer, Lurcher), going on a shopping spree and getting a Slider Spike for Mat and a 2-use Coinshot Medallion for Bip (I got a rock), Kandra!Mat (AraMat?) not hijacking the kill, none of you target scanners or role scanners hitting us...

Oh, and Mat, Bip, and I tying each other together like a five-legged race and not getting caught until it was too late.

I nearly used my Blackmail to redirect Bip onto Dannex or onto Archer, in an attempt to "correct" Kandra!Bip's kills or get a double. But I just did Archer->Archer and waited to die.