I hope this is not a shock to you, but that is beyond my predictions. So let me explain.

"So you went back... and changed what you did. Changed us."

"No, not technically," AraRaash said. "Oh, this is nice, we can talk together. But all I did was change the spike. The Blessing. You and I... we're the same. Mostly the same, at the least."

Faleast ran through the past few years. Nothing seemed to have changed, but he hadn't gone back with AraRaash. He wouldn't remember... whatever had happened before AraRaash changed things. Blast, he could have done anything to his past, and he'd have no idea.

"Faleast. I swear, all I did was swap out the spike. Sure, that might butterfly effect something, but it wouldn't be a Divergence."

"Maybe you didn't do anything... but if Lamentation can hide that from us, who knows what he did?"

AraRaash didn't say anything for a while. "He didn't. I just... know he didn't. The PRE still won, we still escaped barely. So now..."

"We just finish what we started," Faleast said. "Fine. But this is going to need a long explanation."

4 hours ago, Dannex said:

HOLD UP

MAT WAS ELIM

3 GAMES IN A ROW

THE HECK

Now now, lets not be hasty. I’m sure Matrim has a perfectly reasonable explanation for last cycle. I’ll have you know Matrim has been an active and contributing player and I think we should really hear them out before jumping to any conclusions we can’t take back, you know?

8 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

two

Yes :D

4 hours ago, Dannex said:

Szeth was my Conf Villager btw.

oof. That would have been nice to know. Hey Dannex, I'd like to know if you bought Blackmail. If Szeth or one of the elims did, it changes my calculations. As such, I’m not entirely sure they will submit kills tonight. Depends how lucky they feel. But don’t bank on that.  

Currently I'm obviously going to blackmail Mat, who definitely correctly surmised that I am a Thug. Actually, I think I'll hit the person whose name is the third-last word before the :D in our PM, Drake. I know I've been referencing our PM to try to mislead the elims with fake info, but this time I actually mean it. If you can't find it, let me know. For example, in the sentence "Bob and Bill are nice :D" the target I'd be referring to would be Bill. Helpfully, every member of the elim team is either mentioned by name in that PM, or their name appears as part of a word, provided you call them Mat and Ash. so good luck guessing who I'm picking, elim doc :P.

The Great Panini, esteemed local patron of the arts, had lost his voice. He'd been gasping too much as people's alignments were revealed. "Time," he rasped hoarsely. "For me to retire. Bagel, create a diversion so we can get out of here."

"What do you want me to do? I can't bite someone again, everyone left scares me."

"That's too subtle anyway. Look, look carefully. I think I recognize one of those bad guys from-"

"Ha! You're right." Bagel began to shout very, very loudly. "HEY EVERYBODY. DID YOU KNOW THAT," Panini coughed, having to clear his voice. "excuse me, GOES TO WEEKLY LIFE DRAWING CLASSES? NONE OF THE MODELS WEAR CLOTHES. GROSSSSSSS."

11 hours ago, Archer said:

Oop, I gave up too early. If it was 2v:3e:1k, I think this game would be over and an elim win. So the kandra must have been converted from the eliminator team.

Are we absolutely sure this is correct? We got a lot of things hanging on this being correct. 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

Hey Dannex, I'd like to know if you bought Blackmail.

Is it a good idea to make this info public? 

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I think I'll hit the person whose name is the third-last word before the :D in our PM, Drake.

I think I’ll take a page out of this book. Archer, if the first word in our incredibly short PM has an “e” in it, I did buy a Blackmail. 

Edited by Dannex

i need to learn my lesson already smh

every other cycle in the game i tried to exe an evil

but that one cycle enough people followed me was a misex and i was the only village voting for it

you dont always think it be like that but it do

hey @Archer not that I would ever do something as meanieface as blackmail myself but in the abstract i suppose i might see my way to suggesting something for you

for the good of the village of course

and that is thinking about secondary targets

maybe the name that comes up after the :D in that same message

or maybe the one after the :ph34r:, the one you sent that is

think about the sort of things we schemed about in our pm maybe

and about consequences

i trust you though do what you want

i would never just make up a bunch of stuff about our pm and send it to confuse the elims that would be silly

36 minutes ago, Dannex said:

I think I’ll take a page out this book. Archer, if the first word in our incredibly short PM has an “e” in it, I did buy a Blackmail. 

dannex we had a pm too i am very very offend

in our pm i asked to know what you said to archer though so it is fine i guess

uhhh the only name that appears in our pm is mat though so we cant really do the same thing as with archer

least not the exact same thing

hypothetically if you are a meanieface with blackmail just do what you want and im sure you can figure something out if you need to communicate it

Edit:

Okay Guys I Have A New Idea Though

Relating To The Fact That Blackmail Is Mean And We Are Not Mean We Are People Who Like Cubes

What If We The Village Do Not Blackmail Anyone

Do You Want To Know Why

Edited by DrakeMarshall
must appease the capitalization gods

Dannex, I read our QF PM by mistake a nearly got the wrong message. But I got it now. You and Drake pick who you're gonna target each. Secretly, of course. 

Drake, I quite like hyphenated words! Tell us why we shouldn't blackmail, besides that it's rood

And kandra, it's not too late to tell us not to blackmail you so you can use both kills to NK the elims and win immediately with the village

Anyways back to our regularly scheduled programming, including correctly capitalized sentences :P

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

Tell us why we shouldn't blackmail, besides that it's rood

So I had a pretty neat analysis post I typed up. Maybe I'll post it next turn or something.

But actually as I typed through said post I changed my mind.

Basically just do the thing you were originally planning to do before I ever made any suggestions. It is a good thing.

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

What If We The Village Do Not Blackmail Anyone

Do you want to lose?

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Do You Want To Know Why

yes, yes I do

27 minutes ago, Archer said:

And kandra, it's not too late to tell us not to blackmail you so you can use both kills to NK the elims and win immediately with the village

I feel like the Kandra, as a former Elim, probably wants their Elim buddies to win, so that’s probably not gonna happen. 

Two days and a night she’d spent in that cell that wasn’t a cell, until they’d ushered her to another room, locking her away with the rest of the council members to decide their fate. And yet, there were still dark corners, shrouded hallways, rooms tucked away behind pillars. Dead bodies on the floor.

And all that time, all that time, those damned council members had only thought about themselves. No thought of protecting others, of doing their duty to their people. Not once had Shara heard a single councilman discuss making lives better in all her years of working for them. It was all economics, how to control the poor, why wages shouldn’t be regulated. Lies and exploitation. That’s all they ever were.

She’d had enough. Years spent in poverty, climbing her way from the depths of the pit of hunger and homelessness on ladders of bones, scraping together coins to buy books and pave her own education with bricks made of her blood. She’d bled for these council people to make their fancy laws, to eat lavishly while her family and friends starved. They bought their education with money inherited from generations of men who stepped on those beneath them.

She’d had enough.

Earl Euphemie: deceased

Sweeper: deceased

Walker: deceased

Myra: deceased

Illwei: deceased

Zara: deceased

Magrait: deceased

Azmine: deceased

Lumen: deceased

TJ: deceased

Bill Door: deceased

Veren: deceased

Shara’s fists clenched. Years of doing his work. Years of writing his policies, filling his paperwork, writing papers for him to present as his own. Years without being asked where she had come from, years of him not helping those she loved. Years of him ignoring the pain and suffering of others.

Iden: alive

She had had enough. 

14 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I know we have lost majority

Have we?

Village:
Dannex
DrakeMarshall
Archer

Elims:
2 of:
Matrim’s Dice
Biplet
Ashbrunger

Kandra
The Remaining Person (who is likely a soother)

So counting votes, We have 3, Elims have 2, and Kandra has 2.

Edit: wait the Kandra doesn’t keep their original role

so it’s 3v2v1

Edit 2: but then I guess the Kandra is siding with the Elims, so I guess it’s 3v3

Edited by Dannex

Not quoting things because I've had a tiring absence for the past seven hours (but a good one)

1. Of course I have a reasonable explanation for voting Szeth, I said it when I voted! Plus, I can't be an elim for that voted, it clearly was unsynchronized because mine came first. :P 
  2. It's totally sus how Dannex claimed alignment scanner at exlo and then conveniently had scanned the person to die and never said a thing before. Just sayin. :P 
  3. Don't even think for a second those codes are fooling the elims :P
  4. Why would the kandra side with the elims? I mean I guess sure, they were formerly teammates, but... they're not anymore :P.

27 minutes ago, Dannex said:

Have we?

We no longer constitute more than half of players. We still have plurality for the time being, but not majority.

11 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Not quoting things because I've had a tiring absence for the past seven hours (but a good one)

1. Of course I have a reasonable explanation for voting Szeth, I said it when I voted! Plus, I can't be an elim for that voted, it clearly was unsynchronized because mine came first. :P 
  2. It's totally sus how Dannex claimed alignment scanner at exlo and then conveniently had scanned the person to die and never said a thing before. Just sayin. :P 
  3. Don't even think for a second those codes are fooling the elims :P
  4. Why would the kandra side with the elims? I mean I guess sure, they were formerly teammates, but... they're not anymore :P.

You know, that's a very good point. Dannex, what do you have to say for yourself?

I wanted the elims to not be fooled by those codes and planned accordingly so who's getting fooled now :ph34r:

Edited by DrakeMarshall

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

You know, that's a very good point. Dannex, what do you have to say for yourself?

What do I have to say for myself? 

I say that it’s a night cycle.:P