describe a character badly

Regent

• 9 months later...
On 4/19/2021 at 6:21 PM, KenzoBlue said:

Shallan: Young woman who suffers from Alzheimer's develops split personality disorder to protect herself from her Alzheimer's

Not Alzheimer's, it is a psychological memory block caused by traumatic events. Yes I know the descriptions are bad, but this bugs me very much.

Spook: Foreshadowed nickname 'cause I see dead people (well, a dead person)

Shai: conflicted Forger - more stable version of Shallan (I'll become the version of me that can deal with this)

Moash: (Elhokar alive) Revenge > Friendship / (Elhokar Dead) maybe not. . . oh well - in for a chip, in for a broam

Dedelin: (Subconciously) Most families have the one person you still love, they are family after all, but you don't really like. Fortunately I can send mine to die in Hallandren

Sixth: Must not share trapper secrets. "You're doing it wrong, let me help. . . "

On 4/19/2021 at 6:21 PM, KenzoBlue said:

Shallan: Young woman who suffers from Dissociative Amnesia, then develops Dissociative Identity Disorder to protect herself from her recovering amnesia.

10 hours ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

Not Alzheimer's, it is a psychological memory block caused by traumatic events. Yes I know the descriptions are bad, but this bugs me very much.

Concur. So I fixed the quote (the description is accurate though).

Stormfather: Always on the move yet a huge stick in the mud. He was formerly a sort of magical spirit animal for a god, but now he’s also that God’s ghost at the same time. He can manipulate storms, but he usually just let’s them do whatever. 

Szeth:

Can’t seem to face up to the facts. 
Tense and nervous. Can’t relax.

Can’t sleep, Ashyn’s on fire.
Don’t touch him he’s a real live wire.

Psycho Killer, qu’est-ce que c’est?

Better lash, lash, lash, lash away

• 4 weeks later...

Wax: Twinborn companion of one of the most (in)famous lawman shooters in the Roughs. Gets shot a lot.

Wayne: wealthy lawman that formerly was in charge of Weathering, came to Elendel and dispensed justice. Known to go by "Waxillium Ladrian".

Elend: Mistborn hero that kills Inquisitors. Champion for the common Skaa.

Vin: nobility (empress counts, right?) that acquired forbidden books and avoided dancing at balls by reading.

Dalinar: supervisor of scientist ardents, reader of scholarly works, and writer.

Navani: Bondsmith that holds the Coalition of monarchs together. 

Kelsier: an immortal being no longer quite human, came to the Well of Ascension and gained power. Probably now a Mistborn. Uses beggar disguises. Tells stories of a world that no one he talks to could remember.

Hoid: powerful allomancer that very frequently disparages the nobility. Has been to the Pits of Hathsin (probably). Fights to oppose a god that rules over an oppressed people.

22 minutes ago, Duxredux said:

Wax: Twinborn companion of one of the most (in)famous lawman shooters in the Roughs. Gets shot a lot.

Wayne: wealthy lawman that formerly was in charge of Weathering, came to Elendel and dispensed justice. Known to go by "Waxillium Ladrian".

Vin: nobility (empress counts, right?) that acquired forbidden books and avoided dancing at balls by reading.

Dalinar: supervisor of scientist ardents, reader of scholarly works, and writer.

Kelsier: an immortal being no longer quite human, came to the Well of Ascension and gained power. Probably now a Mistborn. Uses beggar disguises. Tells stories of a world that no one he talks to could remember.

Hoid: powerful allomancer that very frequently disparages the nobility. Has been to the Pits of Hathsin (probably). Fights to oppose a god that rules over an oppressed people.

you mixed them up on purpose, right?

10 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

you mixed them up on purpose, right?

They're not mixed up. They're all entirely accurate the way they are.

Though they could also be accurate for other people in that list too...

2 hours ago, The Unknown Novel said:

I don't think Wax and Wayne technically are, but the rest I agree with. 

Well... explaining jokes usually kills them, but here goes.

Wax is Wayne's companion and Wayne as we know is specifically known to be bad with guns. Didn't say he was a good shooter, just famous. He had been shot 7 times by AoL. 

Wayne is immensely wealthy after the Vanisher case, and Wax left him in charge at Weathering when he left for Elendel, Wayne just didn't stay long. Wayne came to Elendel to recruit Wax, and in BoM he impersonated Wax to get a free gondola ride when going to visit Ranette.

Kal - man with depression continually convinces unskilled friends to die in suicide missions knowing that he himself is not at risk. 

Navani - Most privileged woman on Roshar trades information on weapons of mass destruction because she feels sad sometimes. 

Dalinar - A war criminal reads a book on being nicer to people and is then decreed "best person' by God 

Edited by teknopathetic

• 2 weeks later...

Captain Goradel - a traitor, ostracized by his own, a pawn of the gods, tried to kill a member of Kelsier's crew, ultimately was a hero that helped save the world.

TenSoon - a traitor, ostracized by his own, a pawn of the gods, tried to kill a member of Kelsier's crew, ultimately was a hero that helped save the world.

Marsh - a traitor, ostracized by his own, a pawn of the gods, tried to kill a member of Kelsier's crew, ultimately was a hero that helped save the world.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 9:12 AM, Duxredux said:

This is so clever! Nice :lol: lol

elend: noble turned king turned husband turned noble turned adventurer turned friend killer turned emperor turned mistborn turned war chief turned goofy emperor turned martyr

vin: Mary Sue but with personality and trust issues 

hoid: gotta collect them all

Kaladin: is a bad surgeon, but not for lack of skill. Is a bad soldier, but not for lack of skill. Is a good psychiatrist despite lack of skill. 

dalinar: most dangerous person alive wants to be his brother 

human: human 

tensoo: follows the past better then his elders 

Navani: scientist that thinks she’s not one. who then pushes a spren to bond 

relain: transformer spy turned ally

Renarin: weird kid who thinks he’s weak so he pulls off accidental badass moments once you think about it

kelsier: psychopath that everyone loves

teft: drug addict finds self love

Sazed: warrior who’s not a warrior, emperor who’s not an emperor, a pushover rebel. And a god made of two

• 1 month later...

Odium- Endless conflict.

Honor- You betrayed my trust, no privileges for you.

Cultivation- grow, grow, grow.

Ruin- Wreck-it Ralph.

Preservation- I never want to grow up.

Endowment- Give said the little stream.

Autonomy- Be a Hermit, It's fun, I promise.

Survival Shard- I don't want to die.

Harmony- I... can't... move.