8 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

I'm good at multiple choice. That's not really a sign of intelligence. I'm just do less visibly dumb things than  a lot of other boys my age, and I hate it when people assume I'm like all the rest of them. I am in some ways, but I do try to be more mindful.

You are more mindful then most of them. You are smarter than you think.

10 hours ago, Being of Cacophony said:

not completely, but unlike others, I am capable of being mature. I just don't do it very often

Everyone is capable of being mature! :P

1 hour ago, That1Cellist said:

1. If I splash someone in pool class, I get yelled at. If a girl splashes someone in pool class, the teacher thinks it's funny and laughs.

2. People assuming I must be stupid somehow (I am, just an abnormal stupid though)

3. Teachers giving more recognition to girls in general, even on standardized tests I did better on. I want people to notice me too. I guess I'm worthless and accomplish nothing, actually

4. The general feeling of biological inferiority. But maybe that's just me.

Yeah, it's annoying when our hard work and accomplishments don't get recognition. Comparing ourselves to others is a very difficult thing to get over, especially when we feel like we need that recognition. You're not worthless, cellist. You've achieved a lot. Try to focus on the things that you can control. You can control how hard you work and how much effort you put into your goals. Even if you don't always get the recognition you deserve, you can still feel good about your efforts.

Also, yeah it's hard when we feel like we're being treated differently based on gender. But we all have our own experiences, and separating the world into groups based on gender isn't very good cause it generalizes people. Kinda the thing you were just complaining about above :P

You're a cool person, Cellist. Don't get distracted by other things

1 hour ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

You are more mindful then most of them. You are smarter than you think.

Yes he is, it is hard to believe that the smartest are the most self critical.

Also to Cellist's list of 4
1. Doesn't happen to me... is it my vaguely feminine hair?
2. You don't dress smartly, sorry just a joke, I don't know why people feel that way about you
3. Ah... I kinda feel that
4. I know that feeling...

Edited by The last Fae in the Woods

2 hours ago, Shining Silhouette said:

Everyone is capable of being mature! :P

that's what they say, but they're wrong.

3 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

1. If I splash someone in pool class, I get yelled at. If a girl splashes someone in pool class, the teacher thinks it's funny and laughs.

2. People assuming I must be stupid somehow (I am, just an abnormal stupid though)

3. Teachers giving more recognition to girls in general, even on standardized tests I did better on. I want people to notice me too. I guess I'm worthless and accomplish nothing, actually

4. The general feeling of biological inferiority. But maybe that's just me.

oh. and this. This sort of thing happens to me so much. Everyone is so afraid of being sexist against girls that they treat guys as worse :P It really is super annoying. But Cellist. You are smart!

5 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

oh. and this. This sort of thing happens to me so much. Everyone is so afraid of being sexist against girls that they treat guys as worse :P It really is super annoying. But Cellist. You are smart!

Yes, sexism is annoying. For all genders.

Cellist, you are a very smart human. I don't really know what to add to that but you are a very smart person

1 minute ago, Shining Silhouette said:

(boldness added)

Sorry, here again once more to point out that generalizations are dangerous :)

sorry, I was talking about a lot of people. I should have been clearer, I know it's not everyone. Just an annoying amount. Thanks for the correction Sihl.

2 minutes ago, Shining Silhouette said:

(boldness added)

Sorry, here again once more to point out that generalizations are dangerous :)

Indeed they are. It's really not fair to define people in huge groups, but our brains have a hard time working other ways.

11 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

I don't know what my opinion is on this. I don't have enough observations to say anything.

8 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

There are pros and cons to literally everything. If a girl isn’t smart, she’s an airhead with nothing to offer the world. If she is smart, she’s a nerd. If she’s athletic, she better be a dancer or cheerleader. If she’s not behaving in class, clearly she has problems going on at home. 

OMIGOSH THIS IS SO TRUE

If you don't wear makeup or do your hair pretty, then you're "on the edge" or poor. If you don't wear short shorts or super short skirts, you're conservative and a disgrace to the younger population. If you don't have a boyfriend, or have never kissed a guy or like ANYTHING, then you are treated like dirt and excluded. Oh, and if you're not following some popular girl around like a mindless sheep, or fawning over the cutest guy, then you're useless and have no purpose.

And yes, if you're wondering - I am the person who doesn't care about makeup, or doing my hair nice, I wear jeans EVERYWHERE, and have no interest in romantic relationships at my age. Stupid society. Fortunately, I have an AWESOME friend group who doesn't care about those things. It's just annoying and saddening to see others treated that way. It makes me want to summon a ShardPole and smack people over the head with it.

8 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

screw it all humans are annoying we should all live with feral cats in the woods

STORMS YES just lemme grab my little wifi router and we'll be good :P 

27 minutes ago, Telrao said:

OMIGOSH THIS IS SO TRUE

If you don't wear makeup or do your hair pretty, then you're "on the edge" or poor. If you don't wear short shorts or super short skirts, you're conservative and a disgrace to the younger population. If you don't have a boyfriend, or have never kissed a guy or like ANYTHING, then you are treated like dirt and excluded. Oh, and if you're not following some popular girl around like a mindless sheep, or fawning over the cutest guy, then you're useless and have no purpose.

And yes, if you're wondering - I am the person who doesn't care about makeup, or doing my hair nice, I wear jeans EVERYWHERE, and have no interest in romantic relationships at my age. Stupid society. Fortunately, I have an AWESOME friend group who doesn't care about those things. It's just annoying and saddening to see others treated that way. It makes me want to summon a ShardPole and smack people over the head with it.

We should just treat dirt better. then everyone treated like dirt would be treated better!

but in all seriousness, society can have some incredibly harmful stereotypes and mindsets

9 hours ago, Aes Sedai said:

There are pros and cons to literally everything. If a girl isn’t smart, she’s an airhead with nothing to offer the world. If she is smart, she’s a nerd. If she’s athletic, she better be a dancer or cheerleader. If she’s not behaving in class, clearly she has problems going on at home. 

Likewise if you’re a boy, you can be athletic or you can be a nerd, and the to the teachers you’ll always just be a boy. 

screw it all humans are annoying we should all live with feral cats in the woods

Yes, lets construct a small group of nonhumans to ditch most humans, reserve a forest, and leave.

54 minutes ago, Telrao said:

OMIGOSH THIS IS SO TRUE

I hate the view of girls by society, the group I feel into are all a bit weird. Also what is disgraceful about dressing conservative or with jeans. Makeup and hair I say to each their own, but remember after awhile it will become a mask that will be what people will see. Now I am writing this from a male perspective so I don't have the best view. 

25 minutes ago, Wittles of Shinovar said:

We should just treat dirt better. then everyone treated like dirt would be treated better!

but in all seriousness, society can have some incredibly harmful stereotypes and mindsets

Good dirt is good, from a gardening perspective. Otherwise stereotypes of society are so annoying.

49 minutes ago, Telrao said:

I also love sarcasm

So fun and woo

Sarcasm + Gaslighting = Fun... the best tactic is to have a lying voice, sarcastic, and truthful, use each one wisely.

Guys I've become annoying by accident. I didn't mean to be annoying. I feel so bad, but I guess I'm not surprised. I'm just annoying. It represents the feeling that I'm pretty sure everyone gets from me and is just too nice to say.

Also stupid and a bunch of other things but whatever.

Wait why am I doing this? Silly selfish Cellist.

Okay here’s the thing, Cellist…anyone who knows me irl will tell you I’m not a nice person. In fact, I’m quite a mean person. You can ask @Being of Cacophony or @Wits instant noodles. But you are not annoying. You’re human, and there’s a big difference there. You don’t have to feel bad for being who you are. Some people will like you, some won’t. That’s just how life is. But you aren’t just…some bothersome annoying pest we all put up with, like you seem to think. You’re awesome!

43 minutes ago, That1Cellist said:

Guys I've become annoying by accident. I didn't mean to be annoying. I feel so bad, but I guess I'm not surprised. I'm just annoying. It represents the feeling that I'm pretty sure everyone gets from me and is just too nice to say.

Cellist! You're awesome! I enjoy being on the same forums as you. You're super fun and NOT a pain that we have to deal with. You're not silly and selfish! You're not stupid either!

1 hour ago, That1Cellist said:

Cellllllist you're amazing! We dont interact much but you are truly a fun person to be on the forum with!! You are definitely not annoying 

3 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

Storms Cellist! Why do you fall into this cycle of some improvement then considering yourself selfish? You're not annoying. I don't know to get through to you about this. Every folly you claim you have you really don't. 

Aes Sedai, Being of Cacophony, Cruciatus_heart  and The last Fae in the Woode are right. I get it, to an extent. There isn’t really such a thing as completely understanding what another person is going through, but approximately 7.63764 times a day I realize I’m annoying, or stupid, or selfish, or just any negative thing at all. But honestly, our feelings don’t make things true. I don’t want you to take this a lecture, or as if I’m scolding you for feeling how you do, because there’s no shame at all in struggling with whatever you’re feeling. Just know that everyone cares about you, and we love you.

Edited by TheAlpha929

20 hours ago, Telrao said:

OMIGOSH THIS IS SO TRUE

I think we all wish for a shardpole at one point or another