What is your Wildest Cosmere Theory??

Lunu’anaki

26 minutes ago, Weux082690 said:

I honestly came here to espouse the same theory. I think is very actively trying to get every Shard's investiture so he can become a Vessel for all or most.

I used to think that! But why would he want to do that is the larger question. I'm more inclined to think that Hoid's trying to bring someone or something back from the dead. Or in the case of the Cosmere, back from the Spiritual Realm. His agenda is:

1. Get as much Investiture as possible so as many options as possible are open (and so he's tougher for his enemies to kill). 

2. Get Revenge on Odium and Autonomy (no idea how. Maybe by eliminating as many of Autonomy's religions as possible (and replacing them with himself lol). Maybe by helping those who oppose the same people). 

3. Get to the Spiritual Realm

On 1/8/2020 at 7:51 AM, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Ok, here's my theory

Stormlight is just a hallucinogenic drug and whenever you breath it in nothing magic happens, but you see a lot of really weird visions.

This would also explain why only the sprens bond is the only one who can see the spren.

Also the Allomantic metals could be some sort of other drug. It couldn't be hallucinogenic though.

Also when you become an allomantic savant you are pretty much physically dependant on the metal, and not having it causes you to have a withdrawal of sorts. Making this even closer to a drug.

On 1/21/2020 at 2:43 PM, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Also when you become an allomantic savant you are pretty much physically dependant on the metal, and not having it causes you to have a withdrawal of sorts. Making this even closer to a drug.

How would being given a drug cause you to be able to push and pull on metals? I love your theory but drugs affect the mind and senses not you magnetic field. 

10 minutes ago, Tglassy said:

Is Hoid one of Autonomy's Avatars? Like, one Autonomy didn't mean to make?  He did say he was being worshiped somewhere...

No. He was around during Adonalsium's shattering, back when Autonomy was just a normal woman. He was one of her comrades.

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

I suppose it depends on whether one ascends to being an Avatar or of the Avatar is created.  Like, was Pajti a person first who became an Avatar of Autonomy?  In that case, could Hoid have gained enough of Autonomy's power to become one of them without consent?  Just a thought.  

3 minutes ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

And one day they will become normal leeches and revolt killing everyone and destroying everything.

The Leeches are of Ruin and their leader is Ruin's vessel.

And when the leeches revolt they will steal all of the abilities that feruchemist stored. 

Okay, I got one based on yesterday's AMA. Hoid is a dragon. My biggest reason for this is that Brandon said that dragons are shapeshifters and hinted that we have seen dragons, just not in dragon form. Being a shapeshifting dragon would very well explain why Hoid is so good at disguising himself

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

On 1/10/2020 at 2:27 PM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

Alright, so what if a Forger forged stamped a shardblade with the history that it is alive and never died. The shardblade would become a living spren again and bond to the person it was connected to making that person a Knight Radiant. 

Basically one can forge stamp a shardblade alive again. If it wasn't godmetal of course

Not exactly the same. However the principle of investiture interfering with investiture would still apply.

Questioner (paraphrased)

Would it be possible to use a soulstamp to give or take Allomancy?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Not under normal circumstances. The amount of Investiture required to do so would effectively short-circuit the stamp.

American Fork High School Signing (Dec. 12, 2019)

8 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Okay, I got one based on yesterday's AMA. Hoid is a dragon. My biggest reason for this is that Brandon said that dragons are shapeshifters and hunted that we have seen dragons, just not in dragon form. Being a shapeshifting dragon would very well explain why Hoid is so good at disguising himself

Oh I LIKE this theory! We know Frost is a dragon, and have had contact with him in the first response to Hoid in WoR; and we've "seen" him in the semi-canon(?) novella The Traveller, so Brandon might be counting that. But I like your theory! 

Dont know where to post..

Way of Kings prologue, Heralds gave up after centuries, inferred many times... 

4k later.... WoKs.

Ruff est 8k from shattering, Amision, Domination, Devotion.... then stuck in Roshar...

This implies, the Heralds and the EverStorm ranged within 1000 years. Then got less and less to the point where the last of the  desolations was less than a century.

15 hours ago, Thanatos said:

This implies, the Heralds and the EverStorm ranged within 1000 years. Then got less and less to the point where the last of the  desolations was less than a century.

What was your "wildest cosmere theory?" Cause the Everstorm is new this time, and we know at the tail end of the desolation cycles the last two were less than a year apart.

Breath can be used to create endowments (powers/blessings) that l can be bestowed to other people, somewhat like a financial endowment. The Royal locks (and body morphing) were an endowment granted to the royal line by Vo, not a power granted by simply being the child of a Returned. This explains why the Royal Locks only are granted to potential heirs to the throne, and why these powers don't seem to dilute with time or as the royal blood gets further removed from Vo.

Currently the art of turning breath into an endowment of power for other to access is not currently understood (or quite guarded). 

Edited by teknopathetic

On 2020-01-14 at 6:13 AM, Ricocheting Windrunner said:

How would you even spike a spren as you can't really touch one and can't see them if they don't want you to. A spike would just go through them especially since investure resists other inventure. 

I am not so sure. Khaladin manages to kill a voidspren in the physical realm by stabbing it with a shard blade (In Kholinar). It seems like the spren in the physical realm are somewhat vulnerable. 

On 11/11/2019 at 8:00 AM, Lunu’anaki said:

What is your most insane, ridiculous, or otherwise unfounded Cosmere theory that you just can't get out of your head?

I'll start:

Hoid's gift to be where he needs to is an attempt by Adonalsium to have Hoid gather a bit of every shards investiture and prime him as a Vessel for every shard at once. Hoid will become Hoidonalsium.

I felt that I couldn't not comment on this... 

I share part of this theory, in that Hoid seems to be collecting the various investiture-abilities. Though I don't know about him being a direct agent of Adonalsium, as much as being an opportunist, or (more likely, given conversations Hoid has had where he's shown more drive than just self-interest) attempting something similar off his own back.

Unless Adonalsium is to Shards as Autonomy is to Avatars (someone used the term Fractals to suggest smaller and smaller splintering, so I guess it could work back up the chain too) - then perhaps whatever consciousness remains of Adonalsium could be directing events and people like a much more grand Stormfather. 

Ok, this involves both Stormlight Archive and Skyward, but I think it fits here.

Spensa is an edgedancer but is unaware of her powers due to the lack of stormlight. M-Bot, her artificial intelligence fighter ship is her spren, a cultivation spren.

Reason 1: At one point in Skyward when the deaths of the cadets are being listed, Spensa tries to remember the names of the dead. This is very similar to the second ideal of the Edgedancers; "I will remember those who have been forgotten."

Reason 2: M-Bot is very obsessed with mushrooms and various forms of fungus. M-Bot also tries to avoid combat (at least early on in the book I'm not done) similarly to Wyndle, Spensa expresses that having M-Bot is like having a weapon that didn't want her to swing it, very similar to Wyndle who will not become a sword but insists on being a rod. Edgedancer bond to cultivation spren, and M-Bot acts like a cultivation spren herself.

11 hours ago, Feruchemical Skybreaker said:

Ok, this involves both Stormlight Archive and Skyward, but I think it fits here.

Spensa is an edgedancer but is unaware of her powers due to the lack of stormlight. M-Bot, her artificial intelligence fighter ship is her spren, a cultivation spren.

Reason 1: At one point in Skyward when the deaths of the cadets are being listed, Spensa tries to remember the names of the dead. This is very similar to the second ideal of the Edgedancers; "I will remember those who have been forgotten."

Reason 2: M-Bot is very obsessed with mushrooms and various forms of fungus. M-Bot also tries to avoid combat (at least early on in the book I'm not done) similarly to Wyndle, Spensa expresses that having M-Bot is like having a weapon that didn't want her to swing it, very similar to Wyndle who will not become a sword but insists on being a rod. Edgedancer bond to cultivation spren, and M-Bot acts like a cultivation spren herself.

...Skyward and the Cosmere are separate universes. So...M-Bot can’t be a spren.