20 minutes ago, Levitaph said:

A few questions about the rules:

1. How long does the Gravitation 3 surge last: The rules say If your target is attacked, you will attack the attacker. How many turns/cycles does this "guard" stay on your target?

2. Day/Night Actions: Can a player take actions available to them during the day turn and the night turn, or only one?

3. Illumination + Inkspren: If I use Illumination surge to double my vote, and an Inkspren targets me and chooses to double my vote again, do I get x4 total vote power that turn? What about multiple inkspren targetting the same player? Could a player reach x8+ vote power using multiple inkspren and Illumination?

1. Huh, I didn’t specify that. My gut instinct is either 1 turn or two turns, no more than that. I promise I’ll specify that later, once I get back to my laptop. 

3. Ok, looks like I might need to change the wording, because that might be a bit op. Instead of doubling, each extra action will only add another vote to an individual, not double their existing vote power. 

Despite the fact that I'm going to be under some crazy drugs soon after this starts, I'm signing up. Just don't expect much from the the 19th/20th. I'll still be around, but wisdom teeth remove wisdom shortly after they're gone

Rysca felt the highstorm coming. But then, she always could. 

The black sky, with its small white sun, lightened as the storm approached. Floating above the sea of beads, objects and places of the Physical Realm, she saw the flickering pillars of flame, the small, inconsequential humans, gathering and fleeing as the physical storm hit them. She frowned at a few of them. The outer edge of their flames were tinged with red, a mark of one too long in Odium’s employ. Were she still to have access to the Physical Realm, they would pay dearly. But aside from the Stormfather’s prohibition on Nahel bonds, there were...a multitude of other reasons why Rysca would not seek such privileges. Screams from the past, her own and others, greeted her. She quickly shut them out, refocusing. 

The stormwall came into focus, and it awed her for a moment, as it always did. The Stormfather at its head, and the flickering remnant of Honour’s Perpendicularity, were enough to make any spren amazed, even here with the blurred sight of the Cognitive Realm. Then, as again it always did, the disappointment and loss hit. Honour shattered, and this mere fragment wandering endlessly around Shadesmar, giving the people of Roshar a false hope. The Stormfather himself certainly looked weary, even wearier than normal, as he drew alongside Rysca. 

YOU SENSE MY WEARINESS, DAUGHTER? the voice came. As always, it was never aloud, but came directly into her Spiritual Aspect. It had certainly been a fright the first few times it had happened, and Rysca still viewed each conversation as...well, an honour, but she had adapted well enough by now. She’d also learned that the Stormfather talked often enough with highspren, especially former Radiant spren, so she turned herself to the currents of the storm and stayed alongside him. 

Yes, Father, she sent back. If I may be so bold, I’d say you were fighting a war. She instantly cringed. Of course he was fighting constantly against the enemy. She braced for the explosion, or lecture, but neither came. Instead, a far-off rumbling was audible even to the Cognitive Realm. A sigh filtered through into her consciousness. 

IT IS A WAR, ALBEIT ONE I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD FIGHT NOW. DAUGHTER, AN UNMADE TRAILS THE HIGHSTORM, SEEKING TO PREY ON SPREN WHICH FOLLOW IN ITS WAKE. IT IS A DANGER TO SHADESMAR, AND I MUST FIND AND VANQUISH IT. 

“Not alone, you can’t,” Rysca whispered. “I, for one, will aid you in this task.”

Rysca the highspren looks to vanquish Unmade, and to bond a new Radiant. As such, she’s obviously not missing out on this game. 

14 hours ago, Shqueeves said:

Despite the fact that I'm going to be under some crazy drugs soon after this starts, I'm signing up. Just don't expect much from the the 19th/20th. I'll still be around, but wisdom teeth remove wisdom shortly after they're gone

Please be very active on the 19th and 20th. It will be fun watching someone play while on heavy pain meds :D

6 hours ago, Coop772 said:

I was peer pressured here
But I'm here
and y'all are going down

Yes, Rae, that includes Orlok... we're going to diss Orlok this entire time unless Orlok just happens to have an advocate... 

There's only 2 days of signups left. Please join if you're on the fence. I need the players to make this game a bit more exciting. 

13 hours ago, Steeldancer said:

Yes, Rae, that includes Orlok... we're going to diss Orlok this entire time unless Orlok just happens to have an advocate... 

There's only 2 days of signups left. Please join if you're on the fence. I need the players to make this game a bit more exciting. 

But what if I think watching him his Lordship be dissed is amusing? :P

9 hours ago, TheMightyLopen said:

I'll sign up! I've always had a hard time coming up with a name for my character, so GM(s), if you could make one up for me, that'd be very cool.

How does Lymelis sound?

3 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Move me from pinch hitter to player if you still need more players. Though with finals coming up, I can't promise significant activity. 

Thanks! 

A few new players, a few returning players, and a couple interesting mechanics... Bleh. I really want to play this, but I'm running the next QF, and I don't have time to do both.

Sign me up for the spec doc, please. (Sorry, this looks really interesting.)

I've decided to make 2 clarifications/changes to the rules. Stonespren can create an item for half the normal stormlight cost, not just a single stormlight. Furthermore, the passing items action works as thus- for an action, you can pass any number of a single type of essence. For the same action, you may only pass a single Essence Item. 

Additional, important rule clarification: If the Stormfather is targeted by Sja-Anat, the conversion fails, but one of the Stormfather's extra lives is consumed. If the Stormfather has no extra lives, then the conversion will be successful. 
Any time a conversion fails, Sja-Anat does not lose that life.