Day 1- Celebrantian Celebration
It all began on a day where the spren of Celebrant would celebrate the coming of a large shipment from across the Cognitive Realm, one that came from the fabled city of Silverlight. It carried many products the populus craved, from the latest fashion to art and technology. It was the day that spren saved for, to buy something new, that might bring a bit of change into their lives. 
Little did they know that change was about to begin, more than it had in 4,500 years. 
The lightspren had brought in the products, and many spren were down by the docks when they saw the sea of beads vibrate. A huge mass, moving underneath. Every spren had been taught enough to know what that meant- it was an unmade. The crowd of spren fled from the docks where they had seen its mass moving underneath the beads. 
Thankfully, the stormfather was aware of the arrival of the unmade in Celebrant, and he was not going to just let his children be attacked by the forces of Odium. And so the shimmering clouds, indicating the highstorm and the presence of the Stormfather, settled over Celebrant. 
The spren now only had a single goal- rid the city of the Unmade and of any servants of the Unmade. Meanwhile, Sja-Anat had already begun her work upon the population of Celebrant...
______
The day has begun. It will end on 4/19/19, at 9PM MDT. Remember to submit an action and to vote in order to have a chance of becoming bonded. Role PMs will be out relatively shortly. The Rules

Spoiler

1. Furamirioind
2. Lumgol (Hjalar the Lightspren)
3. Elandera
4. Randuir (Alabaster the Inkspren)
5. Xinoehp
6. Rathmaskal
7. Snipexe
8. Ark1002 (Nightshade)
9. Devotary of Spontaneity (Meladian the Lightspren)
10. Levitaph 
11. Shqueeves
12. Fifth Scholar (Rysca)
13. Coop772
14. TheMightyLopen (Lymelis)
15. Cadmium Compounder
16. Dr. Dapper (Ji)
17. Sart (Sartras)

PMs are not open. 

Edited by Steeldancer

Well, I guess I'll kick off the game right away.

So with the whole activity-makes-bonding thing, I feel like if someone doesn't post as much that can sorta be a cause for suspicion since I think Sja-anat can't be bonded? But then they could also be the Stormfather, or just plain really busy so I'm not really sure. However, lynching inactives is generally considered a good idea and especially in this game.

Any other thoughts?

Edit: I reread the rules and the Stormfather can be bonded, while Sja-anat can't. That makes inactivity, or at least a lack of care towards activity, slightly more suspicious.

Edited by Lumgol

• Alvron locked and unpinned this topic
16 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

So with the whole activity-makes-bonding thing, I feel like if someone doesn't post as much that can sorta be a cause for suspicion since I think Sja-anat can't be bonded? But then they could also be the Stormfather, or just plain really busy so I'm not really sure. However, lynching inactives is generally considered a good idea and especially in this game.

Any other thoughts?

Edit: I reread the rules and the Stormfather can be bonded, while Sja-anat can't. That makes inactivity, or at least a lack of care towards activity, slightly more suspicious.

I don't think so. While Sja-anat won't get bonded, that doesn't effect their likelihood to post in a negative way. The bonding functions as carrot to increase activity, but that doesn't mean Sja-anat will be inactive.

Hmm... We're dealing with a conversion game, so our main focus should be Sja-Ajanat. As far as I can tell, only Sja-Ajanat and the Stormfather have extra lives. In my opinion, we should immediately kill anyone with an extra life. If we hit the Stormfather, obviously it's annoying, but they should be able to verify their claim by causing someone to bond, preferably a role with a unique surgebinder ability. So, we need to lynch as often as possible.

@Steeldancer What are the rules for the lynch? Specifically, how many votes are required to lynch a player, and what happens in the case of a tie?

So, to start things off. I will vote on Lumgol. Why Lumgol? Because of this post:

51 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

Any other thoughts?

If anything, I trust inactive players more this game, as they are undesirable targets for conversion. This logic might be intended for us to lynch inactive villagers, rather than focus on finding active killers.

If Celebrant wasn't safe anymore, Meladian didn't plan on spending any more time here than necessary. If she had a Radiant she'd be able to collect materials from the physical realm, but for now, scavenging and bartering for materials and items was the only option. Perhaps she could create her own Radiant. Surely that couldn't be too difficult. Meladian gathered that humans were made out of flesh and had some sort of liquid inside them, both of which were standard essences. Perhaps the Stormfather would know more.

3 minutes ago, Sart said:

What are the rules for the lynch? Specifically, how many votes are required to lynch a player, and what happens in the case of a tie?

Rules are standard. No minimum vote count to lynch, and one random victim of the tied candidates is chosen in the case of a tie. 

Edited by Steeldancer

Mirena watched the shifting beads, any optimism retreating as quickly as a vine in the wilds of the physical realm. She found herself frozen, though. Rooted to the ground from fear or stupidity, she didn't know. Spren around her scattered, fleeing from the mass beneath the sea, but she stared. 

It was a day she dreaded. A day she feared beyond all else. A day when they would need more than what was available in their realm.

It was time.

---

Just saying hello. I'll admit I haven't looked in depth at the rules yet, so I'll be looking into that before I post much else and/or decide on a vote. 

As Lymelis was making his way down to the docks to purchase the newest album his favorite spren band had released, a crowd of spren came rushing towards him. He stopped one of them to ask what was happening.

"Hey dude, what's with the running and screaming?" he asked.

"An Unmade was just spotted down at the docks! You should stay away from there!" the spren warned, and then quickly resumed his fleeing and screaming.

Great... Lymelis thought to himself. Of all the days for an Unmade to show up. So lame. But then he had a thought. If everyone's leaving, maybe he could actually get a signed copy this time! With that in mind, he made his way down to the docks with a smile on his face.

---

Heyo, I don't have anything to contribute yet, but I'm here! Still need to study the rules to figure out what's going on, and then I'll probably post again. Maybe... If I have the time. :P

Hey all! I’ve not got much time currently, and should probably refamiliarise myself with the rules, but I’d like to quickly respond to a few people and offer some thoughts of my own. 

First, with this being a conversion game, I’d be surprised if a D1 lynch is accurate given there's only one or two Elims right now, but we still ought to have one, or at least start the Day with the commitment to do so. The information and reads we get out of lynch discussion will likely be worth the missing player. 

Second, I’d theorise that with a size of seventeen, we probably have a Sja’anat with three to four lives, or an extra starting Enlightened and a Sja’anat with two or three. This sort of depends on whether Sja’anat can suicide to Enlighten a final spren. @Steeldancer @Mailliw73?

6 hours ago, Lumgol said:

Sja’anat has no incentive to be inactive this game, as the activity mechanics make lurking a fairly awful idea. However, simply targeting people for inactivity is also unwise, as I know that several people have stated they’ll not have terribly much time. A D1 inactive lynch might be worth it, though, depending on how discussion today pans out. 

5 hours ago, Sart said:

In my opinion, we should immediately kill anyone with an extra life. If we hit the Stormfather, obviously it's annoying, but they should be able to verify their claim by causing someone to bond, preferably a role with a unique surgebinder ability. So, we need to lynch as often as possible.

I’d...be fine with this? I was going to object on the grounds that doing the Elims’ work for them by killing the Stormfather is a bad idea, but getting the Stormfather simply to bond another person is easy enough if we have a person we trust to vouch for them. I also believe that if Sja’anat is lynched, the Stormfather should claim so that she can’t wriggle out of a lynch by getting a teammate to vouch that they’ve been “bonded.”

Edited by Fifth Scholar
Clarified a point in second paragraph

35 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

At world championship right now.  Will have time... idk maybe in 12 hours ish. After worlds I will have an easy schedule.

Sja'anat, could I be put in a doc with Furami so I can ask him all about this in a slightly less formal setting? Thanks! :P 

Anyway, given that it's just become a point of discussion, I don't think activity, or a lack of it, will be particularly alignment indicative in this game. Generally active people will be active, generally not-so-active people might not be, just like always. If it was a pure conversion game sja'anat would probably not convert any complete inactive, but since there might already be a couple of people in the elim team, that's no guarantee either.

Alabaster was hurrying through one of Celebrant's side alleys. He hadn't joined the spren waiting fro the next shipment, as he wasn't exactly welcome among much of his kin these days. He didn't understand that.  Causation had been obvious, and he'd acted to protect everyone. A serious blow to one of the unmade had even been struck with his aid. But still he was shunned, his deeds considered the start of redemption at best. Well, that suits me fine. We all fight in our own way, after all, and I've never been one to lead the charge.

Sudden screaming interrupted his train of thoughts. It started at the docks, but quickly spread through the city. Alabaster made his way to wards the noise, adn ebfore longs he heard shouts of panic. One word stood out. Unmade.

My children.  Fear not Sja-Anat, for I, the Stormfather('s younger brother) am here to protect you.

---

So I just realized that I did not update the thread...but I'm going to attempt to RP as the DrizzleFather, the Stormfather's rather...less impressive younger brother who still has ideas of grandeur.

---

OK, first off, this game should be a lot of fun.  Definitely going to take a few re-reads of the rules to figure everything out, especially as people start bonding and gaining access to surges.

So it seems the Stormfather could have a kind of pseudo scan in the early game (until people have access to surges) but I don't think it's reliable enough to count on that.  IF, however, the Stormfather does end up with a failed bond on C1, it would probably be worth it to claim.  (I don't think I see anything at this point which would result in a failed bond other than targeting Sja-Anat anyway)

So, another point I'd like to have some of your opinions on:

Should we focus more on finding Sja-anat and eliminating her extra lives (and thus potential conversions) first, or focus on killing the converts, so that we can at least try to prevent the elim team from growing? If converts are constantly killed, Sja-anat will either be forced to use up her extra lives to rebuild her team (thus weakening her and requiring less time to lynch her), or she'll have to keep her extra lives but stick to a smaller team or fly solo.

However, trying to lynch Sja-anat from the beginning will reduce her opportunities to convert early on, which would be quite a blow. Especially this round, where we don't know if there even are converts, Sja-anat is the obvious lynch target.

Who do you guys think we should focus on for the rest of the game?

2 hours ago, Lumgol said:

So, another point I'd like to have some of your opinions on:

Should we focus more on finding Sja-anat and eliminating her extra lives (and thus potential conversions) first, or focus on killing the converts, so that we can at least try to prevent the elim team from growing? If converts are constantly killed, Sja-anat will either be forced to use up her extra lives to rebuild her team (thus weakening her and requiring less time to lynch her), or she'll have to keep her extra lives but stick to a smaller team or fly solo.

However, trying to lynch Sja-anat from the beginning will reduce her opportunities to convert early on, which would be quite a blow. Especially this round, where we don't know if there even are converts, Sja-anat is the obvious lynch target.

Who do you guys think we should focus on for the rest of the game?

If we are relatively certain someone is Sja-anat, we should be focusing on them. If we can remove their lives, they will have fewer conversions, thus making it so we have fewer converts to find in the first place.

But overall, I think we should just focus on finding the elims. Sometimes it can be difficult to find a particular role among many, but it is fairly easy to find people who are suspicious.

I'd encourage people with some free actions to experiment with fusing essences, and if you come across something useful to share the combination.

It will likely be easier to find Sja-Anat than a particular convert, because of the surviving the lynch ability, because she's the only one with a suspicious ability that can be viewed by Highspren, and because many other players can prove their spren type(Highspren, Truthspren, Inkspren, Stormfather for sure, the others could probably engineer a situation where they could demonstrate their role). It would probably be counterproductive and boring for those spren to claim, but it may be helpful later on to narrow down possibilities for the conversion role. 

I personally will be focusing on item creation, particularly hoping to synthesise my very own Radiant. I will be happy to share my results with anyone who asks, especially if the Cryptics get the PMs up.