AonEne

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Ashlyn looks down at her boots, “they’ll be fine.” She feels the water tension start to loosen, pushing them closer together. She’s feels her face redden a bit but the determined and stubborn look in her eyes stayed.

“Well, then,” Rob said, not really understanding the red face. Maybe it was hot here.

“It seems w —” the stormlight cut out abruptly and the water they stood on suddenly have way beneath their weight as they were submerged in the deep end of the pool. Rob’s clothes began to get soaked and drag him down towards the abyssal dark bottom of the pool, but with one hand, he grabbed on the side of the pool and surfaced, breathing in a lungful of good air.

At this time, he felt a sudden urge to laugh, at the experience he’d just had, but his will kept him from letting loose that much, his face still the same expression it always had been.

Ashlyn breaks the surface and swims over to the wall next to Rob. Treading water for a moment she pushes her hair out of her face. Looking over at Rob again she begins to laugh, it starts small but soon she’s laughing so hard she almost looses her grip on the wall.

@I think I am here.

Edited by Blessing of Potency

That was fun, Rob thought and looked to Ashlyn. As she laughed Rob felt like doing the same, and he pulled himself up to the wet edge of the pool, looking down on her. His face softened and he restrained himself before it could advance to anything more. His father’s presence clouded him, like a ghoul creeping over his shoulder, whispering the same thing it had always whispered.

Men don’t show emotions. Save that for the women.

But, Rob had said, only a child. Sometimes the people on the TV laugh. What about them?

Not real men. Robert, you’re too young to understand. The world has gone crazy. And it needs real men, from days of old. Stoic, silent, expressionless. None of these pansies that are so common now.

Rob had just nodded, and like a sponge, absorbed his father’s teachings. He blinked, returning to the present and he looked back on Ashlyn, swirling his feet around in the water.

“That was... fun.” He said. Then nodded. “Quite fun.”

James pushed the cart around, looking for swimming candles. Lights, this is awkward James thought, I've gone and made Shana think about something she obviously doesn't want to think about. "So Where do you think these 'swimming candles' would be Shana?" He asked, trying once more to take her mind off of her troubles. Light knows she's got enough to worry about as it is. James thought, ruefully.

@Sorana

Edited by Wyndlerunner

6 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James pushed the cart around, looking for swimming candles. Lights, this is awkward James thought, I've gone and made Shana think about something she obviously doesn't want to think about. "So Where do you think these 'swimming candles' would be Shana?" He asked, trying once more to take her mind off of her troubles. Light knows she's got enough to worry about as it is. James thought, ruefully.

@Sorana

"I don't know." Shana forced herself to smile again, push all dark thoughts away. James was obviously uncomfortable with the situation. She shouldn't have let her emotions show that much. It was wrong to push it on him.

"Most likely with the decorations. We need some confetti anyway." Slowly she started to walk towards a shelf that was labeled as "decorations".

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

"I don't know." Shana forced herself to smile again, push all dark thoughts away. James was obviously uncomfortable with the situation. She shouldn't have let her emotions show that much. It was wrong to push it on him.

"Most likely with the decorations. We need some confetti anyway." Slowly she started to walk towards a shelf that was labeled as "decorations".

James followed, inwardly sighing with relief- he'd successfully changed the subject.

35 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James followed, inwardly sighing with relief- he'd successfully changed the subject.

Shana picked up the swimming candles and the confetti. She chose yellow, green and white ones, to stay within their colours.

"Flowers next? What else are we missing?"

11 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

That was fun, Rob thought and looked to Ashlyn. As she laughed Rob felt like doing the same, and he pulled himself up to the wet edge of the pool, looking down on her. His face softened and he restrained himself before it could advance to anything more. His father’s presence clouded him, like a ghoul creeping over his shoulder, whispering the same thing it had always whispered.

Men don’t show emotions. Save that for the women.

But, Rob had said, only a child. Sometimes the people on the TV laugh. What about them?

Not real men. Robert, you’re too young to understand. The world has gone crazy. And it needs real men, from days of old. Stoic, silent, expressionless. None of these pansies that are so common now.

Rob had just nodded, and like a sponge, absorbed his father’s teachings. He blinked, returning to the present and he looked back on Ashlyn, swirling his feet around in the water.

“That was... fun.” He said. Then nodded. “Quite fun.”

“Very fun.” Ashlyn says, still holding onto the side of the pool, “now would you be so kind as to get a towel so I don’t freeze when I get out of the water?” 

21 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana picked up the swimming candles and the confetti. She chose yellow, green and white ones, to stay within their colours.

"Flowers next? What else are we missing?"

"It looked like there was a floral shop next door" James noted, "Why don't we check out here, and look for some nice flowers over there?"

@Sorana

On 01/10/2019 at 8:37 AM, Blessing of Potency said:

“Very fun.” Ashlyn says, still holding onto the side of the pool, “now would you be so kind as to get a towel so I don’t freeze when I get out of the water?” 

Rob nodded, standing up and walking to one of the outdoor hangers on which towel was draped. It was a spare towel, grey and spotted in design, and Rob grabbed it along with his own towel, which was plain white. Until Ashlyn’s mention of ‘freeze’ Rob hadn’t realised how cold he was either. Luckily, it didn’t seem it was too windy.

“Here you are,” he said, giving her the towel and sitting back on the edge of the pool, draping his towel over his shoulders. “No guarantee you still won’t be cold though,” he joked.

19 hours ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"It looked like there was a floral shop next door" James noted, "Why don't we check out here, and look for some nice flowers over there?"

@Sorana

Shana nodded and walked over to the cashier. They waited for a while, but then she paid.

"Sounds good." She replied after a while, her thoughts already at the house.

"Let's just pick some yellow flowers and some evergreens. Maybe be can get some grasses as well, or some white ones. Roses maybe."

Lillies are beautiful, you know. I used to pick some white ones from the forest behind our house and give them to my mom. I loved how they seemed to fade into the stem instead of suddenly appearing from it... Yellow roses are also a thing. Funnily enough. :)

I feel like I'm cheating the system. :)
Regardless, I'm excited to see what flowers you guys choose, since I've only ever seen you guys make good choices so far. :)

... in relation to this, I mean... I know you aren't perfect. :)

Mentally at least...

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana nodded and walked over to the cashier. They waited for a while, but then she paid.

"Sounds good." She replied after a while, her thoughts already at the house.

"Let's just pick some yellow flowers and some evergreens. Maybe be can get some grasses as well, or some white ones. Roses maybe."

James nodded, and began to stroll towards the floral shop.

@Sorana

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Rob nodded, standing up and walking to one of the outdoor hangers on which towel was draped. It was a spare towel, grey and spotted in design, and Rob grabbed it along with his own towel, which was plain white. Until Ashlyn’s mention of ‘freeze’ Rob hadn’t realized how cold he was either. Luckily, it didn’t seem it was too windy.

“Here you are,” he said, giving her the towel and sitting back on the edge of the pool, draping his towel over his shoulders. “No guarantee you still won’t be cold though,” he joked.

Ashlyn pulls herself out of the pool and raps the towel around herself. She sits in silence for a moment, then stands, "We should probably go talk to this Doc to see how I can help. Though now I'm debating on whether I should go home and get some dry clothes first."

7 minutes ago, Wyndlerunner said:

James nodded, and began to stroll towards the floral shop.

@Sorana

Shana followed him over, looked through the flowers.

"What do you think of these sunflowers?" They weren't too large, like her palm, a beautiful yellow with bright green stems. "And these white roses?" She took one and held it next to the sunflower for him to see.

4 minutes ago, Blessing of Potency said:

Welp. Can I reserve the Dustbringer slot for the second set then? (idk how long this is gunna take to get her bonded to a spren.)

YAY! I'd love to have another active Dustbringer for Shana to interact with! Maybe she could show you the surges or train with Ashlyn.

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

Shana followed him over, looked through the flowers.

"What do you think of these sunflowers?" They weren't too large, like her palm, a beautiful yellow with bright green stems. "And these white roses?" She took one and held it next to the sunflower for him to see.

"Those look lovely" James said as he nodded his head in agreement. "What about some lilies, and daffodils?" He asked, as a bunch of the aforementioned blooms caught his eye. He gestured towards them to show Shana what he was talking about.

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"Those look lovely" James said as he nodded his head in agreement. "What about some lilies, and daffodils?" He asked, as a bunch of the aforementioned blooms caught his eye. He gestured towards them to show Shana what he was talking about.

Shana nodded. "Sure. Let's take some of them as well."

She asked an employee to pack the flowers together and paid.

"Let's head back and decorate everything? They should be done soon."

16 minutes ago, Dr. Dapper said:

Doc shook his head, smiling slightly. "At the risk of sounding like an old person, what will you kids do next?" 

What do you mean, you’re not real? You seem pretty real to me, sule. ^_^ 

Break my oath and kill my spren, thought Cassie. But I’m not going to tell you. Not right now, at least. I can’t. She smiled weakly. “Who knows?” Throwing in a glance at the tortillas she was making, then one at Evelyn, she added, “I think they’re done.”