AonEne

15 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

My favorite part is that Jace thought he was asking then to set up an after party, and they thought he meant an actual wedding... He and Ax will probably be married twice today now. :lol:

You wanted a party without food??? Or music?

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but this is a wedding. Like, full on marriage. They'll be married twice in once day sort of thing. I expected it to just be a casual celebration party and they're going full out... if he'd expected a wedding, he'd have told them they had a week or two to plan ahead...:lol:

4 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

No, but this is a wedding. Like, full on marriage. They'll be married twice in once day sort of thing. I expected it to just be a casual celebration party and they're going full out... if he'd expected a wedding, he'd have told them they had a week or two to plan ahead...:lol:

It's a wedding party. Of course it's huge. You asked Shana, what did you expect? :P

We don't organize anything around your ceremony. Only everything else.

Edited by Sorana

1 hour ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Be that as it may... the storm father might end up wanting to preside. Who knows? Besides- they're getting rings! What else are you expecting to happen? 

Are you really just asking me how an american wedding works? I have absolutely no idea! I only plan the party :P

Oh yeah. So, imagine a wedding. Now imagine a religion. Now imagine how that religion does a wedding. Repeat this with every imaginable religion. Think about all those different ways to do a wedding. Now multiply it by seventy or so and you might get close to what an American wedding might be like. Honestly, Americans are weird...

Just now, ShadowLord_Lith said:

We may be weird but we know how to partayyy!

Usually, American weddings have a ceremony then an afterparty or banquet. The ceremony usually lasts about 40 minutes, while the afterparty goes for three to five hours. They usually have food, sometimes a full dinner, a full bar (beer, wine, spirits, cocktails, etc.), and some kind of dessert. The dessert is almost always a cake. There is then dancing, and there are two main dances. The first is the father-daughter/bride dance and then the couple dances together. DJ(s) and/or band(s) are almost always present. Music tends toward pop and country. 

By the end, almost nobody except the kids is sober. 

Disco balls and flashing lights are a must. 

Leona turned towards Cassie. "Yeah?"

@AonEne

8 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

Leona turned towards Cassie. "Yeah?" 

“Shana asked us to take care of the food and plates and utensils, all that stuff,” Cassie explained. “For the wedding. Wait, you know about the wedding, right?” 

Just now, AonEne said:

“Shana asked us to take care of the food and plates and utensils, all that stuff,” Cassie explained. “For the wedding. Wait, you know about the wedding, right?” 

Leona smiled. "Yeah, I know about the wedding. It's very exciting! I was going to do a cake. You know what kind they want?"

4 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

Leona smiled. "Yeah, I know about the wedding. It's very exciting! I was going to do a cake. You know what kind they want?"

Yeah, I was thinking that they'd do the after party, but then you guys went into wedding ceremony mode.

I think Jace mentioned either lemon, vanilla, or red velvet were all good, and chocolate is always safe. :)

Just now, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Okay!

5 minutes ago, AonEne said:

“No,” she admitted. “Nothing that one of them could be allergic to, I guess. Not that I know if they’re allergic to anything.” 

"Chocolate's always good. So is vanilla? What about both?" She answered. "It wouldn't be too hard to do. You got any guess as to how many people we are going to have?"

21 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

Usually, American weddings have a ceremony then an afterparty or banquet. The ceremony usually lasts about 40 minutes, while the afterparty goes for three to five hours. They usually have food, sometimes a full dinner, a full bar (beer, wine, spirits, cocktails, etc.), and some kind of dessert. The dessert is almost always a cake. There is then dancing, and there are two main dances. The first is the father-daughter/bride dance and then the couple dances together. DJ(s) and/or band(s) are almost always present. Music tends toward pop and country. 

Alright, so not too many differences.

Except: 3-5 hours??? What's three to five hours? That's incredibly short. When I married, we went to church at 1pm, were done there half an hour later, and then there was a party. With cake, dinner, a midnight snack, alcohol. Some guests help speeches, or little games to keep people occupied. I drove our DJ home at nearly 6am the next day (don't ask, I took so many painkillers I couldn't drink). Any wedding party that stops before 2-3am is considered short.

So that's what I have in mind. A mindblowing, long party. Without alcohol I suppose, since american laws in that regard are really strict.

Edited by Sorana

5 minutes ago, Sorana said:

I've never been to a wedding like that, but I've also only been to like 5 weddings...

American alchohol laws say you can drink starting at age 21, but individual states have laws allowing exceptions for religious reasons or with parental consent. Some teens start drinking around age 15, or sophmore year of high school as a result of going to parties. 

15 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

"Chocolate's always good. So is vanilla? What about both?" She answered. "It wouldn't be too hard to do. You got any guess as to how many people we are going to have?"

“Well, estimating on the larger end of the spectrum, all of us, plus Ax’s family, plus some random friends who might drop by - I don’t know, fifty people tops? Does that sounds right to you?” She nibbled on her lower lip. “Are you saying a cake with both chocolate and vanilla in it, or two cakes?” 

Just now, AonEne said:

“Well, estimating on the larger end of the spectrum, all of us, plus Ax’s family, plus some random friends who might drop by - I don’t know, fifty people tops? Does that sounds right to you?” She nibbled on her lower lip. “Are you saying a cake with both chocolate and vanilla in it, or two cakes?” 

"One cake that has one side of chocolate and one side vanilla. Easily soulcastable. I'll do decorations by hand." 

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Can you and Leona take care of food and cake? Maybe plates?"

Shana asked and looked at Cassie, then turned to James.

"We can look after decoration and the music. Carry the tables around."

"Does that work for you?"

"Yeah, I can help with that" James said cheerily.

2 minutes ago, BookishOcelot said:

"One cake that has one side of chocolate and one side vanilla. Easily soulcastable. I'll do decorations by hand." 

“Mmm, okay. Food - should we get caterers, buy a ton of stuff from a restaurant...I don’t think we can make it all on our own.” 

Just now, AonEne said:

“Mmm, okay. Food - should we get caterers, buy a ton of stuff from a restaurant...I don’t think we can make it all on our own.” 

Leona thought for a minute. "Maybe. If it's closely related to cake, like bread, I could make it. Anything else though is beyond me. Unless you happen to want a cake meal?"

1 minute ago, Wyndlerunner said:

"Yeah, I can help with that" James said cheerily.

"Alright. Grab your keys and lets go. We need flowers, some vases. Some decorations. Balloons and confetti. A disco light."

She grabbed another pancake and then reached out for her bag.

"We'll just improvise when it comes to the colours, as long as it fits together it works."

============

Anybody else interested to help? we need a band/ and or a playlist/ a DJ,  you could prepare the house, or maybe some games for the evening. Or you go shopping with Shana and James.

@Lunamor

@Hope Spren

@Eluvianii

1 minute ago, BookishOcelot said:

Leona thought for a minute. "Maybe. If it's closely related to cake, like bread, I could make it. Anything else though is beyond me. Unless you happen to want a cake meal?"

Cassie grinned. “We should probably have more than just cake. Know any good restaurants nearby?” 

*has a strong urge to jokingly buy McDonald’s* 

Spoiler

Sue me, I love their food:ph34r: