yeah, from what I'm hearing here, Drought is very much sounding like Beirst, which makes me wonder even more aibout the Crusader.

Edit: I'm being dumb. If drought is Beirst, the crysader's attack would have failed, of course.

Edited by Aranduensis

12 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Also, I was redirected last night.  I would really like to know why.  I was very limited in what I would be able to do last night as no one voted on me :cry:, so the redirect caused my action to fail.  I was redirected to Drought.

EDIT:

As the only player who has claimed a redirect role:
Xino

11 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Fura, did you target me? Because it says I was targeted last night, and that no other information is available about it.

6 hours ago, Snipexe said:

Well that’s interesting, because I was redirected as well, to Xino.

6 hours ago, Metabardnition said:

I was roleblocked for the second time (presumably by the Vashikaran). However, I targeted @May I suggest The Only Joe both Night 2 and 3, so there's a slight possibility that that player is immune to my action, either as a village role or as a second Vodiyehi. In either of those cases, however, I would have thought the Vashikaran/Vodiyehi would have sent in a kill action, not their role action. Droughtbringer, I want to know if you have any insights into this.

5 hours ago, Elandera said:

@Furamirionind, did anything come of you having targeted Drought? With Metabardnition's claim, that makes it seem like a high possibility of him being Beirst. 

Drought

I was redirected to Itah, today.

I have the role Code Monkey, it functions as a teleporter, so I can swap two players and anything that targets one will target the other, and Visa versa.

During the weekend I was redirected to Itah, and switched him and my self.

Then Fura was also switched to Itah, but then to me due to the redirect.

This doesn't prove my innocence in any way, but it is all that I have for you all, at the moment.

Also, @Metabardnition what action were you targeting me with?

2 hours ago, May I suggest The Only Joe said:

I was redirected to Itah, today.

I have the role Code Monkey, it functions as a teleporter, so I can swap two players and anything that targets one will target the other, and Visa versa.

During the weekend I was redirected to Itah, and switched him and my self.

Then Fura was also switched to Itah, but then to me due to the redirect.

This doesn't prove my innocence in any way, but it is all that I have for you all, at the moment.

Also, @Metabardnition what action were you targeting me with?

Well, discussion kind of died, so with nothing better to do I’ll eviscerate Drought’s post. 

First, as has been mentioned previously, all the village roles so far haven’t been tech-related, but SE-related, and I see little reason why this pattern should have been broken all of a sudden. 

Second, regardless of whether you’re telling the truth about having a redirect or not, your explanation doesn’t answer to the supposed failure of a multitude of actions against you specifically; you can’t claim having been switched with Beirst, as the switch would have failed because Beirst is immune to everything. As such, unless you’re insinuating that Bard and Fura are lying (and you haven’t denied that the actions against you failed) I see little alternative to you being Beirst, and a Spambot. (It’s worth noting that if you flip good, we can likely lynch Bard for making false claims, but I find the chances of your innocence fairly low at this point.)

If the Crusader could target a proven low-activity player tonight, that would be great. I’d like to not waste lynches on people who aren’t really posting, as building cases against them, and trying to catch them in lies, becomes highly annoying with so little content. 

Finally, letting the Drought lynch kill discussion does nobody any good. Therefore, it’s my hope to get an analysis of each lower-activity player in before the Day concludes. 

2 hours ago, May I suggest The Only Joe said:

Might I suggest Elsecaller instead? It was a role in LG30 that did exactly what you just described, and wouldn't have broken the known naming convention :P 

In a way, this break with the known naming convention bothers me as it already burned the spammer team once, but not enough to retract my vote, because as Fifth pointed out, swapping targets didn't explain the multiple action failures. Just to ensure the record is correct though: @Furamirionind, did your action fail because it was redirected, or because it was redirected to Drought?

@Snipexe, who did you target before getting redirected?

1 hour ago, Aranduensis said:

Might I suggest Elsecaller instead? It was a role in LG30 that did exactly what you just described, and wouldn't have broken the known naming convention 

Yeah. It does break the naming convention, but it is what I have.

(As a side note, I'd guess that Joe didn't expect us to focus in on Naming Conventions, and thusly not all names matched the convention, because it did not matter much to Joe and Crimsn)

At this point, there is little I can do to stop my lynch, so I'll focus on some Analysis before I die, and see if I can do anything useful for the village. 

EDIT: Due to timing I may not actually be able to get around to doing any Analysis before the cycle ends, tommorow is a busy day for me. If I do not get around to it, my apologies 

Edited by May I suggest The Only Joe

2 hours ago, Snipexe said:

I targeted CadCom

Aaaahhh you targeted me? I take the fact that xino is still alive as indication that your action against me must have been a positive action?

-------

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion. That Joe is a disease. But an inevitable disease The Joe faction basically has the goal to have everyone join that additional secondary wincon prior to the eliminators winning.  

There are some, like fura who are simply going to ignore the secondary wincon of the Joe faction. But I think that, even though I despise the mechanic, after having also been converted, it takes away from the intended playout that the GM had originally imagined. Therefore I will, unlike some others, continue to play with the additional role I have. But if i believe an action available to me is more important at the time, then I will do that action. Anyway, I'm going to try my best to cooperate with all. Except you spammers. I don't want to cooperate with you. You are evil.

My weekend has been busier than I had hoped, and thus haven't quite had the time yet to sit and do a player analysis. I might have some time tonight, but it depends on how things go at work. For now, I have a few brief thoughts.

17 hours ago, Seventh Saint said:

It was I who allowed the Alliance to know the location of the shield generator who killed Rath. This means the Spambots did not kill last night, or tried to take out someone that was protected. If any protection roles for the village know there was a failed attack, please say so.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. (Excuse me while I put on my tin-foil hat.) I accept everyone was super suspicious of the Joe faction, and thus killing one of us makes sense, especially Rath, because learning their roles and alignment helped verify my own scan. What I can't let go is that Rath openly said they had a scan they planned to use. 

I very well might be tunneling on Fifth, but I feel like it could just be claiming the kill on Rath as wanting to verify the Joe claims, while actually attempting to prevent another scan.

It would also give the spammers the added benefit of attempting to cast suspicion toward the less active players.

As I've said, and hopefully will actually get to soon, I'm going to do some analysis hopefully tonight, but if not by tomorrow night at the latest, before rollover.

As the original JOE, I'll be actively converting people and trying to meet said secondary wincon, no matter how annoying it may be to some people. However, I will consider it at least a partial victory, personally, if the village wins but not everyone is JOE.

I'm also lucky because the conversion is my only action.

Also @A Joe in the Bush, question:

Did the RNG spit out this role for me, or did you assign it yourself just to troll me, because of my (Lum's) whole shtick of refusing the Joe identity?

Traveling from comp.

My action failed because it was redirected, not because of any abilities of drought. Drought may have abilities to fail my action, or someone may have done something, but from what I gather, my actions come rather late in the turn order, so I think it failed because I was redirected, not because i was prevented.

I dont know what to talk about. Some people have been mentioning Bard, and he is on my list of people to keep an eye on... so I will poke bard for now.  I will be on before rollover, though it could be anytime from 5pm-11:59pm...

Xino

Metabardnition

...OK, what is going on.

I have a correction to make. I saw my action hadn't gone through, but I didn't know why, and the GM's had gone offline. I thought that, like Night 2, it was simply because I had been roleblocked, and I'd targeted Drought, so I posted to the thread with the information I had. Joe got back to me when they came back online (which I saw just now), and my action failed because I'd been redirected to Itiah, due to a peculiarity of my role. @I think I am here., guess it was me who targeted you yesterday. Sorry, I didn't realise that until now.

So... What the storms happened with the redirects last turn?

List of redirects:

Fura: ? -> Drought
Bard: Drought -> Itiah
Snip: CadCom -> Xino

I can't spot any pattern here - unless there's some sort of big loop where my target was given to Fura, and Fura's was given to Snip, or something, but I'd be interested in hearing anyone else who was redirected to try and figure out this mess.

In the meantime, Drought, since it does look like I may have jumped the gun. Did you target Fura and I yesterday?

This doesn't look like a SookeSiled action, since all of the people who mentioned the redirection sent in orders. It's too chaotic for a villager to have used it, I think, so I'm inclined to believe it's the Spambot convert action that caused this (at least in part).

EDIT: Ha, @Furamirionind, you have impeccable timing - poke-voting me just as I was putting the finishing touches on my post. :P

Edited by Metabardnition

Alright, so with Metabard's new info, Drought. I'm still not fully trusting of you, but you no longer look like Beirst.

1 hour ago, Metabardnition said:

I can't spot any pattern here - unless there's some sort of big loop where my target was given to Fura, and Fura's was given to Snip, or something, but I'd be interested in hearing anyone else who was redirected to try and figure out this mess.

I targeted CadCom last night, and since it seems he was converted, Snipexe was targeted specifically with a redirect for his action. I find it unusual that Xino would redirect an unknown action onto himself, so either there's another redirect or Xino was affected by SookeSiled who targeted Snipexe.

It's quite possible that Drought is telling the truth, and Fura targeted Itiah which is why it was redirected to Drought. I also don't blame him for using swapping actions against himself, since we were openly calling for him to be killed last night.

I now have questions about Itiah, and why all these actions are failing against them. (Yes, I know it could be because of particularities of actions, but it's also possible that Drought was targeted by the Crusader, the action was redirected to Beirst!Itiah, who lived.) So for now, Itiah.

EDIT: I'm doing an analysis now, but have a question. @A Joe in the Bush, would Vashikaran's roleblock block a vote?

Edited by Elandera

45 minutes ago, Elandera said:

I now have questions about Itiah, and why all these actions are failing against them. (Yes, I know it could be because of particularities of actions, but it's also possible that Drought was targeted by the Crusader, the action was redirected to Beirst!Itiah, who lived.) So for now, Itiah.

Hello! You said “all these actions are failing against them” I don’t really know what actions you’re referring too, except for my PM that I was targeted and no other information can be received, which is one action. Isn’t Bierst the one who can’t be targeted by anything except the lynch? I was targeted by vote manipulation in the Road-Guest lynch, remember?

Just now, I think I am here. said:

Hello! You said “all these actions are failing against them” I don’t really know what actions you’re referring too, except for my PM that I was targeted and no other information can be received, which is one action. Isn’t Bierst the one who can’t be targeted by anything except the lynch? I was targeted by vote manipulation in the Road-Guest lynch, remember?

The other actions would include Metabard's action, and the hypothetical Crusader action. That's true, you were targeted by manipulation, so you wouldn't be Beirst. However, I'm working on another theory currently, so standby while I wait for an answer from the GMs. :) Depending on the answer, I might remove my vote.

15 minutes ago, Elandera said:

The other actions would include Metabard's action, and the hypothetical Crusader action. That's true, you were targeted by manipulation, so you wouldn't be Beirst. However, I'm working on another theory currently, so standby while I wait for an answer from the GMs. :) Depending on the answer, I might remove my vote.

If Itiah is a spammer, he or a teammate is almost guaranteed to be a redirecter..

...Why am I still awake? I should be as... ZZzzzzzzzz.....

1 hour ago, Elandera said:

Alright, so with Metabard's new info, Drought. I'm still not fully trusting of you, but you no longer look like Beirst.

I targeted CadCom last night, and since it seems he was converted, Snipexe was targeted specifically with a redirect for his action. I find it unusual that Xino would redirect an unknown action onto himself, so either there's another redirect or Xino was affected by SookeSiled who targeted Snipexe.

It's quite possible that Drought is telling the truth, and Fura targeted Itiah which is why it was redirected to Drought. I also don't blame him for using swapping actions against himself, since we were openly calling for him to be killed last night.

EDIT: I'm doing an analysis now, but have a question. @A Joe in the Bush, would Vashikaran's roleblock block a vote?

No