The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

8 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

He scoffed at the idea of being told what to do. But a one star review… Lunamor turned to face Dreamsmith, one of the new waiters.

”Please come in here and, uh, keep health inspector company.”

“Okay!” The Dreamsmith walked over to the health inspector. “How are you doing?”

@Ookla the Silver

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

Elan downed the contents. It burned as it went down his throat, and he snapped awake. "WHAT IS THIS?!" He roared. "I WANTED THE METALBORN SNAP! IT'S WHAT I ORDERED! -5/5 STARS!" He shouts.

Aw frick

Lunamor paled.

Storms, storms, storms!

”I am so, so sorry. This health inspector, he has been harrying me. Here, have a refund and apology spheres.”

Lunamor reached into his pockets and set down quite a lot of spheres, far more than the cost of the angry man‘s order. He then practically dashed into the kitchen, preparing the Metalborn Snap and taking care that the proper amounts of metal were included along with a hint of atium. Dashing back, he set the drink in front of the man, its contents still sloshing.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor paled.

Storms, storms, storms!

”I am so, so sorry. This health inspector, he has been harrying me. Here, have a refund and apology spheres.”

Lunamor reached into his pockets and set down quite a lot of spheres, far more than the cost of the angry man‘s order. He then practically dashed into the kitchen, preparing the Metalborn Snap and taking care that the proper amounts of metal were included along with a hint of atium. Dashing back, he set the drink in front of the man, its contents still sloshing.

Elan calms down, drinking the Metalborn Snap contentedly. "Thank you." Elan said. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

Elan calms down, drinking the Metalborn Snap contentedly. "Thank you." Elan said. 

Lunamor nodded, relieved that the man had calmed down.

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

“Sure!” The Dreamsmith looked around. “If you uh, know where it is. I haven’t been in here often.”

Lunamor shuffled back over to the kitchen, not wanting to leave the poor waiter with the insufferable inspector.

“Thank you for your patience. Dreamsmith, there is a new customer. Please help him.”

He gestured to the tall and thin man who had just walked in. He looked at the inspector.

”We have a bathroom. He is in the back. Follow me.”

He led the inspector out of the kitchen and to a simple door in the other corner of the restaurant. Pushing it open, he revealed what appeared to be a single chamber pot.

”You may inspect if you wish. I would not recommend it.”

@Ookla the Silver

@Ookla of Void

22 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor nodded, relieved that the man had calmed down.

Lunamor shuffled back over to the kitchen, not wanting to leave the poor waiter with the insufferable inspector.

“Thank you for your patience. Dreamsmith, there is a new customer. Please help him.”

He gestured to the tall and thin man who had just walked in. He looked at the inspector.

”We have a bathroom. He is in the back. Follow me.”

He led the inspector out of the kitchen and to a simple door in the other corner of the restaurant. Pushing it open, he revealed what appeared to be a single chamber pot.

”You may inspect if you wish. I would not recommend it.”

@Ookla the Silver

@Ookla of Void

He nods "that's up to code at least." 

"I shall be going now,  please fix these violations within 2 months or your establishment will be shut down."

He hands you a scroll.

"Good day"

He exits

1 hour ago, Ookla the Silver said:

He nods "that's up to code at least." 

"I shall be going now,  please fix these violations within 2 months or your establishment will be shut down."

He hands you a scroll.

"Good day"

He exits

Lunamor stared daggers into the man’s back, then opened up the scroll.

What’s it say?

A tall, skinny man with greasy hair stumbled into the restaurant, not that you could see any of that. He was holding a rather large pile of scrolls, books, maps and all the above. It was with an unmistakable crash that this cascade landed upon a table. Sliding... into Fr's lap... 

Not seeing Fr in the slightest, the man sat down and began the progress of sorting his scrolls and all the above once again, frequently muttering curses.

@OokIa the Believer

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor stared daggers into the man’s back, then opened up the scroll.

The scroll rolls on and on, until it reaches the floor and keeps rolling. 

• Remove burn marks,
  • Remove sink. 
  • Get rid of that bubbling soap
  • Fill out forms Hazardous drinks- 1a-45c
  • Apply for very hot foods permit
  • Make sure the doorway is the correct size.
  • Solve rotting smell
  • Remove vials of glowing fluid unless it is a class-C consumable object

The list goes on and on, having issues with essentially everything in the restaurant. At the end, it recommends bulldozing the entire building and starting agian.

Muhaha 

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

The scroll rolls on and on, until it reaches the floor and keeps rolling. 

• Remove burn marks,
  • Remove sink. 
  • Get rid of that bubbling soap
  • Fill out forms Hazardous drinks- 1a-45c
  • Apply for very hot foods permit
  • Make sure the doorway is the correct size.
  • Solve rotting smell
  • Remove vials of glowing fluid unless it is a class-C consumable object

The list goes on and on, having issues with essentially everything in the restaurant. At the end, it recommends bulldozing the entire building and starting agian.

The paper crumpled in Lunamor’s hand. He threw it in the trash, grumbling. If the list of complaints was really that long, then he just wouldn’t fix any of them. He knew Kaladin, and Kaladin could probably convince whoever was in charge to leave his restaurant alone.

a.k.a. Do you know who I am??

Lunamor grabbed a bottle of Horneater White and shuffled over to the bar, pouring himself a glass large enough to cause most airsick lowlanders great internal damage.

Edited by Lunamor

Just now, Lunamor said:

The paper crumpled in Lunamor’s hand. He threw it in the trash, grumbling. If the list of complaints was really that long, then he just wouldn’t fix any of them. He knew Kaladin, and Kaladin could probably convince whoever was in charge to leave his restaurant alone.

Lunamor grabbed a bottle of Horneater White and shuffled over to the bar, pouring himself a glass that would cause most airsick lowlanders great internal damage.

They'll fine you for destroying the paper! 

:P

16 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor grabbed a bottle of Horneater White and shuffled over to the bar, pouring himself a glass large enough to cause most airsick lowlanders great internal damage.

Ash glanced at him. " that's quite a big glass you have there, friend," Her words were slightly slurred and her vision was beginning to  go blurry. " What's the trouble?"

@Lunamor

5 minutes ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Ash glanced at him. " that's quite a big glass you have there, friend," Her words were slightly slurred and her vision was beginning to  go blurry. " What's the trouble?"

@Lunamor

“Health inspector. He is ridiculous! He gives me forms in Azish when I can barely read Alethi. Hates sinks. Says everything about my restaurant is wrong. Wants me to fix it or pay many fines. I will do neither.”

He set down his now empty glass. The wine didn’t seem to have impacted him at all. But Ash wasn’t faring as well as he did. He made a mental note not to give her any more alcohol.

”Do you have any trouble? You have had too much white for a lowlander.”

Just now, Lunamor said:

“Health inspector. He is ridiculous! He gives me forms in Azish when I can barely read Alethi. Hates sinks. Says everything about my restaurant is wrong. Wants me to fix it or pay many fines. I will do neither.”

He set down his now empty glass. The wine didn’t seem to have impacted him at all. But Ash wasn’t faring as well as he did. He made a mental note not to give her any more alcohol.

”Do you have any trouble? You have had too much white for a lowlander.”

" I can take care of the inspector if you need me to." She reached down and tugged the knife from her belt and slammed it point-first into the bar. " Maybe I do drink too much, I figure I got a good reason. If you're drunk, you don't have to care anymore." She wasn't quite aware of what she was saying and her mind felt nice and fuzzy, like she could sink into it and never come out. "Aye, that's the best part. you get to fade and no one cares. and you can keep going and everything will disappear. forever. That's what happened to my pa, brother too." She raked a hand over her eyes, squinting back at Lunamor. "I'm glad there's no one left to care." 

7 hours ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

" I can take care of the inspector if you need me to." She reached down and tugged the knife from her belt and slammed it point-first into the bar. " Maybe I do drink too much, I figure I got a good reason. If you're drunk, you don't have to care anymore." She wasn't quite aware of what she was saying and her mind felt nice and fuzzy, like she could sink into it and never come out. "Aye, that's the best part. you get to fade and no one cares. and you can keep going and everything will disappear. forever. That's what happened to my pa, brother too." She raked a hand over her eyes, squinting back at Lunamor. "I'm glad there's no one left to care." 

Lunamor winced at the dagger marring his poor bar, but held back from chastising Ash.

“The inspector, he is fine. I feel like I want to kill him, but I don’t want to kill him, you know? But I appreciate the gesture.”

He carefully twisted the knife out of the wood and handed it back to her, sliding her glass away.

”I am sorry about your family. I lost mine brother as well. But that does not mean there will always be no one who cares. I found friends. We were all supposed to die, but we helped each other. It’s why I am still here. You have been kind to a stranger. You offered to kill someone for me immediately. I think you will find friends too.”

Edited by Lunamor

Just now, Lunamor said:

Lunamor winced at the dagger marring his poor bar, but held back from chastising Ash.

“The inspector, he is fine. I feel like I want to kill him, but I don’t want to kill him, you know? But I appreciate the gesture.”

He carefully twisted the knife out of the wood and handed it back to her, sliding her glass away.

”I am sorry about your family. I lost mine as well. But that does not mean there will always be no one who cares. I found friends. We were all supposed to die, but we helped each other. It’s why I am still here. You have been kind to a stranger. You offered to kill someone for me immediately. I think you will find friends too.”

Ash took back the knife, but fumbled with it, dropping it point first. It sliced a deep gash down the outside of her calf and through her trousers. As she watched the blood spill from the wound, her mind went blank and she passed out.

7 minutes ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Ash took back the knife, but fumbled with it, dropping it point first. It sliced a deep gash down the outside of her calf and through her trousers. As she watched the blood spill from the wound, her mind went blank and she passed out.

Lunamor grabbed a bar rag and tightly wrapped it around Ash’s leg. Then, he placed a hand against the side of the wall.

”Sibling? I must speak to Navani.”

He waited for a moment.

”Yes, this is Rock. How are you?”

He paused.

”Good, good. So, someone got injured in my restaurant-“

He paused.

”Yes, again, I know. It was not my fault!”

He paused.

”Yes, please. Thank you. I will try not to let this happen again.”

A few minutes later, Renarin ran through the door, puffing. Lunamor instructed him to heal Ash’s leg. Renarin obliged, then gave him a bridge four salute and ran back out the door. The stormlight also removed the alcohol in her system.

Ash sat up gasping, her eyes focusing and taking in her surroundings. she was lying on the floor, a few of the customers gathered around her. She swore softly, automatically reaching for her knife. It wasn't in her belt, but was on the floor a few feet away. she grasped it and tucked it back in her belt before accepting an offered hand and pulling herself to her feet. She was surprised to find that she no longer felt drunk, and she swore again. Of all the storming work I have to do! She looked down, surveying the bloodied rip in her pant leg and the unbroken skin underneath. " That was a stupid mistake." she said, in an attempt to clear the crowd. she cleared her throat and shot a few glares at the patrons who were still hovering, scaring them away. Ash rubbed her temples with one hand before sitting back at the bar and placing her head in her hands. "Might I have another glass of white?" she asked, not looking up.