The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

On 12/4/2023 at 5:45 AM, OokIa the Believer said:

sorry, I've had a few things going on.

"The science of magic!" he said offhandedly, pulling out a small gem and putting it on the table. It wasn't Stormlight. It glowed with an ethereal light, an almost... reverse light. "This," he said, touching a few different metals to the gem, causing light to reflect around the restaurant, "Is anti light. It isn't anti stormlight or anti void light. This, this.." he grinned, pulling out a glowing emerald broam and bringing it near to it, "this is something entirely different." The broam met the anti light. There was a pop and the broam shattered. Wisps of stormlight visibly moved away form the light, clawing away to the cognitive realm. "I don't know what it is, but I will find out. It is anti light, we know that for sure. That scholar from the university said so, though she didn't know which one it was..."

4 hours ago, Ookla the Black Sock said:

"The science of magic!" he said offhandedly, pulling out a small gem and putting it on the table. It wasn't Stormlight. It glowed with an ethereal light, an almost... reverse light. "This," he said, touching a few different metals to the gem, causing light to reflect around the restaurant, "Is anti light. It isn't anti stormlight or anti void light. This, this.." he grinned, pulling out a glowing emerald broam and bringing it near to it, "this is something entirely different." The broam met the anti light. There was a pop and the broam shattered. Wisps of stormlight visibly moved away form the light, clawing away to the cognitive realm. "I don't know what it is, but I will find out. It is anti light, we know that for sure. That scholar from the university said so, though she didn't know which one it was..."

Your fine. I actually think it is very nice to do an rp at a slower pace.

“…What is Storm light, and how can you anti light? Also, you just wasted a ton of money! That gem just broke!”

1 minute ago, OokIa the Believer said:

“…What is Storm light, and how can you anti light? Also, you just wasted a ton of money! That gem just broke!”

"So those are money... huh." He rubbed his chin, pulling out a small metal disc with a hole in the middle, "So these aren't money here? Interesting..." he seemed to ponder that for a minute, "No word for-" he said a word in what seemed to be a different language, "-Here? Roshar is so backwards... Using spheres for money... We did that back where I come from, but in a different way..."

I think Hoid would be proud of that one.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Black Sock said:

"So those are money... huh." He rubbed his chin, pulling out a small metal disc with a hole in the middle, "So these aren't money here? Interesting..." he seemed to ponder that for a minute, "No word for-" he said a word in what seemed to be a different language, "-Here? Roshar is so backwards... Using spheres for money... We did that back where I come from, but in a different way..."

Wait what is money here?

“…Where do you come from? And… where are we? I just was…I actually don’t remember. I remember fighting, and ending up here.” He rubbed his head. “And my head hurts.”

1 minute ago, OokIa the Believer said:

“…Where do you come from? And… where are we? I just was…I actually don’t remember. I remember fighting, and ending up here.” He rubbed his head. “And my head hurts.”

You're on roshar so spheres 

6 minutes ago, OokIa the Believer said:

He blinked, looking at FR, "Roshar. Urithiru. At least, that's what I think it is..."

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Black Sock said:

He blinked, looking at FR, "Roshar. Urithiru. At least, that's what I think it is..."

“…Sorry what were you saying a seem to have lost track. Tell me about this light.” For was genuinely interested, but he didn’t know why. He looked at the gems, and picked up a fallen book.

Edited by OokIa the Believer

3 minutes ago, OokIa the Believer said:

“…Sorry what were you saying a seem to have lost track. Tell me about this light.” For was genuinely interested, but he didn’t know why. He looked at the gems, and picked up a fallen book.

The man frowned, but did as asked, "It's far different than any I, or anyone in my organization, has ever encountered... It's remarkable! The light itself reacts when it comes into contact with organic material, which is why we keep it in spheres rather than other options. If one touches it, it starts to decay. Sand would be horrifying if let out in a breeze," he said, smiling as if he'd told a joke everyone would understand. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Black Sock said:

The man frowned, but did as asked, "It's far different than any I, or anyone in my organization, has ever encountered... It's remarkable! The light itself reacts when it comes into contact with organic material, which is why we keep it in spheres rather than other options. If one touches it, it starts to decay. Sand would be horrifying if let out in a breeze," he said, smiling as if he'd told a joke everyone would understand. 

“…Ok… but what do you mean light? That was not light. It was some sort of mist kinda thing.” Who is this guy? 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

Elan is just about to post the poor review of the restaurant when suddenly he dies, his body going limp on his table. 

“Not again!”

Lunamor goes up to the apparently dead man and pokes him with a spatula.

On 12/4/2023 at 6:10 AM, Ookla of Ravens said:

Sleeper wanders in, then promptly faceplants. He was barely awake.

@Canada Lover, please get this man to a table. This guy, I think he is dead?”

Lunamor poked him with the spatula again.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

“Not again!”

His body flops to the floor.

Yep. 

It's dead.

2 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Not again!”

sleeper breathes. his eyes are flitting underneath his eyelids.

10 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Not again!”

A man who looks suspiciously like the health inspector but with red hair, walks in. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

His body flops to the floor.

Yep. 

It's dead.

Lunamor curses up a storm in Unkalaki. He grabs the man and slings him over his shoulder, trekking to the nearest Edgedancer clinic. He dumps him on the nearest empty bed.

”This man, he’s dead. I do not know him.”

Lunamor then turns around and makes his way back to the restaurant without another word.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

A man who looks suspiciously like the health inspector but with red hair, walks in. 

Lunamor walks back in and starts cursing again, quieter this time.

”Welcome. What do you want today?”

His tone is completely flat.

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor walks back in and starts cursing again, quieter this time.

”Welcome. What do you want today?”

His tone is completely flat.

"Can I have the soup of the day?" He says.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Silver said:

"Can I have the soup of the day?" He says.

Lunamor thought for a moment.

“Stew of the day… I will bring him.”

Lunamor shuffled off to the kitchen and retrieved some simple soup. He made certain there was nothing odd about or in it. He handed it to the “not inspector”.

4 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor thought for a moment.

“Stew of the day… I will bring him.”

Lunamor shuffled off to the kitchen and retrieved some simple soup. He made certain there was nothing odd about or in it. He handed it to the “not inspector”.

He slurps it up in one giant gulp. He pays and asks "may I have more?"

54 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

He slurps it up in one giant gulp. He pays and asks "may I have more?"

“Um… sure?”

What strange tactics was this man using? Some sort of psychological trickery? 

Lunamor refilled his stew, taking care to follow proper sanitary protocols, and handed it back to him cautiously.

Just now, Lunamor said:

“Um… sure?”

What strange tactics was this man using? Some sort of psychological trickery? 

Lunamor refilled his stew, taking care to follow proper sanitary protocols, and handed it back to him cautiously.

He sits down and drinks this one too, but slowly this time.