The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

3 minutes ago, TheOokla929 said:

Variations on Stew intensifies, this time in a minor key conveying a slightly annoyed tone. 

The waiter sensed The Soundtrack wanted some regular stew. They went back to start making it.

6 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I have been running the restaurant in your short absence. We have a new customer now!

7 hours ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor nodded to Ash, then shuffled over to the new customer.

“The Metalborn Snap, he is very good for waking up. Do you want one?”

@Ookla the Prehistoric

3 hours ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

“Uhh… yeah.”

“Wonderful. I will bring this drink soon.”

39 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

The Dreamsmith walked into the restaurant and approached Lunamor, an unreadable expression on his face. "I want a job."

@Lunamor

Lunamor turned to head into the kitchen, but stopped and swiveled on his heel to face yet another new person. Had the Shin Saloon closed down and sent all of its customers and employees here? Well, Lunamor had little reason to complain.

”A job?”

Lunamor looked him up and down.

”The Happy Inquisitor needs more waiters.”

21 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“Wonderful. I will bring this drink soon.”

Lunamor turned to head into the kitchen, but stopped and swiveled on his heel to face yet another new person. Had the Shin Saloon closed down and sent all of its customers and employees here? Well, Lunamor had little reason to complain.

”A job?”

"Thank you..." Elan says, then passes out.

The man rips off his wig and pulls out a clipboard.
"I am the health inspector"

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

"Thank you..." Elan says, then passes out.

He nudges him with his foot "Thats a violation"

56 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

”A job?”

The Dreamsmith grinned, mechanical jaw puffing out a burst of steam. “That’s exactly the job I was going to apply for. I desperately need the experience.”

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

The Dreamsmith grinned, mechanical jaw puffing out a burst of steam. “That’s exactly the job I was going to apply for. I desperately need the experience.”

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

The man rips off his wig and pulls out a clipboard.
"I am the health inspector"

He nudges him with his foot "Thats a violation"

Lunamor smiled at the fabrial-like man.

“Great! So, what qualifications do you…”

He heard a man dramatically speaking behind him. Something about a violation?

The health inspector.

”You know what? Here’s an apron. I’ll fill you in later.”

Lunamor shoved the article of clothing into the new hire’s arms and hurried over to the health inspector. He adjusted his apron and not-so-surreptitiously brushed off some oddly glowing crumbs.

“Hello sir! I am Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor, welcome to The Happy Inquisitor. How can I help you today?”

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

The health inspector.

"Great! I'll get started right away." The Dreamsmith put on his apron and walked off to go look for customers in need of help.

2 hours ago, Lunamor said:

The health inspector.

Lunamor shoved the article of clothing into the new hire’s arms and hurried over to the health inspector. He adjusted his apron and not-so-surreptitiously brushed off some oddly glowing crumbs.

“Hello sir! I am Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor, welcome to The Happy Inquisitor. How can I help you today?”

"I have some... concerns. May I see your kitchen?"

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

"I have some... concerns. May I see your kitchen?"

“Sure.”

Lunamor led the inspector to the back of the restaurant, pushing open a set of double doors. Inside, it was a confusing mix of organized and chaotic. A wide variety of ingredients lined the shelves, neatly tucked into place; mysterious vials that glittered, glowed, and smoked. In one corner, there was a vat of some sort with an odor reminiscent of freshly baked cookies. Little glints of metal floated within it. Rows of impeccably maintained stoves and ovens filled the room, but left plenty of space for maneuvering. There was also, of course, a sink. Lunamor wasn’t about to give his customers food poisoning.

But there were also burn marks adorning the walls. Oddly colored stains that Lunamor couldn’t figure out how to remove. Something that smelled like it was rotting, but out of sight. A distant dripping noise. One could have sworn that they saw movement within the murky liquid of a polished vial.

1 minute ago, Lunamor said:

“Sure.”

Lunamor led the inspector to the back of the restaurant, pushing open a set of double doors. Inside, it was a confusing mix of organized and chaotic. A wide variety of ingredients lined the shelves, neatly tucked into place; mysterious vials that glittered, glowed, and smoked. In one corner, there was a vat of some sort with an odor reminiscent of freshly baked cookies. Little glints of metal floated within it. Rows of impeccably maintained stoves and ovens filled the room, but left plenty of space for maneuvering. There was also, of course, a sink. Lunamor wasn’t about to give his customers food poisoning.

But there were also burn marks adorning the walls. Oddly colored stains that Lunamor couldn’t figure out how to remove. Something that smelled like it was rotting, but out of sight. A distant dripping noise. One could have sworn that they saw movement within the murky liquid of a polished vial.

He wrinkles his nose and walks up to the sink, Taps on it and says "When did you get your plumbing checked?"

16 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

He wrinkles his nose and walks up to the sink, Taps on it and says "When did you get your plumbing checked?"

“Our plumbing? He has not been checked.”

Lunamor nervously shifted.

”Was he supposed to be checked?”

1 hour ago, Lunamor said:

“Both. The Sibiling had plumbing, but I made the sink. He is very state-of-the-art.”

Lunamor proudly puffed up his chest.

"Can I see form... let's see... Plumbing-23-B? That's the form for plumbing add ons."

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

"Can I see form... let's see... Plumbing-23-B? That's the form for plumbing add ons."

Lunamor narrowed his eyes. No one had told him about any forms. Who had sent this inspector?

”I have not filled this out.”