The Happy Inquisitor: A Restaurant

Lunamor

1 minute ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Ash sat up gasping, her eyes focusing and taking in her surroundings. she was lying on the floor, a few of the customers gathered around her. She swore softly, automatically reaching for her knife. It wasn't in her belt, but was on the floor a few feet away. she grasped it and tucked it back in her belt before accepting an offered hand and pulling herself to her feet. She was surprised to find that she no longer felt drunk, and she swore again. Of all the storming work I have to do! She looked down, surveying the bloodied rip in her pant leg and the unbroken skin underneath. " That was a stupid mistake." she said, in an attempt to clear the crowd. she cleared her throat and shot a few glares at the patrons who were still hovering, scaring them away. Ash rubbed her temples with one hand before sitting back at the bar and placing her head in her hands. "Might I have another glass of white?" she asked, not looking up.

“I… would not recommend that. Unless you are trying to wind up with a matching scar on your other leg.”

Lunamor took back the bloody rag, hoping he could clean it later. 

“You need stew. He is good for your stomach.”

Before she could respond, Lunamor went back into the kitchen. He quickly whipped up some stew and brought it to Ash.

7 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

A tall, skinny man with greasy hair stumbled into the restaurant, not that you could see any of that. He was holding a rather large pile of scrolls, books, maps and all the above. It was with an unmistakable crash that this cascade landed upon a table. Sliding... into Fr's lap... 

Not seeing Fr in the slightest, the man sat down and began the progress of sorting his scrolls and all the above once again, frequently muttering curses.

@OokIa the Believer

Sorry for the long delay

Fr sat stunned. “Hello?” He said. What…are you doing?” He gathered a few off the scrolls.

58 minutes ago, Ookla of Void said:

The skinny kid at the door speaks again "Quite the place you got he," he says "I'm Seriv, do you have any Rough stew? Maybe a beer from there as well, I miss that unique taste."

The Dreamsmith hurries over to Seriv. “Apologies for the wait. You say you’re from the Roughs? I believe we have a certified Rough’s-standard stew on our menu. Although I will have to ask you not to ask what’s in it, as we’re already in enough trouble with the health inspectors.”

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

The Dreamsmith hurries over to Seriv. “Apologies for the wait. You say you’re from the Roughs? I believe we have a certified Rough’s-standard stew on our menu. Although I will have to ask you not to ask what’s in it, as we’re already in enough trouble with the health inspectors.”

The inspector's wig looms from the corner

32 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

"Thanks," Seriv says "And if a hyper man comes in later... I'M NOT HERE. Rusts why won't that man leave me alone for 10 MINUTES! Anyways, I would love some stew."

4 hours ago, Ookla of Void said:

"Thanks," Seriv says "And if a hyper man comes in later... I'M NOT HERE. Rusts why won't that man leave me alone for 10 MINUTES! Anyways, I would love some stew."

"Excellent. I'll go grab some from the kitchens." The Dreamsmith hurried into the kitchens. "Lunamor? I need an order of Roughs stew."

@Lunamor

2 hours ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

"Excellent. I'll go grab some from the kitchens." The Dreamsmith hurried into the kitchens. "Lunamor? I need an order of Roughs stew."

@Lunamor

“I… have never heard of Roughs stew. Is he a stew with extra shells?”

Lunamor was a bit embarrassed by not knowing what a certain type of stew was. 

Edited by Lunamor

20 hours ago, OokIa the Believer said:

Fr sat stunned. “Hello?” He said. What…are you doing?” He gathered a few off the scrolls.

storms, I absolutely forgot about this-

The man blinked, looking up, "Oh! I'm sorry... were you sitting here? I just need a place to study... I can move all of this to another table!" He started to try to lift it all at once, spilling even more onto the floor and around the table. "Rust and ruin..." he muttered.

43 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

“…no.”

Lunamor rooted around in the kitchen for a moment.

”Would cremlings work?”

“I can make it work. Give it here and I’ll put it in.”

The Dreamsmith began boiling a pot of water, then pulled a few vials from his pockets and began adding spices.

Edited by Ookla the Name-Stolen

1 minute ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

“I can make it work. Give it here and I’ll put it in.”

The Dreamsmith began boiling a pot of water, then pulled a few vials from his pockets and began adding spices.

Lunamor nodded, dumping some cremlings on the counter. He stepped back, but not very far. Lunamor wanted to make sure the stew was of the highest quality.

22 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor nodded, dumping some cremlings on the counter. He stepped back, but not very far. Lunamor wanted to make sure the stew was of the highest quality.

The Dreamsmith diced the cremling with a knife made of clear crystal and dumped it into the stew. Then, glancing around to make sure the health inspector wasn’t watching, he dumped in the secret ingredient: a powder made from one part gunpowder, two parts dried Koloss spit, and five parts coal dust.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

The Dreamsmith diced the cremling with a knife made of clear crystal and dumped it into the stew. Then, glancing around to make sure the health inspector wasn’t watching, he dumped in the secret ingredient: a powder made from one part gunpowder, two parts dried Koloss spit, and five parts coal dust.

Lunamor had no idea what the powder was. Dreamsmith had been proven reliable so far, though…

”This stew, I think he is good. Thank you for preparing him.”

Poor Lunamor would die if he knew what was in that 😆

9 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor had no idea what the powder was. Dreamsmith had been proven reliable so far, though…

”This stew, I think he is good. Thank you for preparing him.”

"No problem." The Dreamsmith added the seasoned cremling and broth to a pot of beans he'd prepared separately, then ladled out a bowl for Steriv and took it out to him.

"Your stew, sir. Did you say you wanted beer to go with it?"

@Ookla of Void

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

"No problem." The Dreamsmith added the seasoned cremling and broth to a pot of beans he'd prepared separately, then ladled out a bowl for Steriv and took it out to him.

"Your stew, sir. Did you say you wanted beer to go with it?"

Lunamor stepped outside of the kitchen and watched this interaction intently. He couldn’t afford a major slip-up immediately after being threatened by that storming health inspector.

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Lunamor stepped outside of the kitchen and watched this interaction intently. He couldn’t afford a major slip-up immediately after being threatened by that storming health inspector.

The Dreamsmith hoped that Seriv had eaten genuine Roughs stew before. I wonder where the nearest Edgedancer clinic is?

12 hours ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

The wig vibrates with barely contained rage. 

17 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

The man blinked, looking up, "Oh! I'm sorry... were you sitting here? I just need a place to study... I can move all of this to another table!" He started to try to lift it all at once, spilling even more onto the floor and around the table. "Rust and ruin..." he muttered.

Don’t worry, I am on really briefly nows.

“No no, you can study here. I…don’t really have any preference. What are you studying?”

17 hours ago, Ookla the Name-Stolen said:

The Dreamsmith hoped that Seriv had eaten genuine Roughs stew before. I wonder where the nearest Edgedancer clinic is?

Seriv takes the stew from Dreamsmith's hands. "Thanks, and a nice Rough beer would be welcomed." He goes to a table and sets the spoon aside. "Glad someone finally didn't give me beans...Those interactions were a waste of money." He takes a long pull on the bowl... "Ruination, I've missed the Roughs! My compliments to the chef, by the way."