The Last Post Wins!!!!!

51 minutes ago, Honorless said:

Given the enormity of what was done to him, and the fact that he was sentenced to death by Elhokar simply for doing something that insulted his position (how dare that darkeyes!) without even any consideration at all for an actual legal process because their law grants that kind of power to the king and lighteyes nobility. It being legal was kind of THE problem here. The law is at fault here. Don't go and join Nale here!

Yes, Kaladin got mad & passionate, made a public claim against a lighteyes, Elhokar got mad, sentenced him to death. I totally should be equally mad at both of them here. -_-

So you're saying more evidence for his ineptness? Gr8! 

Shallan noted his drawings & plans of Kholinar were really well done. Navani notes that he has a knack for planning the arrangement of a party area.

I am saying that Elhokar's assassination by Moash did make sense from Moash's PoV and didn't make me lose any sympathy towards his character.

I have never said that’s I agree with Nale, nor that I agree with their laws. Of course that’s a bad law. What I mean saying is that it is a law. 

I’m merely trying to look at all sides of the issue. I do agree with your opinion of Moash, simply not your opinion of Elhokar. But since I don’t want this to get toxic and many, many discussions along these lines do, I’m going to stop here. 

11 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I have finished the first book of Twilight :P

What did you think of it? 

3 hours ago, AonEne said:

I have never said that’s I agree with Nale, nor that I agree with their laws. Of course that’s a bad law. What I mean saying is that it is a law. 

I’m merely trying to look at all sides of the issue. I do agree with your opinion of Moash, simply not your opinion of Elhokar. But since I don’t want this to get toxic and many, many discussions along these lines do, I’m going to stop here. 

Just a comparison to the Ideals of Skyrunners, nothing more.

I would say that this forum is much less prone to toxicity compared to many other forums, if I gave offence I do apologize. This IS after all a forum for discussing Sanderson's works not our morality. Have a good day and lets agree to disagree.

6 hours ago, Honorless said:

Just a comparison to the Ideals of Skyrunners, nothing more.

I would say that this forum is much less prone to toxicity compared to many other forums, if I gave offence I do apologize. This IS after all a forum for discussing Sanderson's works not our morality. Have a good day and lets agree to disagree.

You mean Skybreakers? :D 

I have to agree with that; I’m just paranoid. You have a good day too! 

10 hours ago, AonEne said:

It’s ok. The flowery descriptions are sometimes a bit too over the top and Bella’s reaction to 

Spoiler

Edward leaving in the beginning of the second book

has caused me to lose quite a bit of respect for her character. 

8 hours ago, Sorana said:

But why????

Extreme curiosity and boredom :P

1 hour ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

If you're young enough to read, you're too young to die. 

I suppose that makes sense :P

5 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

It’s ok. The flowery descriptions are sometimes a bit too over the top and Bella’s reaction to 

Hide contents

Edward leaving in the beginning of the second book

has caused me to lose quite a bit of respect for her character. 

Stephanie Meyer actually acknowledged the flowery language in an author’s note in Life and Death (genderswapped tenth anniversary version of the first book, has some differences that are pretty interesting). It is on purpose, though yeah, sometimes it’s...yeah. :P 

Oof, agreed. Apparently that’s more of a magical effect than it first seems? I don’t like it either. 

Edit: @Honorless, I’m pretty sure I’ve taken the KR quiz, but it was a long time ago and I forgot what I got. I should take it again. Do you have a link? 

Edited by AonEne

Just now, AonEne said:

Stephanie Meyer actually acknowledged the flowery language in an author’s note in Life and Death (genderswapped tenth anniversary version of the first book, has some differences that are pretty interesting). It is on purpose, though yeah, sometimes it’s...yeah. :P 

Oof, agreed. Apparently that’s more of a magical effect than it first seems? I don’t like it either. 

Can be a bit distracting :P

I really, really hope it’s magical, otherwise Bella really needs a serious talk about she handles things.

Just now, Rebecca said:

My sister just did too. She read it in three days (which is like, the fastest she’s ever read a book). And she loved it.

Huh, cool!

3 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

I really, really hope it’s magical, otherwise Bella really needs a serious talk about she handles things.

Well, it is, but the explanation was a bit lacking. If my memory serves me, Alice explains it to her? I don’t know. Bella needs the talk anyway. 

25 minutes ago, Lunamor said:

Extreme curiosity and boredom :P

Well... if all of us liked the same books, it would be boring...

Regarding your spoiler:

Spoiler

The first book was alright, but that moment ruined the rest of the series for me. Worse was only the whole forth book. But otherwise, my dislike started with that reaction.

Just now, Sorana said:

Well... if all of us liked the same books, it would be boring...

Regarding your spoiler:

Hide contents

The first book was alright, but that moment ruined the rest of the series for me. Worse was only the whole forth book. But otherwise, my dislike started with that reaction.

Spoiler

Oof, I thought the fourth book improved on some of the problems. ...some of them. 

Spoilers Book Four below

Spoiler

I hated how Bella was this saviour and then their daughter... unneccessary. How Edward ripped their bed apart, that just was embarressing for me. And how she  suddenly felt herself better than humans and of course she had a special power....

@AonEne

No spoilers beyond book 1 below

Spoiler

And the sparkling. Never forget the sparkling vampire...

Edited by Sorana

Breaking Dawn spoilers 

Spoiler

Yep. That first two sentences, yep. 

I actually found her sudden change of views from both races being capable to humans no longer having their own strengths to be interesting. It makes me wonder if that would inevitably happen to anyone who became a vampire - is it even psychologically possible for them to think otherwise? Definitely a character flaw (because Bella needed more of those <_<), but possibly an intentional one. Who knows. 

I just accepted that she was a shield. That didn’t bother me; what bothered me was that she went from having to struggle and work for it to just having utter control over it in the climax. 

I will say that I find more problems in the series now than I did when I first read it, like with Harry Potter, and probably almost every other book ever. 

I don’t get why everyone hates the sparkles though :P sure, it’s an atypical view on that facet of supernatural lore, but that’s why I like it. It’s new, different. 

@Sorana

Edited by AonEne
@sorana

I'm going to try a similar strategy that was attempted a few pages back, but I'm hopefully going to make it better, hoping to help myself win. Please note, I in no way harbor judgement against anyone for having different thoughts about any of these characters. Please also note, that the following statements do not necessarily reflect my opinions on these different characters, just that they represent controversial opinions. 

The next person to post automatically thinks all of the below. 

1. Moash did nothing wrong.

2. Meridas Amaram did nothing wrong.

3. Torol Sadeas did nothing wrong.

4. The Lord Ruler is a true savior

5. Kelsier is a saint, with only the best interests of others in mind.

6. Vivenna should have stayed in Idris. 

1 minute ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I'm going to try a similar strategy that was attempted a few pages back, but I'm hopefully going to make it better, hoping to help myself win. Please note, I in no way harbor judgement against anyone for having different thoughts about any of these characters. Please also note, that the following statements do not necessarily reflect my opinions on these different characters, just that they represent controversial opinions. 

The next person to post automatically thinks all of the below. 

1. Moash did nothing wrong.

2. Meridas Amaram did nothing wrong.

3. Torol Sadeas did nothing wrong.

4. The Lord Ruler is a true savior

5. Kelsier is a saint, with only the best interests of others in mind.

6. Vivenna should have stayed in Idris. 

yXEiYQ4.png.7c2c7428ea7772ea133db91e6b404bb8.png

So, @Ethan_Sedai reversed it back to me

Then thankfully, @Butt Ad Venture reversed it back to Ethan, even though it wasn't his turn. (If we're playing normal UNO rules). 

But then Ethan use the NO U card to send it back to Butt Ad Venture? So Now It's completely avoided me! Perfect. I win!