The Chat Thread

Archer

3 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

The staff is staying. I already got rid of some other dramatic effect stuff, but the staff stays. Just give it 50 points, and call it a day.

To the savant thing: He has only had the mask for around ten years. Before that, he was just a tin misting, who happens to be an extraordinary fighter.

Additional weaknesses(Go from top to bottom if you don't need all of them)

1. He has so many problems with him that the person writing him sometimes forgets about some and accidentally rps with ones he doesn't have, cementing them for all eternity in his character. ;)
  2. Hates Sandlings.
  3. Hates slavers. A lot. If he meets a slaver, he will almost definitely kill them.
  4. If he thinks someone could be a worth challenge, he will go out of his way to fight them alone. 
  5. Will put curiosity before safety, which is also a weakness of Dusk, though his it to a lesser extent.
  6. He can't stop scheming. Ever. He is always scheming. If he went on a date for some reason, still scheming
  7. He has a soft spot for orphans. This one is really small, like 5 points maximum, but it is there so I mentioned it.
  8. He hates randomness a lot.
  9. He has a voidspren on his forehead that interjects at random intervals with comments that are not helpful at all, and usually are along the lines of, "Why didn't you kill that guy? You should have killed him. Odium would want you to kill him," with no warning, or provocation.It is pretty much, in middle of fight, "Hey! Kill that guy! You should really kill him!
  10. He hates inquisitors, of the steel variety.
  11. Very closed of. If someone tries to help him, he won't tell them what he needs, he will just give them a task to carry out, without any explanation.
  12. Likes dramatic entrances.
  13. If he trusts someone, the slightest bit, if the betray him, he will go to the ends of the Alleyverse to end them.
  14. His forehead glows.(I mean, this is a given seeing as how it has a stormlight filled gem in the forehead, but I will mention it. This isn't a flashlight glow, this is a dim red glow that doesn't really let him see, but let's everyone know where he is.)
  15. He thinks chaos marines are untrustworthy, and dislikes them, and won't really work with them, if he has the choice. this comes from Crow trying to wipe out him and a lot of his criminal allies at the den, instead of sending help.
  16. He hates the fjordell religion.

@Archer

The way I scored it, the bolded ones cancel out the 25S points that were remaining, the others make up for the staff. 

I would say that with these additions, the Jackal not only is eligible for a 'most weaknesses' record, but is also not OP. If you wanted, you could probably drop one or two of these in the final bio. 

Thank you for your patience, and for accommodating my requests. It really is an interesting character, and I look forward to seeing it RPed. When you can, submit the full bio to the Character Thread, an Meeker will put it up. 

1 hour ago, beantheboy12 said:

So... Here’s my OP character. But it should be okay if they’re just a chef.

Hide contents

Note: I know that this character is incredibly OP. She won’t be used in combat.

Name: Delarin

Investiture:

3rd oath Truthwatcher

Twinborn: A Bendalloy F Copper

Appearance:

5’ 4”

Brown eyes

Pale skin

Dark Brown hair

Long scar on right leg

Equipment:

Copperminds containing every recipe ever created

Metal Vials containing large amounts of Bendalloy shavings.

Fabrial Food truck with heating, AC, water, etc. Separated into two parts. The kitchen,

and the seating area. Each is lined with expanders glass to make it huge.

Type 4 biochromatic spatula with the command to cook good food.

5 lifeless waiters

Aluminum plating on the exterior of the truck

Et metal cube modified to have a longer lasting effect

Large supply of gemstones

Rooms inside truck for bathing, sleeping, relaxing, etc.

Fabrial megaphone

Portable kitchen. (Backpack with expanders glass with all cooking necessities)

Treasure. Lots of it.

Skills:

Absolute expert on cooking even without metal minds.

Skilled in melee combat training, defense oriented.

Basic knowledge of lifeless, healing, lightweaving, and Fabrials.

Charismatic

Great Performer

Weaknesses:

Will never ever hurt a person. Hurting animals even requires courage.

Backstory:

Delarin was a twinborn born into high society in the Elendel Basin. She grew up in a wealthy family with her terris father and allomancer mother. As a child, her mentors quickly found that she disapproved of harming things and prefered to be a peacemaker.

She began to cook at age nine, using her allomantic ability to do it faster, using her feruchemical ability to remember successful experiments, she was a child prodigy in cooking and was apprenticed to a chef who filled in the holes of her already great knowledge of cooking. Word of her impressive talent spread throughout Scadrial and soon, she was being hired far and wide to cook for the greatest of people.

One day, as she traversed a mountain range traveling to her next job, she fell into a sinkhole deep down. Seeing light down a tunnel, she followed it to try to escape. She emerged into a huge chamber with chests all around. Curious, she looked in and saw a huge variety of gold, silver, gemstones, and jewelry. As well as a small bit of silvery liquid-like metal.

She now had no need to work with this massive fortune and began to cook for fun. Always treasuring that unique bit of special metal. And then one day, she was visited by a strange man who exchanged the location of a perpendicularity for the small bead of Atium.

Bringing her most valuable treasures with her, she began to journey across the cosmere. To Nalthus where she bought enough breath to create her own awakened spatula and lifeless, to Roshar where she met her spren, and then to the Alleyverse where she settled down and opened up her food truck, perfecting the customer service in any way she could.

If you designate a character as being non-combatant, traditionally exceptions are made for its OPness. The one thing I'd like to point out though is that your Type IV biochromatic spatula doesn't have taste buds. How is supposed to know what good food is?

7 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

Good point... Delarin taught him the same way night blood was taught what evil is.

So, there was a lot of...

I made a brick! Is this good food?

"No. You can't even eat it."

How about those people over there? Would they make good food?

"No! You can't eat people!"

I can't eat anything at all. 

Are those people heroes?

"I guess you could say that."

So they're good people? Good, is that right?

"What are you getting at?"

My orders are to make Good into food. If I had emotions I'd feel bad for them. Death by spatula is an embarrassing way to go. 

Edited by Archer

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

So, there was a lot of...

I made a brick! Is this good food?

"No. You can't even eat it."

How about those people over there? Would they make good food?

"No! You can't eat people!"

I can't eat anything at all. 

Are those people heroes?

"I guess you could say that."

So they're good people? Good, is that right?

"What are you getting at?"

My orders are to make Good into food. If I had emotions I'd feel bad for them. Death by spatula is an embarrassing way to go. 

:P Exactly

5 minutes ago, beantheboy12 said:

So is the character a yes?

If it were up to me, I would approve it on the grounds of it being a non-combatant. But you've posted it here for peer review, so I'd recommend giving it a few hours to let people in other time zones get the chance to take a look at it. Then they can start coming up with ideas for how they will interact with it, as well as give feedback and make suggestions, if they have any. I'll @Lord Meeker to make sure it's on his radar so it can be added to the list at the appropriate time.

Edited by Archer

I think it should be fine. I would object, but you're using the same excuse that I'm using for Dusk, so I can't complain.;)

Thanks Archer and Snipexe, now the Jackal is a normal character. Now, the daunting task of taking all of his weaknesses and putting them on a character profile. This will take a while.

On 2/1/2019 at 9:18 PM, Archer said:

If it were up to me, I would approve it on the grounds of it being a non-combatant. But you've posted it here for peer review, so I'd recommend giving it a few hours to let people in other time zones get the chance to take a look at it. Then they can start coming up with ideas for how they will interact with it, as well as give feedback and make suggestions, if they have any. I'll @Lord Meeker to make sure it's on his radar so it can be added to the list at the appropriate time.

@beantheboy12 I agree with Archer here. I approve if it can be used as a non-combatant. I am okay with self defense. But if I see it used to attack someone else we are going to have a problem.

I updated the summary thread with all active threads of Era 3. If I missed one, please tell me, I hope I didn't, but then you never know. For the time being, I'll look after the list and add a new thread, once it is created.

Contrasting the first try I simply listed all threads and wrote one or two sentences what they are about, as a quick overview. I'm not 100% sure if it's enough, or if I should add more information, but I didn't try to really sum them up, more to give an orientation what they are about. My first approach included a lot more text, but then I decided on a shorter version, so that it can be read through quickly.

I'd be happy about some feedback, if you think it is really helpful like this, or if I should change something, add more information or whatever. I've spent a lot of time thinking about this, so I'm not sure if I can really tell right now.

Thank you.

I'd like to make a proposal, to explain the Rogue Hemalurgists in many peoples background stories.

Syndicate Omega.

Syndicate Omega was founded by a DA member who lost his Loyalty Spikes in an accident. He ran. Using his knowledge of Hemalurgy, he brought DA subjects, rejects, and slaves together. And Syndicate Omega was born. Those hundred or so decided to go to the Cosmere, where their knowledge of Hemalurgy was unparalleled. Over time, they grew, creating huge amounts of experiments, so much they grew lax in security. This has leaded to many subjects escaping. They also occasionally extend past Hemalurgy.

So, wouldn't really be important, but it would be a nice bit of worldbuilding and would explain a lot. Thoughts?

35 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Okay, thanks, I'm still waiting (impatiently) on Hellbent/Devaan/Ronin

I know this was likely intended as just a reminder, but again we do just have a lot of work to get through. I have about 50 pages of reading to do on an average morning to make sure nothing needs urgent attention, then normal mod stuff, responding to PMs, and I like to do some posts just for my enjoyment before I get around to actioning things. It can put a lot of pressure on people when they get constantly messaged about something that's on their backlog, I know that wasn't your intention but I have tried to be clear about this recently.

Just now, Voidus said:

I know this was likely intended as just a reminder, but again we do just have a lot of work to get through. I have about 50 pages of reading to do on an average morning to make sure nothing needs urgent attention, then normal mod stuff, responding to PMs, and I like to do some posts just for my enjoyment before I get around to actioning things. It can put a lot of pressure on people when they get constantly messaged about something that's on their backlog, I know that wasn't your intention but I have tried to be clear about this recently.

Okay, sorry.