The Chat Thread

Archer

4 minutes ago, #Voidapple said:

I am not going to go against him, but I would like to point out to the group the level of skill Woodrack has decided to put into him. This one character managed to beat literally every other character he has.

oh I didn't realize that.

I simply found him powerful, but as he was intended to go against the Bureau Meeker organizes, I thought it could work, as Meeker told us, he has several people following him.

He has a mask that enhances his physical attributes, +45 M

appears to enhance his senses, +35 M

enhances his response time a startling degree, +30 M

allows him to grow claws, +20 S(?)

allows him to radiate fear, +35M

allows him to radiate darkness, +20M 

stop and reverse age, +30 M

jump incredibly high, (counting as part of the first)

and to fill anyone who looks into the glowing red eyes of the mask with a burning hot hatred, and rage. +35 M

He also has the surge of division, but this is a lot weaker, and come from a void spren trapped in a crystal on the forehead of the mask. +45 M (considering it a Surge Fabrial)

The mask itself is in the shape of an anubis mask and has a long mouthpiece. It was created by an epic with power to infuse objects with powers, that she could not use. He had her make this mask, and then killed her to protect his identity. He then captured a voidspren in a gemheart, and fixed it to the front of the mask, which added in the abilities of the division surge, and the radiation of hatred.

This comes to a total of 275 M 20 S 

I personally feel this is over-powered. Even if he only fights with the opponents permission, it’s still a blantantly overpowered character.

1 hour ago, Snipexe said:

I personally feel this is over-powered. Even if he only fights with the opponents permission, it’s still a blantantly overpowered character.

And, again, he has shown massively overpowered skill points in fighting and strategy.

58 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

allows him to grow claws, +20 S(?)

I might have forgotten this one, and will be removing it. Hey, Ark! I di the same thing you did when you fought Devaan!

59 minutes ago, Snipexe said:

275m 90 s. He is one of the best fighters in the entire Alleyverse. The Darkness isn't that deep, but he also has a very very very weak division surge. Like, very weak. And he has a weakness of almost all of his powers coming from his mask and, well, let me put it like this. His mask's eyes radiate hatred. Anyone who looks into them feel a deep burning rage that they can barely control. He is always looking through those eyes. I also think you put to many points on the age thing. That is his own personal age, and he cannot do it very quickly. Just my own two sense, but I would put it at ten. And don't forget the invincible obsidian staff he can control with his mind, split in two, and reform.

1 hour ago, #Voidapple said:

I am not going to go against him, but I would like to point out to the group the level of skill Woodrack has decided to put into him. This one character managed to beat literally every other character he has.

Yeah, that was more of a plot armor, surprise, attack, with them attacking one by one win. If I was fighting someone else controlling the Jackal with all of those characters, I would have won. He also kind of lost when my sandling with porous bones got involved. 

1 hour ago, Snipexe said:

I personally feel this is over-powered. Even if he only fights with the opponents permission, it’s still a blatantly overpowered character.

I'm asking if I can use him as a plot device really. He will have his own side plot, and will show up whenever the Bureau asks me to bring him. The only real difference between him and a normal Bureau character, is that he's slightly less powerful than I believe they will be, and he is not limited to a single plot.

1 hour ago, Sorana said:

I simply found him powerful, but as he was intended to go against the Bureau Meeker organizes, I thought it could work, as Meeker told us, he has several people following him.

You misunderstood this. He is a bad guy, who works with the bureau. 

To recap, he is the person who I am going to spend the next six months throwing my characters at, and beating them up against. He is mainly a plot device, though he will have a lot of character development, and I intend a lot of twists and turn for him. He will only show up in the thread I'm going to make, The Hunt for the Jackal, THFTJ, or THJ, any plots where he has been requested, and Bureau plots. I won't use him as I use my other characters, showing them up whenever I feel like it, and he does have some weaknesses. Those are not enough for him to be a normal character, but they are there. All I'm asking is to be allowed to use him in the ways that I have listed. Please?Please?

PS. Can one of the mods make this a poll?

I'm a bit of a lame duck at the moment, so I've decided not to give my personal opinion on this character. I'm not going to be interacting with it, so it's your guys' opinions that matter the most. If Darth submits a character bio to the Character Thread then I'll claim jurisdiction, but it appears that he wants approval of the idea so he knows whether or not to begin planning plot-lines and flushing out the details for it, so it's not my call. 

What Darth is asking for is for his character to be exempt from the rules regarding power level. For Era Three, we're asking people to go through this process whenever they want to significantly increase their character's power level (eg. acquire a shardblade). You, as the community, get to choose whether you want to allow it. You have to decide if having this OP character is what you want for the RP (by voting in the above poll).  

This process was designed to allow for plots with super-villains to be put into play. The idea was that a group of people would sketch out a plot, whether in a thread like this one or a PM, and meta-game a general outline for what will happen. Then, they approach the community and say 'here's our idea, do you guys want to do this'? This would provide a higher level of organization for our main plots. 

Alternatively, you could use this same process to ask permission to do some character development that increases their power level, rather than resubmitting their bio and re-balancing the character when you do so. 

I've put the Jackal bio in the OP for reference. A poll has been made. We usually get at least 20 people vote, minimum. Please, choose an option, then have your say in a post if you want to. Feel free to ask clarifying questions too. I'm sure Darth would be happy to answer them.  

Thank you!

Below is a screenshot of the old poll:

Spoiler

5c51f9ef09a76_Pictureofpoll.thumb.png.a1a431d85918f430c25644555ae4d49c.png

Edited by Archer

I vote to allow it, but I'd like to attach the condition that the character is used responsibly, which to me basically means that if they get into a large fight they'll probably lose, at least when they're getting towards the end of that particular plot line.

I, for one, would like to get a main plot started. I don't want to fight a villain that's impossible to beat, but that depends mostly on the way the RP'er plays the character. This is why I approve of plotting things out to a certain extent beforehand.

Edited by xinoehp512

31 minutes ago, Life&Death said:

The Jackal is supposed to be a villain right? He seems like a villain 

He is a villian.

2 hours ago, Gancho Libre said:

Well, it all depends on the Jackal's weakness.

Completely filled with rage from him looking through the helmets eyes, though he can control it and it doesn't affect him that much, and most of his powers come from the mask.

1 hour ago, kenod said:

I vote to allow it, but I'd like to attach the condition that the character is used responsibly, which to me basically means that if they get into a large fight they'll probably lose, at least when they're getting towards the end of that particular plot line.

He is his own plot, essentially. I have a plan for him, and I don't intend to change it, but if he actually gets caught in his thread fro hunting him, then I will accept it. He will be sed responsibly.

@Archer , if you could put my recap at the end of my really long debate thing in the OP with him, that would be great, as right now people are only seeing his powers, and not what I am actually doing with him. He is incredibly overpowered, and that is all that people who aren't reading my post are seeing.

I never said who the redacted arty was.

Why? Did somebody bribe you? The last thing that I remember you saying is that you don't care either way! You do realise that literally all of my plans for era three hing on the Jackal, right? You are the only person who I actually explained this to! Why did suddenly change your opinion to completely against it? Without him I have no plans for era 3 and I have no reason to continue doing this! I only became active again when I went inactive because I came up with him! EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE PLANNED IN THE ALLEYVERSE FOR AN ENTIRE ERA HINGES ON HIM! WHY WOULD YOU, A PERSON WHO IS MY FRIEND IRL GO AGAINST THAT!? IT DOESN'T AFFECT YOU!

@#Voidapple

3 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

I never said who the redacted arty was.

Why? Did somebody bribe you? The last thing that I remember you saying is that you don't care either way! You do realise that literally all of my plans for era three hing on the Jackal, right? You are the only person who I actually explained this to! Why did suddenly change your opinion to completely against it? Without him I have no plans for era 3 and I have no reason to continue doing this! I only became active again when I went inactive because I came up with him! EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE PLANNED IN THE ALLEYVERSE FOR AN ENTIRE ERA HINGES ON HIM! WHY WOULD YOU, A PERSON WHO IS MY FRIEND IRL GO AGAINST THAT!? IT DOESN'T AFFECT YOU!

@#Voidapple

Please don’t shout. It comes across wrongly in text.

Edited by I think I am here.

9 hours ago, Darth Woodrack said:

You literally just explained why he'd want to do it. *insert winky face emoji*

Also, thousandth post was making fun of Ark and Woodrack! So worth it.

Edited by AxeliustheGreat