Alleyverse Characters

Archer

OP character approval  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Should Legend (Page 89) be approved?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, Shard of Thought said:

Probably a good 40 MPH. Those things are awesome.

Alright.

Passable tinkering = Average Handiwork = 15

Feruchemical Iron = 40

Incredible balance = 15

Rocket Shoes = 25

Anorexia + Physically weak = -20

15 + 40 + 15 + 25 - 25 = 95 - 20 = 75

Character approved. I'll add her to the list in a couple of days, you can start using her, without waiting for that.

Policeman

Spoiler

Name: Bruce Mayne

Physical Characteristics: Big man

Investiture: Twinborn (A-Chromium F-Steel)

Skills: Guns-skilled, combat awareness, spotting criminal oddities

Equipment: Aluminum-alloy shotgun, aluminum-alloy bullets, metalminds (steel bracers piercing his skin, steel replacement bone), aluminum police phone, police hat (it's lined with aluminum), body armor, police car. Can requisition an aluminum-alloy sniper rifle.

Weakness: Suspicious of non-police. Extreme hatred for people who do not respect the authority of the police. Favors fighting over other solutions.

Family: Dead, killed by criminals

Home Planet: Alleyplanet

Backstory: When Bruce was young, his parents were killed in front of him in a robbery. He decided to dress up in a bat costume and fight evil join the city police and try to bring their murderers to justice. After he killed them, he declared a crusade against all crime in the city, and is working on it now.

Guild: Government (Alleycity Police)

Psyche: Loner. Not completely sane.

Personality: Stern and arrogant to non-police. Friendly to police, knows almost every Alleycity policeman.

Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, tan skin, big man. Usually wearing a black bat suit police uniform

Theme Song: something from Judge Dredd

Fighting Style: Kill first, ask questions never

Edited by I ♥️ Rashek

5 hours ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

Policeman

Hide contents

Equipment: Aluminum-alloy shotgun, aluminum-alloy bullets, metalminds (steel bracers piercing his skin, steel replacement bone), aluminum police phone, police hat (it's lined with aluminum), body armor, police car. Can requisition an aluminum-alloy sniper rifle.

Weakness: Suspicious of non-police. Extreme hatred for people who do not respect the authority of the police. Favors fighting over other solutions.

Backstory: When Bruce was young, his parents were killed in front of him in a robbery. He decided to dress up in a bat costume and fight evil join the city police and try to bring their murderers to justice. After he killed them, he declared a crusade against all crime in the city, and is working on it now.

Personality: Stern and arrogant to non-police. Friendly to police, knows almost every Alleycity policeman.

Appearance: Brown hair, brown eyes, tan skin, big man. Usually wearing a black bat suit police uniform

So Batman without his no killing rule?

10 hours ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

Policeman

Reveal hidden contents

Hey,

So a few quick questions: what type of body armor does he use, how strong is it? And the steel bone replacement: was only one bone replaced or the whole skeleton?

3 hours ago, Sorana said:

Hey,

So a few quick questions: what type of body armor does he use, how strong is it? And the steel bone replacement: was only one bone replaced or the whole skeleton?

A Kevlar vest, and only one bone. The bone is just there to be a metalmind

2 hours ago, kenod said:

Also, how is someone like that still on the police force? Someone with a kill first attitude would be kicked out quite quickly, possibly even arrested for murder or police brutality.

If this was in the real world, you would be absolutely right. The Alleyverse isn't nearly as peaceful, though.

2 minutes ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

If this was in the real world, you would be absolutely right. The Alleyverse isn't nearly as peaceful, though.

Assassinations and war are different things from police just straight-up murdering. I don’t remember whether assassinations are officially illegal, but all the natural (not exactly the best word, but we’ll go with it) deaths are something else entirely. And nobody is going to try and arrest a Denizen for murder. Police forces exist to keep the peace, and I don’t think even one in the Alleyverse would be okay with a kill first attitude. 

So I will get the rating up somewhere in about 10 hours, I can't do that while sitting in a car.

As for the discussion about his motives and behaviour, please move that to the character discussion thread. Thanks ^_^

===============

Here's the rating:

Investiture: Twinborn

A-Chromium (35) // F-Steel (50)

Skills:

Guns-skilled (60)

Combat awareness, spotting criminal oddities (Scholarship 'Police-Officer' average 10 // took the liberty to combine both into one skill and lowered the points a little)

Equipment: Aluminum-alloy shotgun, aluminum-alloy bullets, metalminds (steel bracers piercing his skin, steel replacement bone), aluminum police phone, police hat (it's lined with aluminum), police car. Can requisition an aluminum-alloy sniper rifle

body armor (10)

Aluminum is pretty easy to come by, so I won't substract any points for this. Still I'd like to ask you to rp this equipment in a responsible way, and should it come to a battle please keep in mind, that equipment can be lost or damaged. I assumed that his replaced bone is in no place that is helpful (like an unbreakable arm). Should that be the case please let me know.

Weakness:

Suspicious of non-police.

Extreme hatred for people who do not respect the authority of the police. (-5)

Favors fighting over other solutions. (-10)

Total: 85 + 80 + 10 + 10 - 15 = 185 - 15 = 170

The character is a little too strong. Please either add more weaknesses, or reduce his skills. Addionally I'd like to ask you to make sure you adress people's concerns regarding him being part of the police force.

@I ♥️ Rashek

Edited by Sorana

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to venture into the World of the Alleyverse. Behold, Corenar! (please note I am assuming Forging works anywhere in the Alleyverse for this character)

Edited version:

Spoiler

Name: Corenar

Physical Characteristics: 23-ish male. dextrous

Investiture: Forging knowledge(doesn't currently know, won't know unless Mark fades)

Skills: Average at art, specifically carving(Scholarship), Amateur at projectile weapons

Equipment: Chisel(not as weapon, as art supply), wood, Essence Mark(must apply daily), metal plate, bow and arrow

Weakness: Physically very weak

Family: Mother: Jyn, Iriali, pacifist, kind, deceased. Father: Cosheomi, deceased(never knew him).

Home Planet: Sel(thinks Roshar)

Backstory: Born on Sel, Learned Forging, had to leave and wipe memory for some reason, moved to Roshar, made and used Essence Mark.

Guild: Unaffiliated

Psyche: Realist, egalitarian, utilitarian

Personality: Pragmatic, analytic, helpful for selfish reasons, gallows humor

Appearance: Heterochromatic(left eye yellow, right eye brown), yellow hair, tall, thin

Theme Song: Lavender Town

Fighting Style: Run away and hide. Once hidden, use a projectile weapon to slay the foe.

Edited by Coda
Too OP

On 11/9/2019 at 2:06 PM, Coda said:

...if a character doesn't know about an ability, it won't count in the points 

It still counts. You might get a discount for it as a weakness, but if they still have the ability then it’ll still count. 

Edit: And I forgot about this at first, but you need to know what a metalmind does to tap or fill it. You can’t do it subconsciously. 

@Voidus @Sorana 

Edited by AonEne

On 9.11.2019 at 10:06 PM, Coda said:

I have decided to venture into the World of the Alleyverse. Behold, Corenar! (please note I am assuming Forging works anywhere in the Alleyverse for this character and that if a character doesn't know about an ability, it won't count in the points)

Ene is right, if you have an ability it will count into the points, because it is assumed generally, that your character will discover this ability at one point or the other. Would you like to edit your character sheet accordingly before I look it over?

On 11/9/2019 at 7:03 PM, AonEne said:

Edit: And I forgot about this at first, but you need to know what a metalmind does to tap or fill it. You can’t do it subconsciously. 

INCORRECT!

(Sorry i just wanted to be dramatic :P)

In Bands of Mourning, Marasi and the rest of the party stored weight in the unsealed metalmind, before knowing what the metalmind was. Therefore, we can infer that you can in fact do it subconsciously!

2 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

INCORRECT!

(Sorry i just wanted to be dramatic :P)

In Bands of Mourning, Marasi and the rest of the party stored weight in the unsealed metalmind, before knowing what the metalmind was. Therefore, we can infer that you can in fact do it subconsciously!

No, they had to be told. 

6C526D0B-1375-42DE-BC3B-6971A847A733.jpeg

2FEA740F-B3D8-4892-A887-33C7D607D823.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Invocation said:

It's just her filling it. The key words are right at the bottom there: "As soon as he said it - as soon as she knew what it did -" Then she starts filling it.

Yep, just this. Here’s a picture anyway: 

320D9E31-6CA1-418E-866A-5C8F5811E784.jpeg

Hello @Coda

here's your rated version of the character sheet. I saw that you edited and assumed, that it's good for rating. The character is approved, I added them to the list.

Spoiler
Investiture: Forging knowledge(doesn't currently know, won't know unless Mark fades) (60)

Skills: Average at art, specifically carving(Scholarship) (20), Amateur at projectile weapons (30)

Weakness: Physically very weak (-5)

60 + 50 - 5 =105

so this the first actual character I made on my own, so sorry in advance if it's unbalanced!

Spoiler

Name: Bob

Physical Characteristics: 6'3" , well built, brown hair and eye's/skin. 20 years old.

Investiture: epic 

Skills: trained in hand to hand combat. Two epic powers: teleportation and stun(couldn't find the word, sorry). Assassin.

Equipment: a hand mirror and a 6" silver knife.

Weakness: epic power: teleportation weaknesses: can only teleport to where he can physically see with his own eyes, (-15?) He can feel the distance he teleport's, and if he teleport's too far can physically injure himself (varies by distance) (-10?)

Epic power: stun weaknesses: cannot work on others epics, even if he is stronger than them (-15?) Every time he stuns someone, he feels the drag effects, as if he is being stuned as well, not inherently bad, but dangerous when on the field (-10?)

Feels pain for a longer period of time than normal people (varies by injuries) (-10?). Has a hard time with killing without reason, and regardless of his stun power, it can come to bite him hard (-10?) Suffers from a iron spike driven between his right ribs, making him easier prey for allowmancers (-15?) Afraid of the dark, as it ruins his teleportation (can't see, can't teleport) (-10?) Ten blows that draw blood within 24hours WILL kill him, ranging from cuts to bullets (-20??) Has a weak spot for children, and will do what he thinks is right, although not had on its own, it has led to his nearly dieing several times (lured by child, then jumped) (-10?)

Family: father was an epic, mother fled when she found out. Has a younger sister.

Home Planet: Earth.

Backstory: born and raised in Morocco. At the age of ten he discovered he was an epic and began training in combat, and testing the limits of his powers. His mother had fled when she learned not only her husband was an epic but that she had given birth to two children for one. Father did not believe in nice and clean, and would often hurt Bob and his sister, until he had killed their Father and fled, first taking his sister to the U.S and seeing to it that she was safe. A few years later he was given his first assassins contract, and has been at the job of assassination ever since. He came to the Alleyverse when he heard there was potentially higher payers.

Guild: Unaffiliated.

Personality: Aggressive and motivated.

Appearance: wears a black cloak, making him sometimes depicted as a shadow of death.

Fighting Style: Picks individual targets and chases them relentlessly until he can get close enough to stun them. When fighting groups, he constantly teleport's around, stunning who he can, and using his knife only if necessary.

Again, sorry if he is unbalanced, and if he is simply not possible, I'm okay with it. There should be about 125 against him, but I didn't catch how many points he had for himself.... Sorry!

@Sorana @Voidus

Edited by Chasmfiend#1
Forgot to put in age and needed to correct some spelling

10 hours ago, Chasmfiend#1 said:

so this the first actual character I made on my own, so sorry in advance if it's unbalanced!

Hide contents

Name: Bob

Physical Characteristics: 6'3" , well built, brown hair and eye's/skin. 20 years old.

Investiture: epic 

Skills: trained in hand to hand combat. Two epic powers: teleportation and stun(couldn't find the word, sorry). Assassin.

Equipment: a hand mirror and a 6" silver knife.

Weakness: epic power: teleportation weaknesses: can only teleport to where he can physically see with his own eyes, (-15?) He can feel the distance he teleport's, and if he teleport's too far can physically injure himself (varies by distance) (-10?)

Epic power: stun weaknesses: cannot work on others epics, even if he is stronger than them (-15?) Every time he stuns someone, he feels the drag effects, as if he is being stuned as well, not inherently bad, but dangerous when on the field (-10?)

Feels pain for a longer period of time than normal people (varies by injuries) (-10?). Has a hard time with killing without reason, and regardless of his stun power, it can come to bite him hard (-10?) Suffers from a iron spike driven between his right ribs, making him easier prey for allowmancers (-15?) Afraid of the dark, as it ruins his teleportation (can't see, can't teleport) (-10?) Ten blows that draw blood within 24hours WILL kill him, ranging from cuts to bullets (-20??) Has a weak spot for children, and will do what he thinks is right, although not had on its own, it has led to his nearly dieing several times (lured by child, then jumped) (-10?)

Family: father was an epic, mother fled when she found out. Has a younger sister.

Home Planet: Earth.

Backstory: born and raised in Morocco. At the age of ten he discovered he was an epic and began training in combat, and testing the limits of his powers. His mother had fled when she learned not only her husband was an epic but that she had given birth to two children for one. Father did not believe in nice and clean, and would often hurt Bob and his sister, until he had killed their Father and fled, first taking his sister to the U.S and seeing to it that she was safe. A few years later he was given his first assassins contract, and has been at the job of assassination ever since. He came to the Alleyverse when he heard there was potentially higher payers.

Guild: Unaffiliated.

Personality: Aggressive and motivated.

Appearance: wears a black cloak, making him sometimes depicted as a shadow of death.

Fighting Style: Picks individual targets and chases them relentlessly until he can get close enough to stun them. When fighting groups, he constantly teleport's around, stunning who he can, and using his knife only if necessary.

Again, sorry if he is unbalanced, and if he is simply not possible, I'm okay with it. There should be about 125 against him, but I didn't catch how many points he had for himself.... Sorry!

@Sorana @Voidus

Can't do a full scoring right now as I'm not at home, but a quick look would suggest this is within normal limits.
Will need to clarify what you mean by the 'stun' power though, like knock people unconscious? Just kind of daze them? Is it physical or mental? And what kind of duration would it last for?