Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Tell us what we're doing, since we can't decide :P

• A Joe in the Forest
    • A Joe in the Court

This poll is closed to new votes

Reginald, placing a guess at Jordren's mildly irritated glance around and quiet stomach growl, pulled out a fine cheese and ham sandwich from his simple knapsack. "Good sir? Could I offer you a humble bit of food so we could focus on the matters of vital mutual interest at hand?"-Reginald intoned with a quiet intensity.

Jordren's eager and insightful thoughts were rudely interrupted by an elderly-looking man looking right at him. Looking at him! Thankfully, he redeemed himself by unwrapping a beautiful sight, that of a luxurious cheese and ham sandwich. "Good Sir?" he began, "Could I offer you a humble bit of food so we cold focus on the matters of vital mutual interest at hand?" Jordren noted a tiny threat somewhere in that question but shrugged it of.

"Of course, Mr..." Jordren hungrily accepted the food and began munching on it instantly.

"Reginald, Reginald Canuk"-he said, smiling thinly. His foot tapping slightly with a hint of irritation. Didn't these people realize the danger they were in? This entire meeting could be nothing more than a trap. An attempt to lynch the members of the forest one by one, until no one but the pathetic humans remained. He took a long deep breath, allowing it to turn into a yawn. "Am I the only one who is...nervous...at the calling of this 'meeting,"-Reginald inquired cautiously.

"Reginald, Reginald Canuk," the older man replied. Canuk? Sounded rather strange to Jordren.

The man let off a nervous aura, that much was clear. Jordren might not have been a professional body reader, but feet tapping were a clue. Canuk yawned, which only resulted in Jordren yawning too.

"Am I the only one who is... nervous... at the calling of this 'meeting'?" the Reginald asked.

"Well, I'm sure as heck not," Jordren nonchalantly said, smiling. But that only seemed to worry the Reginald even more. Whoops.

40 minutes ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

I'm a little confused how this lynch is supposed to work. B/c by my understanding, the forest wants to lynch a human and the humans want to lynch a forest (so to speak). Now, let's say we identify an elim, if the court thinks that we have successfully identified an elim, they would vote on someone else in order to prevent their ally from getting lynched. If they think the elim is a regular resident, they would be fine with it. Unfortunately, the court has more people, what stops them from just lynching the one of us that is least likely to be an elim? Unless as Randuir points out, we have a reason to work together. Any vote to try and find an elim within our ranks would likely be fractured, and unlikely to get the requisite votes necessary in order to avoid a counter-lynch by our compatriots across the...divide? (haven't read the work this is based on).

Thoughts people? Am I missing something?

So uhhhh, whats the plan?

Yeah. The court peeps will get their way if we all try to lynch elims from our own threads, as they're larger in quantity. I think there's a neutral role with an objective against the mediums because I've been wondering all game why the mediums need guardians in the first place. It's probably because a role such as this exists?

Hmm. So I was expecting a lot more activity in the meeting since we have all the players in one place now.

And ouch, three foresters dead.

Not much from the mediums. Still on the role hunt, I guess. But PMs in the night only so maybe not. 

1 hour ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

I'm a little confused how this lynch is supposed to work. B/c by my understanding, the forest wants to lynch a human and the humans want to lynch a forest (so to speak). Now, let's say we identify an elim, if the court thinks that we have successfully identified an elim, they would vote on someone else in order to prevent their ally from getting lynched. If they think the elim is a regular resident, they would be fine with it. Unfortunately, the court has more people, what stops them from just lynching the one of us that is least likely to be an elim? Unless as Randuir points out, we have a reason to work together. Any vote to try and find an elim within our ranks would likely be fractured, and unlikely to get the requisite votes necessary in order to avoid a counter-lynch by our compatriots across the...divide? (haven't read the work this is based on).

Thoughts people? Am I missing something?

So uhhhh, whats the plan?

Yh so we have the elims of both sides now. It's actually really fun when you think about it. Each side will want to lynch the other side's strongest village read. I think maybe that's why Orlok? Mentioned it in a previous post. It's going to get hectic with votes. Almost like 4 factions. Each is allied with another but we don't know who they are and want to avoid lynching them.

Another option is that there is no lynch today but seems like it will be waste of a meeting.

What else can we try to achieve here? There has to be a purpose for the meeting.

What if the mediums are the ultimate baddies? I'm not too familiar with neutral roles in SE (since I'm new) but the elims won't really have a reason to lynch them since the mediums are neutral. So why a protector?

And what if the secret roles they are looking for are their hidden teammates that only the mediums are aware of (about being the medium's teammates) and the players do not know yet and the mediums have to get in touch and let them know. Or they could be trying to find the secret role/alignment and get rid of them (their wincon). And the two mediums could be in a race with the other?

@STINK Sorry if I have missed it but any reasons why you called the meeting? We know Doc was thinking about it as well. (Though, It's definitely more interesting like this)

I won't be around too much but will post when I can.

Edit:ninja'd by stick...including post content :o

Edited by Megasif

10 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

Yeah. The court peeps will get their way if we all try to lynch elims from our own threads, as they're larger in quantity. I think there's a neutral role with an objective against the mediums because I've been wondering all game why the mediums need guardians in the first place. It's probably because a role such as this exists?

Yep, those are probably the Cryptids I've been talking about.

Also, regarding lynch, I think a gentleman's agreement that we won't try to lynch someone from the other thread might be put in effect (so wood doesn't vote on people from court, and vice-versa). Orlok seems to be suggesting something like that, and until I know more about what the mediums exactly want/need to achieve, I'd prefer not to burn too many inter-thread bridges. This does mean that only one thread will get a lynch in the end, but it also encourages people to do some good reasoning for their suspicions, so that they get enough support to overrule the other thread's lynch-attempt.

Edit: Though the lynch might be something the mediums have an opinion on? @STINK, @Doc12

Edited by randuir

I called a meeting for various reasons, ya know?

1. I can post in both threads, so why not make it basically the same for you guys for a while?

2. Everyone just did all their big PMs in their respective threads, so it's the perfect time to mingle!

3. I was bored.

4. Why not?

As for.my thoughts on the lynch, I don't really have any. Just vote on people you don't like, the usual.

You know what?

I vote to pass a movement that confines people to trying to lynch others from their own thread during Meetings (So, Court thread people try to lynch Court thread people, and Woods people try to lynch Woods people) until the Mediums reveal their wincons.

All in favor say "aye."

Of course, if we find someone that both sides are in favor of killing (For example, the Cryptids Randuir is theorizing about.) then we can just lynch them together.

5 minutes ago, Eternum said:

You know what?

I vote to pass a movement that confines people to trying to lynch others from their own thread during Meetings (So, Court thread people try to lynch Court thread people, and Woods people try to lynch Woods people) until the Mediums reveal their wincons.

All in favor say "aye."

Of course, if we find someone that both sides are in favor of killing (For example, the Cryptids Randuir is theorizing about.) then we can just lynch them together.

Nah, that's no fun.  Besides, that gets into Mayoring, which just isn't good for anyone.

I'll toss a vote against you, Eternum.

Also, I'll put myself forward as a candidate for Medium for the Forest, just because it'll be interesting to see someone else challenging for the role.  I'll totally do a good job, I promise. Kintas for Medium!

3 hours ago, Dalinar Kholin said:

:( Majestic. I opened my knapsack for you! And this is how you repay me??

Fiiiiiiiiiine. Dalinar Kholin. (I'm on Mobile so please imagine it's green)

But remember to pack cucumber for those sandwiches next time!

Edit: Changed colour for vote.

Edited by Majestic

I have a question...when you said we could pm the peeps from the Forest during a meeting did that mean we still need to wait till a night cycle rolls around or does this meeting only last during the day cycle? @Aonar Faileas @A Joe in the Bush

Edited by BrightnessRadiant

Just now, BrightnessRadiant said:

I have a question...when you said we could pm the peeps from the Forest during a meeting did that mean we still need to wait till a night cycle rolls around or does this meeting only last during the day cycle? @Aonar Faileas @A Joe in the Bush

Wait till night. Meetings last a whole cycle, not just the Day turn.