1 hour ago, BrightnessRadiant said:

Is it bad that I laughed at a dead person's will :P

No , I did too , it is a shame he had a role we could had used him 

Also as a sidenote I didnt win the auction can the man responsible for throwing my money down the drain please step forward so I can hurl a stone at him

Hmm ...no my character isnt a violent person ... lets make that a bunch of leaves insted of a stone 

Also  brightness I never vote on day one (last lg was an exception cos smn claimed elim or smt) when I do I usualy end up killing the jailor, so I just stoped doing it 

Apologies all for the long post below. I'd like to hear responses to the below questions, and thoughts from other players on the issues I've raised. There's no point ceasing discussion simply because this is a night cycle.

Hmmm...this is certainly interesting. I'll

@StrikerEZ, what was interesting? I don’t see any useful content in this post. Was it merely to give the impression of activity?

I'm going to throw a vote on Straw.  Something about his characters name seems ... evil.

@Alvron why did you open with a vote on Straw? You’ve seen the number of times that his playstyle has got him mislynched on D1, and he’s an easy way for eliminators to prevent useful D1 lynch discussions.

I will jump behind Orlok for now, and vote on Manukos, but this is more of a poke vote.

@Roadwalker, why join this vote without reasoning of your own? This, along with your second bandwagoning vote later in the cycle, which required significant pushing to get reassigning out of you for, does make me suspicious of you.

I am not going to vote cos I never vote the first cycle but I am suspicious of someone (dont remember the name , [edit : asterion]) for his/her reaction to ytzi

This has been addressed before, @Manukos, but isn’t sound logic, and feels like avoiding suspicion from, and involvement in what is typically a mislynch on D1. If you were suspicious of Yitzi, why wouldn't you vote for him?

I just wanted to avoid an early lynch by being cooperative, cos these seem to haunt me whenever I am in an interesting game and this game is certainly that. But it sems that it had the oposite effect

@Manukos, would you rephrase the above post, and explain it?

Well, here we have another D1 vote. D1 lynches are annoying.

@Drake Marshall, how do you propose we gain more information for the D2 lynch if we only RP today?[/quote]
You continue in that post to talk about items, which seems to me to be a very safe topic, not risking controversy, but appearing to create discussion. What did you hope to get from a discussion on items?

Hmmm...so, I was not expecting the ability I got from my Essence Mark. I was misleaded by the symbol, and I'm sad.

<_<

But, the ability I got isn't too bad, honestly. It definitely could come in handy. I just wish my assumption about the Essence Mark I have was correct. It would've been so much more fun if it had been lol.

I'm honestly not sure who to lynch, but I think that's just a given with D1 lynches, though. I'll wait and see what other people think before I finally decide.

@StrikerEZ, what advantage did you seek to gain from claiming a role? Why rely on the opinions of others? Do you not agree that that sounds like a decent way to hide behind other players?

I'm still at the part where I'm confused at what's going on but oh well. Alvron. Just because everyone else seems to think he's evil. Also to get my gold. (kidding) I can be quite cold-hearted and stupid - when I want to be.

@Sami, the other votes on Alvron appear to me to have been joke votes. Where did you get the impression that “everyone else” seems to think he’s evil? Even if they did, why are you voting on him without thinking he’s evil yourself?

So of course that was an awful piece of advice. Of course what I suggested is working completely against the village. But really, would an Elim have the audacity to suggest something that straight up goes completely counter to the village’s interests? Me being me, I didn’t really think about the long term things of what would happen there, and only thought about the benefit of sparing as many villagers as possible. It was really just a dumb mistake.

@cloudjumper's post here has attracted a lot of attention, but it reads to me like an honest mistake, not an IKYK. 

Ok i have a quick break. 

I'm not against a lynch, I'm against a stupid lynch. The lynch on Alvron is stupid. 

Anybody have a better candidate?

@The Flash, whilst I’d now like an explanation from Alv, I agree that the votes on him weren’t justified. That said, are you not capable of coming up with an alternative lynch target yourself?

Of those voted for, only Straw is yet to talk.  He was active enough to use his Mark and has been online but has chosen not to talk.  While my vote on him was a joke/poke, it's going to stay there until I here from him.

@Alvron, highlighting this post too, I’d reiterate my earlier question, and ask why you think that this playstyle is remotely alignment indicative for Straw? If you don’t think it alignment indicative, why waste the D1 lynch on him?

My bad @Drake Marshall Drake it was actually Manukos as quoted above oops. Sorry bout that. :P

Village reading @BrightnessRadiant from this post. Her confusion as to the player who made this statement, and so is suspicious, feels genuine to me.

I'm going to switch my vote from Alvron to Straw. Inactivity/Lurking kills, you know.

@Araris Valerian, you’ve played 48 games, now, and have played a not insignificant number of them with Straw. Given this is very usual behaviour for him, why did you think a lynch on Straw was of more use than a lynch on Cloud?

Personally, I would rather lynch a lurker than someone who made a poorly thought out suggestion.

Unpopular ideas are usually pretty NAI. Lurking, on the other hand, is a valid eliminator tactic.

It may be early in the game, and thus difficult to tell who is actually lurking and who is just temporarily preoccupied, but still. I think I'd prefer to lynch Straw than Cloud.

Also @everyone please vote. I know D1 lynches suck but it's better to make a decision, so that we have real discussion.

@Drake Marshall, why the significant turn around on D1 lynches from earlier this cycle? Something to do with the players currently up for the lynch?
You, too, have played a large number of games with Straw, and I can’t see you really thinking that his D1 inactivity is remotely alignment indicative.

Edit 13: Quote boxes finally sorted!

Edited by OrlokTsubodai
Issues with quote boxes

The analyzer has arived !!! :-) +1

1 hour ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

This has been addressed before, @Manukos, but isn’t sound logic, and feels like avoiding suspicion from, and involvement in what is typically a mislynch on D1. If you were suspicious of Yitzi, why wouldn't you vote for him?

@Manukos, would you rephrase the above post, and explain it?

For my part I was suspicious of asterion and still am cos he seemed to overreact to something minor ytzi did (ithink ) and later he jumped on the banwagon fairly quick . I knoq that this doesnt count for much since we dont have much to go on or theorize but idk his voting seems to me much weirder than cloud's "mistake" 

As for the second one it is a referance to my first game , that big one with worldhopping, hoid and shards, where I was super into it but got misslynched d2or3 for making rookie mistakes and slips of the tougne

4 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

Village reading @BrightnessRadiant from this post. Her confusion as to the player who made this statement, and so is suspicious, feels genuine to me.

Oh, I'm sure the confusion is genuine.  Whether that was a villager getting confused, or an elim getting confused about which villager they could throw suspicion on...that's a different question.

If Drake and Manukos turn out to be one elim and one village, then the confusion is a basis for a village read on BR, but until and unless that's the case, I'm inclined to say NAI.

Also: I will be unavailable for the last few hours of this cycle, and the first half or so of the next.

Edited by Yitzi2

@OrlokTsubodai I said that I didn't have any suspicions as of yet. Still don't. So far, it all looka like scambling to try and figure out what's going on. That's why I didn't come up with a different lynch canindate... I couldn't come up with one

Also I laughed too

Edited by The Flash

So is that it? Straw is just dead? What happened to the whole "After you die you’ll return here for a couple cycles before “passing on” (see, morbid guy, right?) during which you’ll be “judged for your actions". Was it cause he didn't perform any actions upon which to be judged?

1 minute ago, Clanky said:

So is that it? Straw is just dead? What happened to the whole "After you die you’ll return here for a couple cycles before “passing on” (see, morbid guy, right?) during which you’ll be “judged for your actions". Was it cause he didn't perform any actions upon which to be judged?

He returned to the Cognitive realm, and will presumably be there for a couple of cycles before "passing on".  Look at the player list: He's in the Cognitive.

Edited by Yitzi2

2 minutes ago, Megasif said:

A question: do the bad guys know each other?

Presumably; that's fairly usual for an elim team.

And now for a bit of RP (I'll have to edit this if the rest of the writeup contradicts it):

The Wanderer turned the corner, and saw a Dakhor monk raise his sword to strike Alvron.  He Pulled at the sword, but the Dakhor was supernaturally strong, and managed to get in a killing blow before the sword was ripped from his grip.  There goes the last of my Iron.

He barely noticed that his bracelet had begun to spin, ever so slowly.

63 words so far.

2 minutes ago, Megasif said:

A question: do the bad guys know each other?

It is safe to asume that 

Not knowing who else is with you would make the game frustratingly confusing and makes puting killorders a mess

It could however work in a faction game like lg ... the bondsmithing one, but even then you know someone

Just now, Manukos said:

It is safe to asume that 

Not knowing who else is with you would make the game frustratingly confusing and makes puting killorders a mess

It could however work in a faction game like lg ... the bondsmithing one, but even then you know someone

Yeah; I'd go so far as to say that what characterizes an elim-type faction is that they do know each others' identities.

3 minutes ago, Megasif said:

Right. So guessing the bad guys led the charge on Straw then.

@Yitzi2 @Manukos

The original votes for Straw could very well have been innocent, but those last-minute changes (and retraction) do look fairly suspicious.

Then again, I've been in games where I was up for a first-day lynch, ended up not-lynched due to a last-minute switch, and it wasn't an elim plan to save their teammate.

Edited by Yitzi2

20 minutes ago, Yitzi2 said:

He returned to the Cognitive realm, and will presumably be there for a couple of cycles before "passing on".  Look at the player list: He's in the Cognitive.

Oops, I missed that. 

6 hours ago, OrlokTsubodai said:

why join this vote without reasoning of your own? This, along with your second bandwagoning vote later in the cycle, which required significant pushing to get reassigning out of you for(I actually kept that one on cloud, if that's what you mean), does make me suspicious of you.

So I have had to explain this every time I join a bandwagon.

The reason you join a bandwagon is because people (like Orlok) have made convincing cases so the pedestrians (most of the rest of us) are convinced and so fall in behind the mob leaders.

I feel like a lynch on Cloudjumper is kind of always hard to justify. He's rarely around enough to get a read on him or his potential teammates. So I vote on Straw because I didn't really consider Cloudjumper as a possibility.

Also, I'm not entirely sure I understand the format of this game. I've heard that it's a blackout game. Does that mean the last man standing wins? But there are also alignments. The intro post was kinda skimpy on how we should actually be playing this game.

7 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I feel like a lynch on Cloudjumper is kind of always hard to justify. He's rarely around enough to get a read on him or his potential teammates. So I vote on Straw because I didn't really consider Cloudjumper as a possibility.

Also, I'm not entirely sure I understand the format of this game. I've heard that it's a blackout game. Does that mean the last man standing wins? But there are also alignments. The intro post was kinda skimpy on how we should actually be playing this game.

Blackout just means we know nothing about the mechanics and roles before the game and have to figure it out as we go. There are still eliminators and villagers and all that.

"Evidence for what?"

-

"All rise for the Honorable Judge Phil." The choice of judge was perhaps unreasonable, but it had been done at the last minute.

"You may be seated," he said, speaking out loud for once instead of in everyone's heads. "Court is now in session for the case of Mr. Albert Vron v. Mr. Hooded Cloak. Would the plaintiff please stand and give his opening statement?"

"Very well," said the man with the red facemask, apparently Mr. Vron. "I was assaulted by the defendant last night in this very spot."

"You were in the middle of attempted theft," the hooded man said. "Exhibit A: This box of two Essence Marks. Worth a great deal more than 20 gold, the level at which it would be a felony to rob. According to Silverlight law, I could not be punished by kicking you while trying to steal it."

"OBJECTION! I wasn't trying to steal it, just trying to, you know, borrow it for a while. After all, I would die without one."

"I already gave you one, Mr. Vron. You didn't try to swallow it like someone here, did you?" He glared at an innocent man in the gallery, who just shrugged.

"Order in the court!" Phil banged his gavel. "This trial is a farce! I--"

"INDEED IT IS, 'JUDGE PHIL.'" Odium. "PERHAPS YOU SHOULD HAVE FOCUSED ON THE REAL ISSUE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO APPEASE THIS PATHETIC MORTAL."

"Objection!" Al Vron said. "That was...objectionable!"

"AS I WAS SAYING, YOU ARRIVED JUST IN TIME TO WITNESS THE DEATH OF THE GODS AND THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS REALM. BEHOLD, THE POWER OF LORD ODIUM!"

The sky was pierced with a sound like shattering glass. The world turned red--or rather, it seemed that the world was drained of every color except red. A great tear had been slashed across the heavens. It bled. A body slowly descended from the sky, carried by tendrils of energy. The hooded man caught it in his arms. It was the corpse of a woman. "Aona." he whispered. "Odium, you will pay! For her and for Sel!"

"I'M NOT FINISHED HERE YET. SKAI, WHERE ARE YOU? COME OUT AND PLAY."

"Now would be a very good time to use your Mark!" the hooded man shouted, cradling the Vessel's body in his arms. He turned on the spot and the other spirits saw him change, glowing faintly but now in the physical realm.

"YES, RUN, FOOLS. SEE HOW YOU CANNOT STAND AGAINST ME."

-

The battle with the Dakhor continued. The monster had grabbed a sword and was now fighting with superhuman strength. It considered its opponents for a moment before charging directly at the wanderer. He wasn't armed.

Suddenly, as the thing ran at him, its sword was pulled completely from its hand. The wanderer caught it, deftly twisting in his hand before shifting into a defensive stance. The Dakhor kept running and met the wanderer's slash head-on, shattering the sword. It raised its supercharged fist for another killing blow--

BANG!

The Dakhor instantly crumpled to the ground, bleeding profusely from its head. A man stood in the doorway of a nearby shop--"Strider's Armory"--with a strange contraption in his hand. The remaining people stared at him in surprise, while the wanderer kicked the Dakhor. It wasn't getting up anytime soon.

The newcomer, probably "Strider", shook his head and dropped the thing to the ground. "I always hate using guns. Feels like cheating. Anyway, we have to get to Elantris as fast as possible. We need to rendezvous with the others still arriving in from the Cognitive Realm. He wanted me to give each of you something, but there isn't time. I'll have to take them with us." Strider revealed a box that looked eerily similar to the one which had contained the hooded man's Essence Marks. "To your feet, guardians of time. Today we run...to Elantris!"

Remember that you can earn up to 2 gold per cycle for RP and discussion. A cycle includes both the Day and Night turns. If you already received 2 participation gold, you will not receive more until the next cycle. If you already did 200 words of RP, you received gold for that, but if not, doing more RP to bring your cycle's total up to 200 words will give you the RP gold for this cycle.

38 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Does that mean the last man standing wins? But there are also alignments. The intro post was kinda skimpy on how we should actually be playing this game.

It says in the rules:

Good guys win if they kill the bad guys, bad guys win if there are more of them than the good guys.

Which is just the usual.

I knew I was forgetting something...

Vote Tally:
Straw (5): Alvron, Araris, Cloud, Drake, Clanky
Cloud (4): Aster, Yitzi, Flash, Roadwalker
Manukos (1): Brightness
Roadwalker (1): Orlok

Edited by Ecthelion III

6 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

Oh, I'm sure the confusion is genuine.  Whether that was a villager getting confused, or an elim getting confused about which villager they could throw suspicion on...that's a different question.

:P finally someone isn't fully trusting me right outta the gate....I've been trying to warn you :ph34r: But yes, yes I was confused cuz I'm village haha (I'm not helping your reads am I @OrlokTsubodai haha oops)

6 hours ago, Yitzi2 said:

The original votes for Straw could very well have been innocent, but those last-minute changes (and retraction) do look fairly suspicious.

Then again, I've been in games where I was up for a first-day lynch, ended up not-lynched due to a last-minute switch, and it wasn't an elim plan to save their teammate.

Hmmmm who saved you from that lynch last minute...oh yes it was me...you're welcome :lol: lol