On another note, the poll for Location is up!

EDIT: I think I have anothee epic I want to use all thought up.

Name: Lukas McKnight

Epic Name: Knox, as in Fort Knox

Primary Ability: Basically building in fortnite. He can create matter with absurd structural integrity in any shape comprised of a single plane, I.e a ramp/ wall. No prof-esque bubble traps, and nothing smaller than 25 square feet, give or take. Used mostly for cool bases and cover in combat, as well as trapping the odd civilian before tossing in a grenade.

Secondary Ability: Enhanced everything. Just all around superhuman—more speed, more strength, more agility, tougher, more endurance, faster reflexes, etc. Nothing more than say an Olympic athlete, but still plenty impressive.

tertiary ability: Phasing. Knox can phase through his own walls when he wants.

Background: growing up, Lukas spent most of his time with a few friends doing dares, playing sports, getting in fights, and generally trying to push the limits of what he could do. He joined the Canadian Armed Forces at age 19 at the urging of his father to try to instill a little self-preservation, but instead Lukas became even more of a risk taker, often being given the worst duties as punishment for all the things he did. 

After becoming an epic, he began challenging others to duels in an attempt to prove himself or die trying. This has led him to (insert Canadian/European city here) to try to finally find his match.

Allied with Silhouette due to some handwavium.

Edited by Bladestorm

If you guys don't mind, I would like to slide into this reboot.

Just a quick thing on location, I could go either way. I think that locating it on Europe could provide some interesting dynamics in terms of nationalism/history that america didn't have just because of its size and relatively recent formation. On the other hand, going to Canada would be cool, and convenient for certain people. I would have to make a new epic either way, so I don't really care.

11 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

If you guys don't mind, I would like to slide into this reboot.

Just a quick thing on location, I could go either way. I think that locating it on Europe could provide some interesting dynamics in terms of nationalism/history that america didn't have just because of its size and relatively recent formation. On the other hand, going to Canada would be cool, and convenient for certain people. I would have to make a new epic either way, so I don't really care.

Personally, I feel like Europe would end up more like the wastelands, with a territory war, while Canada would end up more city-based. Both sound intriguing!

Just now, Bladestorm said:

Personally, I feel like Europe would end up more like the wastelands, with a territory war, while Canada would end up more city-based. Both sound intriguing!

I'm leaning really heavily towards Canada because both of my current Epics are drifters who interact best with big groups of people with strange belief systems, but really, I just wanna get started. I miss writing for my favorite blood crazy babe.

She'll probably get a bit of a design, fashion wise, because seriously, her old costume made her look like a scab. 

Just now, winter devotion said:

I'm leaning really heavily towards Canada because both of my current Epics are drifters who interact best with big groups of people with strange belief systems, but really, I just wanna get started. I miss writing for my favorite blood crazy babe.

She'll probably get a bit of a design, fashion wise, because seriously, her old costume made her look like a scab. 

I love how Canada qualifies as a big group of people with a strange belief system. I’m now permanently referring to Canadians by that.

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

omg i meant like concentrated in a single city 

I know, just joking lol. And yeah there’s a number of places in southern Ontario that have piles of mid-sized and large cities to bounce around, as well as parts of Quebec and BC.

Question: If an Epic were to have their weakness unintentionally constantly active, would the evil go away? Or no? I'm asking for a character I have brewing in my head, although I'm unsure if I'm even going to do this.

I know, just joking lol. And yeah there’s a number of places in southern Ontario that have piles of mid-sized and large cities to bounce around, as well as parts of Quebec and BC.

ahaha. yeah, i kmonow, i was joking too. 
Nice to get back to the normal banter, yo. Now all we need are some memes, pugs, and ponies. Then this party will really be started.

Just now, winter devotion said:

ahaha. yeah, i kmonow, i was joking too. 
Nice to get back to the normal banter, yo. Now all we need are some memes, pugs, and ponies. Then this party will really be started.

Image result for pony pug

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

Image result for pony pug

That is easily the greatest insertion of a ponypug in history

Also, it depends on whether or not they face it or deny it. let’s say water was your fear; being pushed in and pulled out by someone else wouldn’t count, but consciously choosing to dive in to complete a job or save a loved one would count.

That said, evil should stay until were partway through the story for character dev.

Edited by Bladestorm

Obviously part of the fun of writing in the Reckonersverse is making epics, but it would also be cool to have some Vanillas.  Any ideas for those?  I already have Brandon and I could introduce Ian since he never made it to the Dalles.  Any others?

Also, do we want to set a limit on OP epics (Rainmaker, Lucentia, Soulcaster, etc) and encourage non-high epics or high epics with less devastating offensive powers to encourage the development of mid level epics and vanillas?  Getting overpopulated with High epics was a common problem previously so we may wish to avoid that.  

Just now, Comatose said:

Obviously part of the fun of writing in the Reckonersverse is making epics, but it would also be cool to have some Vanillas.  Any ideas for those?  I already have Brandon and I could introduce Ian since he never made it to the Dalles.  Any others?

Also, do we want to set a limit on OP epics (Rainmaker, Lucentia, Soulcaster, etc) and encourage non-high epics or high epics with less devastating offensive powers to encourage the development of mid level epics and vanillas?  Getting overpopulated with High epics was a common problem previously so we may wish to avoid that.  

Are we aiming to wreck the city or leave it just a bit msesed up?

3 minutes ago, Comatose said:

Honestly, I wouldn’t oppose a ban on all high epics, period. It would promote a little more paranoia, a little more caution in alliances, etc. We could try to move at a faster pace, killing off the odd character to move things along.

Honestly, I wouldn’t oppose a ban on all high epics, period. It would promote a little more paranoia, a little more caution in alliances, etc. We could try to move at a faster pace, killing off the odd character to move things along.

I'd be willing to off Chase, maybe, but Red's definitely gonna stick around. She's... persistent like that. (My precious serial killer)

6 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Friendship with Red is like a balancing act of trying to keep yourself from killing her and trying to keep yourself from getting killed by her. 

I wish I’d had characters to develop like that *sigh* but that’s what the reboot is for eh?

I wish I’d had characters to develop like that *sigh* but that’s what the reboot is for eh?

you want to be responsible for unleashing that... that... uh... entity upon the universe and several innocent people's brains? 

ah.hah.hah. 

why do i do this to myself

Oregon's destiny was destruction, but we are somewhat less limited than we were in Oregon, though obviously we would have to keep things somewhat low key to explain why the Reckoners' attention was occupied elsewhere. Regardless, destruction or lackthereof can occur regardless of whether there is a high concentration of high epics or not.  

I'm fine with allowing a good amount low powered epics with prime invincibilities (Fortuity, for example).  Even Taylor Swift (who I would really love to use) is powerful and has a PI, but won't be levelling any cities any time soon.  I think where issues occurred was having too many epics with world breaking offensive capabilities.  Some of these were necessary for plot reasons (the rulers of the different cities, for example, had to be capable of keeping lesser epics in line or they wouldn't be in charge), but personally I think it would be cool to focus on mid-level epics for the sequel

What if, whatever city we choose, has been relatively untouched by High Epics, aside from the odd rampage now and then, as most powerhouses have moved on to more important cities?  The vanilla population still lives in fear of course, and mid-level epics strut around like they own the place, but the relative lack of high powered epics to impose order makes it both chaotic but somewhat free?  

1 minute ago, Comatose said:

Oregon's destiny was destruction, but we are somewhat less limited than we were in Oregon, though obviously we would have to keep things somewhat low key to explain why the Reckoners' attention was occupied elsewhere. Regardless, destruction or lackthereof can occur regardless of whether there is a high concentration of high epics or not.  

I'm fine with allowing a good low powered epics with prime invincibilities (Fortuity, for example).  Even Taylor Swift (who I would really love to use) is powerful and has a PI, but won't be levelling any cities any time soon.  I think where issues occurred was having too many epics with world breaking offensive capabilities.  Some of these were necessary for plot reasons (the rulers of the different cities, for example, had to be capable of keeping lesser epics in line or they wouldn't be in charge), but personally I think it would be cool to focus on mid-level epics for the sequel

What if, whatever city we choose, has been relatively untouched by High Epics, aside from the odd rampage now and then, as most powerhouses have moved on to more important cities?  The vanilla population still lives in fear of course, and mid-level epics strut around like they own the place, but the relative lack of high powered epics to impose order makes it both chaotic but somewhat free?  

I like this. It fits a lot of Canadian cities well, as well as giving vanillas more of a chance at the spotlight.