Second Annual Sanderson Tournament

Patar

I'm gonna say Kaladin takes this one. Stormlight healing is much more effective than pewter. Plus, if we're talking Kal at the end of WoR 

Spoiler

Then he has a shardspear

meaning he has little metal to push on and Surgebinders just seem like Mistborn 2.0. And then I just prefer Kaladin and his struggles.

Kaladin

1: Kelseir was a wonderful person during the time of the books, but he was a spoiled lord before the book. Kaladin was a good guy all his life.

2: Kaladin helps anybody, even his enemies. Kelseir hates lords so much that he even (SH)

Spoiler

Is upset that they let Elend be king

3: Kelseir is skilled at Pushing and Pulling, which allow him to sort of fly, whereas Kaladin can manipulate gravity. He could just shoot Kelseir upwards.

Looks like I'll have to throw Kelsier some love, mainly because I want to see a Marsh/Kelsier final. Plus, I think Kelsier could win in a fight. Not easily, a fight between these two could go either way, but Kel fights dirty, in ways Kaladin might not expect. It wouldn't be easy for Kaladin to get close to Kel, and a coin through the head is fatal, the Stormlight couldn't react fast enough to heal him (I think). Even if Kaladin got near Kel, atium is OP as hell. 

Kelsier might be unfamiliar with Surges, but Kaladin won't know how allomancy works either. And where Kaladin fights with honor, Kelsier will take any opportunity to win, no matter how dirty or unfair it may be. 

Kelsier. His personality always spoke more to me, and I love how he has always managed to find hope in situations. He was an inspiration to all of the crew and instrumental in overthrowing the dictatorial leadership of the Lord Ruler, leading where nobody else would. He fought for his cause, and cared deeply for Vin, teaching her a few things about trust and friendship. His fight with The Lord Ruler was amazing, and he understood the meaning of sacrifice in the broader context of the revolution. Plus (SH+BoM)

Spoiler

He punched a shard, survived where nobody thought it was possible and now he's (maybe, who really knows) helping out the southerners. 

I like Kal, and admire his strength, but Kelsier is one of my favourite characters in fiction.

Ohhh... the struggle... I like both of these characters so much!

But I'll have to go with Kaladin. It's awesome how he overcomes his struggles both with depression and with his own morality, especially pertaining to his brother.

YouCantMakeMeChooseYouCantMakeMeChooseYouCantMakeMeChoose

It's amazing how much Kaladin's charcter has developed in just two books. I was going to vote for him but...Kelsier. Idek. I probably wouldn't have voted for him if i hadn't read Secret History :ph34r:

Kelsier. He is simply awesome. He is a skilled fighter, he is funny, he trusts others. He tries to help the skaa, and he has a consuming hate of nobles. He is psychopathic. He could have been a villain. At least two villains in Mistborn has the same goal as him. Quellion even bases his rules on Kelsier. That is the great thing with Kelsier: he appeared a hero, but his message, and his actions, were sometimes incredibly wrong. But he is charming, so everyone likes him. Also, he is hope.

And finally:

Spoiler

He had one of the best death scenes ever. And his master plan was pretty sweet (even though it would have failed without Vin and the mists).

As for a fight, Atium could win it for Kelsier. Otherwise, he would most likely lose. But still, Kelsier is one of the greatest characters ever, so... in my book, he wins.

i will go with Kell since i just finished secret history 

but the outcome i assume would be based on how much atium Kell has, an if he is cognitive or physical 

@Patar you should realy explain from which point in their timeline we take these fighters 

for example if we were to take ascended vin i dont think that anyone would mesure up

3 hours ago, harambe said:

i will go with Kell since i just finished secret history 

but the outcome i assume would be based on how much atium Kell has, an if he is cognitive or physical 

@Patar you should realy explain from which point in their timeline we take these fighters 

for example if we were to take ascended vin i dont think that anyone would mesure up

We had discussed prior to the tournament that ascended Vin would be to OP, so normal Mistborn Vin was entered. 

@Patar but what about szeth (does he have the honourblade or nightblood ?)

does wax have the medalions 

does dalinar have his shards 

how many metalds do the mistborn have 

has kell died yet 

is it spook , the survivor of flames or lord mistborn

and many more 

NOTE : i do not want to imply that u did anything less of an amazing job running this tournament . you almost always on time with the matches and i could never do it 
i am merely saying that for next years tournament it would perhaps be best to set some ground rules from the begining

18 minutes ago, harambe said:

@Patar but what about szeth (does he have the honourblade or nightblood ?)

does wax have the medalions 

does dalinar have his shards 

how many metalds do the mistborn have 

has kell died yet 

is it spook , the survivor of flames or lord mistborn

and many more 

NOTE : i do not want to imply that u did anything less of an amazing job running this tournament . you almost always on time with the matches and i could never do it 
i am merely saying that for next years tournament it would perhaps be best to set some ground rules from the begining

That's definitely something I'll have to work on for next time. Nightblood is weird, considering he was both a contestant and a weapon used by Vasher and maybe Szeth. For what's left of this tournament I'll try and clarify what point all of these characters are at. Thank you for the feedback, I really do appreciate it!

Edit: For this match, I imagined Kelsier as a Mistborn before his death, since we haven't seen much of what he can do after death. 

Edited by Patar