Long Game 26: Cognitive Dissonance

Nyali

Do you mean the defenestration of Luckat?

Then yes. I was the one who Defenestrated Luckat. Because she had a blowgun, and was most likely a Ghostblood. (Note that if anyone in a writeup is killed via thrown out a window, It's either me, someone imitating me, or, very rarely, someone completely unrelated to me who enjoys a good defenestration.)

Okay. I'm not condemning you -- it's your win condition, after all. We just needed to know.

I am now starting to wonder if the Eliminators even have a kill. I suspect we'll find out tonight, though -- there are no less than thirteen players on Scadrial, giving the Haters a better chance at an anonymous kill than they will likely see for the rest of the game.

EDIT: Oh, and just for the edification of the public, I'm about 85℅ sure that Stink was Lightsong. He died by giving his breath away -- which was a win condition for him, by the way -- and was carrying a Lifeless squirrel.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

3 hours ago, The Only Joe said:

In other news, I am on Roshar, and it looks like Luckat dropped a Chromiummind Medallion and a Parshendi Blowgun. If anyone has item destruction powers, I vote they come over and destroy the blowgun.

Yeah, those two items combined pretty much confirm Lucy's role, as far as I'm concerned. Considering that Odin gave up his life to Dr. Occulta, I doubt he was anything other than Independent, though I suppose he could have been a Child. For the record, Odin didn't tell us ahead of time what he was planning, but he did make comments that gave me the impression he had little interest in fighting this war. As a result, I would guess the death tally is at 2 Ghostbloods and 1  Independent so far. Given it is now the Third Day and thirty of us are still left, we don't seem to be too bad of a position. I'm hoping that someone will have useful information to bring forward today, but if not, I am on Scadrial with twelve others, at least one of which is likely to be evil, and have enough charges of "Feruchemical Tin" to learn a good deal of information. If I'm lucky (which I undoubtedly am; you have heard my many titles, yes?), then I suspect we will find the first of Rayse's allies this time tomorrow, if we fail to catch one today.

Edited by Amanuensis

Just as a heads up, I'm not going to have internet much for about the next 10 days. So I won't be able to post or talk in PM's all that much during that time.

Edit: Hey Burnt, mind telling me what World you're on? Or maybe if you have PM powers, would you mind PM'ing me? :lol:

Edited by TheMightyLopen

1 hour ago, TheMightyLopen said:

Just as a heads up, I'm not going to have internet much for about the next 10 days. So I won't be able to post or talk in PM's all that much during that time.

Edit: Hey Burnt, mind telling me what World you're on? Or maybe if you have PM powers, would you mind PM'ing me? :lol:

I'm on Sel currently. 

Just so all of you Children on other worlds know, Bard and Rae want to alienate me from helping the Children for the rest of the game. Stink dropped a Lifeless Squirrel on the ground, which means that I don't need to get anyone's help for that particular win condition, and now Bard is threatening to control me like a marionette by making sure that I can't get that Lifeless, and Rae is supporting his plan. Fortunately, I'm quite certain I can find a Lifeless elsewhere (from a different kind soul) that doesn't require me being controlled (which is something I'm vehemently against when it comes to any alignment in this game, regardless of my own personal alignment.)

I am not an obstacle for the Children to beat down. I am merely another player in this game who has no desire to work for or against the Children (or GOH) unless it works for me. Controlling me or even threatening to control me will not work. All it will accomplish is truly alienating me, and then I will work against you. I would advise against that.

23 minutes ago, Nyali said:

Iohn is being replaced due to inactivity. Daniyah will be replacing him.

That's scary. I really should post more often, I don't even remember the last time I posted. Maybe it's because I've been really busy IRL for the last few days. But, I promise to pay more attention and participate more now :D yay 

Edited by I_am_a_Stick

So 2 nights have gone by without a GoH kill, and 1 day has gone by without a lynch.

This could mean a few different things:

1. Either the GoH don't have a kill,
  2. the GoH don't have a goal related to killing people,
  3. the GoH have a goal to kill the ghostbloods,
  4. Or the eliminators are all inactive.

I'm suddenly nervous that it's the third option. Joe.

What did the books say about the GBs? All I remember is that they have Worldhoppers and oppose the Sons of Honor. 

Joe, how much Investiture do you have? You attacked two people in a row, and your attack cost between 3 and 7 Investiture each time. Assuming 3 each time, that cost 6 total. Assuming 7 each, that cost 14 total. That's a lot more Investiture than what I started with.

I am going to vote for Joe as well, partly because I am suspicious of the fact he is described as "malicious darkness" in the write up, and partly because of a culmination of other factors I will have to articulate later since I really should be asleep right now. Mostly, I would like some context about why he is hunting down the Ghostbloods.

Speaking of, @Dalinar Kholin, am I right about you being the last Ghostblood, or at least one of? I swear i saw you post their name in pink before anyone else, and then noticed you edited it to black shortly after. On D1 I accidentally did the same thing when I colored Adonalsium with the Children's green, so it made me believe you went through a similar "oh crap" moment. I then told my PM about it, which included PK, who promptly asked Joe in thread, to which after a short delay he said pink, which meant either he was telling the truth or that one of the very few players at the time were a spy for him. Bard later confirmed he saw pink when he scanned Mage.

If I'm right about you being a Ghostblood, I am willing to help you avenge your teammates by lynching him in exchange for a public release of your factions win con and all of the characters that your PM suggests are in this game. I would also love to hear anything else you're willing to share, but those are the two things I'm interested in primarily. If I'm wrong about you being a Ghostblood... well, then you have a LOT of explaining to do about why you used that particular shade of pink.

7 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

What did the books say about the GBs? All I remember is that they have Worldhoppers and oppose the Sons of Honor.

The sons of Honor

Spoiler

Want the voidbringers to return, based on the assumption that the heralds will return as well.

Which could possibly put them on the side of Odium.

The Ghostbloods oppose them, which might give a reason for Odium to want them dead.