Random Stuff IX: Rogue Admins

So. X-Men Apocalypse.

Spoiler free? S'alright. 

The above sentence should be said with kind of a half-hearted shrug, because... well, it's okay. Not great, not terrible. Just... okay.

Ugh. No, please. Better to wait to get home to scroll the Shard than suffer the indignities of the mobile version of the site.

You can choose "Full version" down at the bottom of every page. The normal version is obviously not made for mobiles, but it still works.

So. X-Men Apocalypse.

Spoiler free? S'alright. 

The above sentence should be said with kind of a half-hearted shrug, because... well, it's okay. Not great, not terrible. Just... okay.

Honestly, not particularly surprising. I was skeptical as soon as the revealed what Apocalypse would look like...

I mean really, how do you get this:

x-men-apocalypse-pic-1.jpg

From this:

Apocalypse_head.jpg

Honestly, not particularly surprising. I was skeptical as soon as the revealed what Apocalypse would look like...

I mean really, how do you get this:

x-men-apocalypse-pic-1.jpg

From this:

Apocalypse_head.jpg

Well, Apocalypse is kind of a hard sell to begin with. The character is, frankly, kind of awful. His M.O and regalia makes him seem like an A-List villain -definitely an opinion bolstered by the way everyone reacts when he shows up- but in practice, he's very solidly a B-List X-Villain.

I actually kind of liked some of Apocalypse early scenes in the film... but he quickly became sort of a generic villain, which is disappointing. 

I am offend!

I'm on the shard almost exclusively on mobile and I think it's great.

You must apology with cyber-boots!

But the Shard page is so big!  And my phone screen is so tiny!  I dislike scrunching down to read on tiny screen.  Is annoying.  Also, I am old.

You can choose "Full version" down at the bottom of every page. The normal version is obviously not made for mobiles, but it still works.

Again with the tiny screen.

Anyway, it's a moot point.  Apparently the Shard has been unblocked.

Well, Apocalypse is kind of a hard sell to begin with. The character is, frankly, kind of awful. His M.O and regalia makes him seem like an A-List villain -definitely an opinion bolstered by the way everyone reacts when he shows up- but in practice, he's very solidly a B-List X-Villain.

I actually kind of liked some of Apocalypse early scenes in the film... but he quickly became sort of a generic villain, which is disappointing. 

This is a good assessment. I guess my real issue is that he reminds me of the Ooze guy from the Power Rangers movie in the 90's...

Edit: This is perfect, I was looking for a picture of the Ooze guy and I find this:

fans-think-the-new-x-men-character-looks

Edited by Iron Eyes

This is a good assessment. I guess my real issue is that he reminds me of the Ooze guy from the Power Rangers movie in the 90's...

Edit: This is perfect, I was looking for a picture of the Ooze guy and I find this:

fans-think-the-new-x-men-character-looks

...Well.The X-Men are Teenagers in this movie, and they do express a certain degree of Attitude...

...there's a fanfic here. 

And do they wear spandex? :ph34r:

This is the Bryan Singer X-Universe.

They shall wear leather. And they will all be the Black Ranger.

(Seriously, after how colourful the suits were in First Class and Deadpool, kinda disappointing to go so serious again.)

Edited by Quiver

Trying to come up with a decent American word for Muggle be like: 

table_flipping_guy_meme_postcard-rcdd7c9

They shall henceforth be known as Men And Women Born Without Magic Evil Or Benign, or MAWBWMAEOBs for short. <_<

I heard someone call muggles "Filches" or "A Filch" once. Somewhat catchy.

Edited by Iron Eyes

I heard someone call muggles "Filches" or "A Filch" once. Somewhat catchy.

That is rather catchy. My problem is that while trolling some lists of 1960s and 1920s/30s slang, I've found a few words that nearly fit, but I can't figure out whether they sound stupid or not. Like….

Dips: From "dipstick" 

Some corruption of "bozo," but all I can come up with is "boze" 

"Crumb" was 30s slang for "loser," but I can't figure out how to corrupt or adapt that 

So…yeah. I'm bad at this. -_-

Buffy edit: 

Please, please, PLEASE tell me Snyder dies. Good freaking Gandhi, how does that man still have a job?

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

• Steal a clip from youtube
  • Use it in your show
  • Make Youtube take it down on basis of copyrights
source

Rusting storms like that make me really furious.

I think it has to do with an algorithm that looks for shots from the episode in other videos (That's why a bunch of people when uploading clips will crop out a portion or reverse the image). This looks like an unintended result instead of FOX merely claiming the clip as its own.

I think it has to do with an algorithm that looks for shots from the episode in other videos (That's why a bunch of people when uploading clips will crop out a portion or reverse the image). This looks like an unintended result instead of FOX merely claiming the clip as its own.

Why the mechanism that allows that even exists? Why do the author of the clip has to prove he's innocent to have his clip back on youtube? Why do we allow companies to take down things without any control? They just "say" (I know it's a work of algorithm, not a human) to take it down and it's taken down. No questions asked, the author doesn't even had a chance to defend himself. And he shouldn't even have to defend himself, it's on the accuser to prove that the accused is guilty.

But it's worse: not only Fox forces something to be taken down, they also stole from that person. That's so wrong on so many levels.

That is rather catchy. My problem is that while trolling some lists of 1960s and 1920s/30s slang, I've found a few words that nearly fit, but I can't figure out whether they sound stupid or not. Like….

Dips: From "dipstick" 

Some corruption of "bozo," but all I can come up with is "boze" 

"Crumb" was 30s slang for "loser," but I can't figure out how to corrupt or adapt that 

So…yeah. I'm bad at this. -_-

Buffy edit: 

Please, please, PLEASE tell me Snyder dies. Good freaking Gandhi, how does that man still have a job?

I can't answer that Buffy question because spoilers.

Quite nothing like buying a book, start reading it, saying to one's self, "My, these are interesting, intriguing and engaging ideas. I wonder why I have not seen books by this author before."

"Because he was a bloody Nazi!" the Internet exclaims.

"Well... rust..."