Mafia Championships 2024 Rep  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to represent our community at the mafia championships this year?

• DrakeMarshall
    • Experience

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/24 at 03:58 AM

1 hour ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

My vote is currently on Fura, but I would like to move it to Elandera, now that the MR is over and I can point to their excellent performance as a lone eliminator.

Noted.  I'll take that into consideration when the poll is closed.

@Fifth Scholar, @Cadmium Compounder, @Rathmaskal, @Snipexe, @Steeldancer and @A Joe in the Bush.  Elandera has had to unfortunately withdraw.  As I can't reset your votes without removing all votes (as far as I'm aware, will experiment after poll closes) your votes are currently voided.  Is there another you wish to vote on?

Also, poll closes in just under 26 hours from this post so if you haven't voted, please do so soon.  Very, very soon.

Voting is now closed.

The people have spoken and have selected Furamirionind as our representative.  Congratulations Fura.  I suggest you get in contact with Thingyman to arrange your spot in the Championships.  He is on Discord (Thingyman#6075) or you can do it through the Mafia Universe website.

Should the nastiest of nasties (Real Life) intrude and prevent our chosen champion from attending, then A Joe in the Bush shall take up the sword and charge bravely forward in Fura's place.

And now, as is tradition, we arm our champion with the tools that have been carefully Cultivated and honed to a fine edge here in SE.

Furamirionind, I bestow upon you the blessings of the Gods of Luck and Chance.  May they always smile down upon you.

To Furamirionind, I grant the Spren of Frustrated Villagerness. It also functions as an excellent Serial Killer Knife, the perfect knife for stabbing everyone who trusts you directly in the back. Be careful about that function, it hurts in the wrong situation. 
Oh wait, since I'm leaving, I might as well lend you Vin's daggers I still have. I lent them to Randuir last year, they're one of my most valuable items. But I want them back when I get back in 2 years. Or else. 

Edited by Steeldancer

Furamirionind, I bestow upon you the light of determination against all odds.

I wish you the resilience to keep on springing back even when things go horribly wrong.

Best of luck! I know you can do this!

Thanks everyone! This really means a lot.  Hopefully my beginners luck will continue through other forums as well!

I am not very creative with bios and things like that, but I really like what Rand did for his last year... So I kind of stole it. (Thanks Rand!)
That being said, I am mildly proud of my first paragraph. : )

For those that gave item descriptions, I tried to use the ones you gave.  For those that didn't I made up my own.  For some of them though (sorry Elandera and Lum), I created a description, and only afterwards realized that one was provided...

If anyone has any grievances with it, I probably still have time to modify it.

Oh, I have a grievance, I had no clue what to put as a description for Tarot Cards... I barely know what they are. Lol.

NATIONALITY: United Statesian (that should totally be the official term rather than "American")
STARTED PLAYING MAFIA (YEAR): 2018
HAVE PLAYED MAFIA ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: 17thshard, Chiefdelphi (Late addition)

BIO:
Furamirionind, Disciple of the Church of Mailliw, commonly known as Fura, started playing mafia all the way back in summer of 2018.  With all of their experience, they have managed an impressive 22% (2/9) win rate.  However, those knowledgeable on the subject, question that numbers accuracy, as one of those game wins was a free for all, and in the other, Fura was inactive and died night 1.

There is a being controlling Fura however, and that being has a different BIO:
T
eam Captain, Lead Programmer, Lead Design & CAD, Strategist, Electrician, PR and Presenting Lead, of FRC (FIRST Robotics Competition) team 3574, "The High Tekerz"
HRA (Highline Robotic Alliance) Executive Council member.
Dean's List Semi-Finalist x2

Even with all this engineering experience, my passion is education.  I was homeschooled from preschool through 8th grade, where I went to public school part time, and then entered running start in 10th grade.
My Mother is a teacher, and Father works Capital Projects for a school district.  Because of this, I have many perspectives on the education system that I think many people lack.  Due to my passion to overhaul education in the United States, I have been studying political science and communication in addition to engineering.  How I will end up meshing these 2-3 passions... I have no clue.  Hopefully I can.

Inventory:
Blessing of the Gods of Luck and Chance - May they smile on the beholder

Sword of Gambits - For creative and fun acts to ultimately impale yourself

Tongue of a Silverpike - For talking to the sword intending to impale you

Power of Uncertainty - To never trust needlessly those who might wish you and your allies ill 

Olaf’s Box of Matches - Use it to set a thread alight with speculation, to roast those with whom you disagree, or to burn the records of any suspicious-looking older posts

Spren of Frustrated Villagerness - It also functions as an excellent Serial Killer Knife, the perfect knife for stabbing everyone who trusts you directly in the back. Be careful about that function, it hurts in the wrong situation

Vin's Daggers - Hard to detect, even by the user

Light of Determination - GAME OVER (It cannot end now!)

Shattered Remnant of Devotion - Throughout all the killing, the power to Cultivate friendships

Full Chromium-Mind - Luck, that can be stored or used

Deck of Tarot Cards - Can predict the future?

The Staff of Aralis - Perfect for enforcing sensible discussion

Edited by Furamirionind

2 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

Oh, I have a grievance, I had no clue what to put as a description for Tarot Cards... I barely know what they are. Lol.

'can predict the future?' is a fairly decent prediction (technically they'd also do for the past and present). The trick is to combine them with tapping Chromium and a load of BS, and maybe something sensible will come from it :P 

5 minutes ago, Mailliw73 said:

*clears throat awkwardly* Not to nitpick, but, um, Church of Mailliw is an awkward name. Order of the Storm is the preferred name of the Storm’s followers. Maill’s disciples is an acceptable name as well. ;)

Nitpicking is fine. : )

3 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

"Furamirionind, Disciple of Maill's Disciples..." :P 

I would go with that just for amusements sake, but as Maill seems intent to nitpick on my mistakes, perhaps I shouldn't... : P

Edited by Furamirionind