Hmmm, well, I think I know what you mean by that, but I'm not sure how it relates to the rest of the second message, 'cause I didn't really understand any of it. I think the sequence got slightly messed up somehow. Would you mind repeating the second message completely? Sorry again.

Just for you man.

pudyiwsxamsp

Also, new message. blvqbnnwaiopwu

Edited by Kynedath

Well these codes are really not helpful/useful to anyone else but I understand why they are happening. I think it might be best to just ignore it. If Kyn and Lopen were both traders they wouldn't need to discuss with codes if they could just easily talk in a doc.

just thought helpfully especially promote 

Also I just thought that I could promote some discussion by doing a code sentence, especially since I've never tried to hide my code in something like that before. Aka the only reason for doing this was to get my code in here and hopefully get people to guess incorrectly on one of my three fake words if they do decide to take a look at this.

take a look please, just don't guess my code wrong unless you are a trader.

Edited by Clanky

First of the Twilight winced at the height of the stars as soon as she opened the door to her home. The night was well on, it seemed. She’d slept in.

Well, it didn’t matter. She couldn’t do anything about that now. She’d just to have to make do with the amount of night she had left.

After carefully checking around to make sure nothing had been disturbed, First of the Twilight set out from home with Imi and the new bird, who she hadn’t found a very good name for yet. In the meantime, it was Bluie. Very unsatisfactory, but it would be fine for a label at the moment.

She went on a fairly easy walk, without a relatively low threat level. There was barely even a threat of outright death, for instance, though dismemberment was still possible if she didn’t walk carefully.

Throughout it all, she was completely fine. As a final test, she went near a particular tree, which she knew to be festooned with mind-sensing vines, usually enough of a threat that she had to detour around it. It didn’t even twitch.

She grinned triumphantly. I’ve got a Mind Shield Aviar now! This is great! Now it didn’t matter if she went out during the daytime, when most of the mind-sensing predators were active. She was much less close to death now then she’d ever been before.

She came back to her home a short while later, still exhilarated. She maintained the cages for her various Aviar for a while, and then went to bed. She deserved an early night, after that find.

Sorry for no more analysis tonight. I don’t have anything to say about what’s happened since I last posted, and I’ve been immersed in dealing with LG16, so don’t expect quite as much of me until that’s over.

Also, I’ll be travelling tomorrow afternoon, so I should be on once more in about ten hours, and then probably nothing for the rest of the day. Apologies.

"mhkrdsspepwqtivrhw"

Kynedath, you can make a code with every person you contact actually. Just make sure to change the you-know-what. It might make the thread a bit odd looking, but who cares!  :lol:

To everyone else, this code is supposed to be pretty difficult to crack, so I would suggest not wasting your time with it. Especially if you're a villager. I don't mind if the eliminators waste their time!  :P

Okay, so rather than all of our protective Aviar and Observant Aviar going blind, I was thinking we could try to set up some kind of system where it will be more likely that these Aviar's Actions don't overlap. To do this, we'd have to have some knowledge of Aviar though, so it's not exactly possible right this moment. Kynedath, I think you can make this happen though, since you can PM players. Really, we only need one or two known Aviar to make this work right.

I was thinking we'd do something like this. There are 14 players left, and I'm guessing there's somewhere around 2 protective Aviar out there maybe(one Death Sight and one Mind Force), and we know there's at least one Observant Aviar out there as well(though Ada thinks the traders may have stolen it from him, which is definitely a possibility, since I'm sure they have some system for stealing Aviar and are more likely to guess right, imo). Anyways, I'm hoping there's at least one trapper who has an Observant Aviar out there, since that should give us 3 Aviar to spread through the players(1 Death Sight, 1 Mind Force and 1 Observant). So we split the players in small groups(leaving out polking, Stink and Kynedath, since there deaths can help us, so it's unlikely they will be attacked before their Mentors), and assign each specific Aviar to that group, letting the player who has that Aviar choose from that group, making it difficult for the eliminators to dodge our protects and info Aviar.

Here it is:

Death Sight protects(4):

Lopen

Adavantos

PK

Elbereth

Mind Force protects(3):

Shallan

Ripple

SilverDragon

Observant "protect(since if they catch someone targeting one of these players and that player dies, it will be pretty good evidence)"(4):

Mailliw

Clanky

Hellscythe

Water

Nothing:

polking

Stink

Kynedath

It's not perfect, but it might be better than doing everything blind. The reason that it would be good to know about one of these Aviar is that it's not a sure thing that there is one of each, and so if any one of these Aviar are not in play, a group will be left unprotected. But if we knew of two of a type of Aviar, then we could assign the second one to the place where a group is most likely vulnerable.

There may also need to be some discussion about what type of Aviar guards what group, since Death Sight allows actions/Aviar, whereas Mind Force does not, and Observant doesn't offer any actual protection from death. I personally would like to be protected by Death Sight because I have a role, and because I may have an Aviar as well.  :ph34r: (I'm not requesting protection here, just saying I want to be in the Death Sight protected group, because I want to stay alive and use my role/Aviar. I would be totally fine with it if someone wants to protect me though. :)) I understand that most players would like to be in this group though, and we shouldn't request being in that group since it will give away that you have a role/Aviar that you want to use. Mind Force does allow you to keep guessing codes though, if you want to do that. But again, requesting to be in a certain group can give the eliminators clues about your role/Aviar.

We could also remove certain players if we wanted the groups to be somewhat more protected. All we would have to do is decide who we would be okay with dying, and then kick them off the list! That way we could somewhat direct the eliminator kill to players who are regarded as suspicious, and so we could hopefully move discussion along faster by not just focusing on the same few players each Cycle.

Another thing we should take into account is the possibility that there is another Patji out there. While one option would be that we could ask that they kill one of the Sori's to clear the Mentors, we could also put a group together who the general consensus would be okay with dying to the Patji(and those players would of course be exempt from the other groups). I would suggest that this group always be limited to 2 or 3 players though, so that the protect/info Aviar still have enough players to have the chance to block the eliminator kill(or at least make them pay through catching them in the act).

Adavantos should be removed from all groups every other Cycle though, unless he states otherwise, since he has the "Hidden" role.

I would also like to request that all Beautiful Aviar owners NOT use those Aviar right now, since information gathering is top priority right now. So if someone gets roleblocked, I'm pretty much just gonna assume it was a trader who did it.

One last thing! Since it appears we're going to lynch polking, I think it might be a good idea for someone to add their vote to him to insure that no vote manipulation can occur(without someone looking mighty suspicious). polking, you could even vote for yourself if you're okay with it. Or Water could to clear himself(unless he knows it won't clear him! :o). That's it for me for this Cycle! Hopefully I live to do more codes and planning with you guys. 

Dai Hyd Rogen was the first voice this morning.  "Pepe! You've been making a lot of noise, but you haven't said anything of substance. You're trying to hide, aren't you? You're with the trading company."

Pepe scoffed. "Mon ami! You should be grateful I've shared such rich wisdom with you. Besides, you seem to be talking without saying anything too, non?"

Sean spoke up. "Water taught me everything I know about the Pantheon jungle. He's not a trader." Everyone stared at him. He'd been so quiet before, with only a vague outburst the previous day.

First of the Twilight spoke. "How about... we kill Sean, to find out if we can trust Dai?"

"Are you crazy? We'll learn so much more by killing Dai!" That was Lewis, glaring at Twilight.

"No. No, I'm the better option. He knows the jungle. He'll serve you much better."

Lewis rolled his eyes. "That's what I said! We kill Dai!" He levelled his machete at Sean.

Twilight sighed. "Fine. 'Dai' it is."

-----

Sean's death hadn't turned up anything, which was itself revealing. He'd vouched for Dai Hyd Rogen, and Dawn was tempted to trust his word now. That probably said something about the other trappers. Who had suspected Dai? She surveyed the group.

"...Pepe. Where's Pepe?"

Saludan perked up. "A mystery! We must find the answer!"

"Mystery solved," called Rain grimly, from just out of sight. Dawn hesitated. She had an idea of what they would find.

There was no point hiding from it, though. Amaji's jungle would be fattened with trapper blood before this mess could be resolved. She moved forward, and resolved not to let Rain out of her sight again. Something about his behaviour just didn't seem right.

-----

Sean Smith (polkinghornbd) was lynched! He was a Sori Trapper!
Pepe (IrulelikeSTINK) was killed by the Traders! He was a Sori Trapper!

Vote count:
polkinghornbd (3): Kynedath, Elbereth, TheMightyLopen
IrulelikeSTINK (2): Water, polkinghornbd
Mailliw73 (1): RippleGylf

gre_1455015600.png

Edited by Alvron

I'm gonna come out with my suspicions and say that I'm suspicious of Adavantos, Lopen, and Hellscythe.

Adavantos has been fairly unhelpful to the village, which is very unlike his normal strategy of taking charge.

Hellscythe has been suspicious since the first few cycles, as I get the feeling that they're trying to misdirect the village.

Lopen got me suspicious with his post last cycle, which both advocated for my other suspicions and told the villagers what to do. If the villagers target who he tells them to, the eliminators have their choice of who to attack without repercussions.

I would also like to request that all Beautiful Aviar owners NOT use those Aviar right now, since information gathering is top priority right now. So if someone gets roleblocked, I'm pretty much just gonna assume it was a trader who did it.

So, I think I was roleblocked. Because I put in two Aviar actions, and neither went through. Has anyone else been roleblocked, and told specifically that you were? Because it’s possible I hit people who were Hidden/Mind Forced, just by sheer chance.

Also, I’m a bit confused why the Traders killed Stink. Now PK is proven, and likely to have protection for the rest of the game. How is that helpful?

Now Kynedath’s death won’t prove anything, though, so he could probably be taken off the “don’t protect” list, Lopen. I like the plan, though.

Lopen got me suspicious with his post last cycle, which both advocated for my other suspicions and told the villagers what to do. If the villagers target who he tells them to, the eliminators have their choice of who to attack without repercussions.

No, that's the opposite of what's happening. The idea is to get the most repercussions for the Eliminators, regardless of who they target. This way hopefully there's much more chance of no eliminator kill or finding out who an eliminator is.

Misdirect the village? Into what? Not lynching PK, Stink, and Kynedath? Wow what a terrible idea. It's not like the Traders had to kill Stink or anything like I suggested they would have to if we didn't lynch him.

Guys lets be real. It's cycle 5 and we don't have a single dead eliminator. Let's get something done. Of my top suspicions I'll be voting for Elbereth for now for this remark "Also, I’m a bit confused why the Traders killed Stink. Now PK is proven, and likely to have protection for the rest of the game. How is that helpful?"

You're trying to make it sound like you're not a trader who killed Stink but to me it just sounds like you voted NOT to kill Stink while the rest of your teammates just disagreed with you and killed him anyways.

Here's my list Lopen as you requested. Sorry it's a little late like I said I've been busy.

GOOD

12 Paranoid King - Lewis , completely sane. Completely.

13 Water - Dihydrogen Monoxide , pedantic would-be scam artist

7   Hellscythe - Avis

2   Mailliw73 - First of the Morn

5   Kynedath - Teldus Hammerfall

11 TheMightyLopen - Link , doesn't say much

8   Adavantos - Saludan Leike (Sal), worldhopping Willshaper, not affiliated with the Ones from Above

16 Clanky - Last of the Equinox , a highly experienced trapper with an implied understanding of Eelakin naming convention

15 RippleGylf - Gylfie , avid ornithologist

14 Elbereth - First of the Twilight , sarcastic and somewhat arrogant

4   Shallan - Citona Vinid , implied explorer from the mainland, definitely not with NITC

6   TheSilverDragon - First of the Star

BAD

Here's to hiding my code: 

Then through careful squinting I make out the silhouette of an unidentified person that’s walking behind him with a pistol. But he wasn’t a kid. And he most definitely was too big to be on our team. About to watch an eleven year old boy be shot in the back with a pistol I instinctively react the moment I see the silhouette, shooting him twice in the head. Dink. Dink. Plastic balls on plastic helmets, that’s the last player of the game. 

I got him? We won the game! I can smell it. The taste of victory.  I almost jump and squeal in happiness. And that’s when I hear it whizzing across the field. The 100 eyes watching from the sidelines see it. And then I feel it. A sharp pain. A small white ball. I’m hit. It’s over. Our entire team has been eliminated.

Then the eleven year old boy stands up. It’s a little hard to see because my mask was so fogged up from breathing too hard but I focus a little harder on what I’m seeing and I realize that’s not the eleven year old boy. That’s not a boy by anybodys standards whatsoever. That’s just a full grown man who looks like he’s ready to eat nails for breakfast without milk. He walks over to me and gives me a firm handshake. “It was a good attempt bud. I saw the whole thing,” he says. Still confused that this wasn’t an eleven year old child I just nod my head in agreement.
*based on a true airsoft story*

Edited by Hellscythe

Firstly some thoughts about Lopens plan: just thought I might continue to promote highlighting especially through white text code hiding.

While I can see how it can easily maximize the "coverage" of players so to say. I actually think it might actually be more helpful to the traders. If people actually follow this plan then the traitors can choose which aviar they wan't to have to deal with. If they are worried about being discovered/or people being partly cleared by being shown to have protection then they can just attack players in the Mind Force section since they won't be observed or have a failed attack revealed. I'm not sure I want the traitors being the ones who can make the choices like that. Also there is always a chance of the traitors encountering those aviar anyways. we just haven't had much luck with it yet except for maybe Adas hidden. 

Also I will be placing my vote on Maill. He has really been out of the spotlight all game which I find quite odd. HE hasn't been posting much recently and all of his recent posts have barely had any content at all. Just a bunch of one liners especially since he had that vote moved off of him.

EDIT: Vote colour

Edited by Clanky

Misdirect the village? Into what? Not lynching PK, Stink, and Kynedath? Wow what a terrible idea. It's not like the Traders had to kill Stink or anything like I suggested they would have to if we didn't lynch him.

Guys lets be real. It's cycle 5 and we don't have a single dead eliminator. Let's get something done. Of my top suspicions I'll be voting for Elbereth for now for this remark "Also, I’m a bit confused why the Traders killed Stink. Now PK is proven, and likely to have protection for the rest of the game. How is that helpful?"

You're trying to make it sound like you're not a trader who killed Stink but to me it just sounds like you voted NOT to kill Stink while the rest of your teammates just disagreed with you and killed him anyways.

Here's my list Lopen as you requested. Sorry it's a little late like I said I've been busy.

GOOD

12 Paranoid King - Lewis , completely sane. Completely.

13 Water - Dihydrogen Monoxide , pedantic would-be scam artist

7 Hellscythe - Avis

2 Mailliw73 - First of the Morn

5 Kynedath - Teldus Hammerfall

11 TheMightyLopen - Link , doesn't say much

8 Adavantos - Saludan Leike (Sal), worldhopping Willshaper, not affiliated with the Ones from Above

16 Clanky - Last of the Equinox , a highly experienced trapper with an implied understanding of Eelakin naming convention

15 RippleGylf - Gylfie , avid ornithologist

14 Elbereth - First of the Twilig[/size]ht , sarcastic and somewhat arrogant

4 Shallan - Citona Vinid , implied explorer from the mainland, definitely not with NITC

6 TheSilverDragon - First of the Star

BAD

Here's to hiding my code:

Then through careful squinting I make out the silhouette of an unidentified person that’s walking behind him with a pistol. But he wasn’t a kid. And he most definitely was too big to be on our team. About to watch an eleven year old boy be shot in the back with a pistol I instinctively react the moment I see the silhouette, shooting him twice in the head. Dink. Dink. Plastic balls on plastic helmets, that’s the last player of the game.

I got him? We won the game! I can smell it. The taste of victory. I almost jump and squeal in happiness. And that’s when I hear it whizzing across the field. The 100 eyes watching from the sidelines see it. And then I feel it. A sharp pain. A small white ball. I’m hit. It’s over. Our entire team has been eliminated.

Then the eleven year old boy stands up. It’s a little hard to see because my mask was so fogged up from breathing too hard but I focus a little harder on what I’m seeing and I realize that’s not the eleven year old boy. That’s not a boy by anybodys standards whatsoever. That’s just a full grown man who looks like he’s ready to eat nails for breakfast without milk. He walks over to me and gives me a firm handshake. “It was a good attempt bud. I saw the whole thing,” he says. Still confused that this wasn’t an eleven year old child I just nod my head in agreement.

*based on a true airsoft story*

That would make sense if you could tell me any kind of reason why they'd choose to kill Stink in the first place. I can't think of any, which is why I asked.

EDIT: Ooh, 1000 posts!

Edited by Elbereth

Wow Elbereth. 1000 posts! Nice! (And this just happens to be my 400th!  :lol:)

Something that I didn't mention before was that whoever has Mind Force used on them gets their vote taken away, so that's one more thing to take into account for that group. Like I said though, I know it's not a perfect plan, but I'm just trying to get the village to coordinate protection/Observant Aviar. In my experience, the times when the village has won is when there's some semblance of cooperation between villagers. Wilson directed things in LG14, Ada directed some things in LG15, and the only other time the village has won since I've been playing was when Hellscythe took us out in MR9 with his Coinshot powers and analysis(they should have killed you as soon as you revealed, darn it!  :P). I know people don't like "Mayors," but giving good advice to roles so that they're actually put to good use and don't overlap or cancel each other out somehow only makes sense to me.

And that's another thing about my plan. The possibility that the players in the Mind Force group might have one of the crucial Aviar, and so might get blocked, possibly leaving a group vulnerable.

I'm still trying to figure out if we can successfully pull off my plan, but I figured it would just be better to put it out there as early as possible so we can all discuss whether we can make it work, and make it as good as it can be if it will(not to mention that discussing about it can be helpful in and of itself).

Thanks for your list Hellscythe. (It would be cool if we could get more players to do something similar to that. Ripple, weren't you going to try to do that each Cycle?) I'll try to put together my thoughts on each person soon as well.

Edit: "phyhbdetf"

Edit 2: @Elbereth, Since your vote counted, we know you weren't blocked by someone using Mind Force on you. It's possible your Aviar hit Mind Force/Hidden players, depending on who you targeted. It appears that PK was protected by Mind Force this last Cycle, since his vote on polking didn't count. Other than that though, it's impossible to tell because not a whole lot of people voted last Cycle! Half to be exact.

Vote tally from before:

polking(4): Kynedath, Elbereth, PK, Lopen

Stink(2): Water, polking

Mailliw(1): Ripple

No-votes(7): Ada, Shallan, Hellscythe, Mailliw, SilverDragon, Clanky, Stink

After:

polking(3): Kynedath, Elbereth, PK(removed!), Lopen

Stink(2): Water, polking

Mailliw(1): Ripple

No-votes(7): Ada, Shallan, Hellscythe, Mailliw, SilverDragon, Clanky, Stink

Edited by TheMightyLopen

Just going to quote my ooc post from LG17. I promise to finish the post I was writing earlier tomorrow after I'm awake and sober.

Sorry, yeah. I was working on a post earlier for MR11 but got distracted by beer and football. I'll try to contribute during the breaks but we have a lot of friends over so I'm trying to not be a social recluse  :P I wouldn't expect a ton from me this cycle.

"bpwiwwkxk"

"pudfhudy"

Honestly, I am not entirely sure whether or not Lopen's plan will work, but it is something that I have not seen tried and I am wondering if it will work. I am currently setting up codes with all of my PMed compatriots so that I can converse with them. I have codes with Lopen and one other that I have a PM with this cycle. At this point, I think that I will hold off on voting. Noone catches my eye entirely, although I do have some leads that I want to look into.

Looking back at Lopen's plan, I'm inclined to be less critical of it. Now that I see it's directing the violence of the eliminators, rather than painting a clear target of who to attack, it seems like a sound strategy. If the eliminators go for the obvious targets, they give us info. If they risk one of the protected targets, we get more info.

Okay, so I haven't had much time to think about our current situation or really anything much since my last post. However, I do realize that we need to kill an eliminator soon. Very soon actually. We have 12 players living I believe, which probably makes it 8:4, but I suppose it's possibly 9:3, though I don't think we can bet on that. So, assuming it's 8:4, that means that it's possible we only two more mislynches available to us(unless we are able to successfully block an attack or two). So, with that in mind, we need to put a lot of discussion and focus into this next lynch. I'm gonna vote for Ripple at the moment, for staying in the background of discussion and focusing on one player(Mailliw) for pretty much the entirety of the game in terms of voting.

Right now, here's how I feel about each living player from most trusted to least trusted:

1. Lopen(Influential)

2. PK(CLEARED)

3. Water(CLEARED)

4. Adavantos(Hidden)(I put him this high somewhat begrudgingly, since I'm not 100% convinced he was attacked both times)

5. Elbereth

6. SilverDragon

7. Kynedath(Sori??? not if he's an eliminator obviously)

8. Mailliw

9. Shallan

10. Clanky

11. Hellscythe

12. Ripple

I was going to do a complete read-through of the thread today, but I wasn't able to, so I'm hoping I will tomorrow. If I do, I will adjust this list according to what I think after I'm done.

Well, so much for actually being useful this game. I really wanted to be a good, contributing villager this game, but apparently I just slip too easily into the role of useless villager, so let's kill her! No role, no aviar, she has no use.  :angry: It is rather frustrating to only be suspected when you're innocent.

(I just switched between all three points of view. O.O)

Maill really is one of my only suspicions. I'm still not convinced that he's not an eliminator.

critical critical

perilous perilous

edit for vote retraction

Edited by RippleGylf

An intelligent question was asked via PM regarding the win conditions. A combination of vote manipulation, protection and roleblocks mean it's possible for the Trappers to win even when outnumbered. If such a situation arises, the game will continue until the Trappers can no longer win, or the Traders are eliminated.

Well, so much for actually being useful this game. I really wanted to be a good, contributing villager this game, but apparently I just slip too easily into the role of useless villager, so let's kill her! No role, no aviar, she has no use.  :angry: It is rather frustrating to only be suspected when you're innocent.

(I just switched between all three points of view. O.O)

Maill really is one of my only suspicions. I'm still not convinced that he's not an eliminator.

critical critical

perilous perilous

First off, I never said you were "useless." You say it in your first sentence, and then imply that I was accusing you as such. Also, what do you mean you're only ever suspected when you're innocent? I recall that your first game(MR8) you were under suspicion when you were an eliminator and were killed by an Assassin. Then, in MR9, when you took Kasimir's place, you were lynched later on(though I do think it was somewhat affected by your role in that game) when you were an eliminator. I think those were the only times you've been an eliminator, but I know for a fact that you were under some suspicion in both games, so to say you are only ever under suspicion when you're innocent is not true at all.

Did you not start with any Aviar? If you did start with some, what happened to them?

I am going to bed now, so if you have anything more to say, you will have to wait until tomorrow for a response.

MR8 was a bit of an exception, and in MR9 that was purely for my role. I was accidentally killed early on in that game simply for a typo. The useless bit is more my sentiment than yours, although it's fueled by the accusations of lurking. This situation seems to happen at some point every game, with MR8 being a notable exception. I simply don't have the time to look over every post and draw suspicions.

I started with a Beautiful Aviar and lost it to Hellscythe.