The Official Thread of Relationships

They have a cat! That is very important! ^^

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: One of the bonding moment between my husband and I, prior to us starting dating, was us discussing about his mother's cats  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: And looking at pictures of the said cats  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: The first time I came to his house, it was to meet the cats  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Cats rule  B)

This being said, I did end up marrying the Nice Guy and I did date the Bad Guy. How did the Nice Guy asked me out?

He didn't -_-  A neon pink super-hero had to fly from the sky to come to his rescue to do it for him.

I do not regret asking about this story. This story is one of the best stories I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

And I am going to pretend Super Pink was me doing some time travel shenanigans, because every ridiculous story gets better with me and time travel shenanigans.

I do not regret asking about this story. This story is one of the best stories I have ever had the pleasure of reading.

And I am going to pretend Super Pink was me doing some time travel shenanigans, because every ridiculous story gets better with me and time travel shenanigans.

Or with more dragon slaying :P

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

He would definitely fit the mold.

Alright, so you wanted it, here it is. One snap-shot of Maxal's unbelievable epic and completely filled with dignity (or not) youthful adventures  :ph34r: Today's chapter is "How to land a date with the nerdy guy with the glasses and the side-burns?".

It's quite long come to think of it, so I'll put it in spoilers. Also, it contains mature content relating to events and alcohol, but nothing graphic or inappropriate, though some people may not enjoy it so I prefer to warn you before hand. If you are unsure, do not read or ask a friend to read it and tell you if they think it is fine. Nothing terrible in there, but I do talk of young adults night life.

I've given here and there a few hints as to how my dear loved one and I ended being an item. I'd just say we weren't love at first sight. Our first encounter was in one of those students committee at Engineering School: he was responsible to promote education. He looked boring, serious and downright not adventurous while I was the annoying, buzzing, noisy, hyper-active, bubbly, loud and probably obnoxious new comer who once step into that place with the firm intention to "get to know more people".

So here is me, little Maxal, who jumps into that committee like a too opinionated firecracker alternating between loudly voicing my thoughts about everything and nothing all at once and sprawling lazily into the couch while he, the quiet VP stood in a corner dumbfounded. What was that

Well that was me and he sure didn't think much of it until several months later when we were forced to wait out for common friends, alone, together. I certainly didn't looked twice at him during that time, alternating between breaking up and getting back together with Mr Bad Guy until I finally dump him for good. So it was, on that one faithful cold night of February, future husband and I, bored, watched cartoons intro songs onto the computer. He was quite outgoing there, laughing and we soon laughed together. Turns out he was not so boring after all when you actually get to spend time with him and turns out I was not so obnoxious once you remove me from the crowd and I loose the incentive to make my "existence known to the entire world". 

He figured I was rather nice when it came down to it (and pretty). I figured he was rather nice as well (and kinda of handsome with his side-burns and his dark glasses).

We warmed up towards each other until the semester ended and we ended in bar, downtown Montreal, celebrating the upcoming summer with all our friends. It was good-bye until the next fall session. When he left, he said those simple words: "It'd be bad to see each other until August". And I said: "Well we'll see each other at the Chalet party but huh you can call me, if you want.". I gave him my number and was surprised when he did call.... to invite me to the water park.... with his guy friends  :ph34r: Of this I'd say, kids inviting a girl to a beach or a water park (namely an activity involving her putting on a bikini in front of you) with all of your male friends isn't such a good idea unless there is at least one other girl going  -_-

So I'll skip over the water park and the Chalet party to move onto the next semester. We saw each other a few times during the summer, but we essentially were friends then. Nothing more happened and as time advanced I slowly despaired nothing more would EVER happened. For some reasons, I had decided to put on a deadline on this affair: September 3rd 2001.

Why September 3rd 2001? Because it was the day for the annual Bar Rally at our school. Now for those who wouldn't know what a Bar Rally is, I'll say it is an event where new students (and old ones) make teams of 4 (preferably more). They are given a set of clues in order to guide them towards their destinations, namely bars scattered all across downtown Montreal. At each bar was a drinking event hosted by various student committee where contenders had to perform a task involving drinking beer in various ways  :ph34r: So huh well you get the idea. I was not a contender that year, but my committee managed one of the bars, a quite funky one known for it's heavy punk music, it's dark dungeon-like environment, it's spiky customers and it's cheap beer. Students who came our ways had to rub their brooms (initiation theme was janitors) a hundred times over a sensor in order to unlock their right to try out our four-ways funnel  :ph34r: Our task was to ensure everything run smoothly and finding replacements for already too-drunk students  :ph34r:

I had somehow decided this was THE day. So on the eve, as I was drinking coffee with my friend, I babbled all the way through my despair at seeing whatever was going on between us suddenly die as none of us seemed willing to take a plunge and ask each other out, for real. Her counsels were rather direct: "Jump on him."  :ph34r:

I figured that if I was to do such thing, despite my outgoing exterior, I needed all the help I could get. I thus try an infallible recipe known to lower boundaries and inhibition, namely alcohol. Alright. I know. Not great, but I figured a beer or two or three sure wouldn't hurt and while I was at it, I would make sure my guy had a few as well  :ph34r: Hence we became rather happy and as it finally seemed as if we would finally start to get together, a strong voice rang:

"Alright Group, the last team as left, we must now pack and meet up at the last bar for the final party!".

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Despair.

Moment was broken.

We left and walked, heads low, to the final destination, another quite well-known bar of wonderful downtown Montreal where we were greeted by a colorful party. New students were all costumed in their janitors outfits, another few had donned other outfits, it was loud and packed with people. 

We tried to re-create the moment, but as soon as we entered, we were soon ushered into a group dance... All of our friends positioned themselves in a circle, the girls dump their hand-bags in the middle (I swear I could have sent those hand-bags through the fire of Hell at that point in time  :angry: ) commandeering one corner of the dance floor. Now if there ever were one place where it was NEVER going to happen  standing in a circle around hand-bags with all of our friends watching us certainly was it.

I despaired. 

It was over. 

Plan had failed.

I was going to die single.

And this is when HE arrived. Don't ask me where he came from or why he chose to wear this particular costume on that specific night. I have never met the guy nor did I ever see him again, but as we were both depressed our affair would never blossom into anything more meaningful, a neon pink super-hero, with a cape and a black mask came out of the crowd, stared at us and...

He pulled my guy's hand, he pulled my hand and he looked quite frankly at his eyes and said: "Dude, bring your chick to the center of the dance floor." said in pretty much these exact words.

And he dragged us there, away from the circle, away from our friends, away from the hand-bags right under the disco ball. There. Finally. In the middle of a party filled with laughter, noise, beer, janitors, while a crazy guy in neon pink tights danced around madly, we finally did it.

We kissed  :wub:

All this because a super-hero jumped in and did what none of us had the courage to do. Guy in pink overall, wherever you are, THANK YOU.

This is the craziest story I have ever heard. Wow.

I found this collection on Facebook yesterday and had to share.  :wub:

:wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub: :wub:  :wub:

Edited by Delightful

I'm glad you liked the story: I solemnly swear it is entirely true  -_- I even tried to find pictures of actual events, but alas none seem to exist. All I have found were pictures of the happy new couple: but you aren't seeing those.

I also tried to find one resembling the Super Pink (I love the name), but all I could find weren't exactly IT  :(

That was beautiful and ridiculous all at the same time.

I...can't...do the heart emoticon.

the code is :wub : (no spaces, does not need to be colored)

A neon pink super-hero had to fly from the sky to come to his rescue to do it for him.

I need this.

fun fact: I met my crush over a conversation on Steelheart and kindles.

:D  :D  :D :D  :D  :D

Edited by warriormark16

As I've been married for 8 years and have 3 kids, I should probably stay out of the conversation so as not shoot down the balloons of new love and optimism with the harsh burning arrows of bitter reality.

That being said, I really do love my wife and kids. ^_^

I'd say bitter reality isn't so bad after all, but the nights are a bit short.