Lol no. We're not killing either of them just yet. There can be 2 gold. There's a decent chance of that.

Also Winter something about your defense just sets me off. You don't have any leads on who is bad which seems to me like it's not because you're a bad Inquisitor, it's because you're a skaa who just hasn't been looking because as a skaa you don't have to look for who is bad. The people you vote for tend to be people who voted for you a defensive maneuver anyone can pull off without suspicions.

Also ALL your reads are very wishy washy. For the same reasons I killed Shallan (I think it's joe but I'm not gonna vote!) and Lopen (I think wyrm is good! I mean bad! I mean good! But I got my eye on you!) I think you are skaa. Indecisiveness is a very clear indicator to me of skaa.

Because on one hand you don't want to make any enemies to get yourself lynched especially since you know they're Inquisition and if they get lynched and it's your fault you'll get called out. And on the other you don't want to get your teammates lynched. So you don't call anyone out.

These reads can be seen here:  http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/46623-mid-range-game-9-the-steel-ministry/?p=350569

Wyrm(A proven innocent) and Clanky were both suspicious of you for several days now and I trust their judgement as Inquisitors.

Edited by DeathClutch19

@clanky

If Death is Skaa, then he can communicate through the doc, assuming the coinshot is Skaa as well. I was just covering all of our options, and possibilities. As for why I haven't voted for death. If I had voted for him last cycle, he would be dead now, but we've lost so many inquisitors that I was unwilling to kill someone who there was a possibility of being innocent. Just because I'm not convinced of it, doesn't mean that I am right. I'm just being cautious.

@Phatt. There is little chance that there are two Inquisitor Augurs, but there's also the possibility that you are in fact Skaa, and I am innocent. (I'm on mobile so I'll put your name in red as soon as I can)

I'm not Skaa, I'm an inquisitor Augur. Kill me if you must, but I am innocent.

Edit: fixing grammatical errors

Edited by Zephrer

Ok, coinshot if you are an inquisitor please kill Zephrer if it is Alfa who is lynched and not Zeph that is.

@clanky
If Death is Skaa, then he can communicate through the doc, assuming the coinshot is Skaa as well. I was just covering all of our options, and possibilities. As for why I haven't voted for death. If I had voted for him last cycle, he would be dead now, but we've lost so many inquisitors that I was unwilling to kill someone who there was a possibility of being innocent. Just because I'm not convinced of it, doesn't mean that I am right. I'm just being cautious.

I'm not Skaa, I'm an inquisitor Augur. Kill me if you must, but I am innocent.

So Death is covering for a Skaa coinshot who killed two of his teammates? 

So I guess you can't vote for anyone then since we have no seeker.

Idols Domi, Clanky.

Kill me then. This is my second game, and I'm bound to make some mistakes with logic or grammar. This is like Ripple's first death all over again.

Do you want me to admit I'm Skaa? I won't, because I'm NOT Skaa. I'm an inquisitor, Storm it!

I know that you haven't played a lot and that can explain some of the things you said. That is why I didn't pursue you any further with only the original reasoning of posts without content that seem to be just attempting to look like an inquisitor. However you have said several other things that are Skaa-like or just plain wrong. I do tend to give newer players a benefit of the doubt at the beginning of the game but we are far enough along into this game for that to be long gone.

Do you want me to do further analysis for your guilt? I could look at your voting history. I see a vote on Kas early on that didn't even get close to threatening a lynch and a vote for Creccio that you removed before the end of the cycle.

Thanks for the informative response. I see that beyond the "I'm new" excuse you used the same reasoning that Winter did. I don't want you to just come out and say your skaa btw. I get way more info from you continuing to defend yourself.

On another note I do not share the same convictions about Alfa that Death does. I think that the members of the eliminator team are:

Zephrer: I have given my reasoning several times

Winter: I have also given several reasons for this and a new one in which Zeph uses an eerily similar defense to Winters.

Kasrippimar: Kas dropped out because he was too busy. Which I totally understand and he gave good reasons for. However I do find it more likely that he would drop out if he were an eliminator since it usually requires more time and effort(as Winter pointed out as a reason for Wyrms innocence) Also Zephrers one non-threatening vote which stands as his only vote to date was on Kas. I.e vote for your teammates when they aren't in danger idea.

Since Ripple has replaced Kas she has made one vote on Stink because he was being rude and hasn't voiced any hard suspicions.

Now as I said earlier about the Skaa potentially staying out of the way and letting the inquisitors kill themselves, this seems to be what they are doing. It seems to be a concerted effort to stay on the fringe of the debates and not put down any hard suspicions on anyone.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that Lopen and Shallan both also fit the bill of staying to the outsides.

Edited by Clanky

Colours, Zephrer, that was a bit of an overreaction. Storm me if you didn't just vote for me based on little to no reasoning. To be honest, I think there could easily be 2 Augur Inquisitors. It's not exactly a powerful role, you know. When burning, if someone targets you with an action, you learn up to 2 of them. I only mentioned that because Death said you would be suspicious of there was a dead Inquisitor Augur, and a live one serves the same purpose. I would more suspect Creccio from her post, but since we're lynching Alfa and she's green(is that based on activity cycle 5 deathclutch?) , I'm not voting for her.

Kasrippimar: Kas dropped out because he was too busy. Which I totally understand and he gave good reasons for. However I do find it more likely that he would drop out if he were an eliminator since it usually requires more time and effort(as Winter pointed out as a reason for Wyrms innocence) Also Zephrers one non-threatening vote which stands as his only vote to date was on Kas. I.e vote for your teammates when they aren't in danger idea.

Since Ripple has replaced Kas she has made one vote on Stink because he was being rude and hasn't voiced any hard suspicions.

I can't really give any defense of Kas's actions, as I am not Kas, and I just haven't had the time to really study people's responses and draw suspicions. You do seem to forget, however, that my vote has been on Meandbooks for most of the cycle, and I'm one of the few people actually voting. With the way the eliminators are probably just sitting back, we can't afford to be wrong. I hesitate to vote because I fear making the wrong decision. I'm trying to contribute, it's just that with time constraints, I don't have a lot of time to. If posting what I think would help, I'd be glad to.

Sorry Ripple, I forgot about your vote this cycle. Still it is only a poke vote and doesn't really affect any of my reasonings for my suspicion. Also you should know that of the three I said, you are the least suspicious. I have reasonings for Winter/Zeph but for you it is mostly circumstantial evidence and you just seem like you fit with the other two.

Colours, Zephrer, that was a bit of an overreaction. Storm me if you didn't just vote for me based on little to no reasoning. To be honest, I think there could easily be 2 Augur Inquisitors. It's not exactly a powerful role, you know. When burning, if someone targets you with an action, you learn up to 2 of them. I only mentioned that because Death said you would be suspicious of there was a dead Inquisitor Augur, and a live one serves the same purpose. I would more suspect Creccio from her post, but since we're lynching Alfa and she's green(is that based on activity cycle 5 deathclutch?) , I'm not voting for her.

Which part of my post is suspicious so i can tell you my reasoning and we can clear any misunderstanding?

That is true, my vote on Meandbooks was more of a poke-vote, which is now why I am voting for Zephrer. Clanky's points about him seem legitimate, and I notice that he keeps specifying that he is an inquisitor augur. That wording just sounds very skaa to me. This cycle, I've seen a lot of people referencing my initial death as an excuse. These cases may be similar to an extent, but the attacks against these people seem more concrete than accusing for a single typo. I don't want a situation like that to happen again, but simply saying it's the Ripple Effect (which is a great name by the way) doesn't explain away all suspicions. However, it is a fair point to make that you feel like your words are being misjudged. It is easy to misinterpret tone when all you have available is simple text. This just shouldn't be your only defense.

I don't see any point in voting right now, because I believe Alfa will be killed regardless. I see Death's attacks as a little strange. The reasoning on some of the suspicions just seems off to me. I won't vote on it this round, but the next round will have more from me. Sorry for not posting more, I had a big essay due today.

At the moment Alfa is only leading by two votes. If you believe that Alfa will be killed regardless (and you don't seem like you disagree with him as a target) then why not put a vote on him to ensure the Skaa can't change or tie the lynch? They very well may have vote manipulation.

As far as I can recall, there's no roles that affect votes, but with three or four of them it would be easy for them to tip the scale. I'm kind of unnerved by the lynch train on alfa. Just to have that many people unanimous on who to kill is pretty difficult to pull off most of the time. Unless, of course, the suspect has been blatantly obvious about being an eliminator.

Edit for odd formatting.

Edited by RippleGylf

Yep thanks Ripple, I completely forgot that there was no vote manipulation. I guess I am used to soothing and rioting affecting votes in many allomancy games. Still a two vote cushion isn't enough that someones vote is worthless.

I also do agree that it is slightly disconcerting that many people are just following Deaths lead without offering their own opinions. I understand that he is the only confirmed (almost) player and he has coinshot two Skaa but that doesn't mean you should blindly follow him without at least giving your own opinions.

EDIT:  Meandbooks! I see you checking the thread! Thoughts?

Edited by Clanky

Lol no. We're not killing either of them just yet. There can be 2 gold. There's a decent chance of that.

Also Winter something about your defense just sets me off. You don't have any leads on who is bad which seems to me like it's not because you're a bad Inquisitor, it's because you're a skaa who just hasn't been looking because as a skaa you don't have to look for who is bad. The people you vote for tend to be people who voted for you a defensive maneuver anyone can pull off without suspicions.

Also ALL your reads are very wishy washy. For the same reasons I killed Shallan (I think it's joe but I'm not gonna vote!) and Lopen (I think wyrm is good! I mean bad! I mean good! But I got my eye on you!) I think you are skaa. Indecisiveness is a very clear indicator to me of skaa.

Because on one hand you don't want to make any enemies to get yourself lynched especially since you know they're Inquisition and if they get lynched and it's your fault you'll get called out. And on the other you don't want to get your teammates lynched. So you don't call anyone out.

These reads can be seen here:  http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/46623-mid-range-game-9-the-steel-ministry/?p=350569

Wyrm(A proven innocent) and Clanky were both suspicious of you for several days now and I trust their judgement as Inquisitors.

Thank you for telling me why I am suspicious. And also, you don't even know if Clanky is confirmed or not. You sure Clanky is an inquisitor? Because, if so, how do you know that? 

Read some of my other games, this is just my style. Some times I have suspicions, sometimes I don't. Right now I don't. I suspected Orlok and he was good. So? And also, indeciciveness is not an indication of eliminator-ness. It can be, but not always. In many of my previous games, I've been indescive too. I'm just not very good at being decisive. 

I definitely think the lynch train on Alfa is definitely odd. I have a feeling that it's partly because people are inclined to go along with Deathclutch because of the forcefulness of his arguments and the fact that he's (probably) trustworthy. However, nothing Alfa has done has struck me as being immensely suspicious, other than being inactive the last cycle, and the lynch train could also be explained by skaa wanting him dead. If it is true that he is a pewterarm, they would probably rather have him lynched by us than risk a failed kill.

Instead, I'm going to focus more on Zephrer. Many of us have been suspicious of him for the last two or three rounds, including me, but he's managed to wriggle his way out of a lynch each time, which I feel like is an indication of skaa. His teammates swinging the vote away from him, perhaps?

I do realize he was active last round, and everybody's saying that the skaa are likely to have been less active then. While I think that's good reasoning, I don't want to set too much store by it, since as someone else said it could have been miscommunication or timezone confusion. Or maybe they wanted to screw with us and chose not to make a kill. (Is that something they can do?)

Also, I love the name "Ripple Affect."

(Can you tell I'm feeling better today? xD)

@Meandbooks: Glad you are feeling better! I am also glad that you share the same concerns as me. The Skaa could not make a kill in order to confuse everyone. However in situations such as this miscommunication, forgetfulness and inactivity are much more likely.

@Polking: I'm sorry if I sounded like I wanted you to vote for alfa. I was trying to say that you should be voting for someone at this point and if you had a better target you should share but if you didn't then there is no reason not to vote for alfa since he is your biggest suspicion. I wasn't trying to pressure you into voting for Alfa which is what it looks like now that I reread it.

Alfa                (5) - Hellscythe, Creccio, Stink, Phattmer, Polking

Stink              (1) - Alfa

Zephrer         (3) - Clanky, Meandbooks, Ripple

Seeing Meandbooks vote for Zephrer makes me more suspicious of Meandbooks.

If by the end of the day Alfa is the only one going to be lynched I would like if you guys could vote for him to solidfy his spot in as a lynch and not leave it to chance for the skaa to swing for a tie or a lynch on Zephrer.

I think Zephrer is ok. His defense is a bit faulty I admit but it his first-ish game and I don't know his experience in this game mode that well. I don't see why we can't have 2 gold. It's very plausible and nobody else has claimed gold besides phattmer. Now if someone else came out and said they were gold I'd be a little more suspicious. 

AGAIN I WOULD REALLY LIKE IF THE ATIUM WOULD CLAIM.

Also I'd appreciate if the coinshot would shoot tonight. Use your best judgement I wont tell you who to shoot in case they have a Lurcher.

Edited by DeathClutch19

Meandbooks' vote on Zephrer actually makes me less suspicious of her. Just because you're probably trustworthy doesn't mean that you should be the only one deciding who to lynch.

Edit: The cycle ended about 3 hours ago, just fyi.

Edited by RippleGylf

Ashbringer Fadraux strode proudly to his death, head held high. He would not let them think him beneath them all. He flared all of the pewter he had. He had found out at a young age when feeling the effects of pewter, the increased stamina and endurance, all of those long hours he toiled in the fields as a skaa plantation worker. They needed music, then, to help the day go by. So he would whistle, the musical notes strong and sharp, cutting right through the air and carrying a melodious, confident song.

So he whistled that song now, an old working skaa hymn. One that promised of glories to come, a day when the skaa stepped out from underneath the heel of The Lord Ruler, rising up and overthrowing the oppressive noble class and seizing the ash-blighted world for themselves.

I do wonder though, he thought to himself, staring around the room at all the slack-jawed nobles as he walked forward offering himself up, his haunting song filling the room, how long it would take them to take a good hard look at a name like Ashbringer. Daft fools.

He shook his head and stepped forward in front on Grim, ready to face his fate. He knew his goal, and his purpose. He flared his pewter even more, the burning warmth inside him spreading throughout his whole body, becoming a roaring tempest. He had suffered the whips and abuse of masters his entire life, and he was not about to kneel in front of a rusting Inquisitor.

Grim took a labored step back, setting his trusty dagger down and wiping sweat away from his brow but leaving a smear of blood across the Canton tattoos spreading up to his forehead. The rush and exhilaration of finally being able to perform on an actual confessed skaa still had adrenaline rushing through his veins, heightened by the pewter and tin he had been burning throughout the entire process, savoring each delicate moment.

Burning bronze had told him the skaa was a pewterarm from the very beginning, so he knew the trick was to just make sure the Inquisition lasted longer than the pewter did, as they could burn and flare the metal for as long as they had it, being able to withstand extreme amounts of pain. And as a skaa, he was probably used to the usual tricks from his masters anyway, Grim had reckoned. Still, he was quite impressed. Ashbringer had never cracked, in the end. Sure, he gave up all sorts of information on people and plots far away from here. He even confessed to his mother having filched a jug of milk from the plantation master's table once! But no matter how hard Grim had pressed him for his allies, the faux-Fadraux never gave in.

In the end, Ashbringer had managed to get the better of Grim as they flared pewter in one last intense, unsustainable blast, emptying the last of their supplies and their body completely collapsing and giving in from all of the endured pain and torture, all crashing in and once and killing Ashbringer swiftly and mercifully. At least in comparison for what Grim still had had planned for him.

Shi Kuratchi sat alone in a darkened room, silently sharpening his knives and waiting. He had ran out of steel a long time ago, but a proper gentleman was never without weapons, and he didn't always need to count on allomancy to carry him through things. No. He relied on his strength and his wits to help him get through his troubles. And, The Lord Ruler willing, would get him through this night.

He set his knives down and pulled out a small coin, rolling it between his knuckles, a trick he had learned without the use of steel a long time ago, in what seemed like a past life as a different person. He knew that he would be a great asset to the Steel Ministry and Canton of Inquisition, and of course tried his best to try proving that, but he just felt so tangled up in the webs within webs, he just couldn't be certain of anything anymore.

Well, almost anything, he thought, sighing a breath of small relief as a person slipped in front of the doorway, shadowed by the blazing torch on the wall behind them. "I almost thought I was losing my touch," he said smiling, rising to his feet. His dagger was back in his hands in an instant, passing back and forth between both his hands in a whirling blur, as he slowly stepped closer to his would be assailant, showing them he wouldn't go down without a fight.

That was when they pulled out the crossbow from behind their back and let the bolt fly through the air. It flew true and struck Shi right in the heart.

"I did not see that coming," he said, kneeling over and fading into darkness.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ashbringer Fadraux was a Skaa Pewterarm!
Shi Kuratchi was an Inquisitor Coinshot!
[Vote Count to be edited in.]

50 hour cycle!!! Ending at 10AM EST November 5th

Edited by Alvron