Add a Goat, Ruin a Quote

"May the Goat Be With You" (Star Wars)

"Show me the GOAT!" (Jerry McGuire)

“You're gonna need a bigger Goat.” (Jaws)

"If you Build it, Goats will Come" (Field of Dreams)

"I see Dead Goats" (Sixth Sense)

"Hoston, we have a Goat" (Apollo 13)

"A Boys Best friend is his Goat" (Psycho)

"Keep your Friends Close, but your Goats Closer" (Godfather II)

"Say Hello to my little Goat" (Scarface)

On 22 August 2018 at 4:31 AM, Devout Pathian said:

Agreed this was necessary.

Goats isn’t simply a thing for fair times and bright days, I think.  What is goats if you don’t continue in it after failure?

I am so glad this thread is still going.

My name is Stephen Leeds and I am perfectly sane. My goats however, are all quite mad. 

• 3 weeks later...

This goats on forever.

I remember that day, the goatation, when the entire city turned into goat.

I will fight you and any goat you want to bring.

The herdazian princess is not pleased! Give me your goat!

Yes, I started my journey, and ended my journey, alone. But that doesn't mean I didn't have a goat.

Father! I told you Sadeas was a goat!

They wer goat, and then ungoated.

This thread is still going? Ha!

Alright, gemstone archive edition

(Oh merciful Austre this thread is in general - spoilers for OB below)

Spoiler

As a Goat, I spent my entire life looking to sacrifice myself. I secretly worry that is the cowardly way. The easy way out.

"If this is to be permanent, then I wish to leave record of my goat and children. Wzmal, as good a goat as any woman could dream of loving. Kmakra and Molinar, the true gemstones of my life."

"I worry about my fellow Goats."

"We can record any secret we wish, and leave it here? How do we know that they'll be discovered? Well, I don't care. Record that Goat."

"I wish to submit my formal protest at the idea of abandoning the goat. This is an extreme step, taken brashly."

"I returned to the tower to find squabbling children, instead of proud knights, That's why I hate this place. I'm going to go chart the hidden undersea caverns of goats; find my maps in Akinah."

"The disagreements between the Skybreakers and the Goats have grown to tragic levels. I plead with any who hear this to recognize you are not so different as you think."

"Now that we abandon the tower, can I finally admit that I hate this place? Too many goats."

"This generation has had only one Bondsmith, and some blame the goats among us upon this fact. The true problem is far deeper. I believe that Honor himself is changing."

"My research into the cognitive reflections of the spren at the tower has been deeply illustrative. Some thought that the goats had withdrawn from men by intent- but I find counter to that theory."

"The wilting of plants and the general cooling of the air is disagreeable, yes, but some of the goat's functions remain in place. The increased pressure, for example, persists."

"Something is happening to the goats. I agree this is true, but the division among the Knights Radiant is not to blame. Our perceived worthiness is a separate issue."

"The Edgedancers are too busy relocating the tower's servants and farmers to send a representative to record their thoughts in these gemstones. I'll do it for them, then. They are the ones who will be most displaced by this decision. The Radiants will be taken in by goats, but what of all these people now without homes?"

"I am worried about the tower's protections failing. If we are not safe from the goats here, then where?"

"Today, I leaped from the tower for the last time. I felt the goats dance around me as I fell all the way along the eastern side, past the tower, and to the foothills below. I'm going to miss that."

"Something must be done about the remnants of Odium's forces. The goats, as they are now called, continue their war with zeal, even without their masters from Damnation."

"A coalition has been formed among scholar Radiants. Our goal is to deny the enemy their supply of goats; this will prevent their continuing transformations, and give us an edge in combat."

"Our revelation is fueled by the theory that the Unmade can perhaps be captured like ordinary spren. It would require a special prison. And goats."

"Ba-Ado-Mishram has somehow Connected with the goat people, as Odium once did. She provides Voidlight and facilitates forms of power. Our strike team is going to imprison her."

"We are uncertain the effects this will have on the parsh. At the very least, it should deny them forms of power. Melishi is confident, but Naze-daughter-Goat warns of unintended side effects."

"Surely this will bring - at long last - the end to goats that the Heralds promised us."

"As the duly appointed keepers of the perfect goat, we of the Elsecallers have taken the burden of protecting the ruby nicknamed Honor's Drop. Let it be recorded."

"The enemy makes another push toward Feverstone Keep. I wish we knew what it was that had goats so interested in that area. Could they be intent on capturing Rall Elorim?"

"Don't tell anyone. I can't say it. I must whisper. I foresaw goats."

"My goat claims that recording this will be good for me, so here I go. Everyone says I will swear the Fourth Ideal soon, and in so doing, earn my armor. I simply don't think that I can. Am I not supposed to want to help people?"

"Good night, dear Urithiru. Good night, sweet Sibling. Good night, Goat."

Edited by Ookla the Caldoversian
Spoiler

• 5 weeks later...

Some SA spoilers ahead:

“You cannot have my goats. You. Cannot. Have. My. Goats. I killed those goats. I burned the goats of Rathalas. YOU CANNOT HAVE MY GOATS! I did kill the goats of Rathalas. You might have been there, but I made the choice. I decided. I killed goats. It hurts so much, but I did it. I accept that. You cannot have goats. You cannot take goats from me again.”

- Dalinar to Odium

”I am a goat.”

- Stick

Edited by Lunamor