You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

7 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

YKYASW you get your entire friend group into Stormlight.

HOWWWW TEACH ME YOUR WAYS. One of my friends (let’s call them Laura) said she would read Mistborn but she reneged on that promise saying “it’s not her style”(it totally is) and “maybe sometime” and the rest of my friends flat out ignore me whenever I talk about Sanderson now!

I am trying to win ‘Laura’ over by quoting funny or just plain good parts of his books, so far to no avail. :( 

How does she not understand IT IS FOR HER OWN GOOD! (Her favourite author is Sarah J. Maas so she needs saving:ph34r:) I shall introduce her to QUALITY LITERATURE if it is the last thing I do! 

please, I need your wisdom (or your friends)

:P

On 9/23/2022 at 7:01 PM, Tani said:

I'm so proud of you! *crying happy face*

YKYASW your seminary teacher writes "BoM" (meaning Book of Mormon) on the board and your first thought is Bands of Mourning. And then you remember how you used to have the opposite condition.

Spoiler

I totally still read Bands of Mourning as Book of Mormon.

4 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

HOWWWW TEACH ME YOUR WAYS. One of my friends (let’s call them Laura) said she would read Mistborn but she reneged on that promise saying “it’s not her style”(it totally is) and “maybe sometime” and the rest of my friends flat out ignore me whenever I talk about Sanderson now!

I am trying to win ‘Laura’ over by quoting funny or just plain good parts of his books, so far to no avail. :( 

How does she not understand IT IS FOR HER OWN GOOD! (Her favourite author is Sarah J. Maas so she needs saving:ph34r:) I shall introduce her to QUALITY LITERATURE if it is the last thing I do! 

Hmm. I've just pestered all of my friends, and then gotten them to pester my other friends once they read the books and started enjoying them.. Try introducing your friends to a Sanderson book that isn't one of the ones that you've been pestering them about. Then, you can give them pretty much the entirety of Sanderson's writing.

Also, a good idea is saying "Look. I know that this isn't for everyone, but I think you'll enjoy it. Jut read the first  <number of pages at which point you were hooked>, and if you don't like it, I won't pester you again."

Hope this helps!

7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

She definitely needs saving.

What if you tried starting with a shorter/lighter one like The Rithmatist? Or Skyward?

If you succeed, please tell me what worked because I also know a Maas fan who needs conversion

Edited by Tani

YKYAASFW as your teacher opens 100 tabs on Google, trying to find the right one, you see the letters SP5 somewhere and you think "He's working with Brandon on Secret Project 5??"

Also when you write down someone's name (starting with D) in your contacts and that your phone wants it to be Dalinar.

18 hours ago, Just a Silvereye said:

YKYAASFW as your teacher opens 100 tabs on Google, trying to find the right one, you see the letters SP5 somewhere and you think "He's working with Brandon on Secret Project 5??"

Also when you write down someone's name (starting with D) in your contacts and that your phone wants it to be Dalinar.

When you don't even begin to question the existence of SP5.

When you read Isaiah 58:6 and want to change bands of wickedness to Bands of Mourning.

3 hours ago, Ta'veren Kaladin said:

When you don't even begin to question the existence of SP5.

SP5 exists! Brandon wrote that one with input from his kids, at the same time as the other ones. He just decided not to publish it with the other 4 through the KS. Instead he will do... something else, maybe a graphic novel, he wasn't too sure. We heard nothing about it since the SP announcment in March.

But yeah, at that point more SPs would not surprise me at all.

55 minutes ago, Just a Silvereye said:

SP5 exists! Brandon wrote that one with input from his kids, at the same time as the other ones. He just decided not to publish it with the other 4 through the KS. Instead he will do... something else, maybe a graphic novel, he wasn't too sure. We heard nothing about it since the SP announcment in March.

Maybe your teacher is secretly one of Brandon's kids. :ph34r:

When you see the SET as part of an escape room and you very nearly write, "One day, the men of gold and red, bearers of the final metal will come to you. And you will be ruled by them. Worship. Worship Trell and wait."

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

On 04/10/2022 at 11:55 AM, Cinnamon said:

I bought the entire Mistborn series for my best friend's birthday. Having 6 unread books at home was too much for her so she started reading ;)

On 10/5/2022 at 11:25 AM, Just a Silvereye said:

I didn't think it was officially SP5

When you make a wallpaper full of references to Sanderson books and your friend asks you “wait… who is a stick?” And this prompts you into a pre prepared spiel about how incredible Sanderson’s books are and how she should read Stormlight.

When, upon waking up with lines on your arms from fabric pressing into them, you decide to see if you have allomancy.

When you are supposed to write your name on your cup, but you write some random thing on it in the women's script instead.