Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

9 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

More SA spoilers: 

Hide contents

POV: You're a server taking Lift's order. 

d85.gif

Exactly! :D

1 hour ago, Hmmm lies said:

But Lift doesn't like bacon...

Whaaaaat, I thought she liked all food.

wob:

Spoiler

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Lift and Hoid disagree on bacon. 

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is this because food on Roshar is usually either Spicy (male) or Sweet (female), so salty bacon would just taste wrong to Lift?

She just doesn't like the taste, please don't think too much into it.

Oathbringer Leeds signing (Dec. 1, 2017)

4 hours ago, Hmmm lies said:

wob:

Reveal hidden contents

Lift and Hoid disagree on bacon. 

Questioner (paraphrased)

Is this because food on Roshar is usually either Spicy (male) or Sweet (female), so salty bacon would just taste wrong to Lift?

She just doesn't like the taste, please don't think too much into it.

Oathbringer Leeds signing (Dec. 1, 2017)

Then just replace "bacon" with "sausage links" or something. Point is, I think if Lift went to a modern restaurant where it doesn't take forty days and forty nights for the staff to prepare a feast for a crowd, she'd do exactly what Ron did. 

2 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

having finished Sunlit man recently, I'm starting to notice a pattern

(minor all SP poilers)

Hide contents

8iyikw.jpg

and furthermore

(more minor SP spoilers

Hide contents

8iyjfm.jpg

It's a pattern of 

Spoiler

characters going by their titles and what they mean to the world around them (as far as I know from what I've read—I still need to read Tress and Sunlit Man) and sometimes writers use fiction as a means to work out things they're going through in their lives, 

which could mean it's foreshadowing for 

Spoiler

Brandon officially changing his name to Branderbot: Speedwriter 9000. 

Well, now that you mention it, I finally got around to reading RoW. A couple years late, but I got around to it. 

Spoiler

8j4epl.jpg

Anywho, I'm not even done with the prologue, but it's memein' time. 

Spoiler

Gavilar wants to be the biggest and best. It's not enough to rule Alethkar—no, he wants every title in all the land. 

Even the ones he shouldn't. 

Spoiler

8j4f21.jpg

Found footage of readers (L) and Navani (R) discussing Gavilar (center) (c. 2020, colorized): 

Spoiler

On 3/15/2024 at 11:58 AM, The Stormfather said:

I'm surprised there isn't as many 631 memes.

I've seen more on Discord, that's where a lot of memeing (with, well, activity in general) has migrated these days. There are also some on Reddit. Here's a favorite of mine from AdoWillRemOurPlightEventually: 

image.png

55 minutes ago, AonEne said:

I've seen more on Discord, that's where a lot of memeing (with, well, activity in general) has migrated these days. There are also some on Reddit. Here's a favorite of mine from AdoWillRemOurPlightEventually: 

image.png

At the risk of sounding dumb, I have no idea what this 631 stuff is. I see from this meme that its popped up places, but this is the first i've ever heard of it.

47 minutes ago, JohnnyKaizen said:

At the risk of sounding dumb, I have no idea what this 631 stuff is. I see from this meme that its popped up places, but this is the first i've ever heard of it.

That image is actually a decent summary of (most of) the clues, but essentially, the number started popping up in the backgrounds of Brandon's YouTube videos and some other places, and people started noticing and theorizing on it. It ended up leading to the newest secret project's announcement, though there might be more to it considering the number is weirdly specific. 

2 hours ago, AonEne said:

image.png

The discord memes don't land so well with me for some reason. I like cremposting content, as long as it's SFV