"You want to do what!" Satrams stared at the Inquisitor.

"Didn't you hear me the first time? We're going to capture Odium again."

"Do you even realize what you're doing? Odium has somehow escaped Braize, which was his prison for a million years! Now you think you can rally the remnants of the Seventeenth Shard, who, by the way, Odium completely decimated, and somehow trap him again! That's insane."

"You forget, Hoid, that we have more than just mortals on our side."

Satrams paused, and realized something. "You're in contact with them, aren't you?"

The inquisitor smiled, but didn't say anything.

Satrams spoke again, "Shard against Shard. That's your plan." He stared at the landscape. "Somehow, I don't think that will end well."

"You forget that Scadrial turned out alright. After all it is my home."

"And look at what monsters it created. Even then, the battle lines were clearly drawn. Preservation and Ruin knew where each other were at all times. We don't know who Odium is. We'll start second guessing ourselves, backstabbing one another, all in the name of the greater good. I know what that's like. To see friend turn against friend, to see hatred turn into bloodshed. I know what it's like tearing apart a group bit by bit, playing them against each other, looking for a villain. I know what it's like to see a whole city turned to ashes, all in the name of the greater good. Is that what you want Kae, is that what you want?"

Satrams sighed, and looked at the sky. "This place feels wrong. I can't describe it to you, but it's tainted. This is what happens when Gods fight. And yet, we can't stop it now, can we? We've already gotten news of an attack on one of our members. We're lucky that there wasn't any bloodshed. And it's only going to get worse." He paused. "I can't do anything to stop this.  The only thing I can do is wait out the storm in this god-forsaken graveyard."

"You could leave."

"And go where? I've only world-hopped three times, and only with the help of others! Besides, where would I go? When Shards start fighting, the whole universe is in danger. No, I think I'll stay here, and wait with the other corpses." He stood up suddenly. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need another drink."

He walked away, breathing in the fractured air.

I'm really liking the roleplay with this character. Turns out he just needs someone to talk to. Anyways, I'm not totally against the plan, although I still think it's risky. However, anything we do this game will be risky, so I guess it's alright. Well, that's all from me. See you guys tomorrow! (I hope)

Killing inactives could have been a good strategy a little earlier in the game but now that everyone keeps bringing this strategy up, players using inactivity to avoid attention have probably stopped so as to not be killed.  Especially inactives that actually are paying attention to the game, just not posting themselves.  These could be people like Odiums champions-- people that are vital to the outcome of the game but won't lose their role if they don't post.  Of course this makes me sound suspicious as I was inactive in the beginning!  :D

I've been a little quiet lately because of IRL reasons, but one thing that I did pick up on, although its a minor things, is what if Peng is not the Lifeless operator? If both he and the operator are OCs, then, just to be safe, the operator could have put the lifeless on Peng. Now, I would like to emphasize that I personally don't think this is a very likely possibility, but nobody had brought it up, and I didn't really see much discussion about Peng but more so around Cultivation. This is more of something I would like to make a note of as a slight bump up on my suspicion list.

Also, I'm basing this on the rules saying that the operator can change their target at any time, so the default self-protection doesn't necessarily have to have applied during the first cycle. If this assumption is wrong then ignore this whole post.

Day 2: Red Hat, Once White.

Satrams banged the cup down on the bar. He was three cups in and wasn’t planning on stopping any time soon. There was nothing else he could do stop Odium except stay out of the way of those who could, so why not do so in comfort? He looked away from his drinks, trying to examine the room and its occupants. Lots of people were in various stages of Inebriation around the bar. Like the White haired man who kept winking at him, or the Tall Rectangle person in the corner, or the guy with Red smoke falling from his hands.

None of them were looking at him, so he went back to looking at his drink. No, that’s not right. The white haired fellow was looking, right? He turned back, but no one was there. Had he ever been there? He needed to stop drinking. He pulled out his purse and dropped it on the bar, and stumbled away, grabbing that white hat he had woken up in. About half way across the room, he tripped over the floor, and fell on his face.

Something landed on his shoulder, and pulled him up. “Hey fiend, you need some help getting home?” Satrams turned his blurry vision over to face the man. It turned out to be the man with the smoky hands.

“Uh, sure. Gotta get back home, yeah.” It felt rather hard to talk. How much had he drunk anyway? Surely it wasn’t enough to impair him this much?

“Here, just lean on me.” The smoky man put his arm around his Shoulders, and half helped, half carried him out the door. He starting walking down towards the docks, still carrying Satrams.

“No, it’s the, the other way. I live, that way.” He pointed in what was probably the right direction. He’d only had what, three drinks? What colour had they been?

The smoky man ignore Satrams pointing, and instead turned again, this time into an alleyway. Now Satrams was certain, there was no way he was drunk, but then, what-

Red Smoke. Odium’s Champion! He panicked, trying to get away. the Man simply laughed.

“Figured it out huh? A bit too late if you ask me.” He slammed him into the wall, and looked into his eyes. “Don’t worry man, you’ll be with your friends soon enough.” He pulled a curved Dagger out of somewhere, and rammed it into his belly. The Mercenary gasped, as he fell to his knees. His hat fell off into a pool of his own blood. His arms couldn’t squeeze the wound tight enough. He gasped once more, then slumped over.

Peng glared around the room at his so called colleagues. None of them had stood up for him when the Shin tried to kill him. None of them cared about him. He would be lucky if he lasted tomorrow. Storms, it would take a Miracle for him to survive.

“Peng.” He stiffened. When he turned around, there was no one where the voice had come from. “I believe you Peng.” The voice seemed to be coming from everywhere at once, though no one else was reacting to it. “Here, take this. You’ll need it tomorrow.”

Abruptly, everything felt warm. His back no longer ached, his mind felt awake, he could see much clearer in the darkened room. Wait, the room wasn’t dark anymore. He looked down at himself, and was surprised to see himself Glow. “We must all be completely Devoted to stopping Odium, Peng. Forgive them, and move on. We have a job to do.”

Close to tears, he looked up at the ceiling, imagining the starry night outside. “Thank you, Devotion.”

Satrams died! He was a Normal Worldhopper.

JasonPenguin is immune to be lynched this cycle.

Day 2 Begins. It will end at 10:00pm PST on Friday the 6th.

Braize was a rather dismal place for a picnic.  The sunset—the time was different from on Roshar—was a dark grey, as was most everything else on the planet.  There were gray trees, gray soil, and a grey sky.  Lady Ostrisce would never have come here if she didn't have a purpose: to find out how Odium had escaped.  She was determined to find out; if she did, then maybe they could trap him again.  All she and her followers knew was that Rayse had originally been trapped by Tanavast, who had then been killed by Odium.  She had several different guesses at how to trap him.  The first was to Shatter him, then trap the Splinters.  If they could kill Rayse, this would be the easiest.  Otherwise, it would be extremely hard.

This is turning into a true disaster, Ostrisce thought.  She and the other Worldhoppers would have to be very careful about who to lynch today.  Ostrisce did not believe in the killing  of inactive Worldhoppers, but there would eventually come a time when she would do anything to destroy Odium and his Champions.

So Satrams was a normal Worldhopper, which means he was killed by an OC, not Odium. There was no mention of another attack in the writeup. Given protections are revealed, as are OCs hitting Shards, what about a Shard-shatter hitting a Worldhopper? If it would have been revealed, we know Satrams was double-tapped.

Any Witness reports? We have enough protective roles to ensure you're not hit. (If no-one comes forward, can we conclude that if there is a Witness, they're an OC looking for Ruin/Bloodsealers?)

Anyway, we want to use this opportunity. Devotion has, intentionally or not, put the easiest lynch target out of our reach - which, at this stage of the game, is a good thing! Now we'll need to have a proper conversation.

First off, I'd like to ask Cognition to clarify his vote for Alv at the beginning of last cycle. Yes, first cycle reasoning is always shoddy. But you've traditionally opposed the idea of poke votes, and yet

You humans always run when you should pause and pause when you should act! Rayse is far too clever for indecisiveness. That is why The Second Sky has attracted my attention.

...I have trouble reading this as anything other than poking Alv into saying something. So is there a deeper meaning?

I'm surprised at the amount of information Gerald (and Winter, to a lesser extent) revealed during the night. It's probable he was flustered by Meta's comment at the end of the day, a scenario that seems more likely for a villager (since I would expect an OC to at least try getting a response from their doc-mates). Or it may have been a deliberate effort to bait attention. (Too tired to think through possibilities right now.)

Edit: formatting

Edited by twelfthrootoftwo

Why was Peng a suspect in the first place?

@twelfth I don't think we should assume that an OC is a witness if no one comes forward. An OC, for example, could come forward and claim to be a Witness, then implicate a Shard. Then someone protects him and we lynch a Shard. Knowing that, should we believe a "Witness" if they came forward now?

Edited by Snoopy

I've been a little quiet lately because of IRL reasons, but one thing that I did pick up on, although its a minor things, is what if Peng is not the Lifeless operator? If both he and the operator are OCs, then, just to be safe, the operator could have put the lifeless on Peng. Now, I would like to emphasize that I personally don't think this is a very likely possibility, but nobody had brought it up, and I didn't really see much discussion about Peng but more so around Cultivation. This is more of something I would like to make a note of as a slight bump up on my suspicion list.

so, Araris Valerian has a good point.  We have about a 1/29 chance to lynch a lifeless operator on the first round (could happen, but not likely).  So he has to be in league with some powerful people, either good or bad.  I figure he has a 1/7-ish chance of being an oc, but Cultivation's save makes me think that he's up with our powerful allies.  I'm just suspicious right now.

I would like to point out, on the subject of Satrams being just vanilla, that if all of the vanilla worldhoppers die, or even most of them, then for the shards to be able to use their powers they would have to invest in an OC. Its quite possible that this has happened already, although we haven't really gotten much indication either way. So we can't just bank on all of the shards surviving until the end and having a face-off against Odium. I really don't know who to vote for, the only person I could think about was Peng, so I'll try to look back through day 1 and the Scadrial PM and see what is up in those, then give my vote a little later today.

Did anyone move between worlds last night or did everyone stick with the world freeze?

Nobody moved on Roshar.

EDIT:  Hmm... since you're already on Roshar, I guess you know that.  :-)  

Edited by vineyarddawg

so, Araris Valerian has a good point.  We have about a 1/29 chance to lynch a lifeless operator on the first round (could happen, but not likely).  So he has to be in league with some powerful people, either good or bad.  I figure he has a 1/7-ish chance of being an oc, but Cultivation's save makes me think that he's up with our powerful allies.  I'm just suspicious right now.

Joe said  there could be more than one of the minor roles. So the 1/29 odds aren't really right. He also doesn't necessarily have to be in league with powerful people because of that. Anyone can be a lifeless operator, it could've been that it was him or that another lifeless operator saw he had a vote on him and didn't think he was on team odium. Also it was Devotion who put a save on him and Cultivation tried to get him lynched.

We know that Devotion is one of the people who wasn't shooting for a lynch on someone with no proof, right? That implicates someone with some experience. Still, as someone last cycle said, we don't want to know who the Shards are. They have a target on their backs, remember.