Meta, in RE to what you said in the day topic, Aonar should be protected for reasons outside of his planning...

Care to elaborate?

Cultivation hasn't been online, so s/he may not have been paying much attention to the happenings anyway.

Unless you've discovered a loophole, Cultivation is the reason we had a lynch at the end of the day cycle and therefore must have been online... Please explain?

Shall we go ahead with Aonar's plan now that it's the Night Cycle?

IF we go ahead with that plan, which by no means has been agreed upon, why on earth would we do it almost halfway though a night cycle? We would have only 14 hours to have that whole (rushed) discussion before one of the shards could be shattered. Start at the beginning of a day cycle and we have 72 hours to work out all the kinks. 

Yes. Although Endowment knows the Shards.

I just realized that it really sounds like I'm Endowment.

I am not.

I'm more likely to think that Cultivation contacted you through his/her PM ability then you being Endowment because he believes s/he could trust you.

EDIT grammar

Edited by Clanky

Vineyerian knew he'd gotten a late start, and he'd have to hurry to reach his destination by nightfall.  But there was no highstorm predicted for today, so he was certain he could get out of his former-master's lands and make it to a safe place by the time the darkest part of the night arrived.  Training with a huntmaster, after all, meant that Vineyerian knew how to move both quickly and stealthily. 

As he expected, he made quick progress, and arrived at the Portal Pond just as night was descending in earnest. (He knew that this was a rarely-visited section of what most people called the Purelake, but true to his stealthy nature, he preferred to call it the "Portal Pond," or "PP" for short.  That way, when someone from his home asked him where he had been during the time he was gone, he could just tell them he went "to go PP" and took his time coming back.  They still looked at him kind of funny, but nobody really challenged him when he used this excuse.  After all, huntmasters... and their assistants... frequently left for a few days without giving much of an explanation as to where they went.)

To Vineyerian's amazement, the PP wasn't deserted, as it had been every other time he had visited this place.  In fact, there was quite a gathering of people there now! Vineyerian approached cautiously and watched the situation for a time. It seemed to him that they were positioning themselves around the PP in such a way that they could see anyone who approached the section of the Pond you needed to access to travel to another world. So, they're trying to make sure they can see anyone who travels using the PP, he thought.  He was hesitant to step out of the shadows without taking another day or two to gather information about this odd situation, but he knew the "disturbance in the force" that he had felt earlier, and he thought that these people might need his help, so he overcame his natural tendency towards stealthiness and stepped into the clearing near the closest PP sentry. 

"HALT!" the PP sentry immediately said. "Who are you, and what is your business here?"

"My name is Brightlord Vineyerian Dagar!" Vineyerian said, with all the self-importance he could muster. "And I came here because I felt a great disturbance and feared that something terrible had happened. I see that your group is guarding the P... er, the travel portal... so I presume that you, also, have discovered the secret of world traveling."

"I see, Brightlord Dagar," said the sentry condescendingly.  "You certainly are dressed rather poorly for a Brightlord. You look more like a scruffy huntsman who is trying to sneak up on me."

"Yes, well.. I have never been recognized as a Brightlord, but my eyes are as light as any of theirs," Vineyerian said.  "I can travel to other worlds, too!  I've never heard of any other Brightlord who can do that, so I'm actually better than a Brightlord."

"And what do you know of this travel, Brightlord Scruffyman?" the sentry asked, definitely looking more hostile now.  "Who taught you about it?"  His arm twitched, and it appeared that he was starting to draw his weapon.

Vineyerian realized he might have overplayed his hand when he basically knew nothing about anything, and got rather flustered. "Uh...  Ah... Well... Now, look, friend, no need to be hasty. Well... the truth is, I stumbled onto this place during an extended long-range hunt one day recently, and I was lounging in the lake to help calm my nerves.  I'm not sure how I first world-traveled when I reached this place, but it was an amazing sensation.  After the first time, I experimented for a while until I got the hang of it and could come back home.  And let me tell you, that first world I accidentally traveled to was pretty weird. I could barely breathe from all the ash in the air, and I couldn't find a single green plant that was fit to eat!  I dang near starved to death before I figured out how to get back to Roshar!  Anyway, nobody taught me.  I just kind of figured it out for myself, and until I approached the portal just now I hadn't even met others who could travel."

The sentry relaxed slightly, though his arm did not move far from his weapon.  He said, "If your story is true, then your timing in discovering the worldhopping ability is quite unfortunate.  You've discovered a fantastic ability that few have, but now your life is in danger.  Odium has escaped and has killed the original 17th shard.  I and the other worldhoppers on Roshar are guarding this shardpool to ensure that neither Odium nor his Champions can pass onto or away from this world undetected."

Vineyerian was so overwhelmed that he hardly knew where to start asking questions.  "W... what? Look, I don't know anything about any of the stuff you just said.  But it sounds like this Odium fellow is up to no good.  If I can do anything to help you stop him, just tell me what it is."

"Well, understand that we can't fully trust you, son, because nobody here knows you, so we have no way of knowing that you're not playing us for fools.  But there are some things you can do to help.  Lady Ostrisce has gone away to do some reconnaissance for us for a little while, so you can start by taking her watch position, which is just over there to my left.  And while we're watching, I'll fill you in on the immediate details you need.  My name is Clink..."

OOC: Wow, sorry for the huge wall of RP text.  Guess I got really into doing my RP today.   :)

EDIT: And I just realized that the Scadrial reference makes no sense, because the Well of Ascension would have been inside Kredik Shaw. Oh well.  I'll try to do better tomorrow.

Edited by vineyarddawg

Well, looking back, I can kind of see why Peng was looking a little suspicious, with his retaliation vote and blatantly asking for Investiture like that, but yeah, it is a surprise to see Cultivation to force the lynch like that. But we know that they are in fact a Villager, thanks to the safe roles, so it just looks like a mislynch! (which isn't the first time we've had one of those!)

I do kind of agree that publicly discussing who Cultivation might be is probably not the best idea, but honestly, with the information and clarifications from Joe, that list is only narrowed down to 27 whole possible candidates. XD So while we shouldn't really bother trying to find the identity of Cultivation, we can still speculate about why the used their powers when they did. And not only thing, now that we know they are active (sending in orders), we can further promote discussion to giving them better targets to use on the lynches when we need it.

But this is all besides the point of what I wanted to talk about with this post. I really think we're missing an opportunity here, guys.

Witness: Once per night you may choose to learn the identity of a random killer. They also learn your identity.

If this can be used every night, can't we basically track down Odium within a matter of cycles with this Role? Especially if Ruin isn't performing any kills, any killer the Witness finds is basically going to be a 50/50 chance of being Odium if two kills happened. If only 1 happened, and it wasn't a shattered shard, then we know it was the invested kill.

Either way, this Role basically has a built-in auto-reveal mechanic! So, the killers learn the identity of the Witness, so what? That just means the Witness has no reason to not declare what they learn! They'll be fairly safe from lynches, unless the OCs try to perform some sort of counterclaim to get us to mislynch, but either way, we'll then be able to track down a killer from there. Which, if Ruin isn't usking their Kill, then there should only be 2 kills a night, from Odium and who they invest, leaving a 50/50 chance of finding Odium.

The witness declares who the killer is, if it's Odium, Endowment can confirm they are a shardholder, and then lynch Odium. This would leave Endowment and Witness to need to be protected at night, but if the Witness can be kept alive, then we can just keep finding the killer every night cycle. After Odium is killed, and then the player that they last invested is killed, do the OCs lose the ability to night-kill?

Edit: It was blue. You saw nothing. ;)

Edited by Gamma Fiend

He isn't Endowment. I know what he is. Again, this IS suspicious but I'm not gonna say how I know for fear of giving away something some powerful player away.

You kind of just did give them away by hinting them.

I haven't got much to say. By rushing a lynch like that, I suppose we can narrow Cultivation down to a new player or a player that really wants a lymch.

There is of course, one issue- Gamma.

Since The Enemy can potentially kill two people a cycle (if Odium invests in his champion), Odium can kill someone- see he has been witnessed, then he can command that his champion kills the witness before the day can even start, before the witness can accuse Odium. 

Joe, I'd just like to clarify if the scenario I just explained is possible- since it is unclear whether Odium will find out about being witnessed during the night phase (where he can still make his champion kill the witness), or during the day (where the witness will be safe during the day). Depending on this, we have to make sure the witness is protected before pursuing this plan- which will be difficult because there will be no way for them to prove to the protector roles that they are the witness. 

I just figured we should point that out in case we would lose a influential player purely because we hadn't considered all the possibilities.. :V

Edited by Unodus

Well at least they didn't come here to kill me. However that doesn't mean that I'm truly enjoying what they are doing.

Clink sat tied to a chair in the corner of the room as the other worldhoppers sat around a large table arguing. After Clink encountered them at the Stargate (Clink still preferred his name to shardpool as he has heard his captors calling it) he had tried to run but to no avail as one of them caught him before he had got more than a few meters. Then they started interrogating him, asking Clink about some shard called Odium, if he was planning on destroying the cosmere and if he had killed their friends.

They're crazy! What even is a shard? Also how and why did it want to kill everyone? All I was trying to do was see if I was being followed and now I'm being held captive by a bunch of maniacs! They don't even trust each other. They keep accusing each other of being a spy or even of being Odium. It's like none of them really know who they're looking for!

He had tried everything to make them let him go, he had tried bribes, threats he even said he would give them a 15% discount on anything he had to sell! Anything! However none of it worked.

If they can't even trust each other there is no way they will just let me go alive. I suppose if you can't beat them you join them. It's time for me to come up with a plan.

It was then that Clink remembered he was terrible at making plans. I suppose I'll just wing it then.

"Hey! I think I can help you find Odium!"

I haven't got much to say. By rushing a lynch like that, I suppose we can narrow Cultivation down to a new player or a player that really wants a lymch.

Unless they pretended not to want a lynch and always planned on using their PM vote. or maybe they didn't even voice an opinion about lynching knowing it could make people suspicious?

MOD EDIT: Please refrain from double posting. Use the edit button to add more information to the post.

Edited by little wilson

We're in a PM created by Cultivation, that's my explanation. (yeah, rhymes, right?) He might actually be, but I'm trusting (FOR NOW) that he hasn't lied about not being Endowment. 

Cultivation hasn't been online, so s/he may not have been paying much attention to the happenings anyway.

He isn't Endowment. I know what he is. Again, this IS suspicious but I'm not gonna say how I know for fear of giving away something some powerful player away.

These two posts interest me very much. Snoopy, you're very involved in this apparently, knowing Cultivation as well as Winter knowing your role. That's very curious and I'm not sure if it's being a new player or being an OC that information is getting revealed so quickly and easily.

For what it's worth, i think i approve of Metas idea of having ruin kill inactives and lurkers, for the reasons already mentioned. We need to get people talking so we have some info to go on.

I like that plan, but Gamma brings up a good point. If Ruin (and other killing-type roles)abstains from a kill tonight, then the Witness is just about guaranteed to catch Odium or an OC.

There is of course, one issue- Gamma.

Since The Enemy can potentially kill two people a cycle (if Odium invests in his champion), Odium can kill someone- see he has been witnessed, then he can command that his champion kills the witness before the day can even start, before the witness can accuse Odium. 

Joe, I'd just like to clarify if the scenario I just explained is possible- since it is unclear whether Odium will find out about being witnessed during the night phase (where he can still make his champion kill the witness), or during the day (where the witness will be safe during the day). Depending on this, we have to make sure the witness is protected before pursuing this plan- which will be difficult because there will be no way for them to prove to the protector roles that they are the witness. 

I just figured we should point that out in case we would lose a influential player purely because we hadn't considered all the possibilities.. :V

Odium's kill, The Champion's kill Ruin's Kill, and the Bloodsealer kill all happen at the same time as the witness. So if the Witness did spot Odium, It would be too late to kill him/her unless they waited an entire day.