Random Stuff

mail-mi

That would be a very unprofessional thing to do. :huh: Do you have the link to the article talking about the tattoos?

I get most of my movie information kinda sideways over Screenjunkies moviefights on youtube, who talked about it in their last fight on their last show. So I don't really have an article. I'm not sure if you want the link to the video given that it's in large parts about Age of Ultron.

I get most of my movie information kinda sideways over Screenjunkies moviefights on youtube, who talked about it in their last fight on their last show. So I don't really have an article. I'm not sure if you want the link to the video given that it's in large parts about Age of Ultron.

Thanks anyway, but I'm not quite ready to surrender my battle against AoU spoilers. -_-

The worst part is that this basically confirms we won't get a Suicide Squad series based on the Arrowverse. I've been thinking about that ever since season 2, and it would have been perfect.

The setup of the Squad let's you rotate characters in and out, every episodes mission could be different (ranging from high octane action to low-key stealth), every character has to have a past which let's them straddle the line between villain and anti-hero, and the series has some cool villains you could immediately bank on.

(Seriously CW, make a show staring Manu Bennet as Death stroke. I will watch every episode of that).

Yeah, the Arrow and Flash series aren't perfect... but not doing a Suicide Squad series seems like such a missed opportunity.

Edited by Quiver

Suicide Squad Cast Picture, apparently.

suicide-squad-cast-2.jpg

The funny thing is, my reaction to this was "I didn't know Katana was in the Suicide Squad movie"... but besides her, Deadshot and Harley, I have no idea who those other characters are supposed to be.

Also, Will Smiths "full" costume.

SuicideSquadDeadshot.jpg

Where's the Joker in that one?

The worst part is that this basically confirms we won't get a Suicide Squad series based on the Arrowverse. I've been thinking about that ever since season 2, and it would have been perfect.

The setup of the Squad let's you rotate characters in and out, every episodes mission could be different (ranging from high octane action to low-key stealth), every character has to have a past which let's them straddle the line between villain and anti-hero, and the series has some cool villains you could immediately bank on.

(Seriously CW, make a show staring Manu Bennet as Death stroke. I will watch every episode of that).

Yeah, the Arrow and Flash series aren't perfect... but not doing a Suicide Squad series seems like such a missed opportunity

YES, YES, YES! To both of those! I'd love a Deathstroke show and a Suicide Squad one. This new one for the movie looks alright, but so far, I prefer the CW's take.

The Joker isn't in the picture for some reason; neither is (spoilers if you didn't know/don't want to know, I guess?)

Viola Davis, who is staring as Amanda Waller.

So... Amanda Waller sits in a chair for the entire movie staring at the main characters?

#typosaremagic :P

So... Amanda Waller sits in a chair for the entire movie staring at the main characters?

#typosaremagic :P

I want to throw a tantrum about how you know what I mean, Kobold... but if Arrow and the Suicide Squad comics are any indication, yes, Amanda Waller will spend most of her time sitting in a chair and staring at the Squad on monitors for two hours raritywink.png

Edited by Quiver

Does anybody else think that no matter what grade/age you're in that when teachers make you read a good book and answer questions about them, it totally ruins the experience?

or like anything for that matter.

I love math and science, but the classes drain me with all the grades and work.

Does anybody else think that no matter what grade/age you're in that when teachers make you read a good book and answer questions about them, it totally ruins the experience?

Eh, it depends on the book. If I actually like it, then no it doesn't bother me. However if I don't enjoy the book, it makes it so much worse. For example, I really enjoyed The Count of Monte Cristo, and read my 700 page edition within two weeks. But it took me just under three weeks to read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which is only fifty pages.  :unsure:

Eh, it depends on the book. If I actually like it, then no it doesn't bother me. However if I don't enjoy the book, it makes it so much worse. For example, I really enjoyed The Count of Monte Cristo, and read my 700 page edition within two weeks. But it took me just under three weeks to read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, which is only fifty pages.  :unsure:

Really? I'm a big Stevenson fan. I read Jekyll and Hyde in a day.

...but then, I was reading under a very loose homeschool schedule, which basically pointed me towards good works of literature and let me devour them at my own pace. And while I was encouraged to talk about my favorites, I never had to answer questions. So our respective experiences aren't really comparable. :unsure:

Heck yeah! Homeschoolers unite! Haha. I also got to choose what I wanted to read, but my teacher (i.e., mom) was astonished that I wanted to put down a fifty page book. She made me read it due to the fact that it was a classic and that I could probably (maybe) learn something of value from it. So I guess not too different.  :P My high school experience was basically the same as every other homeschooled kid.  :P

Heck yeah! Homeschoolers unite! Haha. I also got to choose what I wanted to read, but my teacher (i.e., mom) was astonished that I wanted to put down a fifty page book. She made me read it due to the fact that it was a classic and that I could probably (maybe) learn something of value from it. So I guess not too different. :P My high school experience was basically the same as every other homeschooled kid. :P

When I was homeschooled, I used a curriculum from a Christian school (BJU, I think). The reading books were collections of short stories, where we got two fantasy stories a year and they were almost always about talking animals or talking food. Something was talking that shouldn't be talking. Anyway, public school wasn't much better; I still had to slog through all those stories so I'd have time to read what I really liked.

Heck yeah! Homeschoolers unite! Haha. I also got to choose what I wanted to read, but my teacher (i.e., mom) was astonished that I wanted to put down a fifty page book. She made me read it due to the fact that it was a classic and that I could probably (maybe) learn something of value from it. So I guess not too different.  :P My high school experience was basically the same as every other homeschooled kid.  :P

I had a list of books, but I wasn't compelled to read any book on the list except the Bible. If I hated a book, I didn't have to read it. My mother followed the principle that there were too many valuable books in the world to read in one lifetime, so I shouldn't be wasting time on anything that I had to force myself to read.

And I adore her for that ideology. Giving me a vast treasure trove of good books and telling me to have at it at will was the best thing she could have done for me. I read and I read and I read, devouring book after book after book just for the fun of it. I read every book in the house and returned from the library each week with armloads I could barely carry. The point is, the environment I was taught in made reading not a chore that I had to accomplish every day, but an essential part of who I am.

In short: my mom's homeschooling curriculum is for sale on Amazon. Go buy it. :P

It certainly is a good way to develop a love for reading! Of course by the time ninth grade rolled around, I had long before developed a taste for devouring books. I remember going to the library as a young lad and checking out the maximum number of books allowed every trip. Ahhh good times, good times.  :D

Generally dissecting books for sschool ruins them for me, with one exception: The Complete Maus by Art Spiegelman (highly recommended with a caveat that it's very intense).

So it's a holocaust story written as a graphic novel, in which Germans are anthropomorphic cats, Jews are mice and the Polish are pigs. It's essentially the story of a survivors son trying to understand his parents and their war experience. I thought it was pretty good when I first read it, and then when I studied it we took time to look at every panel in detail, and the style and motifs, and it really made me fall in love with the book.

A mother witch on Sofia the First just explained to her daughter that being wicked is a family tradition.

:blink: Methinks the writers on this show have a fundamental misunderstanding about how good and evil actually work.

Is the mother witch a villain who's inadvertently setting her daughter up for a heartwarming life lesson about choosing morality over family pressure, or is the show taking it upon itself to redefine the word "wicked" to mean "cackling over a cauldron"?

Is the mother witch a villain who's inadvertently setting her daughter up for a heartwarming life lesson about choosing morality over family pressure, or is the show taking it upon itself to redefine the word "wicked" to mean "cackling over a cauldron"?

More the second. Although the definition of "wicked" here seems to equate more with "chaotic," since this witch's idea of a wicked hex is one that makes rocks rise out of the river and create a formation trapping a kayaker in a pool, or making an island rise to the point those on it can't escape.

More the second. Although the definition of "wicked" here seems to equate more with "chaotic," since this witch's idea of a wicked hex is one that makes rocks rise out of the river and create a formation trapping a kayaker in a pool, or making an island rise to the point those on it can't escape.

:huh:

I know a certain draconequus who wouldn't react well to hearing about how chaos and wickedness are being conflated in the show. We better not let him hear about it...

d71ca3d3996265aefa099de62a05cc42-d4q73ig

...whoops. Too late. :mellow: Consider this post an official prescription to watch a marathon of all the Discord episodes of My Little Pony. :P