Random Stuff

mail-mi

The PSAT was wonderful.

I've been looking for some APWH ones but I haven't found much. The AP Lit/Lang (don't remember which) had some memes out there. Not on such a big scale but there. They're on tumblr. If you just search ap testing they should pop up.

Sophomore, actually. I took the ACT earlier this year, SAT last year. I've taken the SAT a lot, actually. Its a breeze now, which was the point of taking it so many times. Took the PSAT last semester and have to take it next year as the NMSQT.

Sophomore, actually. I took the ACT earlier this year, SAT last year. I've taken the SAT a lot, actually. Its a breeze now, which was the point of taking it so many times. Took the PSAT last semester and have to take it next year as the NMSQT.

I did the same thing with both ACT and SAT and got very good scores on the ACT. Good luck to you! For me, the college search now begins. I'm trying to get into West Point, but we shall see...

Also, on a completely random note, I discovered today that two of the best names for cats are Gandalf and Radagast!

Oh dear, college search. I have no idea where to go. Heck, I don't even know what to major in. I really like engineering and math (not good at math though) and science things (nuclear engineering, please) but also animation and art. So many choices.

Good luck with your search/college!

Oh dear, college search. I have no idea where to go. Heck, I don't even know what to major in. I really like engineering and math (not good at math though) and science things (nuclear engineering, please) but also animation and art. So many choices.

Good luck with your search/college!

Same. It's crazy. My parents are all like, "What do you want to do? What is your ultimate plan for your life?" It's easier for me to eliminate what I don't want (English and humanities) than to know what I do want.

Anyhoo, enough of this somber conversation! Back to the randomness!

Did anyone else see the Legends of Tomorrow trailer?

And if so, did you immediately start grinning until the part where you saw the release date, at which point you cursed the heavens for denying such an awesome looking show for close to a year?

(Also the Supergirl trailer; it looks like it could be fun, but that trailer seemed like a recap of the entire pilot. What a strange way to market something.) 

Did anyone else see the Legends of Tomorrow trailer?

And if so, did you immediately start grinning until the part where you saw the release date, at which point you cursed the heavens for denying such an awesome looking show for close to a year?

(Also the Supergirl trailer; it looks like it could be fun, but that trailer seemed like a recap of the entire pilot. What a strange way to market something.) 

It does seem quite promising, yes. I do find it interesting that the

Timemaster

is british. :P

Supergirl is also going to be a TV show, right? I,m pretty sure they could work through most of that in the first two episodes.

Edited by Edgedancer

So gather round, ye members. Let the King of the Kobolds tell you a short but woeful story.

These past couple of days my home has been visited by two guests--an old friend of my mother's and her 18 year-old daughter. We've been having a blast with them, but every now and then I'm left alone in the open living room with no one to talk to. When that transpires I pop open my laptop and check the 17th Shard, as I do in all my spare waking moments.

And so I was browsing the forum, reading a post by the wonderful TwiLyghtSansSparkles, when I became suddenly aware of a delicate chin hovering directly over my shoulder.

It was the aforementioned daughter, a young lady who has been the bane of my existence my off-and-on frenemy since we were both four. She was born two weeks ahead of me and makes sure I know it on every visit, and this week has taken great delight in claiming to be a manlier specimen of humanity than I.

This is the young woman who was reading over my shoulder, taking in a post penned by a member with a flamboyant purple MLP avatar.

Wit lost me. Sense oozed out of me. My frenemy's curious gaze swept over the screen. I uttered the first sentence which came to mind.

"Th-the purple pony's not my profile picture!" I blurted, scooting my chair from the eavesdropping teenager.

Her expression remained unchanged, as unreadable as ever. "What is your profile picture?" she asked curiously.

What demons reside on her shoulder, egging her to ask that question at this time? What foul forces has she made pacts with, to have made such an inquiry at this precise moment? Regardless of the stray drop of sweat on my forehead, I tried and failed to give a smile and answered.

"Well, I'm--it's a pony, but it's not a purple pony. Just for the record."

Her expression remained solid, but I could swear her lips twinged upward in a slight and nigh-imperceptible smile. With a final glance at my screen, she turned her back to me, walking across the room to play another round of Tetris on her phone.

And that is my secret, fellow Sharders. On the forum I am, by objective measurement, a giant of popularity and social poise, with no less than 14, 178 points to reward my wit and humor.

In real life? I am naught but a buffoon, a blockhead, a bozo, a dork.

Just thought you should know.

So gather round, ye members. Let the King of the Kobolds tell you a short but woeful story.

These past couple of days my home has been visited by two guests--an old friend of my mother's and her 18 year-old daughter. We've been having a blast with them, but every now and then I'm left alone in the open living room with no one to talk to. When that transpires I pop open my laptop and check the 17th Shard, as I do in all my spare waking moments.

And so I was browsing the forum, reading a post by the wonderful TwiLyghtSansSparkles, when I became suddenly aware of a delicate chin hovering directly over my shoulder.

It was the aforementioned daughter, a young lady who has been the bane of my existence my off-and-on frenemy since we were both four. She was born two weeks ahead of me and makes sure I know it on every visit, and this week has taken great delight in claiming to be a manlier specimen of humanity than I.

This is the young woman who was reading over my shoulder, taking in a post penned by a member with a flamboyant purple MLP avatar.

Wit lost me. Sense oozed out of me. My frenemy's curious gaze swept over the screen. I uttered the first sentence which came to mind.

"Th-the purple pony's not my profile picture!" I blurted, scooting my chair from the eavesdropping teenager.

Her expression remained unchanged, as unreadable as ever. "What is your profile picture?" she asked curiously.

What demons reside on her shoulder, egging her to ask that question at this time? What foul forces has she made pacts with, to have made such an inquiry at this precise moment? Regardless of the stray drop of sweat on my forehead, I tried and failed to give a smile and answered.

Her expression remained solid, but I could swear her lips twinged upward in a slight and nigh-imperceptible smile. With a final glance at my screen, she turned her back to me, walking across the room to play another round of Tetris on her phone.

And that is my secret, fellow Sharders. On the forum I am, by objective measurement, a giant of popularity and social poise, with no less than 14, 178 points to reward my wit and humor.

I should have known my purple pony avatar was bound to cause social difficulties for someone sooner or later. :unsure:

And I suppose this picture won't help matters:

549610_10151231261043132_798006979_n.jpg

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Oh dear. Now that both of them are here, the conservation shall speedily turn to ponies and ponies and cats and Twilyght's pugs...

Edit: Not that that's a bad thing of course. I obviously did not intend to make a discrimatory remark about ponies.

Edit 2: And my use of the word "conversation" was CERTAINLY not intended to offend those who do not have normally-functioning vocal chords.

Edit 3: And my use of the word phrase "speedily turn" was in no way intended to affront or cause a social microagression toward those who have ambulatory difficulties or drive trucks with wide-angle turns.

Edit 4: My use of the three-dot ellipsis (...) at the end of a sentence, while grammatically incorrect, was not intended to offend those who are grammar Nazis champion a deeper understanding of the English language.

Edited by Kipper

I hear you have to reach 20000 rep before you become "Instabam." I wish you good luck, young Stormwarden!

That reminds me of a story. Once upon a time, I took a friend to Chipotle for his first time. I carefully guided him through the steps of selecting the incredimaziballs chicken, the splendiferous pepper/onion mix, and the mishmash of salsas. Upon exiting the restaurant, the first words out of his mouth were, "That was an excellent tortilla." Flabbergasted, I turned to him and demanded to know whether he liked the burrito filling or not. He said, "It was good, but I really really liked the tortilla. Very high quality" After I related this tale of woe to a few mutual acquaintances, the friend in question received the title of "Tortilla Connoisseur," or just "Tortilla."

I should have known my purple pony avatar was bound to cause social difficulties for someone sooner or later. :unsure:

And I suppose this picture won't help matters:

549610_10151231261043132_798006979_n.jpg

Oh, don't worry about it. :P

To be honest, I might have embellished my embarrassment a teensy bit in the retelling. She already knew I was a brony, after all. ;)

I don't exactly know what those cats are doing in the sink, or why there's a book about Stalin in the background, but I respectfully think that you're wrong and that image does help any situation. :D

Why didn't you ask her about West coast Epics? I'm sure that would have thrown her off-guard. :P

I myself have sworn to tell people thay my pony avatar can casually level cities, if anyone ever askes me. :ph34r: