Oh, I completely missed the Lover rule. It depends on this rule clarification then, but I'd imagine they still become lovers if one is Returned

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Uhhhhhhh what?

If I Return everyone knows I'm a Priest. If one were to assume I am not a High Priest, the only affect to me is that I can't vote, and I'd say sharing my reads without suspicion allows me a degree of influence that somewhat outweighs that.

Just now, Kidpen said:

Oh, I completely missed the Lover rule. It depends on this rule clarification then, but I'd imagine they still become lovers if one is Returned

If I Return everyone knows I'm a Priest. If one were to assume I am not a High Priest, the only affect to me is that I can't vote, and I'd say sharing my reads without suspicion allows me a degree of influence that somewhat outweighs that.

So how does this detrimentally interact with your wincon?

On the assumption that voting out an elim today causes the other two to be lovers (like what Kas was saying) (also calling them lovers is very funny), it would be more beneficial to knock out an elim today imo. Assuming I'm understanding this correctly.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

Aeternum is likely villager for This post since it's out of their elim range (meta) imo.

You're technically basing that off of one game (which was also my first game)

Just now, Kasimir said:

So if you are not voting out a Villager, then why are you suggesting making Archer a Returned?

I thought it wasn't a treestump and was instead the 5d multiversal time travel that was promised in the sign-ups

(If it wasn't clear, I thought d1 exe gave someone a special ability)

Just now, Aeoryi said:

(If it wasn't clear, I thought d1 exe gave someone a special ability)

Lemme just get this straight.

You initially agreed because you thought it gave Archer special powers. Then, you presumably went to read the rules and discovered that it just sorta soft-kills Archer, and figured, nah, you'd pass?

17 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

NOOOOOOO
Oh, I'm a bit late to the party. I should be around until the cycle end though. Although actually-do we want a Heretic or a Priest to die today? I'm thinking a Heretic would be ideal, but there is some benefit to a Priest dying as well. So if I were to die it would be an okay situation for me, other than the whole win condition situation.

@Weaver of Lies Weaver of Lies seems to be a sensible next target.

Uhh…why?

Kidpen

Back at you, friend.

2 hours ago, Kasimir said:

How do you feel about achieving vampiric immortality and godhood?

Edited to add:

Is there a reason you're tacitly ascribing a positive read valence, however mild, to conflict avoidance?

I'd rather someone else got the role. 

They said they were leaving after that. I'd return (haha pun) to them later if warranted. 

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

Aeternum is likely villager for This post since it's out of their elim range (meta) imo.

*looks for white text*

"Clearly I am not of sufficient Heightening to see your hidden message."

*disappointment*

44 minutes ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

Here let's try again. You repeat after me:

"The Unknown Ajah"

"And repeat after me! Your life become.... Wait that won't work since I'll be the one saying it first."

30 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

You see, I do not own the trademark, I just need to acknowledge it exists so that I can avoid some lawsuits (and an early exec)

And yeah @Kasimir and @The Unknown Ajah made a good point. Our choice of returned will influence the rest of the game. I’d rather have general consensus on who we choose. 

"General Consensus is away fighting a battle. Uncertainty is all we are left with. And I'm okay with that." 

10 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

NOOOOOOO
Oh, I'm a bit late to the party. I should be around until the cycle end though. Although actually-do we want a Heretic or a Priest to die today? I'm thinking a Heretic would be ideal, but there is some benefit to a Priest dying as well. So if I were to die it would be an okay situation for me, other than the whole win condition situation.

@Weaver of Lies Weaver of Lies seems to be a sensible next target.

Soo. I should keep my vote on you? :3.

3 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Wdym? We have to identify all the heretics regardless, since our win condition is eliminating them.

Pretty sure the last two elims become lovers, so killing one makes the other die. 

Now to read all the ninjas. 

Edited to add:

I guess what I'm asking is - if at the time of your recommending Archer, you figured it would give him special powers, why not vote him then? What's the timeline between your interaction with TUA and realising the impact of the D1 exe?

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Why?

Now to read all the ninjas. 

You and me both... -.-

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Lemme just get this straight.

You initially agreed because you thought it gave Archer special powers. Then, you presumably went to read the rules and discovered that it just sorta soft-kills Archer, and figured, nah, you'd pass?

Correct

*snoring* wait huh- oh hi yall. Sorry, i was asleep so i didnt get to see this. anyways, RBM thats rather rude of you, and just for reasons I can't articulate (like normal, welcome to my hideous SE gameplay), Cash67 has caught my eye. @Cash67

Edited by TheRavenHasLanded

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Correct

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I guess what I'm asking is - if at the time of your recommending Archer, you figured it would give him special powers, why not vote him then? What's the timeline between your interaction with TUA and realising the impact of the D1 exe?

Any chance you can clarify this element of your thought process then? Thanks!

Any chance you can clarify this element of your thought process then? Thanks!

Not everything requires an immediate vote, at least in my opinion. I more nominated archer because I wanted to see how it'd be perceived, especially since I think other people are better at reading archer than me and also I wanted more opinions on how the d1 exe should be used

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Not everything requires an immediate vote, at least in my opinion. I more nominated archer because I wanted to see how it'd be perceived, especially since I think other people are better at reading archer than me and also I wanted more opinions on how the d1 exe should be used

Works for me, thanks!

1 hour ago, The Unknown Ajah said:

Edit: I'd also like to bring up the topic of making @Kasimirthe Returned this turn.

I'm downgrading my personal confidence in early TUA reads since the last LG, but this feels like it emerges from V!TUA psychology rather than E!TUA given his predilection for using the NK on me.

18 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

On the assumption that voting out an elim today causes the other two to be lovers (like what Kas was saying) (also calling them lovers is very funny), it would be more beneficial to knock out an elim today imo. Assuming I'm understanding this correctly.

You're technically basing that off of one game (which was also my first game)

14 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

Before I leave again, is it (in your opinion) better to kill an elim or townie today?

I'll be back in a few hours

I agree with the V!Aet read.

Like a husky I will scream if asked to share my reasoning 😔

Works for me, thanks!

I'm downgrading my personal confidence in early TUA reads since the last LG, but this feels like it emerges from V!TUA psychology rather than E!TUA given his predilection for using the NK on me.

I would compare it more to running face first into a wall.

14 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

You and me both... -.-

It's such a busy thread. At least we have PMs! 

10 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

*snoring* wait huh- oh hi yall. Sorry, i was asleep so i didnt get to see this. anyways, RBM thats rather rude of you, and just for reasons I can't articulate (like normal, welcome to my hideous SE gameplay), Cash67 has caught my eye. 

Hm. I don't like how self conscious this post is. An excuse for being late and a joke about themselves seems evil hyper aware. 

Kidpen. Raven

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

Works for me, thanks!

Only thing I wanna know is why he pinged you. That rang slightly performative. 

Just now, Archer said:

Beats me. I can't help you if it's a theory we're E/E, and I think I'm willing to see as plausible a theory E!TUA just suggests it because he has some decent risk tolerance and suggesting is cheap, but apart from that, I also am not sure E!TUA commits to wanting to wrestle me in the thread for the rest of the game. You could argue the LG might give him confidence, sure, but I also kinda think preferences tend to be a bit stronger than that.

Either way I don't ascribe high confidence to the read. I just note it's where my brain is at at this particular point in time.

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

Singular.

24 minutes ago, Archer said:

Still interested in your reasoning here, s'il vous plaît!

10 minutes ago, Archer said:

Hm. I don't like how self conscious this post is. An excuse for being late and a joke about themselves seems evil hyper aware. 

Kidpen. Raven

Ok, i actually was asleep, this was posted 12 hours ago for me. and i was sleeping up until like an hour ago.

32 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

So how does this detrimentally interact with your wincon?

Because villagers dying helps the elims win, and elims dying helps the villagers win. So in terms of direct affect, me dying hurts my (and the villager's) wincon, even if there are some positive affects for a villager dying as well.

29 minutes ago, Weaver of Lies said:

Uhh…why?

Kidpen

Back at you, friend.

Weaver of Lies. Any thoughts on the game so far?

28 minutes ago, Archer said:

Soo. I should keep my vote on you? :3.

I said that in part to say that this would be an acceptable outcome, although I'd prefer someone else. Really the only way for this vote to go fully bad would be if we got the high priest.

I also just saw Kas's question about why Cash assumed we have 3 elims. I think its a very good question, and I did not see a response. For now I'll hop on Cash67.

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

Because villagers dying helps the elims win, and elims dying helps the villagers win. So in terms of direct affect, me dying hurts my (and the villager's) wincon, even if there are some positive affects for a villager dying as well.

I said that in part to say that this would be an acceptable outcome, although I'd prefer someone else. Really the only way for this vote to go fully bad would be if we got the high priest.

I also just saw Kas's question about why Cash assumed we have 3 elims. I think its a very good question, and I did not see a response. For now I'll hop on Cash67.

Huh- I mean, cash Did vote me earlier- so- might aswel join ya with Cash67.

Just now, Wierdo said:

Huh- I mean, cash Did vote me earlier- so- might aswel join ya with Cash67.

I feel suspicious of this. If Cash responds I think Wierdo may be my next vote.

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Beats me. I can't help you if it's a theory we're E/E, and I think I'm willing to see as plausible a theory E!TUA just suggests it because he has some decent risk tolerance and suggesting is cheap, but apart from that, I also am not sure E!TUA commits to wanting to wrestle me in the thread for the rest of the game. You could argue the LG might give him confidence, sure, but I also kinda think preferences tend to be a bit stronger than that.

Either way I don't ascribe high confidence to the read. I just note it's where my brain is at at this particular point in time.

Singular.

Still interested in your reasoning here, s'il vous plaît!

The scenario I'd envision would be e!TUA (who doesn't mind a good early game gambit) deciding you were likely going to be village read regardless of a formal flip, and this method gets rid of your vote, so if it takes off, he gets credit from you for suggesting it, and he kills a villager instead of an elim today. I'd probably still just NK you, but it could be a nice hedge. I'm mostly just sus of people wanted to kill a villager today. I'd rather best case we kill an elim, worst case we get a villager read that would have been hard to acquire. 

I'm aware PMs are a precious resource, that's why I wanted you to use yours if you wanted the answer. :P. I feel like there was a missed opportunity to make them Breath themed. Add that to the patch notes. 

5 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Ok, i actually was asleep, this was posted 12 hours ago for me. and i was sleeping up until like an hour ago.

I'm not disputing that, I'm just reading it as an elim wanting to avoid being sussed for what they see as bad reasons. 

3 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Are you assuming four? 

1 minute ago, Kidpen said:

I feel suspicious of this. If Cash responds I think Wierdo may be my next vote.

Why? 

Just now, Archer said:

I'm not disputing that, I'm just reading it as an elim wanting to avoid being sussed for what they see as bad reasons. 

Thank you, i appreciate it. anyways, i see your reasoning and agree with it, although I doubt i would make a good returned.

and besides, ive done things similar to this when i was v (i think) (too lazy to go searching through it right now, will do it later)

7 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

That I have no idea what I'm doing? Other than that...not a whole lot.

I'm aware PMs are a precious resource, that's why I wanted you to use yours if you wanted the answer. :P.

Sorry, I don't like you that much 😛 (j/k)

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'm mostly just sus of people wanted to kill a villager today.

This seems to tacitly imply a degree of credence in my alignment I'm sceptical of, particularly given you just mentioned you wanted to force me to burn my PM.

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

I'd probably still just NK you, but it could be a nice hedge.

It could, which is why I don't want to overcredence, yes. I still am comfortable with the current mild lean.

For everyone:

Remember you can get a vote tally from Tallybot here! Drake has updated the bot AFAICT. (Not running it rn because I need to get actual sleep.)