Long Game 99: Scourges of the Saturated Seas

Sart

Just now, Amanuensis said:

Sunlight gang four-way-chain? Aman-Kas-JNV-Bee-Aman?

Sorry bro, the only reason I stayed in this game was to play with you and TJ. Drake is chopped liver ig serves him right for a late sign-up

I specifically took a Sunlight Spore to be able to PM one of you and my current order is to PM you. Lemme know if I should change it so we don't waste the spores.

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Sorry bro, the only reason I stayed in this game was to play with you and TJ. Drake is chopped liver ig serves him right for a late sign-up

I specifically took a Sunlight Spore to be able to PM one of you and my current order is to PM you. Lemme know if I should change it so we don't waste the spores.

JNV could PM you then and Aman can PM Bee. Maybe Bee can start a PM outside of the Sunlight Gang to filter information to/through us.

For now that is all o7

Edited by Amanuensis

56 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

JNV could PM you then and Aman can PM Bee. Maybe Bee can start a PM outside of the Sunlight Gang to filter information to/through us.

I mean that is kinda my current plan dont know about the you part anyway hi sorry I didnt get on in the day I kinda meant to in the last few hours but life picked up really abruptly so I just submitted the order and dipped

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

Also what's with the early cycle end - is it Daylight Savings or something?

Yep just hit for us Americans on Sunday

Anyway Im not surprised Aeoryi got voted and also not surprised it wasnt a hit and also not really upset about it Ill do a more htorough read of D1 later bye

Morrigan grinned at the small spore in the palm of her glove. She had never managed to get her hands on a green one before, and plots of mischief were already spinning and twirling about her mind, like dancers. Suddenly, the boat rocked, almost knocking her over.

"Bad," croaked Chicken in her ear. His neck feathers had puffed out to form an anxious ruff. "Bad, bad, bad!"

Morrigan reluctantly tore her eyes away from the tiny treasure, stuffing it in one of her many jacket pockets, all of which were filled with odds and ends of the trinketous sort. She scuttled to the edge of the deck just in time to see the last of Aeoryi sink under the surface of the spores. The falling feeling in her gut felt like the stopping of the Seethe; heavy with the knowledge that whatever trouble had begun could not be escaped. Mutiny was sprouting on their ship, as sure as the rain from the lunagrees. 

"Ba-a-ad!"

At least Morrigan had a thimbleful of magic in her pocket, now. She would need it.

FWIW my current theory is at most one opportunist on the Aeo train but I'll take a look sometime later if I can. (I don't think it's too farfetched as prima facie, it's a five vote train which is fairly sizeable. I had a theory about TKN because I kind of don't know if E!TKN just sheeps onto Aeo or pushes that way - maybe some commitment given E!TJ but I lean against it based off TKN's wariness/reluctance to aggressively defend teammates. Not sure. Need to recheck if have time.)

Have to finish a report today and a presentation tomorrow first so not going to be too fussed to make it.

Edited to add:

Nothing really stops it from being two but I have a hard time seeing the theoretical pressure to double up here unless it's to save E!TJ, and even then...

59 minutes ago, JNV said:

I mean that is kinda my current plan dont know about the you part anyway hi sorry I didnt get on in the day I kinda meant to in the last few hours but life picked up really abruptly so I just submitted the order and dipped

i kind of just opened a sunlight chat with someone outside the sunlight gang already. 

<TJ, Royal Bee Mage, The Bald Brandon> (late followers on the Aeo train)

<Faerie Braids, Amanuensis, JNV> (abstainers)

Loosely committed to the notion of the elim team being split within these two groups.

Expecting 3 elims.

That's all for now, yarr.

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

But if he was in the same position as Aeo where their death seems inevitable, he’d most likely try wiggling out of the exe and go for Crimson to flip Drake with him, since people would want him dead anyway and he believes publicly gunning for Crimson is within e!Drake’s gambit range.

Gorlog's saggy ba- bags. I'm getting old and sloppy.

@Sart - Can people still pull a Lotus in this game?

(i.e. Does collecting of a spore happen at the same time as the exe? I'm specifically asking because say the top exe suspect guns for Crimson/Roseite (yes I know, just humour me) - and is killed in the explosion. Does the next top exe suspect then get exed?)

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i kind of just opened a sunlight chat with someone outside the sunlight gang already. 

You're probably supposed to wait for Sart to do that for you as you could get roleblocked/redirected, meaning no PM then.

Actually Sart second question - for Verdant oversubscription, is the following cycle an entire cycle or just a single Turn?

55 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

You're probably supposed to wait for Sart to do that for you as you could get roleblocked/redirected, meaning no PM then.

what i ment is that i submitted my choice for pm and is still waiting for pm to be made by sart

3 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

what i ment is that i submitted my choice for pm and is still waiting for pm to be made by sart

You're allowed to change your orders multiple times until the Turn ends so this is more "don't feel like it" which is reasonable enough.

Awkwardly, V!leaning Aman and still wanna V!lean Drake. Acknowledge Aman on Drake's E!range but Drake just kind of feels more grouchy and petally when he's Evil 😔 I look forward to being wrong about both of them.

I don't really see it, but I'll take the free village read, yarr.

It'd crossed my mind that if we hung a Deadrunner yesterday they might've tried to drag me down with them in a cataclysm of crimson, but I figured there was no sense in dwelling on it or in giving anyone ideas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ particularly because Aeoryi was village.

15 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Gorlog's saggy ba- bags. I'm getting old and sloppy.

@Sart - Can people still pull a Lotus in this game?

(i.e. Does collecting of a spore happen at the same time as the exe? I'm specifically asking because say the top exe suspect guns for Crimson/Roseite (yes I know, just humour me) - and is killed in the explosion. Does the next top exe suspect then get exed?)

Actually Sart second question - for Verdant oversubscription, is the following cycle an entire cycle or just a single Turn?

No. Taking spores comes last in the order of operations

Verdant over-subscription is for the entire cycle.

4 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I don't really see it, but I'll take the free village read, yarr.

It'd crossed my mind that if we hung a Deadrunner yesterday they might've tried to drag me down with them in a cataclysm of crimson, but I figured there was no sense in dwelling on it or in giving anyone ideas ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ particularly because Aeoryi was village.

I'm willing to admit it's not a high confidence read but it boiled back to E!you not wanting to give the Village anything for free. I'm willing to work with it for now. I also agree that compiling info is pretty low effort so you aren’t ride or die rn.

6 minutes ago, Sart said:

No. Taking spores comes last in the order of operations

Just to confirm: were we supposed to see Aeo take Roseite then?

IDK if I can get on anymore prior to rollover so for the sake of having it somewhere:

<TKN, Drake, Aman, JNV> V reads with varying degrees of ?

Raven — had a good vibe from one post but strikes me as having his attention elsewhere 

TJ — No read, potentially but disliked TJ claiming an endgame sus applied to the start of a game

Faerie — Shut up Drakebro 😔 Still felt overhedgy potentially. Maybe especially so in light of D1.

Royal — Hard to read new player. Comparison needed. Sheep onto Aeo ???

No read — Hairy, Aet

37 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Just to confirm: were we supposed to see Aeo take Roseite then?

... That's a good point. Pretend you didn't see anything.

16 minutes ago, Sart said:

... That's a good point. Pretend you didn't see anything.

See what O7 

Ok. Last thing, yell at me if I'm on again as I gotta go do my presentation but I had a thought.

22 hours ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Spore Tally (unchanged since my last post)
Crimson (1/1): DrakeMarshall
Verdant (1/4): Faerie Braids
Zephyr (1/5): TheRavenHasLanded
Sunlight (1/7): RoyalBeeMage
Undeclared: Everyone Else

22 hours ago, Sart said:
  • TJ took a Zephyr Spore
  • Faerie Braids took a Verdant Spore
  • RoyalBeeMage took a Sunlight Spore
  • TheRavenHasLanded took a Zephyr Spore
  • Amanuensis took a Sunlight Spore
  • JNV took a Sunlight Spore
  • Kasimir took a Sunlight Spore
  • DrakeMarshall took a Crimson Spore

Strikes me that the Elims are maybe a bit risk averse (notice no Crimson doubling, regardless of Drake's alignment, and no one on Roseite) - multiple taking Verdant would seriously screw them over, which is maybe a good sign wrt Faerie, though it's also apparent who said/was going for which. Perhaps they also didn't want to have to explain taking Roseite, though that feels a bit whatever. 

Edited by Kasimir

Grant stumbled out of his cabin, bleeding. How had this happened? What maniac had killed him? His eyes darted among the shadows, seeing killers in every nook and cranny. What was happening? Why him? Why now? He sprawled out onto the floor, his eyes rolling back. The Spores he thought The Spores are going to get wet. As he bled out, his blood dripped downward, near the spores store. However, not a single one sprouted, as the blood missed by the smallest of margins. It was a miracle, but Grant could not appreciate it. He had already passed on.

TJ has died. He was a member of the Loyal Crew.

Spore Supply:

Hide contents
  • 3 Zephyr Spores
  • 4 Sunlight Spores

Player List:

Hide contents
  1. |TJ| : Grant Loyal Crew
  2. @Faerie Braids : Morrigan
  3. Aeoryi Loyal Crew
  4. @Aeternum
  5. @RoyalBeeMage
  6. @TheRavenHasLanded : Revir
  7. @Amanuensis
  8. @JNV
  9. @The Bald Brandon
  10. @Kasimir : Kelwin
  11. @Hairybarron
  12. @DrakeMarshall : Rob Hertz

The Day will end in 48 hours on March 13th, at 9 PM EST.

46 minutes ago, Sart said:
  • 3 Zephyr Spores
  • 4 Sunlight Spores

Let's work out the delta.

On 3/11/2024 at 9:28 AM, Sart said:
  • 3 Zephyr Spores
  • 3 Sunlight Spores
  • 3 Verdant Spores
  • 2 Roseite Spores
  • 1 Midnight Spore

Triple Verdant grab last Night. Zero Zephyr grab. The extra Sunlight likely came from TJ. No, I'm a fool.

@Sart Where does Spore use occur next to the NK/Crimson kill? Asking whether TJ could have used his Zephyr prior to his death, according to OoA.

-3V, -2R, -1M = 6

6 grabs, 11 people. Anyone want to admit to getting oversubscription woes? (If TJ used his Zephyr prior to his death, then it's 7 grabs, 11 people.)

Posted (edited)

GM Clarification Time:

Spoiler

What is the order of actions?

Verdant -> Zephyr -> Roseite -> Midnight -> Crimson & Elim Kill -> Sunlight -> Grabbing Spores

Is it announced if someone was targeted with a kill twice?

No.

Are people informed if their actions is redirected by Zephyr spores

No.

Are people informed if they are blocked due to Verdant spores

No.

Are roleblocked kills or protected kills announced in the write up?

No.

Can I use a Spore, and take a different Spore from the Supply?

Yes.

Edited by Sart

Thank you so much @Sart 💚

I'm currently theorising TJ was a Crimson shot FWIW. I think it's possible TJ used his Zephyr if so. Less likely (but not impossible) that it hit one of the PM people.

TJ was the main CW to Aeo - I can't see the Elims willingly flipping the CW since that gives us a lot more info about D1 dispositions. IMO double V on D1 entails high Elim disengagement or bandwagoning. I just don't have the time or energy to work it out at present. Will get back after my presentation, sorry all!