Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

Granted, your young Indian man stuck in a boat with live tiger does, in fact, not crash into any whales. Your bane is that everything you say has a double meaning, and people pick up on the meaning you didn’t intend.

I wish for the ability to see everything at its full beauty.

22 minutes ago, Scarletfox said:

Granted, but you will never again be able to receive reputation.

I wish that I had some pickles. We're out and they make the best reading snack.

Granted, check the Girls Only! thread!! Your bane is that it's only on the thread...

I wish for a pet cat. I'll be giving an explanation soon, though I don't think one is necessary.

1 minute ago, turtle said:

granted. Your bane is that you were probably expecting a bane but you don't get on.

I wish for a bane with no boon.

The Nightwatcher gives you nothing, as giving you a bane would fulfill your boon, which creates an endless cycle of an incomplete wish, which can only be escaped by giving nothing.

I wish for an eternally living rose.

Just now, turtle said:

granted, and you get a adorable kitten that loves to cuddle. The only thing is that your cat is allergic to the rose.

I wish for a cat that likes playing tag.

Granted, the cat really likes tagging everyone it sees! ...with its claws.

I wish for a potato.

1 minute ago, Experience said:

Here, but you can no longer eat anything made with potatoes. 

I was really hoping you'd say, "Here, but it's in a minefield." You know, in reference to my rank.

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

I wish for more time.

The Nightwatcher gives you a pitying look. "I have made you immortal, and that is bane enough by itself. You have infinite time, like I do. You must watch the human race destroy itself time after time. You must stand alone while those you've grown to love die. You may start a family, but then must watch them age while you remain unchanged. Day by day, year by year, your respect for life diminishes. Everything, it seems, must die. Everything but you." The Nightwatcher turns away so you can't see her tears. "I feel I must apologize to you for what I have done, despite the fact that it was your wish. So, I am sorry. Now go, live your newfound eternal life while you still can appreciate it."

I wish to die of old age in at least 80 years.