Just now, Ookla the Resolute said:

Anyway won't be on EoD tell me what happens and if I die look more at TKN/Cash/Laby

I am trying not to be on at EoD. It's 0538hrs. I want some goddamn sleep. Instead, I'm cranky and irritable and have been all night except when I was coding ._.

Just now, Kasimir said:

I am trying not to be on at EoD. It's 0538hrs. I want some goddamn sleep. Instead, I'm cranky and irritable and have been all night except when I was coding ._.

PLEAAAAASE SLEEEEEEEP

Just now, Kasimir said:

Can u. Pls. Self-protecc.

ffs.

If ur BS ur more important. Can u pls.

I already said I wouldn’t tho :( the elims probably don’t believe me anyway, which is the point, so I’m not really worried about dying today

Plus I’m a fan of pure vanilla games anyway. Roles are a crutch. I trust in our collective efforts to solve \o/

3 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

mmmm. cash has a vote off wagon atm while araris is going for self pres atm. @Winnie the Pookla if you got a cash flip rn (of any alignment) where would you look next? where do you go if cash flips w? or t/sk?

I'm not sure, tbh. I feel like the origins of the votes on me are fairly honest, but might look at Silber/Coffee on an elim flip, or Aeoryi on a village flip. There might also be an elim hiding on the folks voting for me, and a third in the folks that didn't vote C1.

6 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Is it worth it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Really? It's a community principle for a reason. Sure, I get there are extenuating circumstances, but. I kinda think Araris cares about that, enough to not do it. He certainly cared when I mentioned in MR66 that Wit was on his first game, even if I was wrong.

@Amanuensis I just find it hard to see most SE regulars going with it. I guess maybe if pragmatism really demands it - I definitely recall having occasionally violated that rule in really specific situations, but like, Ravenclaw fits that bill. Unlikely to be intercepted. Shooting the few people who are definitely never gonna be protected even if there's more targets out for team advantage just leaves a bad taste for me. Maybe I'm overestimating SE regulars? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

@Amanuensis I just find it hard to see most SE regulars going with it. I guess maybe if pragmatism really demands it - I definitely recall having occasionally violated that rule in really specific situations, but like, Ravenclaw fits that bill. Unlikely to be intercepted. Shooting the few people who are definitely never gonna be protected even if there's more targets out for team advantage just leaves a bad taste for me. Maybe I'm overestimating SE regulars? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

The only time I can recall killing a "new" player was when said player was an alt account for someone we'd banned. Might also have done it another time to a returning player in a small QF or something where options were limited.

1 minute ago, Winnie the Pookla said:

I'm not sure, tbh. I feel like the origins of the votes on me are fairly honest, but might look at Silber/Coffee on an elim flip, or Aeoryi on a village flip. There might also be an elim hiding on the folks voting for me, and a third in the folks that didn't vote C1.

hmm noted. youre reminding me i didnt get a look over the no voters from c1 either (;_; every day i make myself silly little to do lists and dont follow them)

why do you think coffee is aligned with cash atm?

The only time I can recall killing a "new" player was when said player was an alt account for someone we'd banned. Might also have done it another time to a returning player in a small QF or something where options were limited.

I remember the first one - Gears. I was GMing that and I remember Mat being bewildered by the fact that Aureole got C1ed and some of the dead players too because that wasn't supposed to happen.

Edited to add:

Plus I’m a fan of pure vanilla games anyway. Roles are a crutch. I trust in our collective efforts to solve \o/

At twice the kills, I'm less optimistic, tbh.

Edited by Kasimir

Just now, neil the beguiled said:

why do you think coffee is aligned with cash atm?

It's not really that they are connected; I suspect an elim voting on me, think you and Aman are coming at me honestly, so that leaves the other two. Aeoryi and Cash voted together C1 (on Aeoryi), so I doubt they are teamed. That leaves me with extra suspicion on coffee if cash flips red.

Unironically content to let the vote rand (technically again) so I feel less guilty if Araris flips green 😛 I’m also down for a flashwagon but with TKN, Ash, and Alpha all getting a consensus “Wait until C3” pass, I’m not sure we’re left with any great option

Edited by Amanuensis

32 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Does this change if Ravenclaw was the SK kill?

I guess on further reflection: lean unlikely. Devo is one of the players who pays the most attention to these things, so I think of anyone playing, she'd be the most likely to object to a Raven Elim kill. Maybe she'll surprise me when I'm in the dead doc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

On 11/8/2023 at 3:21 AM, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

It's don't kill new or returning players, don't kill people who've been C1'd recently, and avoid killing players who could be exed. I don't think there are players who go out of their way to violate these guidelines. Who would you have killed?

IMO Raven violates two of her listed criteria, rather than just one.

Edited to add:

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

I’m not sure we’re left with any great option

Still want to flip Wiz but I'm probably still tilted from the re-read and just want to figure if I should be voting Cash or Araris ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by Kasimir

6 minutes ago, Winnie the Pookla said:

It's not really that they are connected; I suspect an elim voting on me, think you and Aman are coming at me honestly, so that leaves the other two. Aeoryi and Cash voted together C1 (on Aeoryi), so I doubt they are teamed. That leaves me with extra suspicion on coffee if cash flips red.

Inb4 a nutty Aeo/Cash/Coffee team

18 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:
18 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Can u. Pls. Self-protecc.

ffs.

If ur BS ur more important. Can u pls.

I already said I wouldn’t tho :( the elims probably don’t believe me anyway, which is the point, so I’m not really worried about dying today

Resurfacing this because I dunno if it was noticed since they were fused double posts

5 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Inb4 a nutty Aeo/Cash/Coffee team

[conversationally] I really hate nuttiness.

I really, really, really despise nuttiness, even as I understand why it matters 👀

The problem with belonging to SE Gamma's lineage is that there is a howling seed of paranoia festering in my mind which always needs to be tamped down and surpressed, rather than fed. Occasionally, I don't do a good job and then I C1 exe Aman, or decide to vote V!Archer at lylo with Mat screaming at me to secure the correct train against a hammer 👀 

In other words, I suppose I'd say the reason I take paranoia personally is it's the one nuclear button in me I absolutely don't want players to push because I'm always battling it to actually be a halfway effective Villager rather than to go Gamma on everyone. It utterly destroyed House Urbain.

Hi D1 EoD Wiz. This is probably why I'm so irrationally mad about this.

Edited to add:

2 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Resurfacing this because I dunno if it was noticed since they were fused double posts

I saw it. My response is just that I feel that at three deaths a cycle, I'd like BranAman Sanderson to stick around a little more. And not just the role, as an analyst.

Edited by Kasimir

wow.

now i don't feel so bad anymore for not catching up.

gl I'm going to re-read and try to make up my mind.

30-year-old Aman is lazy, what can I say. TBF, mostly it’s because the majority of my screen time these days is spent on a tablet, which makes ISOs and multitabbing too cumbersome

Edited by Amanuensis

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

[conversationally] I really hate nuttiness.

I really, really, really despise nuttiness, even as I understand why it matters 👀

The problem with belonging to SE Gamma's lineage is that there is a howling seed of paranoia festering in my mind which always needs to be tamped down and surpressed, rather than fed. Occasionally, I don't do a good job and then I C1 exe Aman, or decide to vote V!Archer at lylo with Mat screaming at me to secure the correct train against a hammer 👀 

In other words, I suppose I'd say the reason I take paranoia personally is it's the one nuclear button in me I absolutely don't want players to push because I'm always battling it to actually be a halfway effective Villager rather than to go Gamma on everyone. It utterly destroyed House Urbain.

Hi D1 EoD Wiz. This is probably why I'm so irrationally mad about this.

Yeah I do have a habit of going a tab bit crazy around EoD...

1 minute ago, Amanuensis said:

30-year-old Aman is lazy, what can I say. TBF, mostly it’s because the majority of my screen time these days is spent on a tablet, which makes ISOs and multitabbing too cumbersome

Similar tbh. Maybe I really just need to accept I should just stay contemporary.

Stick also recommended keeping in mind if I ML a Villager that the other Villagers all decided it was a perfectly acceptable state of affairs so the guilt should be properly distributed 😔

Similar tbh. Maybe I really just need to accept I should just stay contemporary.

Stick also recommended keeping in mind if I ML a Villager that the other Villagers all decided it was a perfectly acceptable state of affairs so the guilt should be properly distributed 😔

Couldn’t agree with Stick more. She is a wise piece of woodland detritus.

i promise if we miselim a villager then i will take the guilt from you. but if we eliminate an eliminator we shall ride towards victory!