Issues after 2023 site upgrade

Paleo

14 minutes ago, Canada Lover said:

I think those are for members who are recently active, I dunno. Just try hovering over it with a mouse. Also, sometimes the shard doesn't work on one's phone.

@The Honorable One

Oh, yeah, that does happen to me. I haven't been able to see any of the content on each page.

20 minutes ago, The Honorable One said:

Oh, yeah, that does happen to me. I haven't been able to see any of the content on each page.

I don't understand this comment. Could you explain? In what situation?

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I don't understand this comment. Could you explain? In what situation?

I can navigate the shard normally, but whenever I open a topic, I cannot see any of the context. I can see the very top of the page and the very bottom of the page. And I reset all my cookies and stuff too. I'll attach a picture.

IMG_3472.jpeg

I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but the behavior for email notifications has changed. Previously, it would include the entire text of the message (excepting text in spoiler boxes): now, it shows only the first ~150 characters. Is this an intentional change?

1 hour ago, xinoehp512 said:

I don't know if this has been addressed yet, but the behavior for email notifications has changed. Previously, it would include the entire text of the message (excepting text in spoiler boxes): now, it shows only the first ~150 characters. Is this an intentional change?

It's been a thing mentioned. Invision Power Suite did change that. We are looking into how we can adjust the email template.

Sorry if this has been covered before. When I look at my name, it appears to be uncentered relative to my Member Title and profile photo. It's as if it's left aligned slightly. In the attached picture, I've marked where the actual center line is in red and where my name should be centered in blue to illustrate my point. To properly center it, the middle should be between the C and H, not starting midway into the H. 

Photo (or just look at my profile pic and name on this post)

Spoiler

image.png.bdec28839454d2f18e8323e1ab858f38.png

Full report

• Platform: Desktop Windows
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Affected Page(s): Wherever I post
  • Expected Behavior: Centered username
  • Actual Behavior: Uncentered username

12 hours ago, Chaos said:

This is definitely being discussed. Eventually, for sure! 

I wonder if there is a way to tie it to a not-logged-in state?

Also, is there a way to turn off the Push Notification Ad? 

Spoiler

Shard_Push.jpg.c2b09d0982a6ea75f09eedad77431775.jpg

I do not want Push Notifications, I have already set all of my Notifications settings, and I really do not want to say "no thanks" to this nearly every time I get any other notification. 

Edited by Treamayne
Push Update

On 11/5/2023 at 5:48 PM, Archer said:

Sorry if this has been covered before. When I look at my name, it appears to be uncentered relative to my Member Title and profile photo. It's as if it's left aligned slightly. In the attached picture, I've marked where the actual center line is in red and where my name should be centered in blue to illustrate my point. To properly center it, the middle should be between the C and H, not starting midway into the H. 

Reveal hidden contents

Full report

• Platform: Desktop Windows
  • Browser: Chrome
  • Affected Page(s): Wherever I post
  • Expected Behavior: Centered username
  • Actual Behavior: Uncentered username

Was it lie this before the update or only after? Because it’s possible you put a space on the end of your name or something 

8 minutes ago, Labyrinth said:

Was it lie this before the update or only after? Because it’s possible you put a space on the end of your name or something 

I just double checked and no, there's no extra space. Sure looks like there is though. I'm tempted to add one to the front of my name to make it more balanced. :D. 

On 11/5/2023 at 5:48 PM, Archer said:

Reveal hidden contents

On 11/7/2023 at 6:31 PM, Labyrinth said:

Was it like this before the update or only after? Because it’s possible you put a space on the end of your name or something 

On 11/7/2023 at 6:40 PM, Archer said:

I just double checked and no, there's no extra space. Sure looks like there is though. I'm tempted to add one to the front of my name to make it more balanced. :D. 

I'm pretty sure it's not just your profile or display, but it seems more pronounced in your display because your "title" is so short an deliberately pointing to the center of that text (which does not match the image's center or the center of your user name - all three are slightly different)

Example:

Spoiler

Centering.thumb.jpg.7bcce3dfee54eb290bb65b677baffe11.jpg

Boxed and Halved:

Spoiler

Centering_Measure.thumb.jpg.9e7df42d33b1817b14fa2c9d9e58f5c2.jpg

Granted, in the "Boxed" image I aligned the boxes with the first pixel of content for the main post, which may or may not actually align with the edge of the pane displaying the user information (which also has to adjust for margin, padding, etc).

When I inspect the element, it appears that some items in the pane have a 500 pixel indent (at least for PC and Firefox, where I am inspecting the page).

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

I don’t mean to rebring this up again.

But the limit to the contact info is fair. Not many people like scrolling down and down to look at peoples pages. However, because my contact info was above 250 character count before the update, it never lost anything, and so it is currently above the limit. Although I can delete form them, I cannot add. I think all this is fair. But, when you press edit for your basic info, which includes my contact info and my About Me, it is on the same page. So when I edit my About Me, it goes through all go the parts of that page to make sure they are ok. In essence, when I edit my About me page and try to save it won’t let me because my contact info is long. It greets me with this.IMG_4825.thumb.png.3dc4d830fb95c42744c7f41fb42b79b9.png

So I can’t edit my about me. Because my other parts of my page are technically over limit.

25 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

So I can’t edit my about me. Because my other parts of my page are technically over limit.

As I said, we do not have a limit enabled on these, so this must be a software bug. I definitely understand that annoyance, but I have checked the setting. We don't have a limit engaged on them. I don't know why that's happening, but yeah.

In the meantime, I would encourage you to paste your contact responses--as those fields will go away and be removed--and reformulate them into an About Me page. You should do this regardless of the character limit. 

29 minutes ago, Chaos said:

As I said, we do not have a limit enabled on these, so this must be a software bug. I definitely understand that annoyance, but I have checked the setting. We don't have a limit engaged on them. I don't know why that's happening, but yeah.

In the meantime, I would encourage you to paste your contact responses--as those fields will go away and be removed--and reformulate them into an About Me page. You should do this regardless of the character limit. 

Yes I have them all saved somewhere else. I do apreciate the warning.

3 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

I don't know what happened here but:

1. Clicked "read more"

2. Opened the spoiler

3. Post did not adjust length

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231115-091543.thumb.png.9c68b222d682f86a6bc46b5a4a186176.png

3 hours ago, The cheeseman said:

I've seen this happen before. It will expand the post if you open the spoiler and then hit 'Read More.' Still kind of annoying, though

Exactly. The "Expand" (or at least that is the label on PC) will only expand to current internal length; so if there is a spoiler or collapsed quote in there, then you have to show those first for the "Expand" to correctly display the full contents. 

If you "expand" first, then open the spoiler or collapsed quote, it will not expand again and the collapsed box will extend below the quote/post/thread. Any elements that have a higher layer order will cover that section of the text. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by Treamayne
Spoiler demo

I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but when I'm on a computer and search something while I'm on a thread it automatically filters the search to results in that topic.

however when I do the same thing on my phone, the results are from the whole shard, not just the thread.