Issues after 2023 site upgrade

Paleo

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

I suppose, but there are also a lot of things that notify you at each one. And status updates don't have titles like threads, so they couldn't do the last one.

Anyway, sounds like for your use case you probably don't want that notification type.

Oh, there are? I haven't noticed that.

34 minutes ago, Experience said:

Status Updates don't appear to be giving people notifications. Either that or they are very delayed (like 10 minutes).

On mobile, the side bar with all the info for each thread shows up in between the first and second post of the page. It seems like it should be either before the first post or after the last post, right?

Also, Status Updates still give you a notification for every. single. reply. Is there a plan to fix this?

I want the updates for the replies to be there. not knowing about new replies can be painful.

I use an iPad (I have no idea which model) and on the Sanderson Memes page I accidentally added an image to my post, and when I tried to delete it by editing it seemed like everything was working until I pressed save, and the image was still there.

Edit: never mind, I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Edited by Ravenclawjedi42

Up until yesterday, whenever I got an email notifying me of PM, it also contained the whole of the PM, quotes and such included. However, now it only contains a first few words or so and then sends me to the forums <_< I much preferred the original functionality, since it allowed me to read the replies easily on mobile (reading them from email is much easier) and then reply when I got home to my PC. Also, it served as automatic message backup. 

I do believe that the same issue happened after the last update and it was fixed by... I think Chaos? So I would appreciate it if it could be fixed again, or the setting added.

As an aside, could the opacity on the quote borders be bumped up a bit? Or the lower border added? At 0.15, I just barely see it, but it takes effort, so I cannot really tell where the quote ends, especially when there are several in sequence with replies to them.

1 hour ago, Satsuoni said:

As an aside, could the opacity on the quote borders be bumped up a bit? Or the lower border added? At 0.15, I just barely see it, but it takes effort, so I cannot really tell where the quote ends, especially when there are several in sequence with replies to them.

Second this.

1 hour ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Also, when I tried to access the calendar, this came up:

I know the reason why this is, and this will be fixed when Paleo gets a chance. They just changed the name of the module, for some reason.

Just now, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

How do you get to the calender?

Once the link is fixed, under More in both Desktop and Mobile navigation. Only the mobile link currently works. 

28 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

I've been talking to people, and it seems like everyone either no longer gets notifications for SUs, ir they get notifications for every single post their followed people make

That must just be how Invision has decided it works now. Sorry!

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

That sucks. SUs are a pretty big thing here and now it will be obnoxious to use them.

As I said earlier, set up an Activity Stream to have a "home page" for that kind of content, rather than just via notifications. But yeah, unfortunately not a lot we can do about that. It is interesting how the past few years status updates has been a big cultural thing. That was not the case OB time.

7 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Hey, I'm curious... Apparently 918 people were online early in the morning... was that because of the site update automatically made people online or just a lot of people had the itch to pop on the Shard?

Bots, probably. Most people "online" at any given time are almost assuredly not real, in my opinion.

Edited by Chaos

33 minutes ago, Silver Phantom said:

Sorry if someone asked this already but i can not find my rank on my page. I can only see it on comments I posted

Click on Reputation on your profile and you'll see it there.

28 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Ah, I think I know why that is. Good to know. A lot of this is coming from the fact that we have hidden who gives out what, and IPS expects everyone to just see that. We will likely need to alter this.

Why do we hide the source of Rep? I can see why it might have been the case when negative Rep was a thing, but I never understood why it continued when negative rep was removed.

17 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

Why do we hide the source of Rep? I can see why it might have been the case when negative Rep was a thing, but I never understood why it continued when negative rep was removed.

There were some reasons, but yes, that's precisely why we are discussing this :) 

51 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Are they’re no more rep levels? I’m forums? I only see them in pms.

There are. For some reason the default skin doesn't have them appear on mobile during posts. They are there on desktop. We can see if having them on mobile posts is doable; they look similar to the PM interface with some subtle differences, so we would want to make sure there aren't unintended consequences.