Issues after 2023 site upgrade

Paleo

I'm unable to edit any aspect of my profile (I wanted to change my Member Title, and then tried to edit my About Me to test if it would work). Both things sent me to an error page with a "try again" message. I'm on a laptop, in microsoft edge because I'm too lazy to transfer everything to chrome lol

I'm also on school WiFi atm, which I don't think has anything to do with it as it's never blocked the shard before and I'm able to post, but idk.

I had this oddity (Google Chrome on mobile) where I hit send, it didn't appear to be sent, so I clicked it two more times, and the post was repeated 3 times (but all in the same post)

11 hours ago, Experience said:

In PMs now if you post twice in a row it merges your new post with your old one. This is cool and all, but I don't think it gives a notification to people about the updated message.

Perhaps that lines up with this?

5 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

I had this oddity (Google Chrome on mobile) where I hit send, it didn't appear to be sent, so I clicked it two more times, and the post was repeated 3 times (but all in the same post)

Perhaps that lines up with this?

Not quite. For example for a large RP post I was writing out I wrote it in segments in separate messages in a personal pm so I sent them like at least 5 min apart and they merged. This is also happening in group PMs.

19 hours ago, Experience said:

In PMs now if you post twice in a row it merges your new post with your old one. This is cool and all, but I don't think it gives a notification to people about the updated message.

Yes, I found a new setting to do this, which I think will vastly lower double post reports, so I turned that on. It only merges within a set amount of the time of the initial post. I currently have it set to 15 minutes. I haven't tested the notification matter, but it will probably be fine.

9 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I'm unable to edit any aspect of my profile (I wanted to change my Member Title, and then tried to edit my About Me to test if it would work). Both things sent me to an error page with a "try again" message. I'm on a laptop, in microsoft edge because I'm too lazy to transfer everything to chrome lol

I'm also on school WiFi atm, which I don't think has anything to do with it as it's never blocked the shard before and I'm able to post, but idk.

Did this happen at home? Does anyone else have this issue?

6 hours ago, Szeth_Pancakes said:

SUs with spoiler boxes in them seem to be glitching out a bit with the “read more” function

Interesting; this is because of some modification we have done on this skin. I'm not sure how, but we will definitely investigate and fix this.

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Yes, I found a new setting to do this, which I think will vastly lower double post reports, so I turned that on. It only merges within a set amount of the time of the initial post. I currently have it set to 15 minutes. I haven't tested the notification matter, but it will probably be fine.

Did this happen at home? Does anyone else have this issue?

Interesting; this is because of some modification we have done on this skin. I'm not sure how, but we will definitely investigate and fix this.

I think it will be awesome for double posts. I just feel like in PMs it isn't necessary and even detrimental as it doesn't send a notification for the second message.

4 minutes ago, Experience said:

I think it will be awesome for double posts. I just feel like in PMs it isn't necessary and even detrimental as it doesn't send a notification for the second message.

PMs are essentially topics, and I can't change that functionality for PMs. It's a universal Posting setting. I could lower the threshold somewhat if it's a problem that affects people.

8 minutes ago, Chaos said:

PMs are essentially topics, and I can't change that functionality for PMs. It's a universal Posting setting. I could lower the threshold somewhat if it's a problem that affects people.

It should be fine ig. Just means you have to @ the person so they see it.

Also when on mobile, when I receive a PM I have to either click read full message or the little x on the pop up that shows up. If I'm in the middle of a page when this happens, I scroll to the top to check the message (by habit) but you can't click anywhere until you click one of those on the pop up which means I just have to scroll all the way back down. Not the worst thing, but if it could be fixed it would be appreciated.

6 minutes ago, Experience said:

It should be fine ig. Just means you have to @ the person so they see it.

Also when on mobile, when I receive a PM I have to either click read full message or the little x on the pop up that shows up. If I'm in the middle of a page when this happens, I scroll to the top to check the message (by habit) but you can't click anywhere until you click one of those on the pop up which means I just have to scroll all the way back down. Not the worst thing, but if it could be fixed it would be appreciated.

This is the sort of core functionality things that will make updates challenging to maintain, so we will likely not be able to do that. 

I'm sure technically in the code, sure, but that's a lot of time and effort for something that will break. 

I agree it is annoying, though.

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

This is the sort of core functionality things that will make updates challenging to maintain, so we will likely not be able to do that. 

I'm sure technically in the code, sure, but that's a lot of time and effort for something that will break. 

I agree it is annoying, though.

Okay, I'll just have to wait till my muscle memory gets used to it.

17 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

It does, yes. The error code is EX1366, if that sort of thing is useful.

Fascinating. We will look into it. If anyone else has this problem, do please let us know! 

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

1. The text box for writing your message in does not appear sometimes. This just happened as I came here. I have screenshots that can be shared upon request of this.

I don't know what causes it

2. Where is the leaderboard now located?

Leaderboard is now in the three line menu, maybe under more.

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

1. The text box for writing your message in does not appear sometimes. This just happened as I came here. I have screenshots that can be shared upon request of this.

I definitely need more information. Which text box, which situations is sometimes, to the best of your ability? Keep track of that.

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

2. Where is the leaderboard now located?

Under More on both desktop and mobile. It's essentially the same as the previous version on desktop except the hamburger menu is now More. It is exactly in the same on mobile.

Someone might have said this already but on Windows Chrome and mobile Chrome and if Im not signed in then tapping the date time bit to take me to the last post doesnt work and just takes you to the first page like if youd clikced the topic name but it works fine when signed in

9 hours ago, Chaos said:

I definitely need more information. Which text box, which situations is sometimes, to the best of your ability? Keep track of that.

Under More on both desktop and mobile. It's essentially the same as the previous version on desktop except the hamburger menu is now More. It is exactly in the same on mobile.

Here:

Screenshot_20231023-205749.thumb.png.1e0093c278c12f81ad00992ef160ea46.png

Screenshot_20231021-190855.png

33 minutes ago, Koloss17 said:

Overall I’m quite a fan of the format, but I just wish there was an easy shortcut to the forums and not directly to the news. It’s a small convenience thing, but it would make my constant bouncing from forum to forum a lot nicer.

Click the threw bars at the top if you're on mobile

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231024_125855_Firefox.thumb.jpg.a563ce33510a9def0ac3fdeedfdc9253.jpg

And there is a button that says "Forums"

Spoiler

Screenshot_20231024_130015_Firefox.thumb.jpg.6ecc567872612cba9e15cb4005384e00.jpg