People you wouldn't want to meet in a dark alley

Voidus

9 minutes ago, Blazenella said:

I wasn't even aware that head removing spikes existed!!! The world of the DA is truly magnificent.

Well technically all spikes can be head removing spikes but these ones were specifically crafted from a species on one of the lesser Invested worlds, their sole power is the ability to supress the growth of extra heads.

2 minutes ago, Gancho Libre said:

Can't. Choosing sides would make me a part of the coming war.

I don't want to be a part of it.

You don't need to choose a side to get a spike, we hand them out freely to all.

11 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

These alleys are one of the most fun places in the alleyverse. 

@Voidus quick question about the clown rule, what if it’s not makeup and costumes and the being was spiked in such a way to change its spirit web, and body, to look like a clown?

I would question the sanity of anyone who put that much research into trying to make something look like a clown but then pretty much everyone in the DA has questionable sanity so sure why not?

1 minute ago, LittleGreyDragon said:

I hear there might be labs available for a newcomer with an interest in dark alleys and hemalurgic experiments.

Indeed there are. The official requirement for joining is that you offer someone on the intro threads a cookie, or theorize about Hemalurgy. I think. That might have changed since I joined.

6 minutes ago, LittleGreyDragon said:

I hear there might be labs available for a newcomer with an interest in dark alleys and hemalurgic experiments.

Of course, might have to clear out a few Mistwraiths from it though, someone started a breeding them so we'd have Kandra available for testing if we need and they seem to be spreading rather faster than we'd originally thought.

3 minutes ago, Kidpen said:

Indeed there are. The official requirement for joining is that you offer someone on the intro threads a cookie, or theorize about Hemalurgy. I think. That might have changed since I joined.

To become a full member that's correct still, but for the sake of those who don't want to get involved in the cookie wars that happen sometimes they can set up a lab here for a while before handing in any research.

Edited by Voidus

On 4/21/2018 at 8:14 PM, I think I am here. said:

Sure, if your idea of 'fun' is spiking mice to the point of them being in the verge of death so so you can have a small allomantic mouse slave.

(which it kinda is, tbh)

Why spike mice until they are about to die when you can spike mice until they can't die? :P

I'm pretty sure that's how at least one of the alley's myriad eldritch horrors originated.

19 hours ago, Drake Marshall said:

Why spike mice until they are about to die when you can spike mice until they can't die? :P

I'm pretty sure that's how at least one of the alley's myriad eldritch horrors originated.

You mean the Elantrian mice? They're actually trapped between life and death. So, be careful whenever you visit the Undead Alley; they can use the Dor.

On 4/17/2018 at 3:43 AM, Voidus said:

It's the way in that's the problem, people can leave if they want to. Well unless they're in one of the research labs, the denizens in R&D mess with some weird stuff.

Hey, I resemble that remark! 

Actually, I currently resemble some kind of weird Pirate-Gargoyle-Amphibian amalgamation, due to a mishap with a new research assistant and some Essence Spikes. We'd recently discovered that in certain cases one's career and or habits becomes a part of their cognitive and spiritual identities, and thus can be Spiked turned into a new cookie flavor. On a totally unrelated note, I need about 10 new research assistants. And if anyone knows an alloy that might be useful for storing faith, let me know. So far titanium has shown only limited success.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

2 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

Hey, I resemble that remark! 

Actually, I currently resemble some kind of weird Pirate-Gargoyle-Amphibian amalgamation, due to a mishap with a new research assistant and some Essence Spikes. We'd recently discovered that in certain cases one's career and or habits becomes a part of their cognitive and spiritual identities, and thus can be Spiked turned into a new cookie flavor. On a totally unrelated note, I need about 10 new research assistants. And if anyone knows an alloy that might be useful for storing faith, let me know. So far titanium has shown only limited success.

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Could try some Aonium that's been carved with Aon Omi, Rao or Aon Sea ?