Mid-Range Game 65: Set on Infiltration

Experience

21 hours ago, Experience said:

Less than 48 hours left till signups close. If you're gonna want to play, nows your chance!

I’ve never done an SE game before, but have always wanted to. I guess I’ll join this!

My character’s name will be Rajib Urbain.

5 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I’ve never done an SE game before, but have always wanted to. I guess I’ll join this!

My character’s name will be Rajib Urbain.

Oh cool! 

I'll probably stick around for this game since blackout is cool.

(Also the game blackout flipless won't be like this, right?)

4 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Oh cool! 

I'll probably stick around for this game since blackout is cool.

(Also the game blackout flipless won't be like this, right?)

Yes because that one was warned ahead of being blackout flipless and absolutely maddening but we still got a massive player count anyways :P

This one won't be like that one. But still a lot of fun.

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

"Thank you all for being willing to meet with us today!" a booming voice said, coming from a balcony's shadows in the large room.

There was a group of 10 or so, all standing together in the center.

"We have learned that there are some infiltrators among your little group." Whispered accusations began as everyone began to think of who had seemed a little traitorous lately. 

"Luckily, one of these traitors has given us a list of names in exchange for a quick and painless death."

One of the members of the group ran towards the nearest door upon hearing this. He reached the door, but it was locked. A shot rang out and he crumpled to the floor.

"Lorel here was kind enough to leave this list for you to figure out who is infiltrating the Set and who are faithful followers. You will not be able to leave this room until you have rid yourselves of these infiltrators."

The echoed voice faded from the room and a single piece of paper fell from the balcony above.

Lorel has been killed! He was an Infiltrator!

One on One PMs are currently available. Please include myself and the IM @Devotary of Spontaneity in any PMs created.

The cycle will end in just under 47 hours at 5:30pm PST.

Cycle 1 Alignment List:

Archer: Infiltrator

Aeoryi: Member of the Set

The Known Novel: Member of the Set

Matrim's Dice: Member of the Set

The Wandering Wizard: Member of the Set

Araris Valerian: Member of the Set

DeTess: Member of the Set

Labyrinth: Infiltrator

JNV: Member of the Set

STINK: Member of the Set

RavenclawJedi: Member of the Set

Enjoy!

Player List:

Edited by Experience
Adding when cycle ends

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

Archer, any explanation for why Lorel says you're an Infiltrator?

I'm assuming that there's more to this game than "exe the red names on the list". Something tells me that Devotary wouldn't have let that fly while reviewing the rules.

Yeah, uh, I wouldn’t take my word for it, but my GMPM definitely said something else

EDIT: @Aeoryi not exactly 

Edited by Labyrinth

Just now, Labyrinth said:

Yeah, uh, I wouldn’t take my word for it, but my GMPM definitely said something else

I definitely won't take your word for it :P.

Also, as a PSA from the rules to our new players:

• Don’t quote anything from your GM PM during the game for any reason. This includes quoting your role PM or action results. Do not show your GM PM to any other player.

Blackout games are especially vulnerable to breaking from this sort of thing, so I thought I'd put it here.

36 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm assuming that there's more to this game than "exe the red names on the list". Something tells me that Devotary wouldn't have let that fly while reviewing the rules.

I don't know. I think Devo has a sadistic streak running under there.

And that's basically exactly what my wincon says to do. Therefore: Archer.

57 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Lorel's dead smh, you can't trust the word of someone who can't even survive C1

I am curious if that's the correct ratio though. 2/11 seems low. 

I can't find the rules for this game's inspiration, LG63. Based on the master spreadsheet, I think how it went was players had:

-A feruchemical/allomantic role: flavored gold ferring, copper ferring, thug, and nothing - evenly split. This has evolved. I have a role that isn't one of these. 

-A rank role: 1 Sequence, then 50/50 suits and arrays. Nope. 

-A subset: communications, legal, PR, research, and kidnapping. Possible there's no docs this game because I don't have one. Kinda disappointing if true

People with the same subset shared docs. Docs got to use powers: vote movement/removal, communications, scanning, roleblocking etc. Suits got docs in which they could anonymously communicate with the Sequence. 

-An alignment: 3/17 ebi elims, 13/17 set villagers, and 1 traitor set, who is an elim with different flavor for some reason. Anyway, we're looking at a quarter ratio. 

None of this seems relevant, so why was it advertised as similar? 

Araris is too easily swayed by the criminals, methinks

45 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

Like this: Aeoryi

You can unvote like this: Aeoryi (though you can place a new vote without unvoting your last one)

And I'm still actually voting on Archer.

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

I don't know. I think Devo has a sadistic streak running under there.

And that's basically exactly what my wincon says to do. Therefore: Archer.

What if this is all a ploy? Okay, it probably isn't, but still, expect plot twists.

I'll rethink my decision this morning. 

For now, The Known Novel